I forgot my password

Latest topics
New and need advice and help

Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:26 pm by Cin124

Hi everyone,

About three months ago, I started having vaginal and vulval itching. Then, about two months ago, my vulva started to feel painful and look swollen, so I went to the doctor. I was tested for herpes, chlamydia, and gonorrhea which all came back negative. I also had to do a vaginal swab test and the only thing that came back positive was yeast infection. I was prescribed hydrozole …

Comments: 3

I'm new to this forum and would love some advice! :)

Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:13 am by anikita

Hi lovely gals!

I'm honestly hoping to get any bit of advice anyone might have to offer. I go from bouts of sobbing hysterically in my boyfriend's arms to feeling confident that I can beat this.

I haven't been actually diagnosed with vulvodynia but EVERYTHING under the sun has come back negative. I started having sex 4 years ago after starting Lo Loestrin, with my first and current boyfriend …

Comments: 13

Hello. Happy to have found this group.

Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:01 pm by foxysugarpants

I am new here and hope to gain some insight into my vulva pain. I suffered for a long time not realizing that there are ways to feel better. I saw the Dr. yesterday and I am starting P/T pelvic and valium suppositories. queen

Comments: 0

Had this for 5 years, looking for people who understand

Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:46 pm by blackberrie

Hey all. I'm really struggling to find anyone in real life who can really understand what I'm going through. I've had vestibulodynia for 5 years now and I'm single. Obviously it has completely affected how I approach dating and sex and the fact that I can't really talk to people irl about it has made me feel very lonely. I've found that a lot of the women who have this problem are married and …

Comments: 3

Anyone have pain with urination?

Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:35 pm by mertzwl

Hi everyone - I can't believe I've been dealing with this for almost 10 years and an appointment scheduler at a urogyn office is the one to suggest I look into vulvodynia. Honestly, I don't care, I just thankful I might have an answer.

I have pain in one specific spot right around the urethral opening so it always coincides with urinating (it's not a uti). Does anyone else deal with pain …

Comments: 6

Diagnosed recently, looking for advice

Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:51 am by Cloudberry

Hi everyone,

I'm so glad I found this forum! I was diagnosed with vulvodynia/vulvar vestibulitis (still not sure about the difference between all the different terms) a couple of months ago and I could do with some advice. This is probably going to be a lot of text because I just want to get everything off my chest, so please bear with me.

I’m a woman in my late 20s. Before getting diagnosed …

Comments: 4

From a concerned husband

Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:45 pm by ConcernedYorkieHubby

Hello everyone,

This is probably a little unconventional, but I’m a man who is here because his wife has been diagnosed with vulvodynia. The poor girl has been suffering with vulva pain for around 10 years now, and I’ve been by her side through the pain and tears and doctors misunderstandings the whole way, and we’re both exhausted and terrified by the whole experience.

I’m sure a lot …

Comments: 4

6 year sufferer but I’ve found some hope

Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:33 am by Npage14

Hey, ladies! I’m new to this support group, I’ve thought about doing something like this for a while so I wanted to try this out! I’ve had vulvodynia for 6 years now, I am self diagnosed. I’m 20 now and the pain started when I had my first encounter with sexual contact when I was 14(I still remained a virgin though it was fingering). For a couple years the pain was so bad I could hardly …

Comments: 0

Hurting, Burning, Itching, and Worn Out

Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:55 pm by donnambr

This vulvodynia that I'm currently suffering with is so cruel. I hurt, I burn, I itch. When I first got this several years ago, before the internet, I though I was the only one with this awful disorder. Doctors couldn't figure it out. I felt so alone and devastated. Somehow it disappeared for a few years and now I'm suffering again. This dreaded V misery is back and I feel like I will be with …

Comments: 5

Vulvodynia and living on NO-SPA Forte

Go down

Post  maria1985 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:26 am

Hello everyone,
My name is Maria and I'm 27 yrs
old. For about 18 months now I have been suffered with this major discomfort down below for which the doctors did not yet find a cause. Nothing comes up on the urine tests they have perform, even though, it all started after a bad UTI session for which i have been treated with 3 diferent antibiotics which unfortunatelly did not cure me 100% and also gave me THRUSH.

I have been going back to my GP and for my dissapointment I have been adviced to "DRINK MORE WATER" and so I did (needless to mention im a romanian national living in UK for around the same period of time this horrible condition started). I have been gulping on litres of water and over the counter cystitis remedies leading me basically nowhere. Everytime i went back to the doctors they yet again went through urine test revealing nothing and so again the old story i needed to drink more water. They went throught blood tests (i have been unlucky to encounter a nurse who couldnt take blood so she made me jump and run and stung me with the needle unsuccesfully 6 times, being then sent home to of course what else but drinking more water as i obviously been dehidrated and thats the reason she couldnt substract blood.) Blood test came back and revealed no abnormality however, the discomfort was still there. Kidney scans been ordered and again nothing been found (needless to say they forgot to refer me and so i have been waiting 12 weeks for my scans.)

Meanwhile, engaged and not being able to get intimate with my fiancee, not being able to find a job as i did not yet have a work permit, my world started to colapse. There have been nights i had to spend in the hot tub for anything else wouldnt not calm the spasms and shots of pains i experienced and what made it works i couldnt put my finger on where they were coming from. I had a slight burning sensation when urination however was raw senation when trying intercourse. After using tampons for more than 10 years i had to go back to pads, which i hate.

Long story short (even though its too late) I have gone back to Romania to visit my parents and so i have seen this advert at TV for the NO-SPA tablets for spasms of the smooth muscles and urinary tract conditions and so I decided to try it. I paid around 4 US dollars on 20 tablets of NO-SPA FORTE 80 mg and I have to say that is god's gift to women suffering with any urinary of vaginal discomfort and its safe. They give it to pregnat women to calm the spasms and avoid miscarriage and also for gastritis. How it works? It totally numbs everything down below and life is back to normal. I have been taking it for about 1 year now and I can pretend my life is normal.

Now i decided to go back to doctors to investigate more and my new GP mention for the first time vulvodynia. As far as i was concerned i self diagnosed myself with interstitial cystitis and so I was getting information from the interstitial cystitis forum. The truth is both conditions have similarities. My GP said "Dont worry there are treatments nowadays, they do botox shots in the vulva and completely relieve the discomfort". She refered me to a gyno-urologist. I have hope now even thought NO-SPA ofered me a normal life.

If you have the chance try it.

I apologize for taking so much of your time,
Maria

maria1985

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vulvodynia and living on NO-SPA Forte

Post  Kate1981 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:53 am

Hi Maria

Where can i get these tablets from? I am in the UK. I am willing to try anything. I like you have burning when urinating but its the vulva skin which burns not my urethra. Please keep updated with your progress x

Kate1981

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hi Kate

Post  maria1985 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:09 pm

When i ran out of my tabs i found on ebay
Its polish made but works just as good. I usually chew on them for a rapid effect. They taste horribly bitter but 30 minutes later i have no discomfort whatsoever.

Goodluck

maria1985

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate1981 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:34 pm

Thanks Maria I will have a look now on ebay for them x

Kate1981

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Meetings

Post  maria1985 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:45 pm

Hi,
Im back with a question. Do women on this forum ever gather together on meetings or such? It be nice to be able to discuss face to face about this condition.

thanks

maria1985

View user profile

Back to top Go down

if this helps buying no-spa

Post  maria1985 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:49 pm

rxpharmacy.md/pain-relief/brand-no-spa.html

maria1985

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate1981 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:54 pm

Hi Maria

I think there are some support groups but I dont know where. Im near to Mancheter where are you?

Kate1981

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hi Kate

Post  maria1985 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:56 pm

Im in Leeds. You're not that far away. If you ever come down to Leeds I could spare some No-spa so u can try Razz

maria1985

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate1981 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:15 pm

Hi Maria

Yeah I would definetly like to meet up with you. Im about 40 mins south of Manchester. What is your email? We can try and arrange something x

Kate1981

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  maria1985 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:18 pm

hi kate
Could you give me your email or messenger id as i dont want my familly to find out i have been silently suffered of this. they are already panicking im so far away from them.

maria1985

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  maria1985 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:32 pm

let me know if you get my private message Kate

maria1985

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate1981 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:47 pm

My email is in my profile. If you can email me