I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Anyone been to see Dr.Claire Bailey in Birmingham?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:36 pm by Kezz

» Recently Diagnosed.... Help!
Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:57 pm by amyhp

» Vestibulectomy
Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:54 am by infinitelywondering

» Discomfort from my own liquids
Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:27 am by Hopeitworks

» Anyone else have burning on the front of thighs?
Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:20 am by Hopeitworks

» Partial Vestibulectomy
Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:38 am by infinitelywondering

» Anyone being treated by Drexel University???
Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:50 pm by Hopeitworks

» Post Vestibulectomy Pain !!!
Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:00 pm by sj17

» Pain management - what works for me
Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:58 am by sj17

Partial Vestibulectomy

Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:44 pm by JGD13

Hi all i am new here.
I had a partial vestibulectomy 21/7 for my provoked vulvodynia.
After a painful few days and feeling quite uncomfortable it seemed to get better. 1 week after i noticed some white stuff and gloopy discharge, it wasnt smelly or itchy but i got a check up at the gp surgery and the doctor said the stitches looked fine and i could just have a touch of thrush. He said this is …

Comments: 4

New w/ Secondary Provoked Vestibuldynia

Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:46 pm by Birdy

Hi everyone,

I'm here because I'm pretty sure I have secondary provoked vestibuldynia, even though my gyno is still "optimistic" it is not.  My problem started six months ago when I got my second UTI in as many months (after going 25 years of life without one) and then ended up with a bad yeast infection (also my first one ever) thanks to the antibiotics.  Ever since the yeast …

Comments: 3

Anyone from the PNW?

Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:54 am by jungleclover

I'm located near Portland and I would be really cool to actually meet someone with this issue. I think my roommate in college technically had this problem. She had an overgrown hymen removed and can't deal with penetration as a result. But she is gay so it seems like it hasn't been a huge problem for her (although we didn't talk about it much so there was possibly more to it than she let on). …

Comments: 0

Constant pain, I want to die.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:29 am by Meggiemay

I posted on here a few years ago but my symptoms went away with the inflammation. I didn't get so lucky this time.

For over three months, i've had terrible rawness, burning, soreness in the urethral/vestibule area and pressure/hypersensitivity in the clitoral area. I've also had some lower abdominal pressure and burning on my butt. I can barely walk! My gyno hasn't been much help. I'm on …

Comments: 22

Newbie to the site

Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:16 am by Ksa

Hello. Thank you for this wonderful site. I'm currently under the care of a dr in Phoenix that specializes in vaginal disorders. I will probably be on a suppository of estridol the rest of my life and I am currently on medications for a rare form of vaginitis that's pretty unheard of for my age. My vagina literally hates me. I've struggled with vulvadynia for 20 years, the duration of my …

Comments: 1

New to the site and just had a vestibulectomy

Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:19 am by Hopeitworks

Hello Everyone,

I have been suffering from vulvodynia for years! So I decided to go ahead and have vestibulectomy on July 28, 2017. I really wished I would of found this site before I went through with the surgery. Maybe I would have been more prepared to deal with recovering. I just need someone to talk and I dont mind hearing your story.

Comments: 2

Post Vestibulectomy

Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:15 pm by infinitelywondering

Heya,

I had my vestibulectomy (full) about a day and a half ago. I was very sick and poorly just after the op and experienced intense pain down there Sad

However, today I came home and have done the following things:

-washed with warm water
-applied manuka honey to the area
-ensured I wash at least 3 times a day and dab the area dry gently
-use frozen peas to stop the swelling

As of now I am …

can anyone recommend a good dermatologist in LA?

Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:17 pm by saffron

Hi, I am wondering if anyone knows a vulvar dermatologist in Los Angeles? My problems seem to be external, but I'm having trouble finding a knowledgable doctor. My current dermatologist is pretty cosmetic based and I'm afraid all the products he prescribed actually made my situation so much worse!

I know there a few drs in Orange County/San Diego, but was hoping to stay local as even …

Comments: 3

Vulvodynia and IVF? Anyone done this? What does it do to the vulvadynia?

Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:03 am by Carolyn4

Hi everyone,

I have had vulvodynia since age 27--I am now 43 and it has been in pretty good remission.  I control it with acupuncture and herbs, and some cranial sacral therapy.  I have a 5 year old, had a pretty uneventful pregnancy which ended in a c-section.  My VV worsened after that, and I have worked hard to get it back under control (it took over a year to get it back into pretty good …

vestibulectomy

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: vestibulectomy

Post  Alana3 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:48 pm

last minute pep talk please!

Alana3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jen007 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:43 am

Aw thanks Alana! I really enjoy talking to you here.

Ok pep talk....You're going to do GREAT! I swear! You're going to walk in there, they'll put you in a gown and then you go to sleep. The anesthesia is awesome btw, best sleep of your life. It'll feel like you blinked and it'll be over.

I'm sorry I'm responding so late! I hope you see this before you go into surgery! I know you'll be fine! Try not to worry so much if you can. I don't know how I managed to not pass out before I went in...I'm always a panicky mess, haha. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow! If you can/ feel up to it tomorrow let me know how it went! I'll be anxious to check the forum!

Good Luck!!!!! Very Happy

jen007

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alana3 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:31 am

I saw it thank you so much Smile I'll let you know!

Alana3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alana3 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:26 pm

Home!

Alana3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alana3 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:17 pm

Did you pee a lot after surgery

Alana3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alana3 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:08 pm

Did you pee a lot after surgery

Alana3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jen007 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:33 pm

How did it go ?? How are you feeling ?? And yes I did pee a lot after. I made the stupid decision to not go before surgery... Big mistake haha. I peed like 100 times haha.

jen007

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alana3 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:59 pm

He thinks he got all of it. I threw up after but it's more muscle pain and one stitch is mimicking vv which im not gonna lie id really annoying. Yeah I thought I had a uti because of how much im peeing but I guess it's normal. Originally it looked like I got shot but the blood is going away. Im able to sit pee and eat and walk by myself to ths potty so I guess im ok. It feels more like muscle pain than anything tho

Alana3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jen007 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:30 am

See it wasn't so bad Smile. I'm glad you're able to walk and sit and mostly feel comfortable. The stitches are so annoying but it'll get better. The more you soak them the fast they'll dissolve. They'll start to get itchy in a few weeks, which sucks. Your I've pack will be your best friend haha.

jen007

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alana3 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:12 am

He doesn't want me soak for a bit. Probably not til my two week he just called me lol

Alana3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jen007 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:32 am

Oh great! It's good that he keeps in contact with you.

jen007

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alana3 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:28 am

Yeah it is. I ended Yup being allergic to drug but realized after I spoke with him thankfully dads a doc so he wrote me new. Then I thought I pulled a stitch out but I guess I didn't. Good news is the bleeding is already spotting but now instead of vulvodynia pain I have surgical pain n how long til it goes away? I'm scared to poop too Lol (I'm on softener but I threw up and it hurt so bad because of those muscles)

Alana3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alana3 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:34 pm

Im afraid to poo

Alana3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loulou on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:00 pm

Alana - if you can bear it drink lots of prune juice. That should help keep things running smoothly if you see what i mean!

Loulou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alana3 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:28 pm

Lol I def see what you mean! Im taking stool softeners but im still afraid lol did you get one too? Omg the painkillers are making me so loopy haha

Alana3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loulou on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:40 pm

No Alana i haven't had surgery (my vvd is more generalised so it wouldn't work for me) but i got very bunged up in the early days of my vvd when i was taking loads of painkillers.

Good luck with your recovery. Feeling loopy sounds fun?!

Loulou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alana3 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:57 pm

Loopy is terrible I can't do anything but lay in bed. But for now that's all I need I guess. Yeah im more afraid that it's gonna hurt I could go now but im scared to

Alana3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loulou on Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:11 pm

Aw sorry hun - in that case loopy is NOT good. But laying in bed, although frustrating, probably is what your body needs right now. As for 'going' - might be better to go before it builds up even more? (the things we talk about here lol!)

Loulou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jen007 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:46 pm

Alana,

You should be good to go. Prune juice is so gross but I drank it after my surgery to help. I also ate prunes and took a fiber supplement. Don't be scared! It'll be just fine. Just try not to push too hard, haha. I hated those pills they made me so stupid. I only took them before bed for the first 2 days. That pain you're feeling should go away with in 2 to 3 weeks. It really depends on what toe of healer you are. Like I healed petty quickly. If you want to feel less loopy you could take naproxen or Advil. It's strong enough to help the pain if its just that muscle ache feeling.

jen007

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alana3 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:12 pm

Yeah I switched to Advil I think im gonna poo soon but im still scared. 2 to 3 weeks what the?! And I've been walking a bit it gets easier but damn this is uncomfortable lol

Alana3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jen007 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:50 pm

Like I said it just depends on what type of healer you are. It could be less than that. And good, you should go poo haha!

jen007

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alana3 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:03 am

I still can't poo lmao ugh! I stopped taking pain killers tho

Alana3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jen007 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:34 am

Aw Neutral , you will don't worry. The pain pills can constipate you.

jen007

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alana3 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:38 am

Did u have pain that felt like vulvodynia pain at all Im flipping out because it started feeling like that again

Alana3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jen007 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:32 am

Not really, but everyones healing experiences are different. I've read from other women that they had vuvlodynia like pain after surgery, but it went away. I'd say it's perfectly normal to still feel some of the pain. Don't stress about every pain. It's most likely going to go away within the next few weeks.

jen007

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum