I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Vestibulectomy
Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:39 pm by Hopeitworks

» Anyone been to see Dr.Claire Bailey in Birmingham?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:36 pm by Kezz

» Recently Diagnosed.... Help!
Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:57 pm by amyhp

» Discomfort from my own liquids
Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:27 am by Hopeitworks

» Anyone else have burning on the front of thighs?
Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:20 am by Hopeitworks

» Partial Vestibulectomy
Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:38 am by infinitelywondering

» Anyone being treated by Drexel University???
Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:50 pm by Hopeitworks

» Post Vestibulectomy Pain !!!
Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:00 pm by sj17

» Pain management - what works for me
Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:58 am by sj17

Partial Vestibulectomy

Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:44 pm by JGD13

Hi all i am new here.
I had a partial vestibulectomy 21/7 for my provoked vulvodynia.
After a painful few days and feeling quite uncomfortable it seemed to get better. 1 week after i noticed some white stuff and gloopy discharge, it wasnt smelly or itchy but i got a check up at the gp surgery and the doctor said the stitches looked fine and i could just have a touch of thrush. He said this is …

Comments: 4

New w/ Secondary Provoked Vestibuldynia

Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:46 pm by Birdy

Hi everyone,

I'm here because I'm pretty sure I have secondary provoked vestibuldynia, even though my gyno is still "optimistic" it is not.  My problem started six months ago when I got my second UTI in as many months (after going 25 years of life without one) and then ended up with a bad yeast infection (also my first one ever) thanks to the antibiotics.  Ever since the yeast …

Comments: 3

Anyone from the PNW?

Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:54 am by jungleclover

I'm located near Portland and I would be really cool to actually meet someone with this issue. I think my roommate in college technically had this problem. She had an overgrown hymen removed and can't deal with penetration as a result. But she is gay so it seems like it hasn't been a huge problem for her (although we didn't talk about it much so there was possibly more to it than she let on). …

Comments: 0

Constant pain, I want to die.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:29 am by Meggiemay

I posted on here a few years ago but my symptoms went away with the inflammation. I didn't get so lucky this time.

For over three months, i've had terrible rawness, burning, soreness in the urethral/vestibule area and pressure/hypersensitivity in the clitoral area. I've also had some lower abdominal pressure and burning on my butt. I can barely walk! My gyno hasn't been much help. I'm on …

Comments: 22

Newbie to the site

Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:16 am by Ksa

Hello. Thank you for this wonderful site. I'm currently under the care of a dr in Phoenix that specializes in vaginal disorders. I will probably be on a suppository of estridol the rest of my life and I am currently on medications for a rare form of vaginitis that's pretty unheard of for my age. My vagina literally hates me. I've struggled with vulvadynia for 20 years, the duration of my …

Comments: 1

New to the site and just had a vestibulectomy

Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:19 am by Hopeitworks

Hello Everyone,

I have been suffering from vulvodynia for years! So I decided to go ahead and have vestibulectomy on July 28, 2017. I really wished I would of found this site before I went through with the surgery. Maybe I would have been more prepared to deal with recovering. I just need someone to talk and I dont mind hearing your story.

Comments: 2

Post Vestibulectomy

Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:15 pm by infinitelywondering

Heya,

I had my vestibulectomy (full) about a day and a half ago. I was very sick and poorly just after the op and experienced intense pain down there Sad

However, today I came home and have done the following things:

-washed with warm water
-applied manuka honey to the area
-ensured I wash at least 3 times a day and dab the area dry gently
-use frozen peas to stop the swelling

As of now I am …

can anyone recommend a good dermatologist in LA?

Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:17 pm by saffron

Hi, I am wondering if anyone knows a vulvar dermatologist in Los Angeles? My problems seem to be external, but I'm having trouble finding a knowledgable doctor. My current dermatologist is pretty cosmetic based and I'm afraid all the products he prescribed actually made my situation so much worse!

I know there a few drs in Orange County/San Diego, but was hoping to stay local as even …

Comments: 3

Vulvodynia and IVF? Anyone done this? What does it do to the vulvadynia?

Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:03 am by Carolyn4

Hi everyone,

I have had vulvodynia since age 27--I am now 43 and it has been in pretty good remission.  I control it with acupuncture and herbs, and some cranial sacral therapy.  I have a 5 year old, had a pretty uneventful pregnancy which ended in a c-section.  My VV worsened after that, and I have worked hard to get it back under control (it took over a year to get it back into pretty good …

Pain Relief for Vulvodynia

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post  jenniferjackson on Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:54 pm

I 'm new to this board but I'm so excited to tell you about this.

I've been suffering with vulvodynia for almost 10 years now. I've tried everything. A friend of mine told me about a product that her husband uses for premature ejaculation. It's called Promescent. It's a topical anesthetic spray that slightly numbs the penis so that a man can last longer.

I called the company and they told me that they're working with a few OB-GYNs and have been getting really good results with vulvodynia. They're planning to do a clinical trial.

So I tried it Wow. Amazing results. Dramatic reduction in pain and discomfort. I just spray some on my fingers and rub it on the vulva area.

It's FDA approved so no concerns. And it's available ove-the-counter.

jenniferjackson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pain Relief for Vulvodynia

Post  kukubadi1987 on Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:26 pm

hello,
I just saw your message and it really sounds very interesting and it also sounds logic.
at least if a man uses it in his penis it means that you can use it in genitalia without problem..i suppose that the worse thing to happen to us is not working...I leave in uk, how can I find it? only online??
if you have some more details to say about how you feel that would be great to share with us!
I think we could try it and have an opinion about that...
have a lovely weekend!
kate

kukubadi1987

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jenniferjackson on Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:27 pm

You can order on-line. I can't post a link being a new member. "www dot promescent dot com" or just to a search for 'promescent' and look for the search results for "premature ejaculation treatment"

I don't know if they'll ship to the UK but I vaguely I recall choosing a country in the shipping information.

I hope you have as good of and experience as I have. Please let us know.

Now I need to convince my husband to try it Wink

jenniferjackson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kukubadi1987 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:02 pm

of course he will! it is for both pleasure!
I am very happy for you, even that I don't know you. for me any woman in this planet has to deal with this problem is like a close person...
I hope your body keeps on accepting in. with vulvodynia what I have realised is that it could help anything depending to the bodies. do you know what I have realised that helps me??? Vibrators!! it's like the vibrators make massage to the region and make it relax.....how strange?? but real....

wish you the best,
if I order it and try it I will defenately let you know!

hug,
kate

kukubadi1987

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jenniferjackson on Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:27 pm

I also feel a connection to the women on this board (and other) boards. Good to know you're not alone. Difficult subject to discuss at a dinner party.

Everyone is different so I don't know if Promescent will work for you but apparently the OB-GYN who is leading the effort says that several of his patients say that it is "life changing".

re: the vibrator idea, I've been afraid to try it but I will. What a great way to alleviate symptoms !!

jenniferjackson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kukubadi1987 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:48 pm

hahah as long as it does not make things worst why not???? we are girls, we have needs.....
and anyway the women like me that we do not have a boyfriend we have to find a way to see for differences with our v.pain.
do you know what pisses me off most of the times??that with this situation I have my vagina in my mind most of the time during the day!!enough!!!I never thought I was going to have such a close relationship with "my little girl"!! ;-)

kukubadi1987

View user profile

Back to top Go down

regaining my sexual confidence

Post  jenniferjackson on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:12 pm

I can't say that the vibrator helps, but it certainly didn't HURT !!

I'm starting to move beyong thinking about my vagina all the time w.r.t. to pain. I'm starting to think about my vagina as a source of pleasure !! I'm starting to regain my sexual confidence. Vibrator helps with that !! Thanks for the idea.

jenniferjackson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kukubadi1987 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:37 pm

i'm very happy for that!!i hope it keeps on helping!
i have to try promescent, i still haven't ordered it but i am really curious to see if it will work...
do you keep on using it?is it permitted to use it in everyday basis?
thanks for your message,
kate

kukubadi1987

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Promescent

Post  jenniferjackson on Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:22 pm

It's not a preventative so it's not a daily use kind of thing. But I use it to relieve pain when that occurs ... and so I do use it often. Do you understand the distinction?

jenniferjackson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kukubadi1987 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:31 pm

yes definitely!
thank you so much for the advice, it's so imprtant for me!

have a lovely day,
kate

kukubadi1987

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Promescent

Post  jenniferjackson on Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:03 am

Let me know if you try Promescent. From what I understand from my OB-GYN, there's just a few handful of us who have used it but every single user is really enthused by the results.

My girls are visiting for Thanksgiving .. gotta run.

jenniferjackson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate1981 on Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:56 pm

The best pain relief when you are having a really bad flare up and in excrutiating pain is dihydrocoedine! Within 15 minutes of taking one the pain is gone. Need to get them on prescription.

Kate1981

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top