Log in

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Can you guys tell me your experiences with diflucan/Fluconazole?
Yesterday at 1:29 am by ryn207

» So frustrating!!
Yesterday at 1:25 am by ryn207

» Looking for suggestions or encouragement
Yesterday at 1:19 am by ryn207

» Looking for a friend..... and new problems
Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:00 pm by VVSSufferer

» Vestibulectomy recovery question!
Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:37 pm by Kezz

» Prescription creams that work!
Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:46 am by Mintaherb

» Struggling
Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:29 am by Mintaherb

» Went Away and Came Back
Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:56 am by mary jane

» Amitriptyline given for vulvodyina pain
Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:39 am by ryn207

So frustrating!!

Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:15 am by Hannah77

Well I'm back in pain after 7 years of pain free days.
I was diagnosed with vulvodynia when I was 17. I suffered for three years with horrible burning all day, painful sex with my boyfriend and just pure misery Sad I went into a spontaneous remission when I was 20. I'm still not sure how the pain stopped but all the sudden I could go an entire day without thinking of my vagina, sex started to …

Comments: 3

Looking for suggestions or encouragement

Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:10 am by ryn207

Hi there. I'm 25 and have been dealing with this for over a year and a half and I'm really starting to lose hope this will ever stop.

In July of 2016 I had a yeast infection. When Monistat didn't work I went to my gynecologist who prescribed Diflucan. When the itching didn't stop she retested me and found that my yeast infection was gone, but I now had a bacterial infection. After taking the …

Comments: 4

Looking for a friend..... and new problems

Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:38 pm by infinitelywondering

Hi everyone,

I hope you're doing well.

I hate to say this, but I feel beaten down and terribly alone. I had a vestibulectomy surgery about 6 months ago and I was absolutely praying it would work. It didn't.

6 months later and here I am, sitting on my bedroom floor crying my eyes out because I know I'll never be able to have painfree sex. I don't know what to do and just need a friend Sad

Comments: 5

Amitriptyline given for vulvodyina pain

Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:46 pm by katycrawford

Hi there,

After years of being misdiagnosed etc as most women have on this forum I have finally been diagnosed with vulvodynia (yay) and have been given the lowest dose of an antidepressant called Amitriptyline. Has anyone been on this before and has any positive (or negative) news to give me? Im feeling down already and I've only been taking it for a few days, I don't have much hope of it …

Comments: 11

7 years later and life looks bleak :(

Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:50 am by RainyShay77

So 7 years ago I had a case of BV...the antibiotic caused a horrible yeast infection which took 5 months to 'get rid of'. During this time I had allergic reactions to 2 of the yeast infection creams which magnified the pain. Over the past 7 years I've tried multiple rounds of physical therapy (they only slightly helped), chiropractic, nerve blocks, medications to target nerve pain (amitriptyline, …

Comments: 7

Newly diagnosed - and prescribed amitriptyline cream/physio/psychology

Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:38 am by sophiarp

Hi everyone,

I'm so happy to have stumbled across this forum. I have just been diagnosed and am really struggling emotionally. It's nice to find this forum and feel a little less alone.

I've been prescribed amitriptyline cream. Has anyone had success with this? I was happy to have avoided the amitriptyline tablets. I'm also participating in physio and have been told I need to see a psychologist …

Comments: 2

Somebody please help me...

Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:05 am by Andlag

Hey everyone,

since I started being sexually active i often experienced burning in my vagina which was often worse during sex /around the time of my period or when using lubricants. I was never able to use tampons because the one time i tried putting them in it felt like acid was poured on my skin. Fast forward to 2 months ago when I got a UTI and an allergic reaction in my vagina. I thought it …

Comments: 11

Amtriptyline, baclofen, gabapentin cream for provoked vestibuldynia

Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:15 pm by WVR00

Has anyone had success with this cream in helping their vulvodynia? How long has it taken to help? I’ve had some success with it, but not completely better. I’ve been on it for a month. I️ was hoping to hear from some ladies who have had major success with this cream. I’m hoping for some encouragement here. This condition is so frustrating. I’m lucky enough to have access to two …

Comments: 1

New diagnosis, any advice whilst I wait for a specialist

Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:47 pm by Julesyjules


I'm new here and wanted to ask for some advice whilst I wait to see a specialist nurse.

After urinary problems which lasted 7 weeks, I finally saw a urologist, who on examination discovered significant inflammation and called in a gynaecologist, who diagnosed vestibulitis. They referred me to a nurse who specialises in vulvar skin issues. That was 5 weeks ago, and I'm still waiting for the …

Comments: 1

Lifelong sufferer and new member -- need advice/support

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lifelong sufferer and new member -- need advice/support

Post  huigensa on Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:35 am

Hello everybody,
I've never written in a forum like this before, so I'm not quite sure how this goes. I guess I'll start with my background so that I can reach out to anyone who's like me and has found relief.
I have localized pain that only happens when it's provoked by some kind of penetration, whether it be a finger, penis or a tampon. My clitoris only feels pain when it's touched directly, as long as just the hood is stroked I'm fine. Semen also leaves me with a severe stinging sensation, but I've heard that this is relatively normal. My vagina has been this way for as long as I can remember. I started having sex with men when I was fifteen and continued to do so for about three years until I admitted the pain to myself and to my female partner at the time. I thought that I was normal and that that was the reason why women screamed in porn/movies. I thought I was feeling the intensity in a normal way because I never talked about it.
Since then, I've been very honest with my sexual partners who have, thankfully, been very understanding and patient. I wish I could find the right word to describe the emotional and mental pain that go along with this condition. Penetration always hurts at the beginning, but sometimes it can almost completely go away if I'm wet enough and I have orgasms regularly, but the mental stress is always there no matter what. I long to be close to my partners, but sex just makes me sick to my stomach at this point. I feel very anxious, depressed, frustrated and scared after (and sometimes during) intercourse, whether it be with a man or a woman. I cry after sex regularly, and have had to throw up on multiple occasions. I feel totally isolated and lonely even when I'm with someone who is very loving and supportive. Everyone on this forum seems really upbeat and humorous, so I'm sorry for being such a drag, but I just don't know what to do anymore.
I've tried talking to a counselor at school (I'm a college student in Wisconsin) but it didn't do much good. After three sessions of me talking about this chronic problem, he suggested that I "might just be too small." My gynecologist gave me lidocaine, but it just stung terribly and numbed me to a pointless extent. I was just wondering if therapy has worked for anyone who feels the same as me, and if there is such a thing as vulvadynia specialists. Or if someone knows any holistic remedies that work to lessen pain. I don't really like the idea of numbing medication, but I'm probably just being too picky.
Thanks for reading this, I would really appreciate any feedback.


Posts : 7
Join date : 2012-12-23
Location : WI, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lifelong sufferer and new member -- need advice/support

Post  cba321 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:34 am

Hi huigensa

I know exactly how you feel, gone through a similar thing. If you haven't seen a physiotherapist I would really recommend doing that. Only go to a physio who specialises in pelvic floor disorders, pain disorders if possible - google search for one in your area. I have also tried Chiro which has helped a small amount with nerve sensitivity as I don't want to take pain/nerve tablets for that.

Take care xoxox


Posts : 69
Join date : 2012-07-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum