Log in

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» What's next?
Yesterday at 4:01 pm by jennyk2

» Pain management - what works for me
Yesterday at 3:41 pm by Jo44

» Share your Vulvodynia Story and become a member of the Global Anthology!
Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:44 pm by smyerskelley

» If it helps anyone else
Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:36 pm by VH7797

» Cured, cyst in foot
Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:06 pm by Guest

» HELP!! Topical cream?
Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:44 pm by emalita

» The pain CAN get better - What's worked for me
Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:32 pm by emalita

» Custom made leggings?
Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:52 am by CatJones

» Please tell me this can get better
Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:31 am by amf329

I'M NEW - Do I listen to my gyno who I feel has it wrong?

Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:17 pm by Tunes25


I am a 25 year old woman and wanted to share my story here as I feel frustrated by the suggestions of my gyno and am hoping for some advice.

To give the context for this: in September 2016 I moved in with my long term boyfriend after living abroad a year and (nearly) abstaining from sex. Within a few weeks I had got a yeast infection which I treated myself successfully, but then 2 weeks …

Comments: 4

I cured myself 100% of vulvodynia twenty years ago--I hope this helps someone

Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:33 pm by totallycured


Every so often I'm reminded of the constant, persistent, horrible pain I was in two decades ago, and I reach out to try to help others who are suffering. If someone had offered me a solution during that terrible time, I'd have jumped at it. I hope this helps someone.

Yes, I did have terrible vulvodynia. It felt like someone poured acid all over my vulva. My doctor confirmed it and was …

Comments: 3

Hi Im from Australia :)

Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:08 am by emma

Hi girls... I live in Australia.
I am currently undergoing a new treatment for vulvodynia. Just wondering if anyone else here has tried it. It's Endep in the form of cream to apply directly on the area. I dont know if anyone else has tried this but so far evidently it has had a 50% success rate.
Anyway i feel at a loss. This new treatment is exciting but at the same time i just dont feel like …

Comments: 35

Somebody please help me...

Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:05 am by Andlag

Hey everyone,

since I started being sexually active i often experienced burning in my vagina which was often worse during sex /around the time of my period or when using lubricants. I was never able to use tampons because the one time i tried putting them in it felt like acid was poured on my skin. Fast forward to 2 months ago when I got a UTI and an allergic reaction in my vagina. I thought it …

Comments: 14

Lidocaine with condoms?

Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:44 pm by AEM1

Hi everyone! My doctor just prescribed me a topical lidocaine to administer before sex, but I forgot to ask if it is okay to use with condoms. Has anyone else used this before and know it is safe to use with condoms? Thanks! Very Happy
Unrelated, but I just started Lyrica a few weeks ago...no changes yet, but I'm hopeful something will come out of it. 3 years with vulvodynia and unable to have sex …

Comments: 1

Constant pain, I want to die.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:29 am by Meggiemay

I posted on here a few years ago but my symptoms went away with the inflammation. I didn't get so lucky this time.

For over three months, i've had terrible rawness, burning, soreness in the urethral/vestibule area and pressure/hypersensitivity in the clitoral area. I've also had some lower abdominal pressure and burning on my butt. I can barely walk! My gyno hasn't been much help. I'm on …

Comments: 23

Recently Diagnosed which has motivated my research study

Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:54 pm by ebclose2free

Hi everyone,

My name is Eliza Barach and I was diagnosed with vulvodynia in October of 2017. I'm also PhD student at the State University of New York at Albany. I work several professors at SUNY, but one in particular, Dr. Mitch Earleywine researches marijuana and its possible efficacy as an alternative treatment. Our previous examined cannabis and symptoms of PMS/PMDD and found that women …

Comments: 0


Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:04 pm by infinitelywondering

Dear all,

Today has been the day I've been waiting for. The day something FINALLY makes sense.
I've been told countless times that I've got nerve damage or a muscular condition, yet none of the specific treatments have helped me. My GP suggested attacking this from a different angle so referred me to a dermatologist specialist

after having a vestibulectomy with no success, I decided to visit …

Comments: 3

New and desperate for advice

Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:37 pm by srbry

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and was told to find a support group because this is all getting a bit much really...

I lost my virginity when I was 18 and it hurt - that was normal. Loads of women had told me that it hurt so that was fine I didn't question that. I was with the same guy for a couple of months and each time after that it was uncomfortable and not great. I didn't tell him because I …

Comments: 3

Possible vulvodynia

Go down

Possible vulvodynia

Post  Mixiepie on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:40 pm

Hi all,

This is my first post and first time talking about this. I was in a sexless relationship for a long time and I'm now dating someone new. We tried to have intercourse and I'd all but forgotten how much it hurts. I couldn't do it and made him stop, which as you all know is just devastating! I've not been diagnosed but I've had this problem for a long time now. I was always too scared to go to the doctors but I don't want to have to live with this.

This forum looks lovely and it's nice to know I'm not alone.


Posts : 1
Join date : 2013-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down


Post  chilijackie@aol.com on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:49 pm

Hi. You must go to Doctor who deals with. Many Docs do not even know what it is. Also because it is so hard and time consuming for a Doctor to help, many do not want to. Honestly I saw at least 15 different docs before finding Doctor Trabin.
Ask your pharmisit if they know of any docs. That is how I finally found mine.
Where do you live


Posts : 7
Join date : 2013-02-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible vulvodynia

Post  jen007 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:26 am

Hi Mixiepie,

I'd strongly suggest finding a specialist asap. Not treating vulvodynia won't necessarily make it worse, but it's not good to leave untreated. There's a website that you can join that will give you the latest new on vulvodynia studies and a list of specialists near you. You have to pay a yearly fee that gets donated to the NVA to join. I only paid it for one year though just so I could get a list of doctors near me. I'll link it below if you'd like to check it out.


It really is a great resource. I completely understand how you feel. I've been with the same guy for over 5 years now. We met before I even knew I had vulvodynia. When we tried to have sex it was so painful we had to stop. This happened multiple times. I always thought I was just scared of feeling the pain from the first time, but it was more than that. Once you find the right specialist you will feel better. It might take a few tries to find the right doctor for you...it took me about 4 tries to find the right one.

Please keep us posted on your progress! Good luck!



Posts : 151
Join date : 2012-11-05
Age : 25
Location : U.S.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible vulvodynia

Post  Cyndie on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:09 pm

Hi Mixiepie,

I suggest you find a specialist asap as well. Having vulvodynia is really hard. I've had it for the past for about 4- 41/2 years. It may take a while to find someone, and a few different treatments trying to figure out what will help you. It's like being a guinie pig because vulvodynia is not something doctors have really looked into. So it can be a bit frustrating but here I am 4 1/2 years later still trying to find something. Hope you can find someone to help you soon and don't worrie! your not the only one out there!


Posts : 1
Join date : 2013-02-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible vulvodynia

Post  Kathy100 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:27 pm

Hi Mixiepie,

You're definitely not alone. I agree with the other ladies - best to see a Dr as soon as possible. It's difficult to find one who knows about this (I had to see 5 or 6 plus a couple of specialists) but once you do things will start to get better. You just have to keep going which, I know is really hard sometimes. They will need to try different treatments / combination of treatments to find the best one for you. I found a pelvic pain specialist who has experience of V in my area by looking on the internet & then asking my dr to refer me.

Good luck - let us know how you get on xx


Posts : 95
Join date : 2012-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible vulvodynia

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum