I forgot my password

Newly diagnosed

Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:37 pm by Brevispink

Hello everyone. I have recently been diagnosed with unprovoked vulvodynia and would really appreciate some advice and support. I have had a chronic urine infection for 16 months and was on antibiotics for 9 of those months. I have been very uncomfortable for the entire time, but now I have absolutely unbearable stinging and burning all day with itching too. The infection has just about gone, …

Comments: 6

Recent "Poke" Pain - So Confused/Losing My Mind

Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:26 am by kelseybeth23

Long Story, but I am losing my mind and getting really depressed, so if I tell the full story maybe someone can help me.

Back in August I started to get an itch down there. Normally, in the past, when this would happen, I would change the way I wore my clothes, take more baths instead of showers, and use Monistat. This time, after about two weeks of no relief, I started to get concerned. I was …

Comments: 5

Does anyone else experience this?

Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:21 pm by Angelmegs

Hi— im new here. Im incredibly desperate so if anyone has any suggestions i would greatly appreciate it. Im a 20 year old female with vulvodynia and vaginismus. I was on the birth control pill (junel fe lo estrin) from age 13-18 because of severe menstrual pain. I used the xulane patch for a few months when i was 18 but eventually stopped BC altogether because it interferes with my med for …

Comments: 0

Post Full Vestibulectomy - 5 Years Later - Please Read

Tue May 02, 2017 6:18 pm by jen007

Hi All,

It's been awhile since I've written a new topic on the forum. Wondering if any of the same ladies are still here. I've come back to update you all on my post vestibulectomy results. I can't remember if I've done an update on my current state, so forgive me if this is repeated information... I can't remember how to view my old posts! Anyway, let me get on with my update.

For 4 years post …

Comments: 4

Do you ever worry that you're making it up?

Fri May 27, 2016 6:50 am by Lucci

Hello,

I was diagnosed with Vaginismus and Vulvar Vestibulitis 10 years ago. I was 18 and scared and moving across the country for college, but luckily was able to find a doctor who specialized in 'Women's Health' who immediately put me into physical therapy. Long story short, I've been in and out of the system ever since.

A few years into treatment, I had the diagnosis of PTSD added on for …

Comments: 7

Clitoris Issues

Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:17 pm by January

I am going crazyyy trying to figure out what's wrong. Please does anyone else have an issue similar to mine? I'm only 22. So, basically when my clit is lightly rubbed, there is no feeling. However, when rubbed vigorously and directly, the burning and tingling sensations shoot down my legs and feet as if coming to the end of an orgasm but with no good feeling leading up. It's so strange. What …

Comments: 2

Cured of Vulvodynia

Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:39 am by angelique2016

I used to post on this forum a long time ago and told everyone of how I was cured of my vulvodynia by a (Melbourne Australia) female dermatologist, she put me on very low doses of Nortriptyline (Allergron) for pain management about 10mgs I believe it was, and she also had me use Advantan Fatty Ointment (not the cream) (although I saw the cream for sale on ebay from germany) so it might help, as …

Comments: 10

Vulvodynia and IVF? Anyone done this? What does it do to the vulvadynia?

Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:03 am by Carolyn4

Hi everyone,

I have had vulvodynia since age 27--I am now 43 and it has been in pretty good remission.  I control it with acupuncture and herbs, and some cranial sacral therapy.  I have a 5 year old, had a pretty uneventful pregnancy which ended in a c-section.  My VV worsened after that, and I have worked hard to get it back under control (it took over a year to get it back into pretty good …

Comments: 1

Partial Vestibulectomy

Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:44 pm by JGD13

Hi all i am new here.
I had a partial vestibulectomy 21/7 for my provoked vulvodynia.
After a painful few days and feeling quite uncomfortable it seemed to get better. 1 week after i noticed some white stuff and gloopy discharge, it wasnt smelly or itchy but i got a check up at the gp surgery and the doctor said the stitches looked fine and i could just have a touch of thrush. He said this is …

Comments: 6

Lidocaine With Cotton Ball

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lidocaine With Cotton Ball

Post  carby148 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:53 am

Hello everyone.

I was recently prescribed lidocaine for vulvydonia, but now that I finally have the prescription, I'm second guessing and wondering about its use.

Most of my pain is around my outer labia (labia majora) and has little to do with my actual vaginal opening. I do have an odd sensation where my urethra is as well.

My doctor told me to soak a cotton ball with the lidocaine and stick it in between the lips of my vagina and leave it in overnight (that seems excessive?).

What I don't understand is how will that help my labia majora, and is this something I will have to do every night for the rest of my life?

I will call my gyno first thing tomorrow, but I figured I would ask here as well to get personal experiences. Also because I know it probably won't be for a few days before she gets back to me.

carby148

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lidocaine With Cotton Ball

Post  jen007 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:01 pm

Hi carby148,

I've tried this method before accept my pain was around the entrance area and I put the cotton ball a little up there. Sadly it didn't work for me. The idea is to numb the area you put the gel on and by doing it every night it would absorb into your skin to keep it numb. It's something you need to try to see if it works or it's something else to check off the "didn't work" list. It's not that extreme, I think most of us here have tried this method. The lidocaine is only temporary. I had surgery last summer and am pretty much cured, but sometimes if I haven't been dilating I'll use the gel before having sex just to make sure I don't feel any pains.

Just a tip for when you use the gel, mix it with a little lubricant before applying it to your area. Alone the lidocaine can burn you until the numbness starts kicking in. When you mix it with lubricant it won't cause you any pain.

Good luck!

-Jen

jen007

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  carby148 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:54 pm

Thanks for the info! Should I also apply it to my outer labia? My doctor didn't say to, so I'm paranoid about doing so, haha.

Also, will this affect how my vagina works with sex? I know sex isn't too great for me anyway, but does it affect how I feel an orgasm or when it actually does feel good with penetration?
carby148

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alana3 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:41 pm

If you're having sex with lidocaine make sure you tell whoever your sleeping with to wear a condom, or his penis will go numb. Put it where it hurts and that's it. It shouldn't have an effect it just numbs the painful area and the rest feels the same. But remember this isn't a cure, it just makes you comfortable. When I used it after I still had pain because eventually it wears off. That stuff does numb you, but it burns like hell to put it on.

Alana3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jen007 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:27 pm

carby148,

I use it before sex and it hasn't changed any good feelings, but like I said be sure to mix it with some lubricant whether you're having sex or not, it'll prevent that burning Alana is referring to.

-Jen

jen007

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alana3 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:09 pm

Be careful with the lubricant since you're not just washing it off after playing, make sure it's water-based, some of them can cause yeast infections! As well all know, those are not enjoyable. Ask your doc what kind of lubricant he/she recommends mine says astroglide works, just be careful!!!! But def good advice, not discrediting, I just get a lot of yeast and I HATE the feeling!

Alana3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top