I forgot my password

Latest topics
New and need advice and help

Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:26 pm by Cin124

Hi everyone,

About three months ago, I started having vaginal and vulval itching. Then, about two months ago, my vulva started to feel painful and look swollen, so I went to the doctor. I was tested for herpes, chlamydia, and gonorrhea which all came back negative. I also had to do a vaginal swab test and the only thing that came back positive was yeast infection. I was prescribed hydrozole …

Comments: 3

I'm new to this forum and would love some advice! :)

Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:13 am by anikita

Hi lovely gals!

I'm honestly hoping to get any bit of advice anyone might have to offer. I go from bouts of sobbing hysterically in my boyfriend's arms to feeling confident that I can beat this.

I haven't been actually diagnosed with vulvodynia but EVERYTHING under the sun has come back negative. I started having sex 4 years ago after starting Lo Loestrin, with my first and current boyfriend …

Comments: 13

Hello. Happy to have found this group.

Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:01 pm by foxysugarpants

I am new here and hope to gain some insight into my vulva pain. I suffered for a long time not realizing that there are ways to feel better. I saw the Dr. yesterday and I am starting P/T pelvic and valium suppositories. queen

Comments: 0

Had this for 5 years, looking for people who understand

Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:46 pm by blackberrie

Hey all. I'm really struggling to find anyone in real life who can really understand what I'm going through. I've had vestibulodynia for 5 years now and I'm single. Obviously it has completely affected how I approach dating and sex and the fact that I can't really talk to people irl about it has made me feel very lonely. I've found that a lot of the women who have this problem are married and …

Comments: 3

Anyone have pain with urination?

Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:35 pm by mertzwl

Hi everyone - I can't believe I've been dealing with this for almost 10 years and an appointment scheduler at a urogyn office is the one to suggest I look into vulvodynia. Honestly, I don't care, I just thankful I might have an answer.

I have pain in one specific spot right around the urethral opening so it always coincides with urinating (it's not a uti). Does anyone else deal with pain …

Comments: 6

Diagnosed recently, looking for advice

Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:51 am by Cloudberry

Hi everyone,

I'm so glad I found this forum! I was diagnosed with vulvodynia/vulvar vestibulitis (still not sure about the difference between all the different terms) a couple of months ago and I could do with some advice. This is probably going to be a lot of text because I just want to get everything off my chest, so please bear with me.

I’m a woman in my late 20s. Before getting diagnosed …

Comments: 4

From a concerned husband

Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:45 pm by ConcernedYorkieHubby

Hello everyone,

This is probably a little unconventional, but I’m a man who is here because his wife has been diagnosed with vulvodynia. The poor girl has been suffering with vulva pain for around 10 years now, and I’ve been by her side through the pain and tears and doctors misunderstandings the whole way, and we’re both exhausted and terrified by the whole experience.

I’m sure a lot …

Comments: 4

6 year sufferer but I’ve found some hope

Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:33 am by Npage14

Hey, ladies! I’m new to this support group, I’ve thought about doing something like this for a while so I wanted to try this out! I’ve had vulvodynia for 6 years now, I am self diagnosed. I’m 20 now and the pain started when I had my first encounter with sexual contact when I was 14(I still remained a virgin though it was fingering). For a couple years the pain was so bad I could hardly …

Comments: 0

Hurting, Burning, Itching, and Worn Out

Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:55 pm by donnambr

This vulvodynia that I'm currently suffering with is so cruel. I hurt, I burn, I itch. When I first got this several years ago, before the internet, I though I was the only one with this awful disorder. Doctors couldn't figure it out. I felt so alone and devastated. Somehow it disappeared for a few years and now I'm suffering again. This dreaded V misery is back and I feel like I will be with …

Comments: 5

Sex Tips and Things

Go down

Sex Tips and Things

Post  ISairon on Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:07 am

Hi!
Um, I guess I'm going to start with some background about myself. I'm 19 and I was diagnosed about 2 months ago. About a month before then, my then-boyfriend broke up with me because of my vestibulodynia. Since then, during then, and even before then, I often get really shut down when I even kiss people, kind of disconnected from myself, running away from intimacy and things.
I guess a lot of that is unrelated angst that i'll probably make a separate post about....
Anyways, I was wondering if any of you guys have any good pointers on ways to be intimate with people without penetration - literature, things that have worked for you, whatever! I think it would be really useful for me, who feels painfully naive and insecure about sex , and a lot of us who are struggling to be able to be with other people here. I really think it would be useful so that i can be less afraid of sexual contact and more kind to myself if we can talk this through. Blowjobs and Handjobs get really boring for me... they seem to work okay for a while but eventually i just get bored with them and that's usually something my partners notice and just isn't healthy for me.
So, what are some good ways to regain sexual confidence? Do you guys have any activity suggestions? I would really appreciate the help - people tell me that there's plenty of ways to have sex without penetration but i really don't know what they are besides the obvious, kind of boring ones! ( That's also been used as an excuse to convince me that this isn't a tough thing to go through...yuck!)

ISairon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sex Tips and Things

Post  BpCookie on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:36 pm

Hello ISairon, Ok, I'm gonna be blunt, forgive me if I make you or anyone else blush. I blushed just writing this. lol. I can't always have sex, so I do things to or for my hubby that are also fun for me. Like you said, hand jobs and blow jobs can get boring. You can have him do it between your breasts. Just lube them up, hold them together and he can slip his penis between them and have sex that way. Or you can lube your butt cheeks, you lay on your stomach and he can do it between your cheeks. You can try ass sex also (I suggest using a BUNCH of lube). For some reason, guys really dig that. Also vibrating penis rings are good too. Those are all ideas to get the guy off, now for some ideas to get you off as well. If your clitoris isn't painful, then he can always get you off that way, using his finger, tongue or even a vibrator. A vibrator is a girls best friend. Smile

Being intimate with someone should be fun. Here are some things that I do. Besides negligee's I wear costumes. I have a cheerleaders costume and I do a little act in front of my hubby. I also have a Catholic school girl uniform. I pretend to be a horny 18 yr old virgin who escaped from the Catholic school. I stay in character the entire time. So, perhaps you could buy some costumes and surprise your partner. Nurses costumes are always popular with guys. When you wear a costume you don't have to be yourself, you can pretend to be someone else. Its a lot easier to have confidence when your pretending to be someone else. queen jocolor santa farao cat

I'm 48 yrs old and all my ideas may be boring and old. Laughing I hope that helps and I hope I didn't make a fool out of myself.

BpCookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah001 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:29 pm

You didn't make a fool out of yourself cookie, made me laugh a bit though!! Laughing I'm not going to offer any sex tips as I'm very single but I'm here to offer one piece of sensible advice, if you suspect your pelvic floor is tight ISairon don't try anal!! Shocked The pelvic floor obviously affects the anus too so if in doubt check it before you go down that route. And that's it!
Sarah001

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ISairon on Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:42 am

thanks, you guys. For some reason i feel like a lot of the sites i go to don't actually talk about this which is weird to me- or maybe that's only because my vulvodynia is really contact-oriented. Idk, if you have any other resources or ideas, let me know! I also still feel like some of these things don't seem as interactive as vaginal sex. Any other ideas of even places that i could go look for some help would be super useful! Thanks.

ISairon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alana3 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:09 pm

Different positions helped me with mine, all about experimentation! But that's with any relationship. If missionary doesn't work try doggy style, I found that with him kneeling and his penis pointing toward my belly button helped me and it felt amazingly good. But my VV was localized in one spot, but we worked on it til we found something work and now.. I'm single Sad haha

Alana3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Finch on Wed May 29, 2013 12:00 pm

I totally understand what you mean about feeling uneducated in the way of non-penetrative sex. I have found a few useful things here and there, one being sensual and erotic massage, which uses acupressure points to arouse all the senses and relax as well as arouse. It gives some different strokes to use and imaginative ways and places to touch as well, which I have found quite useful.

Here is the website: http://www.redbookmag.com/love-sex/advice/sexy-touch-man

Don't know how do do links, sorry.

Finch

Finch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down