I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Anyone been to see Dr.Claire Bailey in Birmingham?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:36 pm by Kezz

» Recently Diagnosed.... Help!
Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:57 pm by amyhp

» Vestibulectomy
Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:54 am by infinitelywondering

» Discomfort from my own liquids
Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:27 am by Hopeitworks

» Anyone else have burning on the front of thighs?
Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:20 am by Hopeitworks

» Partial Vestibulectomy
Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:38 am by infinitelywondering

» Anyone being treated by Drexel University???
Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:50 pm by Hopeitworks

» Post Vestibulectomy Pain !!!
Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:00 pm by sj17

» Pain management - what works for me
Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:58 am by sj17

Partial Vestibulectomy

Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:44 pm by JGD13

Hi all i am new here.
I had a partial vestibulectomy 21/7 for my provoked vulvodynia.
After a painful few days and feeling quite uncomfortable it seemed to get better. 1 week after i noticed some white stuff and gloopy discharge, it wasnt smelly or itchy but i got a check up at the gp surgery and the doctor said the stitches looked fine and i could just have a touch of thrush. He said this is …

Comments: 4

New w/ Secondary Provoked Vestibuldynia

Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:46 pm by Birdy

Hi everyone,

I'm here because I'm pretty sure I have secondary provoked vestibuldynia, even though my gyno is still "optimistic" it is not.  My problem started six months ago when I got my second UTI in as many months (after going 25 years of life without one) and then ended up with a bad yeast infection (also my first one ever) thanks to the antibiotics.  Ever since the yeast …

Comments: 3

Anyone from the PNW?

Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:54 am by jungleclover

I'm located near Portland and I would be really cool to actually meet someone with this issue. I think my roommate in college technically had this problem. She had an overgrown hymen removed and can't deal with penetration as a result. But she is gay so it seems like it hasn't been a huge problem for her (although we didn't talk about it much so there was possibly more to it than she let on). …

Comments: 0

Constant pain, I want to die.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:29 am by Meggiemay

I posted on here a few years ago but my symptoms went away with the inflammation. I didn't get so lucky this time.

For over three months, i've had terrible rawness, burning, soreness in the urethral/vestibule area and pressure/hypersensitivity in the clitoral area. I've also had some lower abdominal pressure and burning on my butt. I can barely walk! My gyno hasn't been much help. I'm on …

Comments: 22

Newbie to the site

Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:16 am by Ksa

Hello. Thank you for this wonderful site. I'm currently under the care of a dr in Phoenix that specializes in vaginal disorders. I will probably be on a suppository of estridol the rest of my life and I am currently on medications for a rare form of vaginitis that's pretty unheard of for my age. My vagina literally hates me. I've struggled with vulvadynia for 20 years, the duration of my …

Comments: 1

New to the site and just had a vestibulectomy

Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:19 am by Hopeitworks

Hello Everyone,

I have been suffering from vulvodynia for years! So I decided to go ahead and have vestibulectomy on July 28, 2017. I really wished I would of found this site before I went through with the surgery. Maybe I would have been more prepared to deal with recovering. I just need someone to talk and I dont mind hearing your story.

Comments: 2

Post Vestibulectomy

Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:15 pm by infinitelywondering

Heya,

I had my vestibulectomy (full) about a day and a half ago. I was very sick and poorly just after the op and experienced intense pain down there Sad

However, today I came home and have done the following things:

-washed with warm water
-applied manuka honey to the area
-ensured I wash at least 3 times a day and dab the area dry gently
-use frozen peas to stop the swelling

As of now I am …

can anyone recommend a good dermatologist in LA?

Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:17 pm by saffron

Hi, I am wondering if anyone knows a vulvar dermatologist in Los Angeles? My problems seem to be external, but I'm having trouble finding a knowledgable doctor. My current dermatologist is pretty cosmetic based and I'm afraid all the products he prescribed actually made my situation so much worse!

I know there a few drs in Orange County/San Diego, but was hoping to stay local as even …

Comments: 3

Vulvodynia and IVF? Anyone done this? What does it do to the vulvadynia?

Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:03 am by Carolyn4

Hi everyone,

I have had vulvodynia since age 27--I am now 43 and it has been in pretty good remission.  I control it with acupuncture and herbs, and some cranial sacral therapy.  I have a 5 year old, had a pretty uneventful pregnancy which ended in a c-section.  My VV worsened after that, and I have worked hard to get it back under control (it took over a year to get it back into pretty good …

severe pain after sex please help :'(

View previous topic View next topic Go down

severe pain after sex please help :'(

Post  KerryLouise17 on Wed May 01, 2013 12:13 am

Hello my name is Kerry
I have been diognosed with Volvadynia and I have had it for a year now, I would really appreciate it if there is anyone here who could help me and give me tips on how to stop the pain, the pain starts of on the outside and about 2 inches in the inside of my vagina when I have sex and as soon as we start that's when I get the pain it starts off with a shooting pain and then I get the most horrible burning pain I have ever experienced, it gets so bad that the pain actually makes me cry Sad When I get this burning pain I have the pain for up to 3 to 4 days and it don't go away it then really hurts to wipe myself when I go to the toilet and also when I am washing, I even get this burning pain when I use tampons. I don't know if this is to do with how it started but last year I started the conraceptive injection and as soon as I went onto that that is when I started getting the pain, I reall cannot cope anymore I am only 17 years of age and I don't think I should be getting this pain! I don't think anyone should get this pain! Its really hard to explain. Just how much it hurts to my boyfriend I think he understands but I know he will never understand the actually pain I am going through Sad if anyone can help me can you please inbox me.
Thankyou so much if anyone can help I'm in so much pain and I just need to get rid of it x

KerryLouise17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: severe pain after sex please help :'(

Post  Ridgwell on Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:35 am

Hi Kerry
I had the perfect sex life with an amazing boyfriend when I was 19 then suddenly the pain started. I was too embarrassed to see someone for weeks because the whole examination is violating and upsetting and I know now for good reason why I put it off. I was passed between 7 or 8 different doctors all examining me taking swabs and sending me away with clear test results and telling me it was in my head. My boyfriend was so sympathetic tried to understand but didnt know how to deal with me in pain and the crying and eventually didnt want to touch me because of being scared to hurt me. Finally a doctor diagnosed me with vulvodynia and I was put into amitrytholine to try and mend the exposed nerve fibres causing the pain. After about 6months the pain was completely gone but so was all sensation. I underwent counselling and sexual physiotherapy for months and the pleasure sensation never returned. I was diagnosed with depression and my relationship fell apart because he couldn't cope and I'd completely changed. It's been 2 years and up until last year things were starting to get bak on track. I was gaining some sensation again but then the pain returned with my new boyfriend.

I can't recommend a particular quick fix but creams don't seem to last and I'm sure your doctor will tell you this is a treatable condition but isn't curable. I just wanted to give you a heads up that taking the low dose of antidepressants that they prescribe DO work but you need to be prepared for any side effects that come with it and make sure you can emotionally handle it because this is not an easy condition to live with as I'm sure everyone will agree. But the sooner you start treatment the sooner the pain will go and if you're lucky your boyfriend will support you through it.

I don't know if this has been any help but I really wish you the best of luck because I know exactly how it feels to be so angry at the world for getting this condition so young and not knowing why but there are ways to stop it

Ridgwell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Severe pain after sex

Post  Sunflower82 on Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:59 am

Dear Kerry,
First let me start by saying I understand your pain. Is your pain provoked or do you get unprovoked pain? I get both and have been suffering for years. I was also on the depo injection but this didn't seem to affect my pain, but for me it was useful as my periods stopped I could no longer use tampons and sanitary towels also made me uncomfortable. Do your on research on to tampons, if I had done this when I was younger I don't think I would ever use them. Try natural sanitary towels.

In term of the pain after sex the only think that had helped me is seeing a women's Heath Physio, in order to release the muscles and to de sensitise the area. This can be painful and first and symptoms can get worse but now I able able to have more or less psi free sex. Have a cool bath after sex just water no soap ect

Do you use lube? I need to use lots and least 20mls, try a live called yes it has no horrible chemicals.

I have also been on medication as well.

Hope this helps

Kt

Sunflower82

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alana3 on Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:03 pm

I tried everything that was mentioned above and than my doctor finally labeled me a surgery case last year. I had the surgery in december and am doing a lot better now. I still get pain from muscle spasms that mimic vulvodynia but they are easier to deal with since they can release. Maybe ask your doctor to write you a script of lube with.lidocaine in it so it numbs you while having sex. Unfortunately, you'll feel it after the fact. I also tried a gabapentin, ami, lidocaine mix that sometimes helps people but did little for me. Worst condition ever and really frustrating which makes you feel like less of a person because its supposed to be something everyone can do. I haven't had sex yet but use dilators everyday and the v pain isnt there just muscular. So if you're a candidate or it's ever mentioned you may want to consider it.

Alana3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top