» Constant pain, I want to die.
Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:41 pm by Meggiemay

» What is Vulvodynia?
Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:21 pm by mary jane

» Will I ever be able to wear jeans?
Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:02 pm by jungleclover

» Looking for a friend IRL; LA/OC
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:58 pm by jungleclover

» Anyone else get this from yeast infections? (new member)
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:37 pm by jungleclover

» Owner of vulvodyniSuppoet.com
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:28 pm by LaurenVV

» anyone from southern california in here?
Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:38 am by crypticcalico

Just Diagnosed with Vulvadynia

Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:11 pm by CherryTree23

Well, I was just diagnosed today, yay...my symptoms are just burning pain in vaginal opening. This all came about after taking Bactrim, Monistat, Clindomycin and Diflucan. This doctor was extremely confident I have Vulvadynia. Also told me my vaginal skin isn't red. Yes, it is, mine isn't typically electric red. He prescribed Ampytripline (sp) said, I have a very mild case, and worse case …

Comments: 7

Vulvadynia

Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:53 pm by Linda Williams

I am 68 years old and a year ago was diagnosed with vestibulitis, then vulvadynia. I have a history of chinchilla bladder infections, have had major bladder repair, hysterectomy, mid 30's, an auto immune disease. I take a daily antibiotic to keep UTI's at bay. My doctor has done the Quip test which was uncomfortable but did not test anything. I use Premarin vaginal cream 2 times a week. These …

Comments: 3

Constant pain, I want to die.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:29 am by Meggiemay

I posted on here a few years ago but my symptoms went away with the inflammation. I didn't get so lucky this time.

For over three months, i've had terrible rawness, burning, soreness in the urethral/vestibule area and pressure/hypersensitivity in the clitoral area. I've also had some lower abdominal pressure and burning on my butt. I can barely walk! My gyno hasn't been much help. I'm on …

Comments: 21

Looking for a friend IRL; LA/OC

Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:51 am by crypticcalico

Hello!

I am hoping to find a friend in the LA/OC area that I can meet up with in person. I live in Long Beach, California and I am willing to drive a bit to meet. The only person that I've told about this is my doctor(s) and someone who couldn't wrap their brain around it. It would be nice to be able to talk to someone else who understands.

Comments: 1

Owner of vulvodyniSuppoet.com

Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:28 pm by LaurenVV

Hi, I started vulvodyniasupport.com at the age of 28.
I was a leader when there was no help, no forums etc.

As I went on my path, I found acupuncture, herbs and time helped me recover.
Most never do.

I met a wonderful woman named Hanna. She was a patient and became a support leader. She lived in FLoroda.

I have moved on from the support world and found a career that allowed
Me to bring my …

Comments: 0

anyone from southern california in here?

Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:43 pm by Melissa777

Hi Im just wondering if anyone here is from so cal- USA
I am in san diego- but from LA!!!

Comments: 6

Anyone else try Cold Laser therapy/ Low Level Laser Therapy for their vestibulodynia?

Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:01 am by Tired89

Hello everyone. It's been quite a long time since I've posted. I've been extremely depressed and bottling it all up. I've been seeing a pelvic floor therapist (it's only been 4 visits) for my provoked vestibulodynia and the only reason she can get inside of me to do myofascial release and to use the dilators is because I use BLT (benzocaine, lidocaine, tetracaine) ointment on my vestibule prior …

Comments: 2

Clitoris Issues

Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:17 pm by January

I am going crazyyy trying to figure out what's wrong. Please does anyone else have an issue similar to mine? I'm only 22. So, basically when my clit is lightly rubbed, there is no feeling. However, when rubbed vigorously and directly, the burning and tingling sensations shoot down my legs and feet as if coming to the end of an orgasm but with no good feeling leading up. It's so strange. What …

Comments: 1

Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:37 pm by Lisa1627

Hi ladies. I am new to the forum. I have had what I think is vulvodynia caused from hsv 2. So not only do I have the burning vag but the constant feeling of being contagious. I can honestly say that I hate my life and myself right now. There are days when I think I would rather be dead. I tried the amitryptline and it helped but if it's only making my brain think I don't have pain then it's …

Comments: 12

Q-Tip Test?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Q-Tip Test?

Post  katie220 on Wed May 08, 2013 6:48 am

Hey everyone. I went to the doctor on Monday. I discussed my issues with him and he gave me a Q-tip test. He said I don't have vulvodynia or vulvar vestibules because there isn't any pain in a localized area. I also don't feel that uncomfortable when I have physical examinations. There is just a generalized pain that stays at the same level throughout the day and gets worse with sex. This makes no sense! Does anyone know what this is? Do you have to have a positive result on a Q-tip test to have vulvodynia? Thanks!

katie220

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Q-Tip Test?

Post  Alana3 on Wed May 08, 2013 11:31 am

I know when I had v I would react horribly to a qtip test it would hurt so bad. Maybe yours is more vaginismus or pfd than vulvodynia but omg qtips used to hurt like crazy!

Alana3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delilah1 on Wed May 08, 2013 7:04 pm

You dont have to have a positive q-tip test to have vulvodynia. A positive test is more common in women who have a type of V called vulvar vestibulitis. Their pain is localized to the vestibule(entrance to the vagina) . Pain with vestibulitis occurs upon penetration or inserting a tampon or speculum or contact with tight clothing or certain activities.. They have the most success with the surgery. Another type of V is Dyesthetic Vulvodynia in which a woman feels burning, rawness, irritaiton, itching anywhere on the vulva. Some have constant pain all the time and sometimes there are brief periods of relief. Some have pain with sex or exams and some dont. You can also have both types of V which I do. I have burning, swelling, all the time. Sometimes I feel a stinging or a poking near the clitoris or labia. Sex is very painful upon entry but then subsides. The pain is worse (THE absolute worse for me) the day after and for several days. Once in a while I will feel almost normal for a few hours but it always returns. For this reason I stopped having intercourse. I figure my body is trying to tell me something if the pain is that bad. I feel I need to give myself time to heal before trying again. There are several good books out there that explain Vulvodynia. One is 'The Vulvodynia Survival Guide" by Howard Glazer. Another is "The V Book" by Elizabeth Stewart and "Ending Female Pain" by Isa Herrera. I have read them all. The self help measures that have given me the most relief are Aveeno Colloidal Oatmeal baths, spraying myself off with cool water after urinating (using an irrigation bottle - like you get after delivery) and the stretching exercises. The most surprising thing that has helped is learning how to breathe using your diaphragm while stretching/exercising and taking the time to deep breathe many times throughout the day to relax. stress makes everything worse. I wish you well!

Delilah1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah001 on Wed May 08, 2013 7:05 pm

Hi Katie, unprovoked vulvodynia does not respond to a q tip test unless there's an element of provoked mixed in (often can be) so yes you could have unprovoked generalised vulvodynia, google it and see if it sounds like what you are experiencing.
Sarah001

View user profile

Back to top Go down

RE:

Post  katie220 on Wed May 08, 2013 7:22 pm

Thanks for the replies! That's kind of what I was thinking. I don't think it's right to judge whether someone has vulvodynia or not from a Q-tip. For the pain my doctor is thinking of giving me Gabapentin. Have you guys ever tried that? My pain goes away when I take xanax so he was thinking gabapentin would be my best bet.

katie220

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alana3 on Wed May 08, 2013 7:31 pm

I used it as a topical it didn't work for me, I didn't want to deal with the side effects of a pill. But maybe orally it would work better? Smile

Alana3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  allforone on Tue May 14, 2013 1:40 am

I have read many articles on vulvodynia..........there are 2 kinds........one could be a q-tip test, however the other is not!! They are totally different.........
The 2nd kind is burning inside the vulva...........these doctors need to get informed!

allforone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top