I forgot my password

Latest topics
Recent "Poke" Pain - So Confused/Losing My Mind

Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:26 am by kelseybeth23

Long Story, but I am losing my mind and getting really depressed, so if I tell the full story maybe someone can help me.

Back in August I started to get an itch down there. Normally, in the past, when this would happen, I would change the way I wore my clothes, take more baths instead of showers, and use Monistat. This time, after about two weeks of no relief, I started to get concerned. I was …

Comments: 4

Does anyone else experience this?

Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:21 pm by Angelmegs

Hi— im new here. Im incredibly desperate so if anyone has any suggestions i would greatly appreciate it. Im a 20 year old female with vulvodynia and vaginismus. I was on the birth control pill (junel fe lo estrin) from age 13-18 because of severe menstrual pain. I used the xulane patch for a few months when i was 18 but eventually stopped BC altogether because it interferes with my med for …

Comments: 0

Newly diagnosed

Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:37 pm by Brevispink

Hello everyone. I have recently been diagnosed with unprovoked vulvodynia and would really appreciate some advice and support. I have had a chronic urine infection for 16 months and was on antibiotics for 9 of those months. I have been very uncomfortable for the entire time, but now I have absolutely unbearable stinging and burning all day with itching too. The infection has just about gone, …

Comments: 3

Post Full Vestibulectomy - 5 Years Later - Please Read

Tue May 02, 2017 6:18 pm by jen007

Hi All,

It's been awhile since I've written a new topic on the forum. Wondering if any of the same ladies are still here. I've come back to update you all on my post vestibulectomy results. I can't remember if I've done an update on my current state, so forgive me if this is repeated information... I can't remember how to view my old posts! Anyway, let me get on with my update.

For 4 years post …

Comments: 4

Do you ever worry that you're making it up?

Fri May 27, 2016 6:50 am by Lucci

Hello,

I was diagnosed with Vaginismus and Vulvar Vestibulitis 10 years ago. I was 18 and scared and moving across the country for college, but luckily was able to find a doctor who specialized in 'Women's Health' who immediately put me into physical therapy. Long story short, I've been in and out of the system ever since.

A few years into treatment, I had the diagnosis of PTSD added on for …

Comments: 7

Clitoris Issues

Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:17 pm by January

I am going crazyyy trying to figure out what's wrong. Please does anyone else have an issue similar to mine? I'm only 22. So, basically when my clit is lightly rubbed, there is no feeling. However, when rubbed vigorously and directly, the burning and tingling sensations shoot down my legs and feet as if coming to the end of an orgasm but with no good feeling leading up. It's so strange. What …

Comments: 2

Cured of Vulvodynia

Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:39 am by angelique2016

I used to post on this forum a long time ago and told everyone of how I was cured of my vulvodynia by a (Melbourne Australia) female dermatologist, she put me on very low doses of Nortriptyline (Allergron) for pain management about 10mgs I believe it was, and she also had me use Advantan Fatty Ointment (not the cream) (although I saw the cream for sale on ebay from germany) so it might help, as …

Comments: 10

Vulvodynia and IVF? Anyone done this? What does it do to the vulvadynia?

Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:03 am by Carolyn4

Hi everyone,

I have had vulvodynia since age 27--I am now 43 and it has been in pretty good remission.  I control it with acupuncture and herbs, and some cranial sacral therapy.  I have a 5 year old, had a pretty uneventful pregnancy which ended in a c-section.  My VV worsened after that, and I have worked hard to get it back under control (it took over a year to get it back into pretty good …

Comments: 1

Partial Vestibulectomy

Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:44 pm by JGD13

Hi all i am new here.
I had a partial vestibulectomy 21/7 for my provoked vulvodynia.
After a painful few days and feeling quite uncomfortable it seemed to get better. 1 week after i noticed some white stuff and gloopy discharge, it wasnt smelly or itchy but i got a check up at the gp surgery and the doctor said the stitches looked fine and i could just have a touch of thrush. He said this is …

Comments: 6

New member looking for a support system

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New member looking for a support system

Post  iheartcereal on Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:07 am

Hello all-

I am 32 and have been suffering from vulvadynia for years and am in dire need of a support system.  Basically, I've never had pain-free sex and experience a lot of pain/stabbing/burning with penetration.  I have some pelvic floor issues, but the doctors also think there's some neurological issues as well.  So much burning.  I did about a year of physical therapy a year ago and have been at it again for a few months.  I've tried dilators, creams, pills, etc and have seen many doctors about this.  Unfortunately, I do not feel any closer to a solution than I did when all of this started.  It's so frustrating when you do what the doctors tell you and still nothing improves.  I'm losing hope and feel very isolated and alone.  My husband tries to be supportive, but he does not understand what this condition has done to me mentally- let alone physically.  Because this issue is so private and not easily understood by those who do not suffer from it, my husband, therapist, and health care professionals are the only ones that know what I'm going through.  It's hard to keep something like this secret, especially when I feel like it's ruling my life but I'm too embarrassed and ashamed to tell anyone the truth.  My husband wants kids and as things stand, it's just not an option.  At this point in time, I can barely get through a pelvic exam.  I'm also getting to the age where all of my friends are having babies and it makes for an awkward conversation when people ask me if my husband and I plan to start a family.  What am I supposed to tell them?  Not only am I worried that I'll never be cured, I'm afraid this condition is going to ruin my marriage.  I really need to connect with people like me so that I feel understood by SOMEONE!

Thanks for letting me vent.  I hope to find some solace on this message board.

iheartcereal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New member looking for a support system

Post  tandaschroeder on Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:07 pm

You can email me at: amandanielsen8@gmail.com. I agree with everything you said & have been through it all. I have experienced that heartache and mental anguish. If there's one thing I want every woman to know, it's that there is a cure. Email me any time.

tandaschroeder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tashie999 on Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:47 pm

Hi,

Just to give you some hope, I thought I would never be able to have children. But I had no issues, just had to time it right & bear the pain to conceive & I have 2 gorgeous children now. I would also argue that if sex was not possible but you wanted to get pregnant that there are other diy options you could try. Its a challenge yes but not impossible.

I still have a lot of pain but on a positive my gyneo has advised that having the children naturally did kill off some of those hyper sensitive nerves so things are a little better post pregnancy.

keep positive hun
T X

Tashie999

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  iheartcereal on Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:21 am

Tashie999 - Thanks for giving me some hope! I have been doing research of my own and have seen there are several ways of getting pregnant without penetration. Who knew?

I have heard that a vaginal birth can open things up a bit; however, my physical therapist has also told me that it can go the other way. See has seen, time and time again, many of her patients worse off than the were before because of all the tearing, stitches, and scar tissue. It's overwhelming because you never know how your body is going to respond. At this point in my life, I just don't want any more trauma to the area than I have already endured.

iheartcereal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebby (Admin) on Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:04 am

Hey and welcome to the forum, I too am 32 and since I got married recently do find people ask all the time about us having a baby! I'm so so broody and so so scared lol.
With regards to the tearing in childbirth issue take a look at my post about pregnancy and birth in forum 'support and advice' Sarah has posted a link to a training device to help stretch muscles before birth and reduce likely hood of tearing!
In general, keep intimacy alive with your husband, it doesn't have to be penetration. I know it's hard, sometimes just the thought of messing around down there can cause anxiety! I'm being referred to a different pain clinic also. So always keep fighting, looking for answers and post if you need support x

Oh and Tashie999 - I would be really interested to find out how giving birth was for you? In terms if v.
Sebby (Admin)
Admin

View user profile http://vulvodyniasupport.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top