I forgot my password

Latest topics
Constant pain, I want to die.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:29 am by Meggiemay

I posted on here a few years ago but my symptoms went away with the inflammation. I didn't get so lucky this time.

For over three months, i've had terrible rawness, burning, soreness in the urethral/vestibule area and pressure/hypersensitivity in the clitoral area. I've also had some lower abdominal pressure and burning on my butt. I can barely walk! My gyno hasn't been much help. I'm on …

Comments: 19

Clitoris Issues

Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:17 pm by January

I am going crazyyy trying to figure out what's wrong. Please does anyone else have an issue similar to mine? I'm only 22. So, basically when my clit is lightly rubbed, there is no feeling. However, when rubbed vigorously and directly, the burning and tingling sensations shoot down my legs and feet as if coming to the end of an orgasm but with no good feeling leading up. It's so strange. What …

Comments: 1

Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:37 pm by Lisa1627

Hi ladies. I am new to the forum. I have had what I think is vulvodynia caused from hsv 2. So not only do I have the burning vag but the constant feeling of being contagious. I can honestly say that I hate my life and myself right now. There are days when I think I would rather be dead. I tried the amitryptline and it helped but if it's only making my brain think I don't have pain then it's …

Comments: 12

Post Full Vestibulectomy - 5 Years Later - Please Read

Tue May 02, 2017 6:18 pm by jen007

Hi All,

It's been awhile since I've written a new topic on the forum. Wondering if any of the same ladies are still here. I've come back to update you all on my post vestibulectomy results. I can't remember if I've done an update on my current state, so forgive me if this is repeated information... I can't remember how to view my old posts! Anyway, let me get on with my update.

For 4 years post …

Comments: 3

Recovered from Vulvodynia

Thu May 04, 2017 9:42 pm by chancesunny

Hey everyone,

Im a new member on this forum and wanted to share my story so I can help anyone who is feeling helpless. Maybe what worked for me can work for you. I'll try to make this short so you can go get better!

I had vulvodynia for about 3-4 years. In the beginning, it started with pain that I thought was just a yeast infection and then I thought it was a urinary tract infection or …

Comments: 2

New here, my story and looking for advice

Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:02 am by rachiecakes

Hi All!

I was really hoping to get some feedback from everyone here - it's very hard dealing with an issue like this because no one really understands what I'm going through!

Im 28 years old I've had interstitial cystitis for 3 years - but never an vaginal issues. About 6 months ago I got a yeast infection following a course of antibiotics - similarly I developed IC after a bad UTI. The itching …

Comments: 4

New w/ Secondary Provoked Vestibuldynia

Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:46 pm by Birdy

Hi everyone,

I'm here because I'm pretty sure I have secondary provoked vestibuldynia, even though my gyno is still "optimistic" it is not.  My problem started six months ago when I got my second UTI in as many months (after going 25 years of life without one) and then ended up with a bad yeast infection (also my first one ever) thanks to the antibiotics.  Ever since the yeast …

Comments: 2

Male visitor

Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:19 pm by outsider

Hello!

I am a 25 year old guy who has erectile dysfunction following an injury a few years ago. I am here because I think that men and women with sexual dysfunction could benefit from dating each other. My experience has been that women have lost interest when they found out that penetrative sex was not possible with me.
So I am interested in learning more about female sexual disorders. Do young …

Comments: 3

New Here: Question/My Story

Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:00 am by overit14

Hi everyone. I came across this site by Googling "vulvar pain support". I feel like my case is different than most I read about so I was wondering if anyone else here experiences this in the way that I do.

This started in 2012 and has happened off and on since. I get really, really red and it's very painful, swollen and burns. Sometimes it may be a little itchy, but mostly it just …

Comments: 6

Acupuncture gave me my life back!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Acupuncture gave me my life back!

Post  earthbalance on Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:25 pm

Hello everyone!

I was diagnosed with vulvodynia in January, after 5 visits to various doctors, gynos, and even a urologist. The pain set in during the second week of December, and was DEBILITATING. I was unable to do almost anything- work out, WORK, go to class, and I was entirely unable to have sex with my boyfriend. I felt like everything I loved (I was training to compete as a powerlifter so losing the gym was a devastating blow) and my basic human functions (sex with the person I love) were being taken from me and I was, of course, miserable. During my last gyno exam I asked when I would be able to have sex again and my gynecologist said, "I can't even get a finger in you, do you think you can even HAVE sex?" Of course I didn't mean as I was, I was just hoping for a sunny vaginal forecast for the future. But my future (from her perspective) was grim.

I received my diagnosis (the end of the world aka vulodvynia) and information about applying for disability (because my pain was so intense) and was told "This pain won't be the rest of your life, but it will be your life for the next little while--maybe a year or so. Your life isn't over, it will just be different. Is your partner understanding? You may not be able to have sex again soon, or maybe at all. But there are other ways to be intimate. You should get health insurance because you'll need to go frequently to a gynecologist and try different methods of pain management until you find one that works for you. Hopefully it won't be a long process."

I left feeling total helpless, my life snatched away by endless burning and pain. I'm 30 years old, fit, and prior to this vulvodynia, was healthy and happy! I was visiting my Dad when I received my diagnosis and he asked if I would be willing to try acupuncture. I told him I was willing to have my leg cut off to make the pain stop, so he made an appointment.

I will preface this by saying that my results (time-wise) are not typical, but the outcome (being pain free after acupuncture treatments) IS.

My vulvodynia has two kind of pains: an external burning that feels like acid had been thrown on me, and an internal pain that feels like open, swollen wounds--almost like the inside of my vagina was used as a scratching post for cats. Both types of pain were constant. I could barely SLEEP. Sit. Walk. Do ANYTHING.

Every day I used to rate my pain to let my boyfriend/parents (who were very worried about me) know how I felt. I went into my first acupuncture appointment at a 7. I explained this to my acupuncturist, and at some point during the treatment, she asked me to rate my external burning pain. I instantly started to say 7... but then I realized I barely felt ANY pain. I rated it at 2, and she was delighted and got to work on my internal pain.

Unfortunately, the internal pain stayed throughout my treatment, but I was SO HAPPY to be rid (even temporarily) of the burning that I considered the session a huge success.

Over the next couple of days my pain (burning AND internal!) diminished more and more, much to my disbelief and delight! 3 days later I came home. That night as my boyfriend and I laid in bed, I told him all about my treatment, how I felt my pain start to prickle and then... just evaporate off of me, and one thing lead to another and WE HAD SEX... WITHOUT PAIN! It felt great! We hadn't had sex in two months, and I was so happy and relieved and overwhelmed that I cried. I had thought that part of my life was gone forever. I felt like a human again.

A few days later, my pain came back. But long story short: I found a local community acupuncture clinic where I live. For the next 2 months I went twice a week ($35 a week), and each session would keep me pain free until the next. I was able to have sex, work out, use tampons, and be more or less normal.

Now I go only every week and a half, sometimes less. I still get pain when I'm stressed out, but it goes away within a day or two.

If you've made it through this story and relate, pleeeeease give acupuncture a try. Don't expect a miracle at the first session, but, I was told, generally within 7 sessions there should be change. Before you pump yourself full of drugs or do anything drastic, see what acupuncture can do for you! You don't have to believe in it for it work, just like anything else. (Just like you can disbelieve that 5 cups of coffee won't wake you up but if you drink them your belief won't stop you from bouncing off the walls!)

Acupuncture gave me my life back, and I hope if can give you yours! Very Happy

earthbalance

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Acupuncture gave me my life back!

Post  Finch on Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:52 pm

Thanks for sharing - this is a great success story. I'm so pleased you found something that works Smile
I have often wondered about acupuncture, as many people with vulvodynia have certain trigger points that can be linked to other parts of the body.
What was it like? Did it hurt or feel odd?

Finch

Finch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebby (Admin) on Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:51 am

Thank you for this, I'm definitely thinking of trying acupuncture. Is it better to try and find someone with some understanding and experience with vulva pain?
Sebby (Admin)
Admin

View user profile http://vulvodyniasupport.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  tinkerbelle2 on Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:31 pm

Hi, earthbalance!

Acupuncture is something I've been considering. My gp has mentioned it a couple of times. Not sure if you still post on here but has the pain still stayed away? ! Glad for you.
tinkerbelle2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alana3 on Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:55 pm

I tried it it works but the pain comes back unless you do it consistently at least for me but it relaxes you like no other give it a go cant hurt

Alana3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mary jane on Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:03 pm

interesting- I'll list it down
mary jane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  young.sufferer on Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:51 am

This may we a silly question, but are you just receiving normal acupuncture or are you getting acupuncture on your actual vagina? Wondering what I should prepare myself for!

young.sufferer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Acupuncture help for V

Post  neesegjohnson on Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:41 pm

So, I have had 4 acupuncture treatments. Before I went I specifically told her I had vulvodynia so she would focus on the V area. After the 1st visit it felt better for a couple of days then returned. After each time, it has increasingly gotten better. I have had a one day flare up in the last 2 weeks and I believe it's a combination of things but definitely believe acupuncture helps cure vulvodynia. My girl said she has helped other women with V as well. I am now going every other week and as needed. I have had vulvodynia for 5-6 months. My plan is to gradually go down to once a month at some point. She puts only a few needles in, they do not hurt. She puts one on each side of the vagina close to that area but def. not in the vagina. Try it. I have done a lot of research on the problem and acupuncture stimulates your bodies natural healing abilities. Btw..I have pretty much tried everything!

neesegjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top