I forgot my password

Constant pain, I want to die.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:29 am by Meggiemay

I posted on here a few years ago but my symptoms went away with the inflammation. I didn't get so lucky this time.

For over three months, i've had terrible rawness, burning, soreness in the urethral/vestibule area and pressure/hypersensitivity in the clitoral area. I've also had some lower abdominal pressure and burning on my butt. I can barely walk! My gyno hasn't been much help. I'm on …

Comments: 19

Clitoris Issues

Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:17 pm by January

I am going crazyyy trying to figure out what's wrong. Please does anyone else have an issue similar to mine? I'm only 22. So, basically when my clit is lightly rubbed, there is no feeling. However, when rubbed vigorously and directly, the burning and tingling sensations shoot down my legs and feet as if coming to the end of an orgasm but with no good feeling leading up. It's so strange. What …

Comments: 1

Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:37 pm by Lisa1627

Hi ladies. I am new to the forum. I have had what I think is vulvodynia caused from hsv 2. So not only do I have the burning vag but the constant feeling of being contagious. I can honestly say that I hate my life and myself right now. There are days when I think I would rather be dead. I tried the amitryptline and it helped but if it's only making my brain think I don't have pain then it's …

Comments: 12

Post Full Vestibulectomy - 5 Years Later - Please Read

Tue May 02, 2017 6:18 pm by jen007

Hi All,

It's been awhile since I've written a new topic on the forum. Wondering if any of the same ladies are still here. I've come back to update you all on my post vestibulectomy results. I can't remember if I've done an update on my current state, so forgive me if this is repeated information... I can't remember how to view my old posts! Anyway, let me get on with my update.

For 4 years post …

Comments: 3

Recovered from Vulvodynia

Thu May 04, 2017 9:42 pm by chancesunny

Hey everyone,

Im a new member on this forum and wanted to share my story so I can help anyone who is feeling helpless. Maybe what worked for me can work for you. I'll try to make this short so you can go get better!

I had vulvodynia for about 3-4 years. In the beginning, it started with pain that I thought was just a yeast infection and then I thought it was a urinary tract infection or …

Comments: 2

New here, my story and looking for advice

Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:02 am by rachiecakes

Hi All!

I was really hoping to get some feedback from everyone here - it's very hard dealing with an issue like this because no one really understands what I'm going through!

Im 28 years old I've had interstitial cystitis for 3 years - but never an vaginal issues. About 6 months ago I got a yeast infection following a course of antibiotics - similarly I developed IC after a bad UTI. The itching …

Comments: 4

New w/ Secondary Provoked Vestibuldynia

Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:46 pm by Birdy

Hi everyone,

I'm here because I'm pretty sure I have secondary provoked vestibuldynia, even though my gyno is still "optimistic" it is not.  My problem started six months ago when I got my second UTI in as many months (after going 25 years of life without one) and then ended up with a bad yeast infection (also my first one ever) thanks to the antibiotics.  Ever since the yeast …

Comments: 2

Male visitor

Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:19 pm by outsider

Hello!

I am a 25 year old guy who has erectile dysfunction following an injury a few years ago. I am here because I think that men and women with sexual dysfunction could benefit from dating each other. My experience has been that women have lost interest when they found out that penetrative sex was not possible with me.
So I am interested in learning more about female sexual disorders. Do young …

Comments: 3

New Here: Question/My Story

Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:00 am by overit14

Hi everyone. I came across this site by Googling "vulvar pain support". I feel like my case is different than most I read about so I was wondering if anyone else here experiences this in the way that I do.

This started in 2012 and has happened off and on since. I get really, really red and it's very painful, swollen and burns. Sometimes it may be a little itchy, but mostly it just …

Comments: 6

Vulvodynia estriol treatment and candida-like symptoms

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vulvodynia estriol treatment and candida-like symptoms

Post  sablenicoise on Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:34 am

Hello
I'm 21 years old, i have been suffering with Vulvodynia for 1 year and 3 month, and recently (8 days ago) i have started taking estriol vaginal suppositories in a hope to get some relief from them (my estrogen leves are a bit lower than normal). So far no relief but after 5 days of estriol i got yeast-lie symptoms: i itch A LOT (i didn't before on a normal basis, only when i had yeast) and the burning and stabing-like pain and pain with urination and when sitting got worse and the vagina also seems a bit swollen and i find in even harder to insert the suppositories.

When i first noticed the yeast like symptoms i panicked and took a fluconazole 150 mg tablet, and the next day i went to the doctor's to have a vaginal discharge exam done. I have now the results of the examan and there is no yeast detected! I'm so confused.. is it possible that the yeast didn't appear in the exam because of the fluconazole i took the night before? (my doctor told me that seeing as i took it orally it shouldn't influence the results) or because of the estriol suppositories?

Or is it possible that i really don't have yeast and it's just because of the estriol? I also noticed that the first 5 days of estriol i didn't have candida like symptomps and neither allergic reactions or feeling worse immediatley affter inserting the estriol suppositor.

Also i'm on a strict low-oxalate diet, and also on a no-sugar, no-yeast, no-almost nothing diet since what looks like forever and it's really getting me down as i wight about 40 kg (it's true unfortunately, and i'm afraid i will loose even more weight).
I wear only 100% cotton, no-elastic band, white, underwear which i wash manually with olive oil soap, and then iron them to kill all bacteria.

Has anybody else experienced yeast-like simptoms during estriol treatment? Is it normal? I know that after 8 days of estriol i shouldn't expect to feel better but the itching and burning are so horrible especially at night after the suppositorie starts to melt and (sorry fot the image) to run down the vagina.. Also..is it possible that i do in fact have yeast but the results came negative because of the fluconazole i took a night before?

I would enourmously appreciate if someone could tell me, but even if not, i'm glad i found this site and i can talk with other women wth this problem (i have read a lot of sites but never had the courage to speak to anyone about it until now)

have a good day Smile

sablenicoise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vulvodynia estriol treatment and candida-like symptoms

Post  Alana3 on Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:25 pm

Go off the estrogen and see if you feel better..

Alana3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elc88 on Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:33 pm

If the Dr said the Fluconazole wouldn't influence the results, then they're probably right.

I took estrogen over the Chirstmas period, and from what I recall, I did get a slight discharge from it. I assumed it was the melted suppository mixed with a little bit of extra friskiness Embarassed  I did get a strong burning sensation when I came off of it, but not so much while I was on it, unless I accidentily scratched myself while inserting the suppository. Still, check the ingredients and make sure you're not allergic to any of them!

Last edited by Elc88 on Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Elc88

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elc88 on Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:42 pm

Alana3 wrote:Go off the estrogen and see if you feel better..

I wouldn't recommend this - the pain will get worse when you first come off, and your emotions will be all over the place. It's not something you should start and stop. I was advised to take it for at least a month and to stop taking it if I didn't notice an improvement after 6 weeks. If you were prescribed it after being diagnosed with low estrogen levels, then you need to talk to your Dr before you stop.

I really can't warn you enough - when I abruptly stopped taking estrogen, I became really emotional and was thrown into depression, so be prepared, and try to come off it slowly.

Elc88

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alana3 on Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:18 pm

Its a suposetory lol no emotions youre not taking it.orally theres no way it will mess with your mood. As for the pain shes worse I would come off it. But this isnt an antidepressant or birth control you should be fine. I wouldn't want yeast like feeling all the.time. but not a chance after 5 days and not going thru your bloodstream will this cause any emotional changes.

Alana3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sablenicoise on Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:35 pm

thank you for your answers!

i really wanted to stay on the estrogen for at least a month because my doctor said that i can't see any results sooner.
i was hoping that maybe the yeast like symptoms stopped if i treated the yeast (which i dont' know if i have or not!) with diflucan, probiotics, coconut oil and lots of yoghurts. So far i haven't gotten any results but it's been only 2 and a half days...

probably i would feel better if i stopped the estrogen, but then i would be in the same place i was 9 days ago, and that is not a very good place ..but i really thought of it as my only chance out of this hell. i have tried almost everything else (therapy, pelvic floor exercises, low oxalate diet, anti yeast diet, wearing 100% cotton underwear, no detergent, special soap for private parts..etc) and also i noticed that my pain varies in the menstrual cycle, usually it's better in day 14 during ovulation and worse before and during period. Unfortunately this hasn't been the case this month as now it should have been ovulation and i feel worse because of the yeast like symptoms..

would it be better to stop the estrogen completely, get rid of the yeast symptoms and then start back the estrogen and taking probiotics vaginal suppositories at the same time? or should i try to continue with estrogen and anti yeast diet and hope the yeast symptoms will fade? i still don't understand how the yeast symptoms could be something directly related to the estrogen(like allergy or something) , and not to yeast, because in the first 5 days of the treatment i was ok, no itch, no burning...

Maybe it's not estrogen what i need for vulvodynia?

my doctors are not very documented in what vulvodynia is, and have never seen anything like it before so i'm a bit like a guinea pig for them.. also in my country you can;t find other estrogen suppositories, and no estrogen cream at all, no testosteron, and no compounding of the two.. Sad

sablenicoise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elc88 on Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:41 pm

Even if you don't take it orally, it still enters the blood stream. Regardless of how you take it, it tops up estrogen levels in your system and your body gets used to producing less estrogen itself so you suffer withdrawal symptoms when you come off it. Maybe not all of the same symptoms, but definitely some of them, case in point, I became very emotional and started to suffer depression.

Elc88

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elc88 on Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:13 pm

Sablenicoise, I thought the best thing to do would be to have a quick search:

https://ssl.adam.com/content.aspx?productId=47&pid=47&gid=602127&site=welldynerx.adam.com&login=well1815

Definitely discharge is a normal side effect of the suppository, and it's also possible that the itchiness is a side effect. Like I say, I felt the itchiness was worse when I first stopped, and I remember noticing a bit more discomfort when I forgot to take a dose (e.g. staying at a friends for new year), but nothing too bad. Even though I hated the suppository, I was like you - I persevered through 6 weeks in the hope I had found a cure! It didn't help me, but that doesn't mean it won't help you. If you have low estrogen levels, then I'd be really worried about stopping it without having a replacement to move on to.

Elc88

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alana3 on Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:49 pm

Whatever you say... topicals typically dint make you r emotional and give you side effects that other drugs do when taken orally hence why doctors give them to you. I was taking antidepressants topically so I didn't suffer weight changes or depression. And so I could get off of them easy. Was that the only drug you took when you became emotional? mood isn't even listed as side effects. Typically drugs taken that don't pass thru your liver are not going to alter your mood, weight, etc but can cause other problems where you apply it. Itchy, discharge, swelling, redness, etc. I've been on all that crap and none of it worked but it certainly didn't affect my mood. Birth control pills on the other hand yes. This whole thing is emotional, but estrogen is usually handled pretty well when applied in a specific spot. Doctors give it to you that way so the side effects are minimal

Alana3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alana3 on Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:27 pm

And in a previous post I put that it doesnt go thru bloodflow I meant liver.

Alana3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top