I forgot my password

Latest topics
Newly diagnosed

Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:37 pm by Brevispink

Hello everyone. I have recently been diagnosed with unprovoked vulvodynia and would really appreciate some advice and support. I have had a chronic urine infection for 16 months and was on antibiotics for 9 of those months. I have been very uncomfortable for the entire time, but now I have absolutely unbearable stinging and burning all day with itching too. The infection has just about gone, …

Comments: 7

Recent "Poke" Pain - So Confused/Losing My Mind

Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:26 am by kelseybeth23

Long Story, but I am losing my mind and getting really depressed, so if I tell the full story maybe someone can help me.

Back in August I started to get an itch down there. Normally, in the past, when this would happen, I would change the way I wore my clothes, take more baths instead of showers, and use Monistat. This time, after about two weeks of no relief, I started to get concerned. I was …

Comments: 5

Does anyone else experience this?

Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:21 pm by Angelmegs

Hi— im new here. Im incredibly desperate so if anyone has any suggestions i would greatly appreciate it. Im a 20 year old female with vulvodynia and vaginismus. I was on the birth control pill (junel fe lo estrin) from age 13-18 because of severe menstrual pain. I used the xulane patch for a few months when i was 18 but eventually stopped BC altogether because it interferes with my med for …

Comments: 0

Post Full Vestibulectomy - 5 Years Later - Please Read

Tue May 02, 2017 6:18 pm by jen007

Hi All,

It's been awhile since I've written a new topic on the forum. Wondering if any of the same ladies are still here. I've come back to update you all on my post vestibulectomy results. I can't remember if I've done an update on my current state, so forgive me if this is repeated information... I can't remember how to view my old posts! Anyway, let me get on with my update.

For 4 years post …

Comments: 4

Do you ever worry that you're making it up?

Fri May 27, 2016 6:50 am by Lucci

Hello,

I was diagnosed with Vaginismus and Vulvar Vestibulitis 10 years ago. I was 18 and scared and moving across the country for college, but luckily was able to find a doctor who specialized in 'Women's Health' who immediately put me into physical therapy. Long story short, I've been in and out of the system ever since.

A few years into treatment, I had the diagnosis of PTSD added on for …

Comments: 7

Clitoris Issues

Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:17 pm by January

I am going crazyyy trying to figure out what's wrong. Please does anyone else have an issue similar to mine? I'm only 22. So, basically when my clit is lightly rubbed, there is no feeling. However, when rubbed vigorously and directly, the burning and tingling sensations shoot down my legs and feet as if coming to the end of an orgasm but with no good feeling leading up. It's so strange. What …

Comments: 2

Cured of Vulvodynia

Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:39 am by angelique2016

I used to post on this forum a long time ago and told everyone of how I was cured of my vulvodynia by a (Melbourne Australia) female dermatologist, she put me on very low doses of Nortriptyline (Allergron) for pain management about 10mgs I believe it was, and she also had me use Advantan Fatty Ointment (not the cream) (although I saw the cream for sale on ebay from germany) so it might help, as …

Comments: 10

Vulvodynia and IVF? Anyone done this? What does it do to the vulvadynia?

Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:03 am by Carolyn4

Hi everyone,

I have had vulvodynia since age 27--I am now 43 and it has been in pretty good remission.  I control it with acupuncture and herbs, and some cranial sacral therapy.  I have a 5 year old, had a pretty uneventful pregnancy which ended in a c-section.  My VV worsened after that, and I have worked hard to get it back under control (it took over a year to get it back into pretty good …

Comments: 1

Partial Vestibulectomy

Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:44 pm by JGD13

Hi all i am new here.
I had a partial vestibulectomy 21/7 for my provoked vulvodynia.
After a painful few days and feeling quite uncomfortable it seemed to get better. 1 week after i noticed some white stuff and gloopy discharge, it wasnt smelly or itchy but i got a check up at the gp surgery and the doctor said the stitches looked fine and i could just have a touch of thrush. He said this is …

Comments: 6

Has anyone been told by the Gyno......

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Has anyone been told by the Gyno......

Post  Intrestn1 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:15 am

When I first started havng problems, I noticed that my skin in my vaginal area was changing. I went to the doctor and he did a biopsy to see if there were any cancerous cells. Well, they were not and then he diagnosed me with vulvodynia..... Well, later on down the line, things started to get a little worse and then I was told that I have psoriasis...... Has anyone else been told this? I've looked up information on this but haven't been able to find much on psoriasis of/on the genitals.... Any info will be helpful... THANKS!  Mad 

Intrestn1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Has anyone been told by the Gyno......

Post  tinkerbelle2 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:29 pm

Hey, my GP ages ago thought I had psoriasis as she said it seemed quite 'dry' down there. She gave me emollient creams such as dactacourt and cetraben. They didn't really seem to do much, they didn't irritate which is good i guess and did seem to soothe slightly. But no real change. Now she doesn't think i have that :S
tinkerbelle2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  EviE°Bee on Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:59 am

I was never told I had psoriasis but i had 1-3 periods per year and as I got older I started developing menopausal symptoms (dry vagina, hot flashes, urinary frequency) so the dr prescribed me provera to bring my periods down, which I never took, and eventually I started getting my periods regularly.
My very first "regular period" was march of this year and it came with a UTI, a yeast infection, and pain in my vulva. (I experienced vulva pain for the first time 5 yrs ago and it came back with the vengeance this year)

Dry vag can cause a variety of different problems because the skin becomes thin and easily irritated. I had to eliminate perfumed soaps and any other possible irritant. I get why the doc told you that it was psoriasis but i highly doubt it because the vag is still too moist regardless of the dryness. One of my dr's told me to use desitin (diaper rash creame found in baby isle) as a protectant. Not the scented one, the original. It adds moisture which = comfort.

Hope this helps.

EvieBee

EviE°Bee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Possible

Post  907hopeful on Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:21 am

Hi, I am not an expert w/ this, so I would encourage you to do some research, but I am 99% sure that psoriasis can be confirmed w/ a skin biopsy. There are a couple dermatologist in the US that soley focus on genital skin issues. I would recommend searching for genital dermatologist to see if there is one near you. If not, call around to clinics to see if you can find a dr that is experienced treating genital dermatology issues. It's my understanding genital dermatology is much different than regular dermatology since it is much different skin.

I know of someone who was able to get her psoriasis into a state of remission by doing an elimination diet to cut out common allergens (dairy, gluten, eggs). She did this with the help of a naturopath and has been able to slowly add done things back iin limit amounts w/ no issues. Hope some of these suggestions help you. Best of luck to you!!!

907hopeful

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top