» New member - just looking for feedback
Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:40 pm by mertzwl

» Will I ever be able to wear jeans?
Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:14 pm by Npage14

» Amitriptyline Success and new-found love
Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:29 pm by megaanx

» Diagnosed recently, looking for advice
Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:30 pm by wuhujen

» Dose HAVING VULVODYNIA MEANS YOU HAVE LUPUS?? HELP IM FREAKING OUT!
Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:01 pm by pussycat

» From a concerned husband
Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:46 pm by shope610

» Had this for 5 years, looking for people who understand
Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:55 am by Npage14

» 6 year sufferer but I’ve found some hope
Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:33 am by Npage14

Anyone have pain with urination?

Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:35 pm by mertzwl

Hi everyone - I can't believe I've been dealing with this for almost 10 years and an appointment scheduler at a urogyn office is the one to suggest I look into vulvodynia. Honestly, I don't care, I just thankful I might have an answer.

I have pain in one specific spot right around the urethral opening so it always coincides with urinating (it's not a uti). Does anyone else deal with pain …

Comments: 6

Diagnosed recently, looking for advice

Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:51 am by Cloudberry

Hi everyone,

I'm so glad I found this forum! I was diagnosed with vulvodynia/vulvar vestibulitis (still not sure about the difference between all the different terms) a couple of months ago and I could do with some advice. This is probably going to be a lot of text because I just want to get everything off my chest, so please bear with me.

I’m a woman in my late 20s. Before getting diagnosed …

Comments: 4

From a concerned husband

Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:45 pm by ConcernedYorkieHubby

Hello everyone,

This is probably a little unconventional, but I’m a man who is here because his wife has been diagnosed with vulvodynia. The poor girl has been suffering with vulva pain for around 10 years now, and I’ve been by her side through the pain and tears and doctors misunderstandings the whole way, and we’re both exhausted and terrified by the whole experience.

I’m sure a lot …

Comments: 4

Had this for 5 years, looking for people who understand

Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:46 pm by blackberrie

Hey all. I'm really struggling to find anyone in real life who can really understand what I'm going through. I've had vestibulodynia for 5 years now and I'm single. Obviously it has completely affected how I approach dating and sex and the fact that I can't really talk to people irl about it has made me feel very lonely. I've found that a lot of the women who have this problem are married and …

Comments: 2

6 year sufferer but I’ve found some hope

Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:33 am by Npage14

Hey, ladies! I’m new to this support group, I’ve thought about doing something like this for a while so I wanted to try this out! I’ve had vulvodynia for 6 years now, I am self diagnosed. I’m 20 now and the pain started when I had my first encounter with sexual contact when I was 14(I still remained a virgin though it was fingering). For a couple years the pain was so bad I could hardly …

Comments: 0

Hurting, Burning, Itching, and Worn Out

Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:55 pm by donnambr

This vulvodynia that I'm currently suffering with is so cruel. I hurt, I burn, I itch. When I first got this several years ago, before the internet, I though I was the only one with this awful disorder. Doctors couldn't figure it out. I felt so alone and devastated. Somehow it disappeared for a few years and now I'm suffering again. This dreaded V misery is back and I feel like I will be with …

Comments: 5

Hi girls! New in this forum

Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:31 pm by Gaby

Hi everyone!

Also joining the V club, Here my story:

It all started last year in september with a very bad throat infection for which i had to take antibiotics for about a month. This cause several yeast infections (candidia albicans).... one after the other!. I had them every month from october 2017 till march 2018. During this period i use an incredible amount of anti-fungal creams and …

Comments: 1

Newbie and feeling helpless

Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:52 pm by Taylor1

Hi, I found out a few weeks ago that I have this condition, started off at the end of April as a uti took strong antibiotics then got a thrush infection and now this.. My doctor has tried me on amitriptyline and gabipentin and both made me so poorly I couldn't take it plus I have seen what long use of these drugs has done to my mom for pain and its not good. I am using coconut oil which does …

Comments: 3

I'm new to this forum and would love some advice! :)

Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:13 am by anikita

Hi lovely gals!

I'm honestly hoping to get any bit of advice anyone might have to offer. I go from bouts of sobbing hysterically in my boyfriend's arms to feeling confident that I can beat this.

I haven't been actually diagnosed with vulvodynia but EVERYTHING under the sun has come back negative. I started having sex 4 years ago after starting Lo Loestrin, with my first and current boyfriend …

Comments: 6

Boric acid has made me feel even better, almost healed

Go down

Boric acid has made me feel even better, almost healed

Post  lavrose on Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:51 pm

As you guys no, Ive been on here a long time, posting about my various herbal and essential oil (mad scientist vaginal concoction suppository adventures) burning myself , causing shedding skin, NOT RECOMMENDED, but hey, I was trying and fighting the good fight...Oils did not work to CURE the infection, and even when I thought they were making me feel better, eventually, they stopped working, and I felt the "Burning Bush" feeling, sensation come back full force, made worse by the oils.
A marriage and a divorce, etc, Ive been using Boric acid everyday sometimes twice a day (gave up on the oils) and while the Boric Acid is in..I feel 100% normal down there, and can have sex sometimes (painlessly, and pleasurable, but its messy, as Boric Acid creates an embarrassing watery discharge) Just tell him your a squirter Smile) LOL!!.. nah just joking..anyay..it sux, but if I miss a day of it, the uncomfortable feeling comes back..so ive been doing Boric acid capsules inserted in the vagina exclusively, and a better diet, ofcourse) with supplements for about 5 months now, and every month I seem to feel better, and better, more normal, my period cycle also feels better, and I do the suppositories at night, even while Im menstruating.
Im hoping one day ill eventually cure) but that's ALOT to ask, im just glad I can have these momentary moments of pleasure and normalness.

Recently, in the last month or so, Ive been trying a product called "Yeast Arrest" by Vitanica, vaginal suppositories, ..with Homeopathic herbs, and borax, and I feel even better.
One women on the website VaginaPagina said she was on Boric Acid for a YEAR and eventually cured, so who knows. Hoping for the best.
lavrose

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lavrose on Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:01 pm

but like I said..I cant go a DAY without these treatments, or it feels like HELL down there again..so..as long as its in there..I feel NORMAL..but give it a day or two and the feeling comes sneaking back, gradually..

The yeast arrest on the other hand, has made me feel, I can go almost 2 days without medicine up in there and still feel alright..so like I said..a year or two of this, and maybe one day, I will be cured.

Also, please use Carlsons Vitamin E suppositories along with the Boric acid, as it can be terribly drying.

Also, sex can be difficult as (altho it feels great) your man knows something is up 9in there) as its either slippery, or overly wet, and dry too, as Boric acid can be drying(use lube)

its Hell, and I feel like half a women, and its embarrassing..but what can I do??
lavrose

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Boric acid has made me feel even better, almost healed

Post  tinkerbelle2 on Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:42 am

That's really interesting! It's an idea I've been toying with for a while but haven't given it a go yet. Dyou know what it actually is in the boric acid that takes the pain away? And are there any side effects except the dryness and watery discharge?
tinkerbelle2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ringostarr26 on Tue May 13, 2014 8:27 pm

do you have unprovoked V or provoked and is it generalized?

ringostarr26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

boric acid

Post  drruthfree on Mon May 19, 2014 1:14 pm

What strength tablets are you using?

drruthfree

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MensRea on Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:23 pm

if you feel better with boric acid that means that you have chronic yeast infection right? I am asking because the results of my biopsy came out, and it shows only inflammation. Therefore, boric acid it's not for me.

MensRea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ouch123 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:15 pm

I think boric acid lowers PH too. I sometimes wonder if my pain isn't from high ph levels. My ph is always above 6

Ouch123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  emalita on Thu May 19, 2016 7:06 pm

Boric acid is bacteriostatic and fungistatic. Bactericidal agents kill bacteria directly, and bacteriostatic agents stop bacteria from growing. Fungistatic agents inhibit growth, whereas fungicidal kills fungal pathogens.

Bacteriostatic and fungistatic agents work by allowing our own immune system to take control of the infection (it gives us a chance to not be so outnumbered). Don't let this freak you out though because a lot of antibiotics are bacteriostatic...we just aren't told how the drugs we take work. There are a lot of ways doctors believe boric acid helps with BV or yeast infections, including its potential biofilm removal ability.

I used boric acid 600mg suppositories once a day before bed. At first my doctor had them compounded in a fattibase through a pharmacy, but I found that just inserting a regular capsule of boric acid was less irritating and dissolved fine. I did not make my own like some people suggest. I just ordered pre-made ones online.

They absolutely cured whatever infection I had that was causing constant internal burning and prickling at my urethra (as well as a horrible poking pain I got with every period). I used it once a day for 14 days (Naturopath wanted me to do it for 30 days), then twice a week in between periods, and every day of my period for 3 months.

However, I want to strongly caution you when using boric acid because I am now left with an extremely bad case of noninfectious inflammatory vaginitis (i.e. inflammation of the vagina not caused by an infection). I'm not saying boric acid alone did this to me, but I do believe it caused my vagina to be more inflamed. I do not regret using it to relieve the infection, but I do regret using it as long as my Naturopath recommended. If pH is your concern, there are a lot of other more gentle methods to help restore a healthy acidic pH.

emalita

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down