I forgot my password

Constant pain, I want to die.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:29 am by Meggiemay

I posted on here a few years ago but my symptoms went away with the inflammation. I didn't get so lucky this time.

For over three months, i've had terrible rawness, burning, soreness in the urethral/vestibule area and pressure/hypersensitivity in the clitoral area. I've also had some lower abdominal pressure and burning on my butt. I can barely walk! My gyno hasn't been much help. I'm on …

Comments: 19

Clitoris Issues

Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:17 pm by January

I am going crazyyy trying to figure out what's wrong. Please does anyone else have an issue similar to mine? I'm only 22. So, basically when my clit is lightly rubbed, there is no feeling. However, when rubbed vigorously and directly, the burning and tingling sensations shoot down my legs and feet as if coming to the end of an orgasm but with no good feeling leading up. It's so strange. What …

Comments: 1

Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:37 pm by Lisa1627

Hi ladies. I am new to the forum. I have had what I think is vulvodynia caused from hsv 2. So not only do I have the burning vag but the constant feeling of being contagious. I can honestly say that I hate my life and myself right now. There are days when I think I would rather be dead. I tried the amitryptline and it helped but if it's only making my brain think I don't have pain then it's …

Comments: 12

Post Full Vestibulectomy - 5 Years Later - Please Read

Tue May 02, 2017 6:18 pm by jen007

Hi All,

It's been awhile since I've written a new topic on the forum. Wondering if any of the same ladies are still here. I've come back to update you all on my post vestibulectomy results. I can't remember if I've done an update on my current state, so forgive me if this is repeated information... I can't remember how to view my old posts! Anyway, let me get on with my update.

For 4 years post …

Comments: 3

Recovered from Vulvodynia

Thu May 04, 2017 9:42 pm by chancesunny

Hey everyone,

Im a new member on this forum and wanted to share my story so I can help anyone who is feeling helpless. Maybe what worked for me can work for you. I'll try to make this short so you can go get better!

I had vulvodynia for about 3-4 years. In the beginning, it started with pain that I thought was just a yeast infection and then I thought it was a urinary tract infection or …

Comments: 2

New here, my story and looking for advice

Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:02 am by rachiecakes

Hi All!

I was really hoping to get some feedback from everyone here - it's very hard dealing with an issue like this because no one really understands what I'm going through!

Im 28 years old I've had interstitial cystitis for 3 years - but never an vaginal issues. About 6 months ago I got a yeast infection following a course of antibiotics - similarly I developed IC after a bad UTI. The itching …

Comments: 4

New w/ Secondary Provoked Vestibuldynia

Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:46 pm by Birdy

Hi everyone,

I'm here because I'm pretty sure I have secondary provoked vestibuldynia, even though my gyno is still "optimistic" it is not.  My problem started six months ago when I got my second UTI in as many months (after going 25 years of life without one) and then ended up with a bad yeast infection (also my first one ever) thanks to the antibiotics.  Ever since the yeast …

Comments: 2

Male visitor

Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:19 pm by outsider

Hello!

I am a 25 year old guy who has erectile dysfunction following an injury a few years ago. I am here because I think that men and women with sexual dysfunction could benefit from dating each other. My experience has been that women have lost interest when they found out that penetrative sex was not possible with me.
So I am interested in learning more about female sexual disorders. Do young …

Comments: 3

New Here: Question/My Story

Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:00 am by overit14

Hi everyone. I came across this site by Googling "vulvar pain support". I feel like my case is different than most I read about so I was wondering if anyone else here experiences this in the way that I do.

This started in 2012 and has happened off and on since. I get really, really red and it's very painful, swollen and burns. Sometimes it may be a little itchy, but mostly it just …

Comments: 6

Pain After Surgery

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pain After Surgery

Post  JuniperRain on Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:38 pm

I know some of you have had great success after having a vestibulectomy so I thought maybe I could ask you all a question. Like I've mentioned before I had a partial vestibulectomy on December 24th and things were going well. I had my stitches removed last Monday (the 20th) and my doctor told me everything looked great and that my husband and I could try having sex this week but that it might be a little sore due to the scar tissue not being so stretchy. Well, it really hurt! But in a different way than it hurt before. It wasn't the stinging, raw burning pain like a thousand paper cuts and it didn't swell up a lot like it used to but it still really hurt and we had to stop. I was wondering if any of you had a similar experience and if so how long it lasted? Do you think vitamin E would help? Or any other suggestions? I'm lost.

JuniperRain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pain After Surgery

Post  Alana3 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:35 pm

I used dilators for a few months after surgery so I could control it and get used to it again. Also, I did physical therapy. You probably have a bit of vaginismus and are especially tense since it's always hurt you tense up and your muscles might spasm. I got muscle relaxers for that. The trick with the dilators, is to leave them in until your muscles start to relax and than move it in and out. You can start with a small one and go up to the big one. My doctor said if that didn't work I could do botox, but I decided to try this first. And it really worked. I would dilate for 10 minutes in my shower everyday either in the morning or after work. Also, if you stick your stomach all the way out and hold it there it will release your pelvic floor and help with spasms. But honestly what youre feeling now is more than likely muscle spasms. I would never in a million years have gone straight to sex. You need to be in control of your vagina right after this surgery. So try the dilators and get the name of a pelvic floor physical therapist and you should be set in a few months! Vitamin E is not going to do anything for you. It's all about exercise like any other muscle Smile hope this helps

Another suggestion, if you want to have sex with hubby (which I totally understand don't get me wrong!) have him just stay in you for a bit without moving. I don't know how exciting this will be for him or you, but once I started having sex again, that's what my boyfriend did for me and than we would do our thing after I felt comfortable. But remember your body has just gone thru a traumatic experience.

Alana3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JuniperRain on Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:42 pm

Ok, that makes a lot of sense. Thank you! I went to physical therapy for a few months before I had my surgery but I haven't made any appointments to go back afterwards. I think I'll try dilating like you described and look into returning to therapy. Thanks for the quick response! It's really appreciated.

JuniperRain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alana3 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:56 pm

No problem- let me know if I can help you at all! Definitely go back to therapy it helps a lot!

Alana3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fingerscrossed on Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:13 am

I had my surgery on December 17 and just tried to have sex for the first time today (husband's birthday). I've been to four physical therapy appointments in the past four weeks with homework three times a week, but I don't think I was ready yet. I felt like my skin was tearing at the six o' clock position and I think my pelvic floor dysfunction might be worse than before. He said that it felt like my body was trying to push him out, even though I was attempting to relax. Very disappointed right now, but I have to keep trying.

Fingerscrossed

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JuniperRain on Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:29 am

I'm sorry, Fingerscrossed. I understand how you feel. I never returned to PT after surgery but I did work at home on dilating for a while. After that I did what Alana3 had recommended and just put my husband inside me as much as possible with out it hurting too much and just sat there, we literally didn't move and I just focused on relaxing. I made sure to be on top so I could control everything. It hurt a little but each time we did it it hurt a little less and I could handle a little more. It definitely wasn't exciting or sexy but I think it helped. Aside from this we started focusing on other intimate, sexual acts without penetration and I think in a way this helped ease my anxiety some. Just a couple of nights ago I was able to have pain free sex for the first time in six years but I still had some swelling and pain afterwards that lasted most of the next day. So I can't say it's 100% better but it's SO much better than it was. Don't give up. Smile

JuniperRain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alana3 on Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:18 am

Try a lot of lube

Alana3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  21andcounting on Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:33 am

Hi Guys! I'm really happy I found this post today. I had surgery on December 11th and just tried having sex this weekend. I wasn't on that large of a dilator size yet but I was drunk and hopeful. It hurt a lot and I couldn't get it in more than 2 inches, but we stopped immediately after I felt like something wasn't right. It's reassuring to hear that I'm not alone though. I am really nervous because I have trouble identifying what muscle pain is supposed to feel like, and I'm always trying to analyze if it is "normal pain" or not. It felt kind of like a burning on the muscles near the opening, but wasn't similar to the pain I had before. The burning feeling is what really freaks me out. What does the pain actually feel like with you guys?

21andcounting

View user profile http://vvsthestruggleisreal.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Alana3 on Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:54 pm

I guess it feels like burning. If you read up to my other replies I would suggest doing that and not going at it when you're drunk especially if you haven't done it yet. Take it slow you just had surgery and things haven't had a chance to heal all the way yet it takes a good 6 months. Also try lube my bf and I use about a half a bottle (granted we have sex for hours but still haha). You're going to have to retrain your muscles and your brain because everything is expecting pain and you may subconsciously be tensing up. Which causes pain.

Alana3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  julesmp on Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:54 pm

I have actually had two surgeries (the first removed very little tissue, and I found a much better doctor after). While things are MUCH better than before, I do still have pain during sex, and I have random flare-ups. It's disappointing but I have to remember how much better life is now.

julesmp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top