I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Anyone been to see Dr.Claire Bailey in Birmingham?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:36 pm by Kezz

» Recently Diagnosed.... Help!
Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:57 pm by amyhp

» Vestibulectomy
Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:54 am by infinitelywondering

» Discomfort from my own liquids
Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:27 am by Hopeitworks

» Anyone else have burning on the front of thighs?
Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:20 am by Hopeitworks

» Partial Vestibulectomy
Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:38 am by infinitelywondering

» Anyone being treated by Drexel University???
Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:50 pm by Hopeitworks

» Post Vestibulectomy Pain !!!
Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:00 pm by sj17

» Pain management - what works for me
Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:58 am by sj17

Partial Vestibulectomy

Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:44 pm by JGD13

Hi all i am new here.
I had a partial vestibulectomy 21/7 for my provoked vulvodynia.
After a painful few days and feeling quite uncomfortable it seemed to get better. 1 week after i noticed some white stuff and gloopy discharge, it wasnt smelly or itchy but i got a check up at the gp surgery and the doctor said the stitches looked fine and i could just have a touch of thrush. He said this is …

Comments: 4

New w/ Secondary Provoked Vestibuldynia

Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:46 pm by Birdy

Hi everyone,

I'm here because I'm pretty sure I have secondary provoked vestibuldynia, even though my gyno is still "optimistic" it is not.  My problem started six months ago when I got my second UTI in as many months (after going 25 years of life without one) and then ended up with a bad yeast infection (also my first one ever) thanks to the antibiotics.  Ever since the yeast …

Comments: 3

Anyone from the PNW?

Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:54 am by jungleclover

I'm located near Portland and I would be really cool to actually meet someone with this issue. I think my roommate in college technically had this problem. She had an overgrown hymen removed and can't deal with penetration as a result. But she is gay so it seems like it hasn't been a huge problem for her (although we didn't talk about it much so there was possibly more to it than she let on). …

Comments: 0

Constant pain, I want to die.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:29 am by Meggiemay

I posted on here a few years ago but my symptoms went away with the inflammation. I didn't get so lucky this time.

For over three months, i've had terrible rawness, burning, soreness in the urethral/vestibule area and pressure/hypersensitivity in the clitoral area. I've also had some lower abdominal pressure and burning on my butt. I can barely walk! My gyno hasn't been much help. I'm on …

Comments: 22

Newbie to the site

Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:16 am by Ksa

Hello. Thank you for this wonderful site. I'm currently under the care of a dr in Phoenix that specializes in vaginal disorders. I will probably be on a suppository of estridol the rest of my life and I am currently on medications for a rare form of vaginitis that's pretty unheard of for my age. My vagina literally hates me. I've struggled with vulvadynia for 20 years, the duration of my …

Comments: 1

New to the site and just had a vestibulectomy

Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:19 am by Hopeitworks

Hello Everyone,

I have been suffering from vulvodynia for years! So I decided to go ahead and have vestibulectomy on July 28, 2017. I really wished I would of found this site before I went through with the surgery. Maybe I would have been more prepared to deal with recovering. I just need someone to talk and I dont mind hearing your story.

Comments: 2

Post Vestibulectomy

Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:15 pm by infinitelywondering

Heya,

I had my vestibulectomy (full) about a day and a half ago. I was very sick and poorly just after the op and experienced intense pain down there Sad

However, today I came home and have done the following things:

-washed with warm water
-applied manuka honey to the area
-ensured I wash at least 3 times a day and dab the area dry gently
-use frozen peas to stop the swelling

As of now I am …

can anyone recommend a good dermatologist in LA?

Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:17 pm by saffron

Hi, I am wondering if anyone knows a vulvar dermatologist in Los Angeles? My problems seem to be external, but I'm having trouble finding a knowledgable doctor. My current dermatologist is pretty cosmetic based and I'm afraid all the products he prescribed actually made my situation so much worse!

I know there a few drs in Orange County/San Diego, but was hoping to stay local as even …

Comments: 3

Vulvodynia and IVF? Anyone done this? What does it do to the vulvadynia?

Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:03 am by Carolyn4

Hi everyone,

I have had vulvodynia since age 27--I am now 43 and it has been in pretty good remission.  I control it with acupuncture and herbs, and some cranial sacral therapy.  I have a 5 year old, had a pretty uneventful pregnancy which ended in a c-section.  My VV worsened after that, and I have worked hard to get it back under control (it took over a year to get it back into pretty good …

Would you say you're stressed?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Would you say you're stressed?

Post  Micrm on Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:21 am

Just curious if general stress and tension is common among us all. Not afterwards but perhaps as a common cause/contributor?

Micrm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you say you're stressed?

Post  Zbrown on Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:37 am

Yeah I would say I am a stressed person also a very big worrier over small things always have been :/ x

Zbrown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zarli on Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:22 am

Yes I was extremely stressed and anxiety when my v started

zarli

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  meelie on Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:35 pm

Yes, I was also extremely stressed at the time. Probably more stressed than I have ever been in my then 65 years on earth. I was thinking it was from holding muscles tight on the right side because of my left pelvic fx, but when I think of it, it is probably both together. Mine is from pelvic muscle dysfunction, we are 99% sure of this. Skin and tissue look fine, just had a gyn appointment on Monday. I am about sick to death of this. The only thing I think that keeps me from eating a bullet is that the burning goes away at night while I'm sleeping (not stress or pressure on the muscles) and usually does not start back until about 10 AM. I so feel for you guys that are hurting all the time and for such a long long time. I cannot not imagine such burning for such a long time. I do have some contact V when my husband wants sex but with lots of lub it is usually bearable.

meelie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bridget234 on Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:43 pm

Yes and a big worrier about every little thing!

bridget234

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delilah1 on Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:22 pm

My V started after one of the most stressful times in my life.

Delilah1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  meelie on Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:46 am

This is very interesting. I hope someone would do an investigation into this. I think we have hit upon a very common thing. All the girls answering yet to this, have you come to the conclusion that it is pelvic floor dysfunction/muscle underlying cause?

meelie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  meelie on Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:47 am

one more question, have any of your taken a warm bath with soda to help relieve the inflamation in there?

meelie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zarli on Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:25 am

A bath of any sort for me is off limits. I seriously believe vulvodynia is caused by stress affecting the nervous system. I am a sufferer of anxiety but I went through the worst time of my life then vulvodynia started. There has to be a link I am convinced.

zarli

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Micrm on Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:12 am

thanks for posting everyone. I too am a worrier/clencher and have many tight muscles. My stress was something I never noticed until my vulvodynia flared up again in my 20s. It's interesting that so far we all share this commonality.

Micrm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  meelie on Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:39 pm

okey dokey, now that we know it's stress and muscle clenching and the like, why can't someone come up with the answer to stop it, put it to rest, make it relax. Oh my God, I so need to find a way to make them relax and fix the nerves that I am sure it has affected.

meelie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  aspaceodyssey on Wed May 07, 2014 6:07 pm

yes, I can be a very stressed out person, have always had anxiety problems, etc. but I try my best to manage it through various outlets like meditation, exercise, getting enough sleep...I think there's definitely a connection and I have read before that a lot of women with vulvodynia or chronic pain in general also have issues like anxiety, depression, etc.

in my particular case I don't think pelvic floor dysfunction is the root of the issue, I think it stems from autoimmunity and skin problems.

aspaceodyssey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bridget234 on Wed May 07, 2014 10:40 pm

I did have pelvic floor dysfunction but physical therapy fixed that. The root of my problem is the nerves. My theory is that it is also caused by something autoimmune as I do have a few of those diseases.

bridget234

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top