» Looking for suggestions or encouragement
Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:09 am by Gaby

» Clinical Trial for Vulvodynia Treatment
Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:13 pm by wramirez

» New and need advice and help
Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:48 am by Derry59

» Things that have worked for me
Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:32 am by Amethyst

» Found relief after more than 15 years of pain!
Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:17 am by Amethyst

» I'm new to this forum and would love some advice! :)
Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:06 am by Cin124

» I think I know what causes vulvodynia-it's the memory of pain
Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:24 pm by foxysugarpants

New here would very much appreciate advice at the end of my rope

Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:09 pm by Jma990o

This might be a little long but it's been such a long time I've even been able to talk about my problems openly thank you in advance for any helpful advice.
So ok I'm 24 I've been having this problem for over two years seen quite a few doctors and obgyns alike and nobody will take me seriously I have had a few utis and yeast infections and even bv once and this all started after one of the utis …

Comments: 2

Diagnosed Recently

Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:55 pm by flissyg

Hi All,

I’m so glad I’ve found a place where there are others who understand how I feel!

So this is my story:-

I’m 36,  and 4 months ago, whilst innocently sitting in bed reading I experienced a very sharp stabbing pain in my clitoris. It last only a few minutes and then subsided as quickly as it came on. It put it down to “one of those things”.  The following morning I woke up …

Comments: 0

Looking for suggestions or encouragement

Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:10 am by ryn207

Hi there. I'm 25 and have been dealing with this for over a year and a half and I'm really starting to lose hope this will ever stop.

In July of 2016 I had a yeast infection. When Monistat didn't work I went to my gynecologist who prescribed Diflucan. When the itching didn't stop she retested me and found that my yeast infection was gone, but I now had a bacterial infection. After taking the …

Comments: 6

New and need advice and help

Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:26 pm by Cin124

Hi everyone,

About three months ago, I started having vaginal and vulval itching. Then, about two months ago, my vulva started to feel painful and look swollen, so I went to the doctor. I was tested for herpes, chlamydia, and gonorrhea which all came back negative. I also had to do a vaginal swab test and the only thing that came back positive was yeast infection. I was prescribed hydrozole …

Comments: 4

I'm new to this forum and would love some advice! :)

Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:13 am by anikita

Hi lovely gals!

I'm honestly hoping to get any bit of advice anyone might have to offer. I go from bouts of sobbing hysterically in my boyfriend's arms to feeling confident that I can beat this.

I haven't been actually diagnosed with vulvodynia but EVERYTHING under the sun has come back negative. I started having sex 4 years ago after starting Lo Loestrin, with my first and current boyfriend …

Comments: 13

Hello. Happy to have found this group.

Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:01 pm by foxysugarpants

I am new here and hope to gain some insight into my vulva pain. I suffered for a long time not realizing that there are ways to feel better. I saw the Dr. yesterday and I am starting P/T pelvic and valium suppositories. queen

Comments: 0

Had this for 5 years, looking for people who understand

Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:46 pm by blackberrie

Hey all. I'm really struggling to find anyone in real life who can really understand what I'm going through. I've had vestibulodynia for 5 years now and I'm single. Obviously it has completely affected how I approach dating and sex and the fact that I can't really talk to people irl about it has made me feel very lonely. I've found that a lot of the women who have this problem are married and …

Comments: 3

Anyone have pain with urination?

Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:35 pm by mertzwl

Hi everyone - I can't believe I've been dealing with this for almost 10 years and an appointment scheduler at a urogyn office is the one to suggest I look into vulvodynia. Honestly, I don't care, I just thankful I might have an answer.

I have pain in one specific spot right around the urethral opening so it always coincides with urinating (it's not a uti). Does anyone else deal with pain …

Comments: 6

Diagnosed recently, looking for advice

Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:51 am by Cloudberry

Hi everyone,

I'm so glad I found this forum! I was diagnosed with vulvodynia/vulvar vestibulitis (still not sure about the difference between all the different terms) a couple of months ago and I could do with some advice. This is probably going to be a lot of text because I just want to get everything off my chest, so please bear with me.

I’m a woman in my late 20s. Before getting diagnosed …

Comments: 4

New diagnosis and feeling defeated

Go down

New diagnosis and feeling defeated

Post  JstMrried on Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:00 am

Curse (Age 25)
I want to leave my body, this broken equipment. And maybe that's selfish considering what so so many others go through. My Aunt with cancer and my sister with heartache. I just can't help but wonder why I would find my perfect match just to punish him like this, me like this. (just married in may) If we hadn't met and I was single, I wouldn't even care about sex, I wouldn't even think about sex. I'd go about my own day, not knowing what I'm missing. But when I see him everyday is like looking outside a window on a gorgeous sunny day and you're working. And you can't get out, no break, no tan, no sunshine, no happiness, and just a tease. And you stay in business mode ; for the first few hours (meaning the first few months) your hopeful that you can maintain order with fluency. But then as the whole day goes by (over half a year) you have a thought thinking "I'm going to get stuck in this persona," bitter and work oriented because it's the only way you can succeed and not fail (be broken). You get turned on by simply watching him grab a drink from the fridge, cold shower. You get wet watching a romantic kiss in a chick flick, cold shower. The thing is, without the cold shower you open yourself up to being touched...to have inflicted, unintentional pain. Sex now associated with that explosion of pain like a deep knife at the most sensitive spot. And when you wait long enough, it doesn't matter...you want something...you take the pain. You want him and anything that comes with it is worth it, until the pain is so unbearable that he notices you crying while he's taking you, instantly killing the mood and any feelings of closeness, wholeness are gone along with his boner. That's how I know he loves me, and that's how I know I should be telling myself I'm lucky. But instead I just feel so broken and slowly losing myself.
After the crying after he's cum, I pull into myself. I feel so selfish for thinking about this pain when he's been in abstinence so long because of me, so I feel like I shouldn't tell him the repercussions. I just bury these feelings in tears and big gulps, and I hide. And I feel more alone because of myself, because I don't tell him how deeply rooted I'm damaged. That part is my fault, but talking about it won't fix my faulty womanhood, and it makes him feel worse.

JstMrried

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New diagnosis and feeling defeated

Post  JstMrried on Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:34 pm

I know there's no question to this passage, but can anyone offer insight to a newlywed?

JstMrried

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rmb on Wed May 10, 2017 2:55 am

That's awful. I know what you mean about feeling selfish I was just thinking today how selfish I am for dating. I love my boyfriend so so much but I feel like he deserves someone normal. I have finally opened up to my sister and I think I'm going to try pain meds I made a doc appt. have you tired anything like that?

rmb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down