» Constant pain, I want to die.
    Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:41 pm by Meggiemay

» What is Vulvodynia?
    Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:21 pm by mary jane

» Will I ever be able to wear jeans?
    Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:02 pm by jungleclover

» Looking for a friend IRL; LA/OC
    Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:58 pm by jungleclover

» Anyone else get this from yeast infections? (new member)
    Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:37 pm by jungleclover

» Owner of vulvodyniSuppoet.com
    Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:28 pm by LaurenVV

» anyone from southern california in here?
    Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:38 am by crypticcalico

Just Diagnosed with Vulvadynia

Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:11 pm by CherryTree23

Well, I was just diagnosed today, yay...my symptoms are just burning pain in vaginal opening. This all came about after taking Bactrim, Monistat, Clindomycin and Diflucan. This doctor was extremely confident I have Vulvadynia. Also told me my vaginal skin isn't red. Yes, it is, mine isn't typically electric red. He prescribed Ampytripline (sp) said, I have a very mild case, and worse case …

Comments: 7

Vulvadynia

Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:53 pm by Linda Williams

I am 68 years old and a year ago was diagnosed with vestibulitis, then vulvadynia. I have a history of chinchilla bladder infections, have had major bladder repair, hysterectomy, mid 30's, an auto immune disease. I take a daily antibiotic to keep UTI's at bay. My doctor has done the Quip test which was uncomfortable but did not test anything. I use Premarin vaginal cream 2 times a week. These …

Comments: 3

Constant pain, I want to die.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:29 am by Meggiemay

I posted on here a few years ago but my symptoms went away with the inflammation. I didn't get so lucky this time.

For over three months, i've had terrible rawness, burning, soreness in the urethral/vestibule area and pressure/hypersensitivity in the clitoral area. I've also had some lower abdominal pressure and burning on my butt. I can barely walk! My gyno hasn't been much help. I'm on …

Comments: 21

Looking for a friend IRL; LA/OC

Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:51 am by crypticcalico

Hello!

I am hoping to find a friend in the LA/OC area that I can meet up with in person. I live in Long Beach, California and I am willing to drive a bit to meet. The only person that I've told about this is my doctor(s) and someone who couldn't wrap their brain around it. It would be nice to be able to talk to someone else who understands.

Comments: 1

Owner of vulvodyniSuppoet.com

Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:28 pm by LaurenVV

Hi, I started vulvodyniasupport.com at the age of 28.
    I was a leader when there was no help, no forums etc.

As I went on my path, I found acupuncture, herbs and time helped me recover.
    Most never do.

I met a wonderful woman named Hanna. She was a patient and became a support leader. She lived in FLoroda.

I have moved on from the support world and found a career that allowed
    Me to bring my …

Comments: 0

anyone from southern california in here?

Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:43 pm by Melissa777

Hi Im just wondering if anyone here is from so cal- USA
    I am in san diego- but from LA!!!

Comments: 6

Anyone else try Cold Laser therapy/ Low Level Laser Therapy for their vestibulodynia?

Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:01 am by Tired89

Hello everyone. It's been quite a long time since I've posted. I've been extremely depressed and bottling it all up. I've been seeing a pelvic floor therapist (it's only been 4 visits) for my provoked vestibulodynia and the only reason she can get inside of me to do myofascial release and to use the dilators is because I use BLT (benzocaine, lidocaine, tetracaine) ointment on my vestibule prior …

Comments: 2

Clitoris Issues

Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:17 pm by January

I am going crazyyy trying to figure out what's wrong. Please does anyone else have an issue similar to mine? I'm only 22. So, basically when my clit is lightly rubbed, there is no feeling. However, when rubbed vigorously and directly, the burning and tingling sensations shoot down my legs and feet as if coming to the end of an orgasm but with no good feeling leading up. It's so strange. What …

Comments: 1

Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:37 pm by Lisa1627

Hi ladies. I am new to the forum. I have had what I think is vulvodynia caused from hsv 2. So not only do I have the burning vag but the constant feeling of being contagious. I can honestly say that I hate my life and myself right now. There are days when I think I would rather be dead. I tried the amitryptline and it helped but if it's only making my brain think I don't have pain then it's …

Comments: 12

Worsening vulvodynia, only 21

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Worsening vulvodynia, only 21

Post  katj21 on Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:05 pm

Hello - bit of a long one. I'm 21, from the UK and was first diagnosed with vulvodynia at 18. I had previously had what I think was something like Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (exhaustion, nausea, muscle pain and skin soreness on and off, worsening over my last 3 years of school but doctors never gave me a diagnosis as I wasn't severe enough). I had this and recurring thrush before my vulvodynia started so I wonder if it was linked to either of these. It came on as very severe and sharp pain on touch and the doctor told me I had vulvodynia which I was really upset about, googling it when I got home the words 'no cure' sure jumped out at me. This was around August and the pain continued until I went travelling the next May, within the first week the pain disappeared (vitamin D from the sun? salt from the sea? using natural travel shampoo instead of chemical? lack of stress? trust me I've racked my brain about this). After about a month it began to feel uncomfortable and sore but this was nothing compared to it feeling like knives. Then since just after Christmas the awful sharp pain is back and worse, this time it's not only painful but has been swelling up like big blisters when I have touched to check pain (which goes down after some hours/overnight) and in the last couple weeks have felt burning pain even when not being touched.

I'm trying to eat a very strict alkaline diet as I've read about the body working at its optimum state on an alkaline diet. I add coconut oil to my smoothies in the morning, take plenty of vitamins and minerals, have been doing epsom salt baths this week. I'm trying hard but I can't help but feel like I don't have a clue what I'm doing. My alkaline diet contradicts things i've read about a low oxalate diet helping, as spinach (which I'm eating a lot of as its so alkaline) is apparently high in oxalates. I also don't know how often or how long I should try the epsom baths or whether to switch to baking soda baths as this may apparently help? I've read about the healing powers of raw food diets, about why you shouldn't eat any raw food, the acidity of meat and fish and eggs, but candida problems requiring you to cut out all fruits and sugars. Whatever I follow in the end feels like a guess, I just don't have a clue what I'm doing and I hadn't realised how much comfort food was helping me through the day because now I'm only eating rabbit food I find myself getting more and more depressed.

Is anyone young and afraid of never having a relationship/normal life?? Or depressed because you feel like you're trying hard but truly don't know what you're doing?? There's women who have dealt with this for a LOT longer so I know I'm lucky but it's knowing that it might not go that's scaring me. I don't feel like a normal young person.

katj21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Worsening vulvodynia, only 21

Post  Funchik93 on Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:58 pm

Hi, my name's Fany, I'm 21yo Smile
    I entered your message and wanted to offer my support as being of the same age suffering from a similar condition..
    I've had my vestibulities diagnosed at 19 (when I first started having regular intercourse). I know for a fact that I've had it at least since I was 17 - because that was the first and only time I tried sex before I became 19 and also because I've always had problems and pain putting in tampons and wearing skinny jeans.
    I'm only telling you all of this to try to show you you are not alone - I also struggle with feelings of "not being normal", especially with having a boyfriend for the past 2 years (who is a bit older than me and had been sexualy active before we started dating). I dealt with depression and I also felt like I'm broken and can't be repaired...
    What I wanted to tell you, referring to the last part of your message - you are a normal young person. Many people suffer from various problems, at least our condition has a solution and treatments Smile I went with the biofeedback at first. Unfortunately, with my vestibulities (I've got a pretty severe one - a lot like you described, but also not being able to sit at times and the thing with tampons, skinny jeans and of course - painful sex) This didn't work and I decided to have the vestibulectomy surgery. I'm currently recovering from it, day 16 post op. Trying to stay positive! Smile
    I'm not saying you have to have surgery to deal with vulvodinya, it's a personal decision, but I wanted to give you my insight as a young person going through the same issue.
    I believe you can have a normal life and I've proven to myself that you can have a great relationship even with this problem - you just have to find the right and understanding partner. To me, this condition taught me that a relationship can be based on love and support, even at a very young age.
    I hope I was able to send you a little bit of optimism and I send you the very best wishes!
    P.s: sorry if my English is not perfect, I'm not a native speaker Smile

Funchik93

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top