I forgot my password

Do you ever worry that you're making it up?

Fri May 27, 2016 6:50 am by Lucci

Hello,

I was diagnosed with Vaginismus and Vulvar Vestibulitis 10 years ago. I was 18 and scared and moving across the country for college, but luckily was able to find a doctor who specialized in 'Women's Health' who immediately put me into physical therapy. Long story short, I've been in and out of the system ever since.

A few years into treatment, I had the diagnosis of PTSD added on for …

Comments: 7

Clitoris Issues

Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:17 pm by January

I am going crazyyy trying to figure out what's wrong. Please does anyone else have an issue similar to mine? I'm only 22. So, basically when my clit is lightly rubbed, there is no feeling. However, when rubbed vigorously and directly, the burning and tingling sensations shoot down my legs and feet as if coming to the end of an orgasm but with no good feeling leading up. It's so strange. What …

Comments: 2

Cured of Vulvodynia

Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:39 am by angelique2016

I used to post on this forum a long time ago and told everyone of how I was cured of my vulvodynia by a (Melbourne Australia) female dermatologist, she put me on very low doses of Nortriptyline (Allergron) for pain management about 10mgs I believe it was, and she also had me use Advantan Fatty Ointment (not the cream) (although I saw the cream for sale on ebay from germany) so it might help, as …

Comments: 10

Vulvodynia and IVF? Anyone done this? What does it do to the vulvadynia?

Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:03 am by Carolyn4

Hi everyone,

I have had vulvodynia since age 27--I am now 43 and it has been in pretty good remission.  I control it with acupuncture and herbs, and some cranial sacral therapy.  I have a 5 year old, had a pretty uneventful pregnancy which ended in a c-section.  My VV worsened after that, and I have worked hard to get it back under control (it took over a year to get it back into pretty good …

Comments: 1

Partial Vestibulectomy

Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:44 pm by JGD13

Hi all i am new here.
I had a partial vestibulectomy 21/7 for my provoked vulvodynia.
After a painful few days and feeling quite uncomfortable it seemed to get better. 1 week after i noticed some white stuff and gloopy discharge, it wasnt smelly or itchy but i got a check up at the gp surgery and the doctor said the stitches looked fine and i could just have a touch of thrush. He said this is …

Comments: 6

Post Vestibulectomy

Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:15 pm by infinitelywondering

Heya,

I had my vestibulectomy (full) about a day and a half ago. I was very sick and poorly just after the op and experienced intense pain down there Sad

However, today I came home and have done the following things:

-washed with warm water
-applied manuka honey to the area
-ensured I wash at least 3 times a day and dab the area dry gently
-use frozen peas to stop the swelling

As of now I am …

Comments: 1

New w/ Secondary Provoked Vestibuldynia

Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:46 pm by Birdy

Hi everyone,

I'm here because I'm pretty sure I have secondary provoked vestibuldynia, even though my gyno is still "optimistic" it is not.  My problem started six months ago when I got my second UTI in as many months (after going 25 years of life without one) and then ended up with a bad yeast infection (also my first one ever) thanks to the antibiotics.  Ever since the yeast …

Comments: 3

Anyone from the PNW?

Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:54 am by jungleclover

I'm located near Portland and I would be really cool to actually meet someone with this issue. I think my roommate in college technically had this problem. She had an overgrown hymen removed and can't deal with penetration as a result. But she is gay so it seems like it hasn't been a huge problem for her (although we didn't talk about it much so there was possibly more to it than she let on). …

Comments: 0

Constant pain, I want to die.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:29 am by Meggiemay

I posted on here a few years ago but my symptoms went away with the inflammation. I didn't get so lucky this time.

For over three months, i've had terrible rawness, burning, soreness in the urethral/vestibule area and pressure/hypersensitivity in the clitoral area. I've also had some lower abdominal pressure and burning on my butt. I can barely walk! My gyno hasn't been much help. I'm on …

Comments: 22

Putnams 'bony parts' cushion or Putnams 'Dr Huff' cushion - which is best?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Putnams 'bony parts' cushion or Putnams 'Dr Huff' cushion - which is best?

Post  Fielder on Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:17 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie.  I live in the UK.  

I'm trying to work out the best cushion to get for my vulvodynia.  I suspect that I could have pudendal nerve involvement (the aching and burning pain is from vagina to clitoris) and I have rectocele and some tailbone pain too.

I have seen some good reports on older threads regarding the Putnams pressure relief cushions....with some ladies liking the Putnams 'bony parts' cushion and another lady called Jess who liked the Putnams 'Dr Huff' cushion a lot. (I tried to post a link to the two cushions but I understand that as I'm a new member I can't post links for 7 days - however, they're both on the Putnams' website under 'pressure relief cushions' if anyone wants to take a look.)

Any further views/experiences with these cushions would be gratefully received....I'm also not sure what depth of cushion to go for, i.e. the 3" or 4" of either of the two cushions.....The intention is for the cushion to be as portable as possible for me use it at hospital and GP appointments etc.  (Whereas at home I'm on a bed for most of the day due to my vulvodynia and fibromyalgia plus chronic fatigue.)

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.  (Any other new cushion ideas also gratefully received Very Happy )

Fielder

Fielder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Putnams 'bony parts' cushion or Putnams 'Dr Huff' cushion - which is best?

Post  Fielder on Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:31 pm

I didn't get any replies re the Putnams cushions...So I just took a chance and ordered one; and it's really good.

I sent for the Dr Huff cushion because the cut out in it was smaller than in the Bony Parts cushion - I decided that to save money I could cut into the foam and make the hole larger and the same shape as the hole in the Bony Parts cushion if necessary.  I haven't needed to alter it though.

I bought the smaller of the two sizes available and opted for the 3" thickness; the 4" thick version would probably raise me up too high for most chairs in hospital and doctors' waiting rooms I think, although I do think the 4" might be even more comfortable and could be good on an armchair.

Putnams are in the UK but also ship to many parts of the world to include the USA http://putnams.co.uk/collections/pressure-relief/products/sero-pressure-cushion-dr-huff-cut-out  (All of their cushions with the various placed cut outs are shown at the bottom of the webpage - to include one that has a cut out for the coccyx.)

Last edited by Fielder on Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fielder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PainBlogger on Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:56 pm

Good to know. Thanks for the info Smile

PainBlogger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fielder on Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:06 pm

You're welcome Smile

Fielder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PainBlogger on Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:04 am

I decided to order one of these cushions (the same one as you, Fielder, 3 inches, standard, Dr Huff). At the moment I use a ring cushion when I have to sit on a hard chair that I can't slouch in (which is only for the occasional meal out or in other people's houses). The ring cushion isn't quite the right shape and leaves me with sore thighs. Hopefully this one will spread the pressure more evenly. I like the fact that it comes with a discreet cover.

PainBlogger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fielder on Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:13 am

Hi PB

I've only just seen that Putnams do a version that's shaped for office type chairs which comes with the cut out shape of the buyer's choice (or no cut out at all if wished) http://putnams.co.uk/collections/pressure-relief/products/sero-pressure-office-cushion  I'm thinking of buying one with the Dr Huff cut out to use in the car as I think it will fit the seat better.  

I really hope it helps you PB.  Cushions aren't a 'one size fits all' but I've found this one good and have read elsewhere that others with vulvodynia and pudendal nerve neuralgia have too.

Fielder

Fielder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PainBlogger on Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:36 pm

My cushion has arrived. I'm really impressed with the delivery speed, packaging and discreetness of the supplied cover, which means the cut out isn't obvious unless the cushion is held up close or sat on (obviously!). Very Happy

I definitely think it will be kinder on the backs of my legs/pelvis. I'll try it out properly next week when out for a meal. The integral air pockets surface texture may take a bit of getting used to but I can see how it lets air circulate and won't be so hot as foam can be otherwise. I assume the bumpy eggbox type side is supposed to be uppermost?

PainBlogger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fielder on Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:02 pm

Hi PB,

Yes the bumpy 'eggbox' side does go uppermost - I'm finding that the eggbox undulations help spread my weight and thus the pressure - a bit like castellated foam does on mattresses and cushions used for pressure/bed sores.  This illustrates what I mean re 'castellations', in case you haven't come across them before : http://directhealthcareservices.co.uk/products/dyna-pad-cushion

I hope you find it good and you enjoy your meal out.  I wouldn't be without my 'Dr Huff' now Smile

Fielder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fielder on Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:22 pm

Just thought I'd post a general follow up to say that a few weeks back I bought another Putnams Dr Huff cushion to use as a spare and ordered the 4" thick one (instead of another 3") and I'm finding it to be even more comfortable.  I don't think that any cushion is going to be perfect for this **** condition or, for that matter, suit everyone - not in my experience anyway - but I've found the Dr Huff cut out cushion to be pretty good for my vulvodynia (my pain being midline running from vagina to clitoris - excuse the detail, but I thought I'd mention the latter just in case it helps anyone decide whether or not a Dr Huff cushion might be right for them).

Last edited by Fielder on Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fielder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PainBlogger on Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:56 pm

Good to hear some feedback and that you're getting on well with the 4" cushion. I'll add that I've used mine (the thinner version) a few more times since I last posted, and it's a lot more comfortable than the doughnut cushion I had before Smile

PainBlogger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fielder on Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:08 pm

That's good to know, PB - so glad it's of help Very Happy

Fielder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top