Log in

I forgot my password

Latest topics
I'm new to this forum and would love some advice! :)

Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:13 am by anikita

Hi lovely gals!

I'm honestly hoping to get any bit of advice anyone might have to offer. I go from bouts of sobbing hysterically in my boyfriend's arms to feeling confident that I can beat this.

I haven't been actually diagnosed with vulvodynia but EVERYTHING under the sun has come back negative. I started having sex 4 years ago after starting Lo Loestrin, with my first and current boyfriend …

Comments: 1

I'M NEW - Do I listen to my gyno who I feel has it wrong?

Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:17 pm by Tunes25

Hello!

I am a 25 year old woman and wanted to share my story here as I feel frustrated by the suggestions of my gyno and am hoping for some advice.

To give the context for this: in September 2016 I moved in with my long term boyfriend after living abroad a year and (nearly) abstaining from sex. Within a few weeks I had got a yeast infection which I treated myself successfully, but then 2 weeks …

Comments: 8

Gabapentin Gel. or other topical creams

Thu May 10, 2018 9:43 am by Rosie21

Hi I have been suffering for some years with this abominable pain. I have tried most of the systemic drugs , I asked specialists and Doctors if I could at least try a topical treatment but because this requires a special prescription have been refused Has anybody had a chance of trying these? Thank you I will try to put a link on to some of the research into Gabapentin Gel. Thanks.

Comments: 1

What has been helping ME (much less pain over time!!)

Wed May 16, 2018 3:43 am by leoscc

Hello everyone! I vanished for quite some time as my life became consumed by not only this but other daily responsibilities as well. Shortly after my diagnosis, my boyfriend f 3 years left me as he did not want to deal with this. It left me broken for a while but also gave me time to figure out what the heck was going on. So, I will write out a quick list of my symptoms and what helped me.

1. I …

Comments: 0

I cured myself 100% of vulvodynia twenty years ago--I hope this helps someone

Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:33 pm by totallycured

Hi,

Every so often I'm reminded of the constant, persistent, horrible pain I was in two decades ago, and I reach out to try to help others who are suffering. If someone had offered me a solution during that terrible time, I'd have jumped at it. I hope this helps someone.

Yes, I did have terrible vulvodynia. It felt like someone poured acid all over my vulva. My doctor confirmed it and was …

Comments: 4

Condoms Less Painful?

Mon May 07, 2018 3:35 am by stillinpain

I'm just curious, has anyone found using condoms to be less abrasive to the skin than without? I just got off birth control and haven't stretched myself out enough post surgery to try sex yet, but when I do I am wondering how trying it with condoms with affect the sensation. I feel like for me the skin to skin sensation creates pain, not just at my entrance but internally, too, since I also have …

Comments: 0

Will there be an end?

Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:06 am by Krista2828

I go in and out of being okay and not being okay with this condition. I question often why me? I am a problem solver by nature and I feel so defeated that after tons of research and trial and error and doctors and tears that there still is no answer.

I am in my 20's.. it shouldn't be this way.

Id love to know what all has worked! I am willing to try anything to get my life back. I am curious …

Comments: 6

you can be healed so easy and quite fast.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:46 pm by pussycat

Hello everyone,
i am new to this forum. I wanted to share my personal "journey" with V with you and to give you a real hope you can be totally healed/recovered from V. Many years ago i was struck with V, it was painful and got worst and worst, eventually i could not sit, could not stand, could not walk, could not swim in a swimming pool anymore. I was becoming bedridden, it frightened …

Comments: 4

Hi Im from Australia :)

Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:08 am by emma

Hi girls... I live in Australia.
I am currently undergoing a new treatment for vulvodynia. Just wondering if anyone else here has tried it. It's Endep in the form of cream to apply directly on the area. I dont know if anyone else has tried this but so far evidently it has had a 50% success rate.
Anyway i feel at a loss. This new treatment is exciting but at the same time i just dont feel like …

Comments: 35


Can discharge cause vulvadynia

Go down

Can discharge cause vulvadynia

Post  Casscass09 on Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:57 pm

Can vulvoadyna cause weird discharge?
I had a lot of yeast infections/ bv awhile back and after I got rid of it I still had pain with peeing and vulva pain. I've noticed for awhile I've had a lot of discharge whenever I get it looked at, they comment I do have lots of discharge but after all my tests come back negative the doctor never questions the discharge.

Casscass09

Posts : 6
Join date : 2016-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can discharge cause vulvadynia

Post  emalita on Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:17 pm

I guess it all depends on what your discharge is like and what all your symptoms are. Desquamative inflammatory vaginitis and inflammatory vaginitis can cause excessive discharge but so can infections and STDs. I have IV, but excessive discharge was never a huge issue for me. The specialist I see believes that a lot of vulvovaginal pain is caused by the discharge from an unhealthy flora (e.g. high white blood cell count, low lactobacillus, etc.), and he says the discharge in a way burns the inner labia and vestibule (including the urethra).

Vulvodynia isn't a single disease/condition for everyone. The diagnosis literally means "chronic vulvar pain without an identifiable cause". So, can vulvodynia cause discharge? Well, it all depends on what the true cause of your pain is.

Sorry, that probably wasn't the response you were hoping for. Just know that it took about 11 different specialists before I got my diagnosis because not all providers are trained or have the testing to be able to diagnose DIV or IV. I'm not saying you have either condition, but don't let doctors tell you there isn't anything wrong when you clearly know there is...especially when most doctors seem to only look for yeast, BV, and STDs. Our lady bits are far more complex than that Wink

emalita

Posts : 221
Join date : 2016-03-29
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can discharge cause vulvadynia

Post  Casscass09 on Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:37 pm

emalita wrote:I guess it all depends on what your discharge is like and what all your symptoms are. Desquamative inflammatory vaginitis and inflammatory vaginitis can cause excessive discharge but so can infections and STDs. I have IV, but excessive discharge was never a huge issue for me. The specialist I see believes that a lot of vulvovaginal pain is caused by the discharge from an unhealthy flora (e.g. high white blood cell count, low lactobacillus, etc.), and he says the discharge in a way burns the inner labia and vestibule (including the urethra).

Vulvodynia isn't a single disease/condition for everyone. The diagnosis literally means "chronic vulvar pain without an identifiable cause". So, can vulvodynia cause discharge? Well, it all depends on what the true cause of your pain is.

Sorry, that probably wasn't the response you were hoping for. Just know that it took about 11 different specialists before I got my diagnosis because not all providers are trained or have the testing to be able to diagnose DIV or IV. I'm not saying you have either condition, but don't let doctors tell you there isn't anything wrong when you clearly know there is...especially when most doctors seem to only look for yeast, BV, and STDs. Our lady bits are far more complex than that Wink

Thank you!! I'm looking into another Gyno. The one I have now never brought it up, I had to mention it. Then all she did was refer me to physical therapy. Which I'm still gonna do, but she never tried anything else. So I feel like she probably doesn't know much.

Casscass09

Posts : 6
Join date : 2016-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can discharge cause vulvadynia

Post  emalita on Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:50 pm

Where do you live? If you're in the U.S., my specialist is in AZ (Fowler Gyn International). He doesn't have the greatest bedside manner, but he does have special testing available that most doctors don't have (getting a diagnosis is half the battle Smile ). Plus, he's a lot cheaper to see than a lot of doctors.

emalita

Posts : 221
Join date : 2016-03-29
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can discharge cause vulvadynia

Post  Casscass09 on Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:58 pm

emalita wrote:Where do you live? If you're in the U.S., my specialist is in AZ (Fowler Gyn International). He doesn't have the greatest bedside manner, but he does have special testing available that most doctors don't have (getting a diagnosis is half the battle Smile ). Plus, he's a lot cheaper to see than a lot of doctors.

Sadly, I don't live near there. Hopefully I can find someone good around me. Another question, is it possible for vulvadynia to cause burning with uranation? I thought it might be IC at first but I went to the urologist And she gave me pyridum for the burning. After that it went away for some reason like for 4 months and the when I tried to have sex it came right back. Don't know if that has anything to do with vulvadynia or not?

Casscass09

Posts : 6
Join date : 2016-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can discharge cause vulvadynia

Post  emalita on Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:50 pm

Well, just remember that the diagnosis of vulvodynia simply means you have unexplained vulvar pain...it is a diagnosis of a symptom, not a disease (similar to being diagnosed with a headache - a headache is a symptom, not the root cause of the pain, which may be stress, hunger, hormone fluctuations, etc.). Some women have vulvar pain that is caused by nerve issues, some have pelvic floor dysfunction, some have unidentified environmental sensitivities, etc. Below are some links that talk more about it:

http://goaskalice.columbia.edu/answered-questions/what-vulvodynia-and-vulvular-vestibulitis
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14756898
http://www.nva.org/what-is-vulvodynia/what-causes-vulvodynia/

So, depending on what the cause of your pain is, you may experience burning with urination. Since this pain only returns when you try to have sex, are you making sure your partner is using only hypoallergenic products since their skin is coming into contact with you? Do you use condoms or a lubricant that you could have developed a sensitivity to? Do you make sure to urinate immediately after having sex? You may be getting frequent UTIs. Some women find they can prevent sex-related UTIs by using a supplement called D-Mannose before and/or after sex. That may be something to look into for you.

emalita

Posts : 221
Join date : 2016-03-29
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can discharge cause vulvadynia

Post  Casscass09 on Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:14 pm

emalita wrote:Well, just remember that the diagnosis of vulvodynia simply means you have unexplained vulvar pain...it is a diagnosis of a symptom, not a disease (similar to being diagnosed with a headache - a headache is a symptom, not the root cause of the pain, which may be stress, hunger, hormone fluctuations, etc.). Some women have vulvar pain that is caused by nerve issues, some have pelvic floor dysfunction, some have unidentified environmental sensitivities, etc. Below are some links that talk more about it:

http://goaskalice.columbia.edu/answered-questions/what-vulvodynia-and-vulvular-vestibulitis
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14756898
http://www.nva.org/what-is-vulvodynia/what-causes-vulvodynia/

So, depending on what the cause of your pain is, you may experience burning with urination. Since this pain only returns when you try to have sex, are you making sure your partner is using only hypoallergenic products since their skin is coming into contact with you? Do you use condoms or a lubricant that you could have developed a sensitivity to? Do you make sure to urinate immediately after having sex? You may be getting frequent UTIs. Some women find they can prevent sex-related UTIs by using a supplement called D-Mannose before and/or after sex. That may be something to look into for you.
I'm using non lube condoms with a 3 ingredient lube because I suspect that regular lube is what what causing my bv. I pee after sex and already use d-mannose before and after. It's not utis, I've gotten tested about 6 times. Nothing's come up. when I went to Gyno she told me that my muscles are very tight near the opening Could that be PFD?

Casscass09

Posts : 6
Join date : 2016-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can discharge cause vulvadynia

Post  emalita on Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:16 pm

It certainly could be PFD, but it may not be either. When I'm able to maintain relief sometime in the future, my specialist said I will need to start dialator therapy since I haven't had sex in over a year, which has resulted in tightening of my vaginal opening, and it will also "reintroduce" me to penetration again prior to actually having sex. So, I guess what I'm trying to get at is not all tightness is PFD.

However, the good thing about PFD is that treatments for it are not something that would harm you if you wanted to go down that route (unlike, for example, thinking it's a chronic infection and treating it with antibiotics, which can cause harm). I believe there are some books out there that allow you to try dialator therapy at home. Hopefully one of the ladies on the forum who have used at home treatments can comment on a good book.

Otherwise, seeing a pelvic floor physical therapist would be a great place to start if you suspect PFD.

emalita

Posts : 221
Join date : 2016-03-29
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can discharge cause vulvadynia

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum