I forgot my password

Latest topics
Anyone have pain with urination?

Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:35 pm by mertzwl

Hi everyone - I can't believe I've been dealing with this for almost 10 years and an appointment scheduler at a urogyn office is the one to suggest I look into vulvodynia. Honestly, I don't care, I just thankful I might have an answer.

I have pain in one specific spot right around the urethral opening so it always coincides with urinating (it's not a uti). Does anyone else deal with pain …

Comments: 6

Diagnosed recently, looking for advice

Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:51 am by Cloudberry

Hi everyone,

I'm so glad I found this forum! I was diagnosed with vulvodynia/vulvar vestibulitis (still not sure about the difference between all the different terms) a couple of months ago and I could do with some advice. This is probably going to be a lot of text because I just want to get everything off my chest, so please bear with me.

I’m a woman in my late 20s. Before getting diagnosed …

Comments: 4

From a concerned husband

Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:45 pm by ConcernedYorkieHubby

Hello everyone,

This is probably a little unconventional, but I’m a man who is here because his wife has been diagnosed with vulvodynia. The poor girl has been suffering with vulva pain for around 10 years now, and I’ve been by her side through the pain and tears and doctors misunderstandings the whole way, and we’re both exhausted and terrified by the whole experience.

I’m sure a lot …

Comments: 4

Had this for 5 years, looking for people who understand

Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:46 pm by blackberrie

Hey all. I'm really struggling to find anyone in real life who can really understand what I'm going through. I've had vestibulodynia for 5 years now and I'm single. Obviously it has completely affected how I approach dating and sex and the fact that I can't really talk to people irl about it has made me feel very lonely. I've found that a lot of the women who have this problem are married and …

Comments: 2

6 year sufferer but I’ve found some hope

Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:33 am by Npage14

Hey, ladies! I’m new to this support group, I’ve thought about doing something like this for a while so I wanted to try this out! I’ve had vulvodynia for 6 years now, I am self diagnosed. I’m 20 now and the pain started when I had my first encounter with sexual contact when I was 14(I still remained a virgin though it was fingering). For a couple years the pain was so bad I could hardly …

Comments: 0

Hurting, Burning, Itching, and Worn Out

Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:55 pm by donnambr

This vulvodynia that I'm currently suffering with is so cruel. I hurt, I burn, I itch. When I first got this several years ago, before the internet, I though I was the only one with this awful disorder. Doctors couldn't figure it out. I felt so alone and devastated. Somehow it disappeared for a few years and now I'm suffering again. This dreaded V misery is back and I feel like I will be with …

Comments: 5

Hi girls! New in this forum

Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:31 pm by Gaby

Hi everyone!

Also joining the V club, Here my story:

It all started last year in september with a very bad throat infection for which i had to take antibiotics for about a month. This cause several yeast infections (candidia albicans).... one after the other!. I had them every month from october 2017 till march 2018. During this period i use an incredible amount of anti-fungal creams and …

Comments: 1

Newbie and feeling helpless

Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:52 pm by Taylor1

Hi, I found out a few weeks ago that I have this condition, started off at the end of April as a uti took strong antibiotics then got a thrush infection and now this.. My doctor has tried me on amitriptyline and gabipentin and both made me so poorly I couldn't take it plus I have seen what long use of these drugs has done to my mom for pain and its not good. I am using coconut oil which does …

Comments: 3

I'm new to this forum and would love some advice! :)

Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:13 am by anikita

Hi lovely gals!

I'm honestly hoping to get any bit of advice anyone might have to offer. I go from bouts of sobbing hysterically in my boyfriend's arms to feeling confident that I can beat this.

I haven't been actually diagnosed with vulvodynia but EVERYTHING under the sun has come back negative. I started having sex 4 years ago after starting Lo Loestrin, with my first and current boyfriend …

Comments: 6

My vulvodynia Story!

Go down

My vulvodynia Story!

Post  StellaLuna on Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:21 pm

Hello to all!

I am new to this forum and I would like to share my story with you all! First of all I would like to say that it is the first time after 2,5 years that I have vulvodynia that I feel that there are people who can understand me. It is very important to me.

Two and a half years ago I took antibiotics and after 4 days I felt itcing in my vagina. I called my gynecologist who gave me suppositories and a cream for yeast infection, although everthing went well with the suppositoties the last day of my therapy, I begin to have terrible burning sensation from the cream. I called my doctor again who gave me another therapy for yeast infection because he thougt that there was an persistence infection. My tragedy started. I took the therapy an every day I was even worst. The tests I did was all clean but the syptoms was there. Ι had around 4 tests and the last one was finally positive at yeast infection. I took the therapy but after that there was no relief for me. I was feeling that every cream and suppository made me even worse. My doctor told me that propably I was allergic to drugs and I should stop everything and try only lactobacillus oraly and vaginally. Nothing happend. I changed doctor who gaved me another therapy for yeast infection and vaginal washes. Finally with all these creams, suppositories and vaginal washes, I destroyed my flora. In all these time (2-3 months) I had around 10 tests and all were clear. I changed doctor again who after 2-3 tests and visits diagnosed me with bacterial vaginosis (probably because of the bad flora). I took antibiotics but again with no relief.

Not to expatiate a year passed with visits at my gynecologist, test which some of them where positive at bacterial vaginosis but most of them negative and myself with not a single day of relief. Burning, soreness and itching were there every day. But something came to make things even worst: pain at urination and frequent urination. I had an homeopathy therapy, reflexology, I visited a dermatologist, a physiatrist and finally an psychiatrist. All with no result. I was in panic, my life have been destroying, I had no social life, I became hypochondriacal because I thought that all these bacteria are responsible for my situation and not to mention my sex life, which bacame a permanet anxiety for me.

However I didnt give up. I made urine tests (which were clear) and after 2 unsuccessful visits to urologists who they simply gave my a therapy of 6 months antibiotics, I finally found this holy man: an urologist who after a lot of tests diagnosed me with chronic pelvic pain and talked to me about interstitial cystitis and vulvodynia. My life is much better now, I take some pills for urination, amitriplyline, I use rephresh which I found very helpful, I wash only with baby shower gel, I wear cotton underweare, rarely trousers and I am able to have sex but not very often. I have my bad days and good days, try to live with that and live normal as far as I can.

I apologise for the big post and for my english. I am from Greece.

Love to all and courage xx

StellaLuna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My vulvodynia Story!

Post  PainBlogger on Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:02 am

Good to hear that your symptoms have improved. (And your English is excellent.) The most important thing one can do for oneself with this condition is to not give up!

PainBlogger

View user profile

Back to top Go down