I forgot my password

Newly diagnosed

Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:37 pm by Brevispink

Hello everyone. I have recently been diagnosed with unprovoked vulvodynia and would really appreciate some advice and support. I have had a chronic urine infection for 16 months and was on antibiotics for 9 of those months. I have been very uncomfortable for the entire time, but now I have absolutely unbearable stinging and burning all day with itching too. The infection has just about gone, …

Comments: 6

Recent "Poke" Pain - So Confused/Losing My Mind

Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:26 am by kelseybeth23

Long Story, but I am losing my mind and getting really depressed, so if I tell the full story maybe someone can help me.

Back in August I started to get an itch down there. Normally, in the past, when this would happen, I would change the way I wore my clothes, take more baths instead of showers, and use Monistat. This time, after about two weeks of no relief, I started to get concerned. I was …

Comments: 5

Does anyone else experience this?

Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:21 pm by Angelmegs

Hi— im new here. Im incredibly desperate so if anyone has any suggestions i would greatly appreciate it. Im a 20 year old female with vulvodynia and vaginismus. I was on the birth control pill (junel fe lo estrin) from age 13-18 because of severe menstrual pain. I used the xulane patch for a few months when i was 18 but eventually stopped BC altogether because it interferes with my med for …

Comments: 0

Post Full Vestibulectomy - 5 Years Later - Please Read

Tue May 02, 2017 6:18 pm by jen007

Hi All,

It's been awhile since I've written a new topic on the forum. Wondering if any of the same ladies are still here. I've come back to update you all on my post vestibulectomy results. I can't remember if I've done an update on my current state, so forgive me if this is repeated information... I can't remember how to view my old posts! Anyway, let me get on with my update.

For 4 years post …

Comments: 4

Do you ever worry that you're making it up?

Fri May 27, 2016 6:50 am by Lucci

Hello,

I was diagnosed with Vaginismus and Vulvar Vestibulitis 10 years ago. I was 18 and scared and moving across the country for college, but luckily was able to find a doctor who specialized in 'Women's Health' who immediately put me into physical therapy. Long story short, I've been in and out of the system ever since.

A few years into treatment, I had the diagnosis of PTSD added on for …

Comments: 7

Clitoris Issues

Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:17 pm by January

I am going crazyyy trying to figure out what's wrong. Please does anyone else have an issue similar to mine? I'm only 22. So, basically when my clit is lightly rubbed, there is no feeling. However, when rubbed vigorously and directly, the burning and tingling sensations shoot down my legs and feet as if coming to the end of an orgasm but with no good feeling leading up. It's so strange. What …

Comments: 2

Cured of Vulvodynia

Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:39 am by angelique2016

I used to post on this forum a long time ago and told everyone of how I was cured of my vulvodynia by a (Melbourne Australia) female dermatologist, she put me on very low doses of Nortriptyline (Allergron) for pain management about 10mgs I believe it was, and she also had me use Advantan Fatty Ointment (not the cream) (although I saw the cream for sale on ebay from germany) so it might help, as …

Comments: 10

Vulvodynia and IVF? Anyone done this? What does it do to the vulvadynia?

Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:03 am by Carolyn4

Hi everyone,

I have had vulvodynia since age 27--I am now 43 and it has been in pretty good remission.  I control it with acupuncture and herbs, and some cranial sacral therapy.  I have a 5 year old, had a pretty uneventful pregnancy which ended in a c-section.  My VV worsened after that, and I have worked hard to get it back under control (it took over a year to get it back into pretty good …

Comments: 1

Partial Vestibulectomy

Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:44 pm by JGD13

Hi all i am new here.
I had a partial vestibulectomy 21/7 for my provoked vulvodynia.
After a painful few days and feeling quite uncomfortable it seemed to get better. 1 week after i noticed some white stuff and gloopy discharge, it wasnt smelly or itchy but i got a check up at the gp surgery and the doctor said the stitches looked fine and i could just have a touch of thrush. He said this is …

Comments: 6

A sort of success story and then not

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A sort of success story and then not

Post  Graceface on Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:09 pm

Hey everyone
Hi
So before I start I should explain that my vagina and I do not get along, like all of us here it's the 'problem' area. I've had Vaginismus and vulvudynia since I was 24 and it seemed I couldn't have sex at all. Anyway low and behold I met a new partner at 31 I might add, so there's been a big gap of not doing anything sexual and we managed to have sex on two separate occasions. I was so happy to actually feel normal for once. I'm sure many of us can relate, it was literally so lovely, I could have cried. I just thought that was it for me....and then we actually managed to do something everyone else takes for granted!
Everything was fine at first because we used organic lubricant and condoms but after 2 weeks I've developed awful thrush that just won't clear. It's making me really depressed. Surely it would have developed sooner if it was realated to me having sex? Anyone have any ideas?

Graceface

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A sort of success story and then not

Post  emalita on Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:43 pm

Hi,

Are you completely sure it's thrush? A test at the doctor's office came back positive?

The reason I ask is that a lot of women with vulvovaginal issues think they have an incurable yeast infection when that's not the case, and yeast creams will just make the issue worse.

I hope you find relief soon sunny

emalita

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Graceface on Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:58 am

Hey, thanks for replying. Well, I had a swab taken on Saturday and the DR said it very much looks like thrush...apart from STIs is there something vulvudynia related it could be then?

Graceface

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  emalita on Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:05 am

Unfortunately just because something looks or feels like thrush, it doesn't mean that it is thrush, but if you're convinced it is, I would highly recommend only using the anti yeast/thrush pill for treatment and not creams/vaginal products. They are horribly irritating, and many of us, including myself, have had lasting pain from the creams.

Vulvodynia is different for everyone. Depending on your symptoms, it could be anything from a product sensitivity (e.g. condoms, soap, lube, laundry detergent, shampoo, etc.) to overactive nerves. Even if some women have similar symptoms, the cause could vary greatly.

What are your specific symptoms (internal burning, vulvar itching, vulvar swelling, etc.)?
Are they worse at any particular time (e.g. penetration, urination, before your period, etc.)?
What have you tried so far to find relief either vaginally, on the vulva, or orally?
What have you actually been tested for (e.g. BV, yeast, STDs, etc.)?

I'm not a doctor, but my best advice is to stop everything, especially if you are still using vaginal treatments. I've found that I've made the most significant progress when I stopped adding irritating products to my vulva and vagina.

emalita

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Graceface on Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:09 am

Hi
Wow thanks so much for trying to help, it's very kind of you. Yeah, I think I'm going to wait and see what the swab results are, the DR said she was reluctant to put me through anything else until she gets the results of those back. To be honest, I've had this for a long time now (probably always had it) and so it hadn't flared for a long time. There is a bit of soreness inside my vagina but mostly its external it itching and soreness...including just this weekend my inner thighs :-/ ....I don't think it was the penetration that made it flare because it about 2 weeks later that this started and afterwards I was sore (I could tell something had been inside)but then it settled down. I do feel better since taking the second oral pill. Thanks for the advice about the cream - I'll stop using that.

Graceface

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Coop on Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:23 pm

Graceface wrote:Hey, thanks for replying. Well, I had a swab taken on Saturday and the DR said it very much looks like thrush...apart from STIs is there something vulvudynia related it could be then?

I have had a gp carry out a swab and tell me she was so sure I had thrush she wasn't even going to send it off, and yet it came back negative - it seems to be a symptom for some of us, that we get a thrush-like discharge. I would stop treatment until you get your results, or only take an oral thrush treatment.

Silly as it sounds, but could you be allergic to his shower gel or hand soap? Maybe ask him to use bbrands you know you're alright with?

Coop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Graceface on Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:03 pm

Coop wrote:
Graceface wrote:Hey, thanks for replying. Well, I had a swab taken on Saturday and the DR said it very much looks like thrush...apart from STIs is there something vulvudynia related it could be then?

I have had a gp carry out a swab and tell me she was so sure I had thrush she wasn't even going to send it off, and yet it came back negative - it seems to be a symptom for some of us, that we get a thrush-like discharge. I would stop treatment until you get your results, or only take an oral thrush treatment.

Silly as it sounds, but could you be allergic to his shower gel or hand soap? Maybe ask him to use bbrands you know you're alright with?

Hello Smile

That is very interesting as I've been sure I've had thrush before and have it come back negative, but that was with a self test, so I assumed I'd done it wrong...Hmmm, maybe it is that then? I am also super stressed out with other stuff at the moment and so I'm going to wait and see what the test said but maybe it's all causing a massive flare up Sad Sad Rolling Eyes

Yeah, I guess I could be, anything is worth a shot isn't it...I'm doing the Candida diet again now...ie: no sugar at all and hardly anything you can eat (not even peas!! - peas?!) so going to see if that helps....

Graceface

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  emalita on Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:17 pm

I know how horribly stressful this can all be. Try to be kind to yourself while healing. Sometimes we just need to get out of our own way to find lasting relief. I know that my issue was extremely exacerbated because of the treatments my doctor and I threw at it.

Soaking in a nice warm epsom salt bath can help provide temporary relief, but avoid the scented epsom salts!

emalita

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Coop on Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:44 am

Graceface wrote:

That is very interesting as I've been sure I've had thrush before and have it come back negative, but that was with a self test, so I assumed I'd done it wrong...Hmmm, maybe it is that then? I am also super stressed out with other stuff at the moment and so I'm going to wait and see what the test said but maybe it's all causing a massive flare up  Sad Sad Rolling Eyes

Yeah, I guess I could be, anything is worth a shot isn't it...I'm doing the Candida diet again now...ie: no sugar at all and hardly anything you can eat (not even peas!! - peas?!) so going to see if that helps....

The interesting bit was that about 4 years later, I went to a new gynae, she also said I had thrush and told me to use a treatment, only for the test to come back negative again.... I don't think there is harm in a candida diet or the epsom salt suggestion - there are no chemicals to cause any side-effect!

Coop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WaahwaahUK on Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:45 pm

I would agree on being very cautious using thrush creams! I had various ointments thrown at me which all exacerbated the problem! If in doubt, take the oral thrush pill, and then be gentle with yourself. I'm sure mine was never thrush and my skin reacted so badly to the creams.

WaahwaahUK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top