Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:15 am by Silvergirl

» New to the group
Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:52 pm by canuck girl

» Pain has destroyed our sex life
Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:01 pm by Scotland1984

» Four months of significant improvement
Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:08 pm by PainBlogger

Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:37 pm by Lisa1627

Hi ladies. I am new to the forum. I have had what I think is vulvodynia caused from hsv 2. So not only do I have the burning vag but the constant feeling of being contagious. I can honestly say that I hate my life and myself right now. There are days when I think I would rather be dead. I tried the amitryptline and it helped but if it's only making my brain think I don't have pain then it's …

Comments: 0

Cured of Vulvodynia

Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:39 am by angelique2016

I used to post on this forum a long time ago and told everyone of how I was cured of my vulvodynia by a (Melbourne Australia) female dermatologist, she put me on very low doses of Nortriptyline (Allergron) for pain management about 10mgs I believe it was, and she also had me use Advantan Fatty Ointment (not the cream) (although I saw the cream for sale on ebay from germany) so it might help, as …

Comments: 9

New to the group

Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:52 pm by canuck girl

Hi Everyone
I found the site tonight, and am so pleased I did, I hadn't realised it was such  a problem, and I for one am grateful that the group exists. I recently had a really awful , well the worst one I had ever had UTI, after 4 days of antibiotics it should have cleared though. i now had this awful feeling, and sensations, very sore, burning, some strange sensations I have  that  are hard …

How do you live with this?

Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:15 am by Persevere1990

Hi everyone,

It's great to see there is a support network here... I was diagnosed a few weeks ago and have started nightly treatment with lidocaine cream one week ago. Not noticing any difference yet.

I notice I get flare ups throughout the day, typically after peeing, showering, walking and when I'm stressed. I'm pretty sure my vulvodynia was caused by nerve damage due to a bad case of thrush …

Comments: 2

Male visitor

Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:19 pm by outsider

Hello!

I am a 25 year old guy who has erectile dysfunction following an injury a few years ago. I am here because I think that men and women with sexual dysfunction could benefit from dating each other. My experience has been that women have lost interest when they found out that penetrative sex was not possible with me.
So I am interested in learning more about female sexual disorders. Do young …

Comments: 1

Has anyone tried Reflexology as a treatment

Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:54 pm by Roselilyflower

Hi there everyone, I was diagnosed with vulvodynia about 5 months ago. It all started as an allergic reaction to some thrush cream I used to treat a yeast infection which I got agter a heafty load of antibiotics. I have been tested umteen times for herpes etc and I am all clear which is reassuring but still depressing as Inwas not sure what the hell was going on, then finally I was given an …

Comments: 3

I just found this site tonight

Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:35 am by surprisemom44

Hello all,

I just found this site tonight. I am on my fourth round of antibiotics in a row since Nov. But honestly, have been having the pain, itching, burning for years. I had never heard of this condition until tonight and have not been diagnosed but I feel it has to be what I have. I had my first encounter with burning, itching, pain when I was 12! My mom tried to get me to douche! I had …

Comments: 1

Pain following a vaginal cyst procedure a year ago.

Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:22 pm by crackleberry

Hi everyone, I'm sorry this is going to be long, but please listen and help if you can. I am a 17 year old girl. In february of 2016 I had a mass protruding from my vagina, I went to the er, they didn't know what kind of cyst it was but they did an incision and drainage and put a word catheter in to help the cyst drain. During the procedure I had a sharp pain from where she cut me, but once it …

New here- please help

Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:49 am by 1989SBSC

I've been reading these forums for the past year or more and have never posted anything online like this before. I'm overwhelmed and don't even know where to start. Up until a couple years ago, I never had any urinary tract/vaginal problems. Sex (intercourse) always felt good, and I didn't notice any burning feelings in my vagina or urethra. Then, I lived abroad for a year in a hot, tropical …

Comments: 2

New Member Need Advise!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Member Need Advise!

Post  Julie326 on Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:51 am

Hi!

I have been suffering with Vulvodynia since 2013 when I was 21. Had previously not had any problems down there other then the occasional yeast infection. It started in 2012 when I was put on Beyaz birth control. After a couple months on bc, I got a kidney/bladder infection that lasted for 5 months. First one in my life! Was placed on Bactrim (didn't work) and Cipro numerous times. My Gyn finally gave me a 20 day supply of Cipro that did finally get rid of the infection. During the last course of Cipro I started getting the signs of Vulvodynia starting around my anus. I also want to mention during these 5 months I was also getting recurrent yeast infections from the antibiotics. I was prescribed the standard Diflucan for that along with getting otc Monistat. After visiting my Gyn and telling her the syptoms, she referred me to a Urogynecologist. He asked me questions and did the Q-Tip test which did not cause pain. He also told me my pelvis was normal. I was prescribed cream compound of Amitriptyline with Baclofen to apply when needed. The cream gave instant relief. I was pretty much symptom free for 2 years! I was able to wear jeans, sit for as long as I wanted and have sex. It was great! I started to forget that I had Vulvodynia until September 2015 when I got Bacterial Vaginosis and haven't been right ever since. Went back to the Urogynecologist who told me to keep applying the cream (still am) and to take birth control (no way!). I found a doctor in the next state over who specializes in Vulvar pain and she prescribed me oral Amitriptyline low dose. I took that for 4 days and had a panic attack (didn't see any difference in pain, maybe too soon?). Then we tried the lowest dose possible of Gabapentin, took for 1 day and it was horrible, could not remember a thing. The doctor wanted to keep pushing medication which I'm now scared to death of so I stopped going there. I'm now trying physical therapy, on my 3rd week, not sure if it's helping or not but I'm doing the exercises everyday. I am wondering what to try next? My sypmtoms are confusing and contradictory. Usually I am in no pain during my period but sometimes it makes it worse. All other days I'm in pain except during the few days of ovulation. Standing up and laying down feels ok, sitting for the most part feels bad. My Vulvodynia is good in the morning and gets worse towards the end of the day. It's not affecting my sleep, but it's hard to wake up knowing I'm going to be in pain that day. Tampons don't hurt nor does sex. However, a day or so after sex I get flare ups that can last for months. Also I'm still getting sharp pains in my anus. Pretty much get pain all over down there.. One of my doctors thought it was from nerve damage hurting my tail bone 15 years ago, but I'm not too sure, why would it start now? I've been putting coconut oil on, it's not helping though. I think I'm going to try shaving a little down there even though it hurts so my compound cream can reach my skin better. I do oatmeal sitz baths once in a while and while in gives me relief, the pain always comes right back. I'm seeing my Urogynecologist next week and would like to be able to give him recommendations on things to try. Thing is I don't want to try something that isn't worth it because it costs a lot of money for testing with my insurance! I'm trying to narrow this down between nerve damage, hormones, yeast, etc..? I've been thinking of Acupuncture but am a little skeptical. Any advise? This all feels like a bad dream that I can't wake up from!

Julie326

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Member Need Advise!

Post  PainBlogger on Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:23 pm

I've found acupuncture helpful. It's been expensive though and I'm not sure how effective it would have been if I wasn't on duloxetine and had had physiotherapy too.

If you go here: http://vulvodyniasupport.forumotion.net/t2291-four-months-of-significant-improvement you can read what I've tried.

PainBlogger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  fairlight10 on Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:57 pm

You could ask to try Nortriptyline. It is similar to amitriptyline but much better with less side effects. Been on it 4 years and gave me my life back. Had 20 sessions of acupuncture and this helped during the first 18months of having vulva r vestibulitis. It would de stress the body plus he was counselling me at the same time. This condition can do your head in, so anything that can calm your body and mind is a good thing. Good luck.

fairlight10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PhoenixFire on Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:06 pm

Hey there. I'm a new member too and I feel you on not knowing how to narrow down what's causing this. I'm actually stuck between the same things that you are, since this flare up started when I stopped birth control which makes me think hormones, but the pain feels like it could be nerve related, and I also get burning pain in my lower back that could be nerve related as well. It's all so frustrating! But we aren't alone.

PhoenixFire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roselilyflower on Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:47 pm

Hi there, I am a new member and I do feel for you, this condition can really get to you, some days are easier but sometimes i just want to cry and climb into a little hole and hide. Its been 5 months since my diagnosis and its been a bumpy road :-(. It started from an allergic reaction I had from thrush cream. I have been with my partner for nearly 5 years and he has been so patient but when it all started before I was diagnosed, alarm bells were ringing and I thought I could of caught something but luckily all tests came back clear. Most creams have not done much for me but I am on 10mg amitriptyline and it seems to be helping me, it does take a week or so for it to kick in though and it can make you feel quite groggly and it gave me a funny tummy but those affects soon wore off. I have been on it for 2 months now. But recently i have diagnosed with PID and among that I have endometriosis so I am on antibiotics, antifungals, the pill and the nerve blocker/anti depressants. Which is stressed me out abit so I decided to try reflexology, it was a very relaxing but odd feeling as I could feel sensations in my body which corresponded with the areas on my feet. Annoyingly, the vulvodynia symptoms have returned which i think is quite strange. Im not sure wjether he treatment caused an inbalance or what. I know I dont want to be on pills for the rest of my life so I am trying my best to fond a long term solution to this problem as I am sure you all are. I am very warey about using creams as I have had a few allergies to various soaps, lotions, medicated creams and oinments ect I am terrified it will make it worse. I do believe in holistic treatment as well as conventional treatments, luckily we in the UK have the NHS but extra treatments such as reflexology/ acupuncture and other therapies are not and can be quite expensive. I am will to ty accupuncture. If anyone has any info on treatments for this condition which may not be seen as conventional please let me know. Thanks

Roselilyflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  neesegjohnson on Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:54 pm

You should try acupuncture..it seems to be working for me and I have also tried everything. Also try a low oxalate diet/low acidic diet. I am also taking 2 calcium citrate pills a day.

neesegjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tinkerbelle2 on Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:11 pm

Hi Julie, a lot of your story sounds familiar! I am able to have sex and use tampons as well (although if I'm really sore I don't as it is just too uncomfortable) Feel free to PM me if you want to chat x
tinkerbelle2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  chipper on Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:19 am

Julie-
I feel like I could have written your story!!
I have been dealing with the same issues for 2 years and it started after taking Cipro.
I had a bartholin cyst abscess and took several courses of it. I started having rectal pain, then pelvic pain.
Sitting is the absolute worst and my pain is most intense in the evening and at night.
I can go for periods of time where I have no pain at all then something (I am never sure what) will flare it up again.
I have tried Amatryptiline, Gabapentin and other medications and I cannot tolerate them at all.

I tried acupuncture and I think I will be going back to that because it did seem to help some.
This is a terrible pain that you cannot really describe and certainly not discuss openly.
It's not like you can say you have a headache or a backache.
It's exhausting and overwhelming.

chipper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top