I forgot my password

Latest topics
Newly diagnosed

Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:37 pm by Brevispink

Hello everyone. I have recently been diagnosed with unprovoked vulvodynia and would really appreciate some advice and support. I have had a chronic urine infection for 16 months and was on antibiotics for 9 of those months. I have been very uncomfortable for the entire time, but now I have absolutely unbearable stinging and burning all day with itching too. The infection has just about gone, …

Comments: 7

Recent "Poke" Pain - So Confused/Losing My Mind

Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:26 am by kelseybeth23

Long Story, but I am losing my mind and getting really depressed, so if I tell the full story maybe someone can help me.

Back in August I started to get an itch down there. Normally, in the past, when this would happen, I would change the way I wore my clothes, take more baths instead of showers, and use Monistat. This time, after about two weeks of no relief, I started to get concerned. I was …

Comments: 5

Does anyone else experience this?

Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:21 pm by Angelmegs

Hi— im new here. Im incredibly desperate so if anyone has any suggestions i would greatly appreciate it. Im a 20 year old female with vulvodynia and vaginismus. I was on the birth control pill (junel fe lo estrin) from age 13-18 because of severe menstrual pain. I used the xulane patch for a few months when i was 18 but eventually stopped BC altogether because it interferes with my med for …

Comments: 0

Post Full Vestibulectomy - 5 Years Later - Please Read

Tue May 02, 2017 6:18 pm by jen007

Hi All,

It's been awhile since I've written a new topic on the forum. Wondering if any of the same ladies are still here. I've come back to update you all on my post vestibulectomy results. I can't remember if I've done an update on my current state, so forgive me if this is repeated information... I can't remember how to view my old posts! Anyway, let me get on with my update.

For 4 years post …

Comments: 4

Do you ever worry that you're making it up?

Fri May 27, 2016 6:50 am by Lucci

Hello,

I was diagnosed with Vaginismus and Vulvar Vestibulitis 10 years ago. I was 18 and scared and moving across the country for college, but luckily was able to find a doctor who specialized in 'Women's Health' who immediately put me into physical therapy. Long story short, I've been in and out of the system ever since.

A few years into treatment, I had the diagnosis of PTSD added on for …

Comments: 7

Clitoris Issues

Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:17 pm by January

I am going crazyyy trying to figure out what's wrong. Please does anyone else have an issue similar to mine? I'm only 22. So, basically when my clit is lightly rubbed, there is no feeling. However, when rubbed vigorously and directly, the burning and tingling sensations shoot down my legs and feet as if coming to the end of an orgasm but with no good feeling leading up. It's so strange. What …

Comments: 2

Cured of Vulvodynia

Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:39 am by angelique2016

I used to post on this forum a long time ago and told everyone of how I was cured of my vulvodynia by a (Melbourne Australia) female dermatologist, she put me on very low doses of Nortriptyline (Allergron) for pain management about 10mgs I believe it was, and she also had me use Advantan Fatty Ointment (not the cream) (although I saw the cream for sale on ebay from germany) so it might help, as …

Comments: 10

Vulvodynia and IVF? Anyone done this? What does it do to the vulvadynia?

Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:03 am by Carolyn4

Hi everyone,

I have had vulvodynia since age 27--I am now 43 and it has been in pretty good remission.  I control it with acupuncture and herbs, and some cranial sacral therapy.  I have a 5 year old, had a pretty uneventful pregnancy which ended in a c-section.  My VV worsened after that, and I have worked hard to get it back under control (it took over a year to get it back into pretty good …

Comments: 1

Partial Vestibulectomy

Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:44 pm by JGD13

Hi all i am new here.
I had a partial vestibulectomy 21/7 for my provoked vulvodynia.
After a painful few days and feeling quite uncomfortable it seemed to get better. 1 week after i noticed some white stuff and gloopy discharge, it wasnt smelly or itchy but i got a check up at the gp surgery and the doctor said the stitches looked fine and i could just have a touch of thrush. He said this is …

Comments: 6

Problems with Masturbation/Anorgasmia?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problems with Masturbation/Anorgasmia?

Post  speechie123 on Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:41 pm

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone else has experienced problems with anorgasmia/inability to masturbate or become aroused/maintain arousal along with vulvar vestibulitis/vaginismus. I have had both for almost as long as I can remember (the vaginismus probably stems from the vestibular pain) and one of my biggest pet peeves besides day-to-day and pain after I work out is that I can't really masturbate. I've tried to discuss this with my doctor but it's pretty awkward and he is more concerned about my ability to have intercourse (I don't have a boyfriend or husband so I have few opportunities for that anyway). I've heard of some people with vaginismus who can "only" masturbate, but not being able to really sucks. It basically closes off any possibility of a reciprocal sexual relationship for me. I'd also be up for discussing the suckiness of dating with this-- I am bisexual so I can at least focus on women, but since it's still an issue I am constantly on edge on dates because I'll have to explain this whole mess eventually and I won't be able to give an estimated "fixed by" date. Just "my vagina is broken, no idea when or if it will get fixed".

speechie123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problems with Masturbation/Anorgasmia?

Post  Mark on Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:12 pm

Hi Speechie,

I'm male so don't have vulvodynia, but I'm the husband of someone who does. So maybe our experience will help.

She doesn't agree with female masturbation but she does have a normal to high sex drive.

When she has her pain, she has no interest in any type of intimacy, just to be cuddled and supported.

Sometimes she doesn't have the pain but instead gets an itch/slight irritation. When that happens she has a strong desire for orgasms and wants me to give her oral sex. Woe betide me if I'm not available! She gets very irritable. If the irritation is bad but not yet the full-on v pain, she wants massages. I don't know whether all women are like this but with the right techniques she can orgasm without any direct touching of her clitoris, mostly from me carressing her breasts and thighs.

When she doesn't have either then she has just a normal sex drive, enjoys mainly oral sex and has multiple orgasms pretty easily. Unfortunately despite trying pretty much everything vaginal sex is very painful for her and leaves her with an intense burning pain that lasts 2-3 days, sometimes more.

From what I've read about v, everyone's experience of it is different. But if you're anything like my wife, if you have the burning pain, it might not be a good idea to masturbate, as you could make things worse. You could try giving yourself a sensuous massage possibly, or get a boyfriend and have him do it (or a girl, as you said you're bi).

Also without being too graphic I don't know whether you're just using your fingers or a sex toy but if it's a toy then maybe some types that are more on the outside like a tongue would be better than ones that go inside more like a penis. So really it's probably about working out what triggers or worsens your condition and pleasuring yourself in a way that doesn't bring it on.

As regards dating, I can't comment on what it'd be like with another bisexual or lesbian woman but with men I think if you're upfront about it you'll be fine. Most of us when you set aside the machismo are mostly into our partners' orgasms as they're so much more intense than anything we're capable of, so we can live without vaginal sex as long as the woman still has a sex drive and the ability to climax. Obviously some men are more focused on their penises but if you're honest with them about your condition you'll filter them out early on and be left with a huge choice of potential partners who won't be fussed about your condition, just sorry for you and keen to show you their love in other ways tongue

Mark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  speechie123 on Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:49 pm

Hi,
I am pretty much anorgasmic (I had a former girlfriend try to figure out "nipple orgasms" to her great frustration and disappointment) since there aren't really any forms of masturbation that don't hurt me and my pain-on-contact doesn't come and go (the pain flare ups I get that aren't related to contact do come and go thankfully and are semi-manageable with medication so far). I only really enjoy giving oral to women, so right now the sexual activity I can do is mostly confined to women (either with oral or to be a bit graphic using a strap-on). I guess I might consider oral for the right guy, but it's still basically pretty much one-sided oral only for an indetermined length of time since there's no real way of predicting when or if I will figure out a solution that makes intercourse enjoyable. I suppose if there was a guy who liked pegging that would be a second option but that's not exactly a common preference among guys. Generally, I just have a hard time figuring out when and how to give "the talk" since most partners from my experience (and my experience is not very comprehensive- I rarely even get to a sex talk with people when I date) want to be able to give their partners orgasms.

speechie123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark on Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:07 pm

Hi Speechie,

If all types of masturbation hurt you I assume that also includes a partner doing it for you (be that oral or handjobs, from a guy or a girl)? If so, that really must be frustrating for you.

Do you feel sexual urges? If so, could it be worth having another go at climaxing without genital contact? You can Google lots of advice and videos on how to do it. Maybe try when you're ovulating so at maximum horniness and sensitivity.

I'm not sure what pegging is but on the basis I'm a fairly normal straight guy who had a reasonable number of partners before meeting my wife and most of my friends are straight males who sometimes talk about what they've done I would probably have heard of it if it was commonplace. But I bet you could find a guy who liked it if you went onto the right kind of website.

My wife's condition is different to yours because her pain is intermittent and when it isn't on it isn't triggered by me playing with her clitoris. So me going down on her is our main indeed only form of sex and we do it probably as often as any couple both working full time with two young kids can manage it. Like you, I enjoy going down on a woman a lot Very Happy . OK, in a way it's one sided, but actually I think the pleasure I get from it is so much more intense than from any other kind of sex that I don't miss the other stuff. Could I live without giving her orgasms if her condition was like yours? Yes if I had to, because I love her. But it'd be hard. I think the problem is that we men have quite small orgasms compared to women so when we get with a woman we're attracted to we get a very strong desire to help her climax.

So I guess your options other than getting cured from vuvodynia are cracking orgasm without genital contact, going down on girls or finding a man who likes pegging, whatever that is. Good luck with whichever you choose!

Mark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  speechie123 on Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:56 am

Thanks for trying to help-- hopefully I'll hear from a woman on the forum since they might have a little bit more experience with it (I even just wanted to figure out how common it was to go along with the vulvodynia and hear from other women who have a similarly difficult time with arousal-- I feel like I would already know if I could orgasm without touch?). I really would be fine with just sticking to dating women unless I get cured, I like them just as much or more than men -- the biggest problems with that is that I *still* need to tell them about it, women also generally want to be able to bring their partner to orgasm, and there are just fewer lesbian/bi women to date.

(P.S.-- pegging is when a woman uses a strap-on on a man. So, basically reverse heterosexual sex.)

speechie123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kezz on Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:40 am

Hi Mark,

I just wanted to say your comments really cheered me up coming from a man. It's comforting to know that not all men are just obsessed with vaginal sex. It's really easy to fall into that way of thinking as a woman with vulvodynia and that just makes it all the more depressing and unbearable... so your comments helped to pull me out if train of thought which is half the battle.

Hope all is well with yourself and your wife. Thanks again.

Kezz. Xx

Kezz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top