I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Anyone been to see Dr.Claire Bailey in Birmingham?
Yesterday at 6:36 pm by Kezz

» Recently Diagnosed.... Help!
Yesterday at 2:57 pm by amyhp

» Vestibulectomy
Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:54 am by infinitelywondering

» Discomfort from my own liquids
Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:27 am by Hopeitworks

» Anyone else have burning on the front of thighs?
Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:20 am by Hopeitworks

» Partial Vestibulectomy
Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:38 am by infinitelywondering

» Anyone being treated by Drexel University???
Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:50 pm by Hopeitworks

» Post Vestibulectomy Pain !!!
Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:00 pm by sj17

» Pain management - what works for me
Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:58 am by sj17

Partial Vestibulectomy

Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:44 pm by JGD13

Hi all i am new here.
I had a partial vestibulectomy 21/7 for my provoked vulvodynia.
After a painful few days and feeling quite uncomfortable it seemed to get better. 1 week after i noticed some white stuff and gloopy discharge, it wasnt smelly or itchy but i got a check up at the gp surgery and the doctor said the stitches looked fine and i could just have a touch of thrush. He said this is …

Comments: 4

New w/ Secondary Provoked Vestibuldynia

Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:46 pm by Birdy

Hi everyone,

I'm here because I'm pretty sure I have secondary provoked vestibuldynia, even though my gyno is still "optimistic" it is not.  My problem started six months ago when I got my second UTI in as many months (after going 25 years of life without one) and then ended up with a bad yeast infection (also my first one ever) thanks to the antibiotics.  Ever since the yeast …

Comments: 3

Anyone from the PNW?

Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:54 am by jungleclover

I'm located near Portland and I would be really cool to actually meet someone with this issue. I think my roommate in college technically had this problem. She had an overgrown hymen removed and can't deal with penetration as a result. But she is gay so it seems like it hasn't been a huge problem for her (although we didn't talk about it much so there was possibly more to it than she let on). …

Comments: 0

Constant pain, I want to die.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:29 am by Meggiemay

I posted on here a few years ago but my symptoms went away with the inflammation. I didn't get so lucky this time.

For over three months, i've had terrible rawness, burning, soreness in the urethral/vestibule area and pressure/hypersensitivity in the clitoral area. I've also had some lower abdominal pressure and burning on my butt. I can barely walk! My gyno hasn't been much help. I'm on …

Comments: 22

Newbie to the site

Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:16 am by Ksa

Hello. Thank you for this wonderful site. I'm currently under the care of a dr in Phoenix that specializes in vaginal disorders. I will probably be on a suppository of estridol the rest of my life and I am currently on medications for a rare form of vaginitis that's pretty unheard of for my age. My vagina literally hates me. I've struggled with vulvadynia for 20 years, the duration of my …

Comments: 1

New to the site and just had a vestibulectomy

Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:19 am by Hopeitworks

Hello Everyone,

I have been suffering from vulvodynia for years! So I decided to go ahead and have vestibulectomy on July 28, 2017. I really wished I would of found this site before I went through with the surgery. Maybe I would have been more prepared to deal with recovering. I just need someone to talk and I dont mind hearing your story.

Comments: 2

Post Vestibulectomy

Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:15 pm by infinitelywondering

Heya,

I had my vestibulectomy (full) about a day and a half ago. I was very sick and poorly just after the op and experienced intense pain down there Sad

However, today I came home and have done the following things:

-washed with warm water
-applied manuka honey to the area
-ensured I wash at least 3 times a day and dab the area dry gently
-use frozen peas to stop the swelling

As of now I am …

can anyone recommend a good dermatologist in LA?

Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:17 pm by saffron

Hi, I am wondering if anyone knows a vulvar dermatologist in Los Angeles? My problems seem to be external, but I'm having trouble finding a knowledgable doctor. My current dermatologist is pretty cosmetic based and I'm afraid all the products he prescribed actually made my situation so much worse!

I know there a few drs in Orange County/San Diego, but was hoping to stay local as even …

Comments: 3

Vulvodynia and IVF? Anyone done this? What does it do to the vulvadynia?

Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:03 am by Carolyn4

Hi everyone,

I have had vulvodynia since age 27--I am now 43 and it has been in pretty good remission.  I control it with acupuncture and herbs, and some cranial sacral therapy.  I have a 5 year old, had a pretty uneventful pregnancy which ended in a c-section.  My VV worsened after that, and I have worked hard to get it back under control (it took over a year to get it back into pretty good …

Desperate for hope. Please help

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Desperate for hope. Please help

Post  Livethegoodlife79 on Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:04 pm

I just discovered this site and am very grateful to have found it. Although I have to admit some of the posts are freaking me out more. I'm literally at my wits ends. I can't sleep, eat or barely function on a day to day basis my anxiety is through the roof because of this. I really need some words of encouragement if anyone can help me see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.
Background:
I have yet to be officially diagnosed but over the past 4 months I've been to multiple doctors and they all keep dismissing me. I've been told I have eczema or some doctors won't even examin me they just write a Rx for yeast treatment.
Approx 4 months ago I took Plan B. Since then it's been a tornado of random vaginal issues. A few days after taking plan B my vagina swelled up and burned so bad. I thought it was a yeast infection so I treated it like such. It didn't help. I went to a dr who didn't examin me and prescribed more yeast treatment. Still no help. I went to my family doctor who examined me and diagnosed it as vaginal eczema. Prescribed a hydrocortisone ointment. A few days later I was back to normal. I was sexually active and had no issues. Then I got my period and 2 days after it ended I got bacterial vaginosis. Was prescribed antibiotics which cleared it up but I started to show signs of a yeast infection so I took a yeast treatment. 2 days later my vagina is burning again. Went back to my doctor and he referred me to a gynaecologist (still waiting for that appointment) and told me to keep using the hydrocortisone ointment.
Fast forward to today and I'm on week 3 of constant burning but no redness or inflammation. Hydrocortisone ointment is doing nothing so I stopped that 2 days ago. During these 3 weeks I had my period and no relief. I went to a walk in clinic and they checked me but couldn't even see any redness or anything.
I have my gynaecologist appointment in 4 days (seems like a lifetime away). Because I haven't been able to get answers from doctors I've resorted to looking online and this is the closest I can find to match my symptoms.
I've been tested for stds-all negative.
I've changed my laundry soap to un scented etc
Changed my diet to remove dairy and egg and gluten
I have celiac-not sure if this is a terrible side effect that comes with it.
I realize my suffering is short in comparison to some of you on here but I can't live like this. I just starting seeing a guy and I can't even tell him what's wrong. I don't know if I should break things off because if this is how I'm going to be for the rest of my life I can't expect him to stay with me.
I can't imagine going weeks or months or more trying to find the best treatment that only lessens the pain and never having a cure or break from this. Providing I even get a diagnosis.
Please tell me how to function through life like this Sad
I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada and I'm frantically searching online for local medical resources or support groups and there's literally nothing. Im on a tight budget so travelling for medical purposes or trying natural alternatives that aren't covered just aren't an option for me.
Please, I need some words of encouragement.

Thank you

Livethegoodlife79

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Desperate for hope. Please help

Post  mary jane on Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:08 pm

Hey, hang in there...

Don't get the impression that Vulvodynia is incurable and forever, each person is different and I know of lots of women who got better. You probably don't have vulvodynia, just an allergic reaction

So, I am not a doctor but to me, it sounds like that Plan B pill gave you an allergic reaction of some sort. Try to not resort to it again, I used it a lot in the past and ended up with adult acne and PCOS. (they're both under control btw).

The best solution at the moment for you is to
1. First of all, calm down. Anxiety to the extreme can only make you feel worse, not better. Did you know anxiety can even cause neurological symptoms? I did this mistake in the past and it didn't help my situation.
2. Try some over the counter antihystamines, there's one called Atarax, it treats anxiety and allergies.
3. Try and get some over the counter lidocaine gel like instillagel for the area, it will soothe it.
4. You might need a few days to let the area recover, you have been throwing everything at it so of course it's not "happy".

Least of all, relax!
mary jane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mary jane on Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:10 pm

You're catastrophic right now. Never mind what the guy thinks, focus on healing yourself and then you can worry about him. He can wait for all you care!
No, it's not for life., Not even vulvodynia is for life. most women get better
mary jane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Livethegoodlife79 on Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:31 am

Thank you so much for your kind words Mary Jane. I actually had a complete break down this morning and drove myself to the hospital. They did some blood tests for infection/vitamin deficiencies etc but they all came back normal. I should be happy for healthy results (which I am) but I'm still very frustrated not getting any answers. I have to say that's the most anyone's actually assessed me so far (blood test to rule things out) so I'm thankful for that.
It's frustrating getting the run around from doctors and long wait times for appointments. I'm trying to do my own research but it's a catch 22 because I'm reading all these terrible things (and good) but the bad is obviously what sticks. I feel like I'm becoming a hypochondriac or like I'm losing my mind. I was prescribed some pretty strong pain killers by the doctor this morning so I'm going to try those and hopefully I'm able to relax without having to think about the pain.
I wish there were women who lived closer to me that were going through this. It's so hard not having anyone to talk to. So glad I found this site and I'm so grateful that you replied with calming and encouraging words Mary Jane Smile
Thank you to anyone reading this for letting me vent.

Livethegoodlife79

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mary jane on Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:42 am

We have a great subforum here in success Stories. If you go through them, you can see that many improve and recover

all the best
mary jane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

This might help

Post  EverythingIsDifferentNow on Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:39 pm

Livethegoodlife79 wrote:I just discovered this site and am very grateful to have found it. Although I have to admit some of the posts are freaking me out more. I'm literally at my wits ends. I can't sleep, eat or barely function on a day to day basis my anxiety is through the roof because of this. I really need some words of encouragement if anyone can help me see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.
Background:
I have yet to be officially diagnosed but over the past 4 months I've been to multiple doctors and they all keep dismissing me. I've been told I have eczema or some doctors won't even examin me they just write a Rx for yeast treatment.
Approx 4 months ago I took Plan B. Since then it's been a tornado of random vaginal issues. A few days after taking plan B my vagina swelled up and burned so bad. I thought it was a yeast infection so I treated it like such. It didn't help. I went to a dr who didn't examin me and prescribed more yeast treatment. Still no help. I went to my family doctor who examined me and diagnosed it as vaginal eczema. Prescribed a hydrocortisone ointment. A few days later I was back to normal. I was sexually active and had no issues. Then I got my period and 2 days after it ended I got bacterial vaginosis. Was prescribed antibiotics which cleared it up but I started to show signs of a yeast infection so I took a yeast treatment. 2 days later my vagina is burning again. Went back to my doctor and he referred me to a gynaecologist (still waiting for that appointment) and told me to keep using the hydrocortisone ointment.
Fast forward to today and I'm on week 3 of constant burning but no redness or inflammation. Hydrocortisone ointment is doing nothing so I stopped that 2 days ago. During these 3 weeks I had my period and no relief. I went to a walk in clinic and they checked me but couldn't even see any redness or anything.
I have my gynaecologist appointment in 4 days (seems like a lifetime away). Because I haven't been able to get answers from doctors I've resorted to looking online and this is the closest I can find to match my symptoms.
I've been tested for stds-all negative.
I've changed my laundry soap to un scented etc
Changed my diet to remove dairy and egg and gluten
I have celiac-not sure if this is a terrible side effect that comes with it.
I realize my suffering is short in comparison to some of you on here but I can't live like this. I just starting seeing a guy and I can't even tell him what's wrong. I don't know if I should break things off because if this is how I'm going to be for the rest of my life I can't expect him to stay with me.
I can't imagine going weeks or months or more trying to find the best treatment that only lessens the pain and never having a cure or break from this. Providing I even get a diagnosis.
Please tell me how to function through life like this Sad
I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada and I'm frantically searching online for local medical resources or support groups and there's literally nothing. Im on a tight budget so travelling for medical purposes or trying natural alternatives that aren't covered just aren't an option for me.
Please, I need some words of encouragement.

Thank you

Hi there, I hope you're doing okay. This might help. I'm no doctor, but I believe your body is in a huge state of imbalance. You said you have ezcema. Ezcema is an autoimmune illness, which inevitably means there's toxicity in your liver (possibly gallstsones). I know countless of people, especially one guy who had a horrific case of ezcema, who tried liver flushes and healed 90%+ of their skin conditions including ezcema. You can't even tell he has ezcema, and now he works at one of the finest restaurants catering to people Very Happy You tried birth control, and this threw you off because your hormones were already in a state of imbalance prior to even trying it. This means there's something wrong with your thyroid. Don't worry, this is more common than you think. Sooo many people have this it's insane, actually. You have celiac, this means you have leaky gut syndrome. Your gut is in a condition where too much bad bacteria has hosted the area, and there's not enough good bacteria. Try bringing your body back to balance by 1.) maybe reading my posts lol 2.) probiotics/prebiotics to restore your gut flora 3.) liver flushes will immensely help you 4.) coffee enemas 5.) remove gut irritating foods. follow the AIP protocol. There's actually a lot more than this but this is a basis that will make a huge improvement on your health if you actually look into and pursue it. I recommend doing as much research as you can. That's how I got cured - I researched everyday almost every second. Hope you see this and hope this helps sunny

EverythingIsDifferentNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top