I forgot my password

Latest topics
Constant pain, I want to die.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:29 am by Meggiemay

I posted on here a few years ago but my symptoms went away with the inflammation. I didn't get so lucky this time.

For over three months, i've had terrible rawness, burning, soreness in the urethral/vestibule area and pressure/hypersensitivity in the clitoral area. I've also had some lower abdominal pressure and burning on my butt. I can barely walk! My gyno hasn't been much help. I'm on …

Comments: 19

Clitoris Issues

Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:17 pm by January

I am going crazyyy trying to figure out what's wrong. Please does anyone else have an issue similar to mine? I'm only 22. So, basically when my clit is lightly rubbed, there is no feeling. However, when rubbed vigorously and directly, the burning and tingling sensations shoot down my legs and feet as if coming to the end of an orgasm but with no good feeling leading up. It's so strange. What …

Comments: 1

Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:37 pm by Lisa1627

Hi ladies. I am new to the forum. I have had what I think is vulvodynia caused from hsv 2. So not only do I have the burning vag but the constant feeling of being contagious. I can honestly say that I hate my life and myself right now. There are days when I think I would rather be dead. I tried the amitryptline and it helped but if it's only making my brain think I don't have pain then it's …

Comments: 12

Post Full Vestibulectomy - 5 Years Later - Please Read

Tue May 02, 2017 6:18 pm by jen007

Hi All,

It's been awhile since I've written a new topic on the forum. Wondering if any of the same ladies are still here. I've come back to update you all on my post vestibulectomy results. I can't remember if I've done an update on my current state, so forgive me if this is repeated information... I can't remember how to view my old posts! Anyway, let me get on with my update.

For 4 years post …

Comments: 3

Recovered from Vulvodynia

Thu May 04, 2017 9:42 pm by chancesunny

Hey everyone,

Im a new member on this forum and wanted to share my story so I can help anyone who is feeling helpless. Maybe what worked for me can work for you. I'll try to make this short so you can go get better!

I had vulvodynia for about 3-4 years. In the beginning, it started with pain that I thought was just a yeast infection and then I thought it was a urinary tract infection or …

Comments: 2

New here, my story and looking for advice

Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:02 am by rachiecakes

Hi All!

I was really hoping to get some feedback from everyone here - it's very hard dealing with an issue like this because no one really understands what I'm going through!

Im 28 years old I've had interstitial cystitis for 3 years - but never an vaginal issues. About 6 months ago I got a yeast infection following a course of antibiotics - similarly I developed IC after a bad UTI. The itching …

Comments: 4

New w/ Secondary Provoked Vestibuldynia

Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:46 pm by Birdy

Hi everyone,

I'm here because I'm pretty sure I have secondary provoked vestibuldynia, even though my gyno is still "optimistic" it is not.  My problem started six months ago when I got my second UTI in as many months (after going 25 years of life without one) and then ended up with a bad yeast infection (also my first one ever) thanks to the antibiotics.  Ever since the yeast …

Comments: 2

Male visitor

Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:19 pm by outsider

Hello!

I am a 25 year old guy who has erectile dysfunction following an injury a few years ago. I am here because I think that men and women with sexual dysfunction could benefit from dating each other. My experience has been that women have lost interest when they found out that penetrative sex was not possible with me.
So I am interested in learning more about female sexual disorders. Do young …

Comments: 3

New Here: Question/My Story

Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:00 am by overit14

Hi everyone. I came across this site by Googling "vulvar pain support". I feel like my case is different than most I read about so I was wondering if anyone else here experiences this in the way that I do.

This started in 2012 and has happened off and on since. I get really, really red and it's very painful, swollen and burns. Sometimes it may be a little itchy, but mostly it just …

Comments: 6

Desperate for hope. Please help

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Desperate for hope. Please help

Post  Livethegoodlife79 on Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:04 pm

I just discovered this site and am very grateful to have found it. Although I have to admit some of the posts are freaking me out more. I'm literally at my wits ends. I can't sleep, eat or barely function on a day to day basis my anxiety is through the roof because of this. I really need some words of encouragement if anyone can help me see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.
Background:
I have yet to be officially diagnosed but over the past 4 months I've been to multiple doctors and they all keep dismissing me. I've been told I have eczema or some doctors won't even examin me they just write a Rx for yeast treatment.
Approx 4 months ago I took Plan B. Since then it's been a tornado of random vaginal issues. A few days after taking plan B my vagina swelled up and burned so bad. I thought it was a yeast infection so I treated it like such. It didn't help. I went to a dr who didn't examin me and prescribed more yeast treatment. Still no help. I went to my family doctor who examined me and diagnosed it as vaginal eczema. Prescribed a hydrocortisone ointment. A few days later I was back to normal. I was sexually active and had no issues. Then I got my period and 2 days after it ended I got bacterial vaginosis. Was prescribed antibiotics which cleared it up but I started to show signs of a yeast infection so I took a yeast treatment. 2 days later my vagina is burning again. Went back to my doctor and he referred me to a gynaecologist (still waiting for that appointment) and told me to keep using the hydrocortisone ointment.
Fast forward to today and I'm on week 3 of constant burning but no redness or inflammation. Hydrocortisone ointment is doing nothing so I stopped that 2 days ago. During these 3 weeks I had my period and no relief. I went to a walk in clinic and they checked me but couldn't even see any redness or anything.
I have my gynaecologist appointment in 4 days (seems like a lifetime away). Because I haven't been able to get answers from doctors I've resorted to looking online and this is the closest I can find to match my symptoms.
I've been tested for stds-all negative.
I've changed my laundry soap to un scented etc
Changed my diet to remove dairy and egg and gluten
I have celiac-not sure if this is a terrible side effect that comes with it.
I realize my suffering is short in comparison to some of you on here but I can't live like this. I just starting seeing a guy and I can't even tell him what's wrong. I don't know if I should break things off because if this is how I'm going to be for the rest of my life I can't expect him to stay with me.
I can't imagine going weeks or months or more trying to find the best treatment that only lessens the pain and never having a cure or break from this. Providing I even get a diagnosis.
Please tell me how to function through life like this Sad
I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada and I'm frantically searching online for local medical resources or support groups and there's literally nothing. Im on a tight budget so travelling for medical purposes or trying natural alternatives that aren't covered just aren't an option for me.
Please, I need some words of encouragement.

Thank you

Livethegoodlife79

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Desperate for hope. Please help

Post  mary jane on Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:08 pm

Hey, hang in there...

Don't get the impression that Vulvodynia is incurable and forever, each person is different and I know of lots of women who got better. You probably don't have vulvodynia, just an allergic reaction

So, I am not a doctor but to me, it sounds like that Plan B pill gave you an allergic reaction of some sort. Try to not resort to it again, I used it a lot in the past and ended up with adult acne and PCOS. (they're both under control btw).

The best solution at the moment for you is to
1. First of all, calm down. Anxiety to the extreme can only make you feel worse, not better. Did you know anxiety can even cause neurological symptoms? I did this mistake in the past and it didn't help my situation.
2. Try some over the counter antihystamines, there's one called Atarax, it treats anxiety and allergies.
3. Try and get some over the counter lidocaine gel like instillagel for the area, it will soothe it.
4. You might need a few days to let the area recover, you have been throwing everything at it so of course it's not "happy".

Least of all, relax!
mary jane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mary jane on Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:10 pm

You're catastrophic right now. Never mind what the guy thinks, focus on healing yourself and then you can worry about him. He can wait for all you care!
No, it's not for life., Not even vulvodynia is for life. most women get better
mary jane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Livethegoodlife79 on Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:31 am

Thank you so much for your kind words Mary Jane. I actually had a complete break down this morning and drove myself to the hospital. They did some blood tests for infection/vitamin deficiencies etc but they all came back normal. I should be happy for healthy results (which I am) but I'm still very frustrated not getting any answers. I have to say that's the most anyone's actually assessed me so far (blood test to rule things out) so I'm thankful for that.
It's frustrating getting the run around from doctors and long wait times for appointments. I'm trying to do my own research but it's a catch 22 because I'm reading all these terrible things (and good) but the bad is obviously what sticks. I feel like I'm becoming a hypochondriac or like I'm losing my mind. I was prescribed some pretty strong pain killers by the doctor this morning so I'm going to try those and hopefully I'm able to relax without having to think about the pain.
I wish there were women who lived closer to me that were going through this. It's so hard not having anyone to talk to. So glad I found this site and I'm so grateful that you replied with calming and encouraging words Mary Jane Smile
Thank you to anyone reading this for letting me vent.

Livethegoodlife79

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mary jane on Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:42 am

We have a great subforum here in success Stories. If you go through them, you can see that many improve and recover

all the best
mary jane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top