I forgot my password

Latest topics
New and need advice and help

Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:26 pm by Cin124

Hi everyone,

About three months ago, I started having vaginal and vulval itching. Then, about two months ago, my vulva started to feel painful and look swollen, so I went to the doctor. I was tested for herpes, chlamydia, and gonorrhea which all came back negative. I also had to do a vaginal swab test and the only thing that came back positive was yeast infection. I was prescribed hydrozole …

Comments: 3

I'm new to this forum and would love some advice! :)

Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:13 am by anikita

Hi lovely gals!

I'm honestly hoping to get any bit of advice anyone might have to offer. I go from bouts of sobbing hysterically in my boyfriend's arms to feeling confident that I can beat this.

I haven't been actually diagnosed with vulvodynia but EVERYTHING under the sun has come back negative. I started having sex 4 years ago after starting Lo Loestrin, with my first and current boyfriend …

Comments: 13

Hello. Happy to have found this group.

Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:01 pm by foxysugarpants

I am new here and hope to gain some insight into my vulva pain. I suffered for a long time not realizing that there are ways to feel better. I saw the Dr. yesterday and I am starting P/T pelvic and valium suppositories. queen

Comments: 0

Had this for 5 years, looking for people who understand

Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:46 pm by blackberrie

Hey all. I'm really struggling to find anyone in real life who can really understand what I'm going through. I've had vestibulodynia for 5 years now and I'm single. Obviously it has completely affected how I approach dating and sex and the fact that I can't really talk to people irl about it has made me feel very lonely. I've found that a lot of the women who have this problem are married and …

Comments: 3

Anyone have pain with urination?

Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:35 pm by mertzwl

Hi everyone - I can't believe I've been dealing with this for almost 10 years and an appointment scheduler at a urogyn office is the one to suggest I look into vulvodynia. Honestly, I don't care, I just thankful I might have an answer.

I have pain in one specific spot right around the urethral opening so it always coincides with urinating (it's not a uti). Does anyone else deal with pain …

Comments: 6

Diagnosed recently, looking for advice

Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:51 am by Cloudberry

Hi everyone,

I'm so glad I found this forum! I was diagnosed with vulvodynia/vulvar vestibulitis (still not sure about the difference between all the different terms) a couple of months ago and I could do with some advice. This is probably going to be a lot of text because I just want to get everything off my chest, so please bear with me.

I’m a woman in my late 20s. Before getting diagnosed …

Comments: 4

From a concerned husband

Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:45 pm by ConcernedYorkieHubby

Hello everyone,

This is probably a little unconventional, but I’m a man who is here because his wife has been diagnosed with vulvodynia. The poor girl has been suffering with vulva pain for around 10 years now, and I’ve been by her side through the pain and tears and doctors misunderstandings the whole way, and we’re both exhausted and terrified by the whole experience.

I’m sure a lot …

Comments: 4

6 year sufferer but I’ve found some hope

Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:33 am by Npage14

Hey, ladies! I’m new to this support group, I’ve thought about doing something like this for a while so I wanted to try this out! I’ve had vulvodynia for 6 years now, I am self diagnosed. I’m 20 now and the pain started when I had my first encounter with sexual contact when I was 14(I still remained a virgin though it was fingering). For a couple years the pain was so bad I could hardly …

Comments: 0

Hurting, Burning, Itching, and Worn Out

Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:55 pm by donnambr

This vulvodynia that I'm currently suffering with is so cruel. I hurt, I burn, I itch. When I first got this several years ago, before the internet, I though I was the only one with this awful disorder. Doctors couldn't figure it out. I felt so alone and devastated. Somehow it disappeared for a few years and now I'm suffering again. This dreaded V misery is back and I feel like I will be with …

Comments: 5

Vulvar Vestibulitus Plus External Itching - Please Read!!

Go down

Vulvar Vestibulitus Plus External Itching - Please Read!!

Post  punkerplus on Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:02 pm

Hello All,

I have suffered with symptoms of vulvodynia for about six years now, having just received a diagnosis in December. I was told that I have vulvar vestibulitus. It is clear, as the doctor showed me (with a mirror) that the vulvar vestibules are red and inflamed, he did the Q-Tip test where he poked me and I yelled out because it hurt, but the odd thing is that while I experience some minor irritation in that location during penetrative sex, I can generally have it and enjoy it as long as I'm not "excessive" (i.e. not every night).

My primary concern has been the external itching and burning that has driven me up a wall for years. Its generally around the "clitoral" area, inner lips, and it is HORRIBLE. Before I was diagnosed, doctors would just tell me to use this or use that or prescribe things to me, probably often falsely diagnosing me with yeast infections. Now, we have discovered that the thing that works is hydrocortisone creams or blends such as Pramosone. The problem is I've been using creams like this for years and the doctor says that this causes "thinning of the skin." If I so much as wash the cream off, however, I'm back to burning within a few hours, and its been like this ever since the burning started.

The doctor and I have tried all different things, such as Amitryptlene cream on the vulvar vestibules, gabapentin cream on the vulvar vestibules, and now he wants me to try taking gabapentin orally. Lidocaine solutions on the external itching did not work. The worst part is that as I have been told there is no certainty as to whether or not the vulvar vestibulitus and the external itching is connected in any way.

Has anyone had any experiences like this with severe external itching? Do you have any solutions for external itching that do not involve steroid solutions or lidocaine? I'm starting to become concerned that the doctor I am seeing is running out of ideas for how to solve the problem of the external itching so I am trying to think of ideas on my own as well to discuss with him.

I would really greatly appreciate any advice that you can give me. I realize that I am just at the beginning of figuring this out since I just have received a diagnosis about six months ago, but it took me a long time to get here.

I'm also willing to take suggestions for a second opinion. Live in New York and willing to travel. Thanks!!! Smile

punkerplus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Boric Acid

Post  ruby on Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:18 pm

hi there! I also have bad external itching/rawness, and something that has helped is boric acid suppositories. I also suffered from several yeast infections, and was being treated for them without success until we realized there was no yeast at all. Boric acid is used to treat yeast infection, but it basically just resets the entire flora and balance of the vagina, and I have found great success in using it. I haven't experienced any negative side effects (no extra burning or pain), and it almost completely reduced my out itching for a few months before it came back. I just finished my second round of it last week and I'm itchless again! I still have my internal pain, but the itching is gone. I got a prescription from my gynecologist and got it ordered from a specialty pharmacy.

ruby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vulvar Vestibulitus Plus External Itching - Please Read!!

Post  punkerplus on Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:55 am

ruby wrote:hi there! I also have bad external itching/rawness, and something that has helped is boric acid suppositories. I also suffered from several yeast infections, and was being treated for them without success until we realized there was no yeast at all. Boric acid is used to treat yeast infection, but it basically just resets the entire flora and balance of the vagina, and I have found great success in using it. I haven't experienced any negative side effects (no extra burning or pain), and it almost completely reduced my out itching for a few months before it came back. I just finished my second round of it last week and I'm itchless again! I still have my internal pain, but the itching is gone. I got a prescription from my gynecologist and got it ordered from a specialty pharmacy.

Thanks so much! I am going to look into this.

punkerplus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sarisbaris on Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:43 pm

I'm so sorry you're in pain! Yes I had itching too. I had so many symptoms. I had V for 15 years. I've been healed for 2. I followed the protocol by Anthony William. Here's my blog. I would also suggest you also join the Facebook group Vulva Warriors. Most of the women on there are following this protocol to heal their V. A handful of us who have already been healed are on there as well answering questions.
http://myvulvodyniacure.blogspot.com/2018/05/basics.html

First, you're fighting a virus the doctors can't detect right now.

These foods feed the virus so remove them: Dairy, eggs, corn, wheat, canola oil, natural flavorings (they tricked you, it’s MSG), aluminium (any food that has contact with this metal), only eat Himalayan salt for now (random salt was a huge trigger for my itching. Sigh)

These kill the virus:
1) Nettle leaf tincture (alcohol free) at least 3-5 times a day, 2 droppers. (great especially for itching)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000I4AEBI/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=wwwmedicalmed-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B000I4AEBI&linkId=04916ccf5d496631c562f5e3a92bbb92
2) Green juices: celery juice when you wake up and then 2 other green juices during the day if you're in pain (celery, cucumber, flat leaf parsley, cilantro. These are great for itching)
3) Smoothie: wild blueberry, banana, fresh oranges, and other fresh fruits
4) You should be on this zinc long term. 10 drops in glass of water 2-3x a day
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D0VI0A8/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=wwwmedicalmed-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B00D0VI0A8&linkId=ec2da5adb556972a4cb73ef3bf7565fd

sarisbaris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down