I forgot my password

Similar topics
    Latest topics
    Constant pain, I want to die.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:29 am by Meggiemay

I posted on here a few years ago but my symptoms went away with the inflammation. I didn't get so lucky this time.

For over three months, i've had terrible rawness, burning, soreness in the urethral/vestibule area and pressure/hypersensitivity in the clitoral area. I've also had some lower abdominal pressure and burning on my butt. I can barely walk! My gyno hasn't been much help. I'm on …

Comments: 19

Clitoris Issues

Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:17 pm by January

I am going crazyyy trying to figure out what's wrong. Please does anyone else have an issue similar to mine? I'm only 22. So, basically when my clit is lightly rubbed, there is no feeling. However, when rubbed vigorously and directly, the burning and tingling sensations shoot down my legs and feet as if coming to the end of an orgasm but with no good feeling leading up. It's so strange. What …

Comments: 1

Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:37 pm by Lisa1627

Hi ladies. I am new to the forum. I have had what I think is vulvodynia caused from hsv 2. So not only do I have the burning vag but the constant feeling of being contagious. I can honestly say that I hate my life and myself right now. There are days when I think I would rather be dead. I tried the amitryptline and it helped but if it's only making my brain think I don't have pain then it's …

Comments: 12

Post Full Vestibulectomy - 5 Years Later - Please Read

Tue May 02, 2017 6:18 pm by jen007

Hi All,

It's been awhile since I've written a new topic on the forum. Wondering if any of the same ladies are still here. I've come back to update you all on my post vestibulectomy results. I can't remember if I've done an update on my current state, so forgive me if this is repeated information... I can't remember how to view my old posts! Anyway, let me get on with my update.

For 4 years post …

Comments: 3

Recovered from Vulvodynia

Thu May 04, 2017 9:42 pm by chancesunny

Hey everyone,

Im a new member on this forum and wanted to share my story so I can help anyone who is feeling helpless. Maybe what worked for me can work for you. I'll try to make this short so you can go get better!

I had vulvodynia for about 3-4 years. In the beginning, it started with pain that I thought was just a yeast infection and then I thought it was a urinary tract infection or …

Comments: 2

New here, my story and looking for advice

Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:02 am by rachiecakes

Hi All!

I was really hoping to get some feedback from everyone here - it's very hard dealing with an issue like this because no one really understands what I'm going through!

Im 28 years old I've had interstitial cystitis for 3 years - but never an vaginal issues. About 6 months ago I got a yeast infection following a course of antibiotics - similarly I developed IC after a bad UTI. The itching …

Comments: 4

New w/ Secondary Provoked Vestibuldynia

Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:46 pm by Birdy

Hi everyone,

I'm here because I'm pretty sure I have secondary provoked vestibuldynia, even though my gyno is still "optimistic" it is not.  My problem started six months ago when I got my second UTI in as many months (after going 25 years of life without one) and then ended up with a bad yeast infection (also my first one ever) thanks to the antibiotics.  Ever since the yeast …

Comments: 2

Male visitor

Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:19 pm by outsider

Hello!

I am a 25 year old guy who has erectile dysfunction following an injury a few years ago. I am here because I think that men and women with sexual dysfunction could benefit from dating each other. My experience has been that women have lost interest when they found out that penetrative sex was not possible with me.
    So I am interested in learning more about female sexual disorders. Do young …

Comments: 3

New Here: Question/My Story

Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:00 am by overit14

Hi everyone. I came across this site by Googling "vulvar pain support". I feel like my case is different than most I read about so I was wondering if anyone else here experiences this in the way that I do.

This started in 2012 and has happened off and on since. I get really, really red and it's very painful, swollen and burns. Sometimes it may be a little itchy, but mostly it just …

Comments: 6

Pelvic ultrasounds

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pelvic ultrasounds

Post  seagirl88 on Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:05 pm

I know we've all experienced how absolutely excruciating having a pelvic exam can be, but I was wondering if any of you ladies have ever had a transvaginal pelvic ultrasound? I'm going to get one soon and I want to know if I should expect it to be much more painful than an internal exam (which is already the most painful thing EVER so I'm not sure how it could get any worse Shocked) I'm terrified, but my doc wants to get a look at my reproductive organs since I'm not getting my period anymore.

seagirl88

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pelvic ultrasounds

Post  Mouse on Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:04 pm

Hey there,

I had an ovary scan last year I'm not sure if that's the same thing. I had to drink lots of water and the initial part was on my tummy the same as they do on pregnant woman. Then I was allowed to pee - thank God!!! The rest was no more invasive than a smear so of a similar size and I was allowed to insert that myself. I have generalised so have no trouble with insertion.

Take some rescue remedy before you go or maybe get drunk affraid Kidding about that one of course! I found this clip on youtube which shows how it works. If you need insertion it looks like the head is fairly small only about half an inch. Can you tolerate that?

I know someone with V who also has no periods. She's just turned 30 so hoping to crank that up to eventually be able to have a baby. Not sure how the sex part will happen but we're all doing baby steps I suppose.

I hope this helps Smile

Mouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie on Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:35 am

I had one at the start of all this to rule out anything serious (I think I would rather have something serious that they can treat anyway)

but it really wasn't all that bad. I just told the nurse dong it about my sensitivity and she let me put it in myself there was heaps of lube on it. If your allergic to latex ask them to use a non latex glove i find it helps. Put it in yourself, the best way to relax the muscles I find is to push the thing your inserting away, do you understand what I am saying? bear down kind of - and as your doing that push it in slowly. They can use anesthetic gell too.

I am sure you will be fine. Breathe through your tummy not your chest for about 6 breaths before, that will help relax also.

Good luck Smile

Aussie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  seagirl88 on Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:17 am

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm glad that they have an anesthetic gel-- hopefully that helps.

seagirl88

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebby (Admin) on Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:51 pm

Asked the question on the fb group (linked to forum) and I got several responses...

One member said that she found it helpful to be allowed to insert the instrument herself - maybe something you could ask
    Another didnt like it and found it difficult but got through it
    another said it was ok and not at all bad and just made sure the lady doing it knew about the V
    and another said it was better and easier than a smear

Overall the majority were more positive accounts! Smile

admin@vulvodyniasupportforum.com
    Sebby (Admin)
    Admin

View user profile http://vulvodyniasupport.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Mouse on Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:44 am

Bloody hell I forgot to put the link up. I hope this helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdt6De4_2h4

V.

hmmmm I also realised that I've been signing myself as V. for years and that's the same abbreviation I use for this bullshit. I'm getting a new name!

Mouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  seagirl88 on Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:00 am

Thanks Sebby for forwarding those responses to me, and thanks Mouse (or "V" Wink ) for the YouTube link. The picture of the ultrasound microphone thing looks terrifying though! We'll see how it goes...

seagirl88

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Just got back

Post  seagirl88 on Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:57 pm

Well, I just got back from my ultrasound. The initial insertion of the wand was literally the most painful thing I have ever experienced. I think that even if I got shot the pain wouldn't compare to the pain I feel with my vulvodynia. I'm sure all of the results will come back normal, too. WHY WHY WHY do we have such horrific, unexplainable pain? It's getting harder to pretend to be happy and lead a normal life. I'm feeling pretty hopeless right now.

seagirl88

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top