I forgot my password

Latest topics
Constant pain, I want to die.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:29 am by Meggiemay

I posted on here a few years ago but my symptoms went away with the inflammation. I didn't get so lucky this time.

For over three months, i've had terrible rawness, burning, soreness in the urethral/vestibule area and pressure/hypersensitivity in the clitoral area. I've also had some lower abdominal pressure and burning on my butt. I can barely walk! My gyno hasn't been much help. I'm on …

Comments: 19

Clitoris Issues

Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:17 pm by January

I am going crazyyy trying to figure out what's wrong. Please does anyone else have an issue similar to mine? I'm only 22. So, basically when my clit is lightly rubbed, there is no feeling. However, when rubbed vigorously and directly, the burning and tingling sensations shoot down my legs and feet as if coming to the end of an orgasm but with no good feeling leading up. It's so strange. What …

Comments: 1

Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:37 pm by Lisa1627

Hi ladies. I am new to the forum. I have had what I think is vulvodynia caused from hsv 2. So not only do I have the burning vag but the constant feeling of being contagious. I can honestly say that I hate my life and myself right now. There are days when I think I would rather be dead. I tried the amitryptline and it helped but if it's only making my brain think I don't have pain then it's …

Comments: 12

Post Full Vestibulectomy - 5 Years Later - Please Read

Tue May 02, 2017 6:18 pm by jen007

Hi All,

It's been awhile since I've written a new topic on the forum. Wondering if any of the same ladies are still here. I've come back to update you all on my post vestibulectomy results. I can't remember if I've done an update on my current state, so forgive me if this is repeated information... I can't remember how to view my old posts! Anyway, let me get on with my update.

For 4 years post …

Comments: 3

Recovered from Vulvodynia

Thu May 04, 2017 9:42 pm by chancesunny

Hey everyone,

Im a new member on this forum and wanted to share my story so I can help anyone who is feeling helpless. Maybe what worked for me can work for you. I'll try to make this short so you can go get better!

I had vulvodynia for about 3-4 years. In the beginning, it started with pain that I thought was just a yeast infection and then I thought it was a urinary tract infection or …

Comments: 2

New here, my story and looking for advice

Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:02 am by rachiecakes

Hi All!

I was really hoping to get some feedback from everyone here - it's very hard dealing with an issue like this because no one really understands what I'm going through!

Im 28 years old I've had interstitial cystitis for 3 years - but never an vaginal issues. About 6 months ago I got a yeast infection following a course of antibiotics - similarly I developed IC after a bad UTI. The itching …

Comments: 4

New w/ Secondary Provoked Vestibuldynia

Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:46 pm by Birdy

Hi everyone,

I'm here because I'm pretty sure I have secondary provoked vestibuldynia, even though my gyno is still "optimistic" it is not.  My problem started six months ago when I got my second UTI in as many months (after going 25 years of life without one) and then ended up with a bad yeast infection (also my first one ever) thanks to the antibiotics.  Ever since the yeast …

Comments: 2

Male visitor

Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:19 pm by outsider

Hello!

I am a 25 year old guy who has erectile dysfunction following an injury a few years ago. I am here because I think that men and women with sexual dysfunction could benefit from dating each other. My experience has been that women have lost interest when they found out that penetrative sex was not possible with me.
So I am interested in learning more about female sexual disorders. Do young …

Comments: 3

New Here: Question/My Story

Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:00 am by overit14

Hi everyone. I came across this site by Googling "vulvar pain support". I feel like my case is different than most I read about so I was wondering if anyone else here experiences this in the way that I do.

This started in 2012 and has happened off and on since. I get really, really red and it's very painful, swollen and burns. Sometimes it may be a little itchy, but mostly it just …

Comments: 6

Antihistamines?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Antihistamines?

Post  coralburn on Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:13 am

Hey everyone,

I know I read somewhere on this forum that antihistamines can help vulvodynia, but I couldn't find the post so I thought I'd ask here. Has anyone heard about antihistamines as a treatment for vulvodynia? I've been taking Benadryl for the last few nights to help me sleep and I noticed a pretty big decrease in pain. But I'm not sure if it was because of the Benadryl or if this is even something I should bring up to my doctor...

Coral

coralburn

View user profile http://sexwithoutpiv.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Antihistamines?

Post  Sebby (Admin) on Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:38 am

I have to take antihistamines when I get hayfever. I take Citrizine. I dont remember it effecting my pain last year but I'll let you know this year as the hayfever season will soon be upon me!

admin@vulvodyniasupportforum.com
Sebby (Admin)
Admin

View user profile http://vulvodyniasupport.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  noni on Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:28 pm

Hey Coral,

I am very heavy into the research aspect of all this...I have read of women taking either Atarax or Vistaril which are anti histamines I believe (not NSAIDS...not 100 percent sure)...but I have been told by pharmacists that this will make you extremely drowsy.

There was a study out somewhere on the internet where women took elavil in conjuction with atarax and saw a big diff in pain (but again, check with a doctor first!!! as i am NOT 100 percent sure!)

Again, I think the vulvodynia is the bodys response to some sort of trauma (atleast the brain perceives it so) and causes a chain reaction in the vulvar tissue....inflammation,swelling, release of anti histamines, leading to nerve compression or irritation...I dunno.

It would be cool if someone could look into this and provide us with more information. All I know is that if youre swollen down there, even a little, there has to be some inflamatory process at work!

Also, apparantley Elavil (Amitriptyline) has some anti histamine effects.

Smile noni
noni

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah001 on Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:32 pm

I take anti-histamines daily all year round for allergies and have done for over 16 years and I can honestly say they aren't helping my V! I think they'd only help if the problem was allergy related.
Sarah001

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Antihistamines

Post  Joolibee on Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:42 am

I was prescribed an antihistamine when first diagnosed with vestibylodynia. Tried it for a couple of months. It cleared up a mild case of hives but no noticeable improvement in the v pain. Then went on amitriptyline, which helped a bit and yes, it does also have antihistamine properties. I discovered this recently when I stopped the ami because it was no longer helping. Came out in hives something rotten. Turns out that I have an allergy to medication I have for another condition and the ami had been hiding it. Everyone is different though. The consultant I saw seemed to think antihistamine would help because the skin was so red. Maybe I should have given it longer. I presume it does work for some people. Question

Joolibee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kathye10 on Mon May 06, 2013 5:18 pm

I realize this thread is now a few years old but thought I'd respond just in case someone else might be interested. My Dr and I are still trying to figure out my cause. It's either bacterial or PFD related. I do notice that when I take meds like zrytec or benadryl (at night) the burning decreases immensely that next day. I have taken all possible allergens out of the equation so I am thinking the antihistamines are blocking the H1 receptor. I don't take them very often because I don't want it to interfere with possible treatments at this point.
Kathye10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re Antihistamines

Post  Joolibee on Mon May 06, 2013 9:11 pm

Hey, I'd forgotten about this thread. Such a long time ago. Anyway, the doctor at my vulval pain clinic says that there is evidence that in some women, vulval pain has been shown to be linked to chronic idiopathic urticaria and as such can be treated with a high dose of antihistamine. It turns out that I probably have chronic idiopathic urticaria. At my last appointment, he asked me to scratch my arm and as usual, it came up in a red wheal. As a result, I trialled Fexofenadine at a high dose for 3 months. Unfortunately it did not work for me, it barely affected the urticaria. But if you notice an improvement when you take antihistamine, it might be worth you speaking with your doctor.

Joolibee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kathye10 on Tue May 07, 2013 12:20 am

Hi Joolibee,

Wow, I've never heard of that condition. I will look into it. What has worked for you? (If anything)
Kathye10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah001 on Tue May 07, 2013 5:45 pm

I also have chronic idiopathic urticaria and the anti-histamines help with that but not with my V. I've taken anti-histamines daily for over 18 years now so I think I've given them long enough to help..... Laughing
Sarah001

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joolibee on Tue May 07, 2013 7:12 pm

It must depend on what causes the vulval pain. It seems , Sarah, that our vulval pain runs separately from our auto-immune conditions. Kathye...what has worked for me...good question. Gabapentin definitely helps and when I lived in France I was prescribed a benzodiazepine type medication, which helped a lot. Apart from that, I find that avoiding trousers, tights, leggings....errr, and sex,...oh, and sitting down, all help to avoid aggravating it :-( Of course it's difficult to completely avoid some things, but the pain has reduced since I gave up stressing about it. Today I've decided to put myself on a regime of warm / hot baths every day, to help relax my pelvic muscles...and I bought a book on Mindfulness, with a view to seriously embarking on meditation.

Joolibee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lms911 on Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:07 pm

Coral they help me at times. While they don't take it away it seriously dulls down the pain at times. It's not a cure but it does help for me at least. I'd say its worth a try Smile

Lms911

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Zyrtec

Post  KimiKat on Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:06 pm

Zyrtec dulls the pain for me quite a bit. I discovered that by accident - took it in hopes it would help me sleep through the pain, and found that it lessened the pain as well as letting me sleep. It is my go-to during a flare.

KimiKat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum