I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Vestibulectomy
Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:39 pm by Hopeitworks

» Anyone been to see Dr.Claire Bailey in Birmingham?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:36 pm by Kezz

» Recently Diagnosed.... Help!
Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:57 pm by amyhp

» Discomfort from my own liquids
Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:27 am by Hopeitworks

» Anyone else have burning on the front of thighs?
Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:20 am by Hopeitworks

» Partial Vestibulectomy
Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:38 am by infinitelywondering

» Anyone being treated by Drexel University???
Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:50 pm by Hopeitworks

» Post Vestibulectomy Pain !!!
Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:00 pm by sj17

» Pain management - what works for me
Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:58 am by sj17

Partial Vestibulectomy

Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:44 pm by JGD13

Hi all i am new here.
I had a partial vestibulectomy 21/7 for my provoked vulvodynia.
After a painful few days and feeling quite uncomfortable it seemed to get better. 1 week after i noticed some white stuff and gloopy discharge, it wasnt smelly or itchy but i got a check up at the gp surgery and the doctor said the stitches looked fine and i could just have a touch of thrush. He said this is …

Comments: 4

New w/ Secondary Provoked Vestibuldynia

Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:46 pm by Birdy

Hi everyone,

I'm here because I'm pretty sure I have secondary provoked vestibuldynia, even though my gyno is still "optimistic" it is not.  My problem started six months ago when I got my second UTI in as many months (after going 25 years of life without one) and then ended up with a bad yeast infection (also my first one ever) thanks to the antibiotics.  Ever since the yeast …

Comments: 3

Anyone from the PNW?

Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:54 am by jungleclover

I'm located near Portland and I would be really cool to actually meet someone with this issue. I think my roommate in college technically had this problem. She had an overgrown hymen removed and can't deal with penetration as a result. But she is gay so it seems like it hasn't been a huge problem for her (although we didn't talk about it much so there was possibly more to it than she let on). …

Comments: 0

Constant pain, I want to die.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:29 am by Meggiemay

I posted on here a few years ago but my symptoms went away with the inflammation. I didn't get so lucky this time.

For over three months, i've had terrible rawness, burning, soreness in the urethral/vestibule area and pressure/hypersensitivity in the clitoral area. I've also had some lower abdominal pressure and burning on my butt. I can barely walk! My gyno hasn't been much help. I'm on …

Comments: 22

Newbie to the site

Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:16 am by Ksa

Hello. Thank you for this wonderful site. I'm currently under the care of a dr in Phoenix that specializes in vaginal disorders. I will probably be on a suppository of estridol the rest of my life and I am currently on medications for a rare form of vaginitis that's pretty unheard of for my age. My vagina literally hates me. I've struggled with vulvadynia for 20 years, the duration of my …

Comments: 1

New to the site and just had a vestibulectomy

Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:19 am by Hopeitworks

Hello Everyone,

I have been suffering from vulvodynia for years! So I decided to go ahead and have vestibulectomy on July 28, 2017. I really wished I would of found this site before I went through with the surgery. Maybe I would have been more prepared to deal with recovering. I just need someone to talk and I dont mind hearing your story.

Comments: 2

Post Vestibulectomy

Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:15 pm by infinitelywondering

Heya,

I had my vestibulectomy (full) about a day and a half ago. I was very sick and poorly just after the op and experienced intense pain down there Sad

However, today I came home and have done the following things:

-washed with warm water
-applied manuka honey to the area
-ensured I wash at least 3 times a day and dab the area dry gently
-use frozen peas to stop the swelling

As of now I am …

can anyone recommend a good dermatologist in LA?

Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:17 pm by saffron

Hi, I am wondering if anyone knows a vulvar dermatologist in Los Angeles? My problems seem to be external, but I'm having trouble finding a knowledgable doctor. My current dermatologist is pretty cosmetic based and I'm afraid all the products he prescribed actually made my situation so much worse!

I know there a few drs in Orange County/San Diego, but was hoping to stay local as even …

Comments: 3

Vulvodynia and IVF? Anyone done this? What does it do to the vulvadynia?

Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:03 am by Carolyn4

Hi everyone,

I have had vulvodynia since age 27--I am now 43 and it has been in pretty good remission.  I control it with acupuncture and herbs, and some cranial sacral therapy.  I have a 5 year old, had a pretty uneventful pregnancy which ended in a c-section.  My VV worsened after that, and I have worked hard to get it back under control (it took over a year to get it back into pretty good …

Hormones and Regular Periods

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hormones and Regular Periods

Post  lisa98 on Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:25 am

My period is 6 weeks late. Ive had a pregnancy test (might have transferred things during outercourse) which was negative and Im waiting for some blood test results. I usually have a very regular period, but i thought id ask you ladies how regular your cycles are- as a kind of test of how 'normal' all our hormone levels are. Has anyone had their levels of testosterone and other sex hormones tested? I haven't done any research into the influence of hormones on this condition so I dont really know what Im talking about. I did read that female hormones affect joint pain because around ovulation they make the ligaments holding the pelvis and other bones together relax, which comes in handy for childbirth but can exacerbate conditions based on hypermobility or wonkyness of joints. Why do our bodies have to be so damned complicated? Anyway, fingers crossed god isnt playing cruel jokes on me and giving me forced celibacy for 5 years as well as an accidental pregnancy.

lisa98

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hormones and Regular Periods

Post  Sarah001 on Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 pm

I wanted my hormones tested but the doctor refused, my periods have got alot closer together in the last 2 years but as my Mum was fully menopausal at 45 and I'm almost 38 now I suspect it's my hormones starting to decrease because of that. It's right before and during a period when the ligaments get looser, mine are loose all the time anyway but at that time my pelvic joints are alot worse and more prone to dislocation than at other times. Do you have hypermobile joints normally?
Sarah001

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  itchyandscratchy on Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:57 pm

I feel like hormones might have some effect on my condition also, I notice the cyclic patterns, but my doctor seems skeptical. Think I'll ask again if I can get my hormone levels tested, I'd just like to be able to rule it out if nothing else. You'd think doctors would be willing to check up on and test everything when they don't know the cause of a condition, but too often they're resistant to ideas they didn't come up with.
itchyandscratchy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zazu on Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:50 pm

In the book 'When Sex Hurts' by Dr. Goldstein(s) and a psychologist whose name I forget, he says there are three underlying causes of provoked vestibulodynia (VVS). The first is nerve-related, the second is pelvic-floor related and the third is hormonally related. The science behind the last one is pretty interesting. Apparently, when we are all tiny embryos, our vestibules develop from different tissue than the vaginal tissue (I think it's related to the urinary tract system). This different tissue actually relies on testosterone to remain healthy. If you have low levels of testosterone, it can throw the tissue into crisis. One major cause of this is the birth control pill which binds to active testosterone in the blood and deactivates it. Apparently those of us who started on the pill from a young age (I was 15) have an astronomically higher chance of developing VVS (something like 900 x more likely). I'm writing this from memory so don't quote me on it but that's the gist. The Dr. has had a lot of success with hormone modulating creams which increase testosterone in the vestibule but also supply estrogen in the surrounding vaginal tissue. Anyway it seems pretty conclusive that hormones affect V.

Zazu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah001 on Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:01 pm

It's infuriating isn't it? I've seen quite a few posts from women who improved using testosterone and oestrogen cream mixed but they are all from the U.S and not a single one from the U.K. My doctor was very, very reluctant to give me even oestrogen cream and ended up giving me pessaries instead which didn't work. I know for a fact she'd never consider giving me testosterone cream! I also started on the pill at 15 but haven't been on it for about 6 years now. I've also seen alot of women who took Yasmin with V and VVS and that was the last pill I was on too.
Sarah001

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zazu on Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:08 pm

Wow, I was on Yasmin too!!

Zazu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  itchyandscratchy on Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:40 pm

Did a quick search for "low tesosterone in women" - this is the first result http://www.buzzle.com/articles/symptoms-of-low-testosterone-in-women.html

Pretty interesting, dryness and pain during sex are apparently symptoms of low tesosterone in women, but it sounds like the research is pretty cutting edge.

That book sounds really interesting Zazu, think I'll look into getting a copy.
itchyandscratchy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah001 on Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:37 pm

My copy of that book is winging its way to me right now from Amazon! Another to add to the collection. Andrew Goldstein wrote the foreword in Amy Stein's Heal Pelvic Pain, I posted a link to it somewhere on here, can't remember where but if you find the link you can read what he thinks about treating V with physiotherapy. Or read it in Amy Stein's book of course if you have it!
Sarah001

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top