I forgot my password

New w/ Secondary Provoked Vestibuldynia

Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:46 pm by Birdy

Hi everyone,

I'm here because I'm pretty sure I have secondary provoked vestibuldynia, even though my gyno is still "optimistic" it is not.  My problem started six months ago when I got my second UTI in as many months (after going 25 years of life without one) and then ended up with a bad yeast infection (also my first one ever) thanks to the antibiotics.  Ever since the yeast …

Comments: 4

Newly diagnosed

Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:37 pm by Brevispink

Hello everyone. I have recently been diagnosed with unprovoked vulvodynia and would really appreciate some advice and support. I have had a chronic urine infection for 16 months and was on antibiotics for 9 of those months. I have been very uncomfortable for the entire time, but now I have absolutely unbearable stinging and burning all day with itching too. The infection has just about gone, …

Comments: 9

Recent "Poke" Pain - So Confused/Losing My Mind

Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:26 am by kelseybeth23

Long Story, but I am losing my mind and getting really depressed, so if I tell the full story maybe someone can help me.

Back in August I started to get an itch down there. Normally, in the past, when this would happen, I would change the way I wore my clothes, take more baths instead of showers, and use Monistat. This time, after about two weeks of no relief, I started to get concerned. I was …

Comments: 5

Does anyone else experience this?

Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:21 pm by Angelmegs

Hi— im new here. Im incredibly desperate so if anyone has any suggestions i would greatly appreciate it. Im a 20 year old female with vulvodynia and vaginismus. I was on the birth control pill (junel fe lo estrin) from age 13-18 because of severe menstrual pain. I used the xulane patch for a few months when i was 18 but eventually stopped BC altogether because it interferes with my med for …

Comments: 0

Post Full Vestibulectomy - 5 Years Later - Please Read

Tue May 02, 2017 6:18 pm by jen007

Hi All,

It's been awhile since I've written a new topic on the forum. Wondering if any of the same ladies are still here. I've come back to update you all on my post vestibulectomy results. I can't remember if I've done an update on my current state, so forgive me if this is repeated information... I can't remember how to view my old posts! Anyway, let me get on with my update.

For 4 years post …

Comments: 4

Do you ever worry that you're making it up?

Fri May 27, 2016 6:50 am by Lucci

Hello,

I was diagnosed with Vaginismus and Vulvar Vestibulitis 10 years ago. I was 18 and scared and moving across the country for college, but luckily was able to find a doctor who specialized in 'Women's Health' who immediately put me into physical therapy. Long story short, I've been in and out of the system ever since.

A few years into treatment, I had the diagnosis of PTSD added on for …

Comments: 7

Clitoris Issues

Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:17 pm by January

I am going crazyyy trying to figure out what's wrong. Please does anyone else have an issue similar to mine? I'm only 22. So, basically when my clit is lightly rubbed, there is no feeling. However, when rubbed vigorously and directly, the burning and tingling sensations shoot down my legs and feet as if coming to the end of an orgasm but with no good feeling leading up. It's so strange. What …

Comments: 2

Cured of Vulvodynia

Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:39 am by angelique2016

I used to post on this forum a long time ago and told everyone of how I was cured of my vulvodynia by a (Melbourne Australia) female dermatologist, she put me on very low doses of Nortriptyline (Allergron) for pain management about 10mgs I believe it was, and she also had me use Advantan Fatty Ointment (not the cream) (although I saw the cream for sale on ebay from germany) so it might help, as …

Comments: 10

Vulvodynia and IVF? Anyone done this? What does it do to the vulvadynia?

Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:03 am by Carolyn4

Hi everyone,

I have had vulvodynia since age 27--I am now 43 and it has been in pretty good remission.  I control it with acupuncture and herbs, and some cranial sacral therapy.  I have a 5 year old, had a pretty uneventful pregnancy which ended in a c-section.  My VV worsened after that, and I have worked hard to get it back under control (it took over a year to get it back into pretty good …

Comments: 1

Doctors...Where to Start?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Doctors...Where to Start?

Post  InPain on Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:41 pm

Hi all!

[Skip ahead to the bottom for my question; the rest is just background.]

I've had vulvar vestibulitis for over five years (I'm 26), and have had the ups, downs, and further downs that I'm sure all of you can relate to. At the moment, my only treatment plan is lifestyle adjustment:
- the Mister and I haven't had sex in five years, and lately, ANY sexual activity is just too scary for me
- I don't (nor have I ever!) use any scented products (laundry detergents, personal cleansers, hand soap, etc, etc)
- I no longer use tampons (just cotton-based pads)
- I gave up panties (save for those times when the pads are in use), and instead wear boxer-briefs (no touching, and when they do, it's 100% cotton)
- I don't bike or engage in much exercise, and I sit awkwardly and re-position myself often
- Lidocaine (2% gel) for the times when I really need it
- (there are probably lots more things I'm not thinking of; it's mostly second-nature at this point)
*I followed the low oxalate diet strictly for a year, with no noticeable change, so I stopped (limiting oneself to so few foods proved damaging to my well-being, and with no beneficial effect, I had no reason to stick with it).

So here I am now, in particular pain because of what I believe is a post-menstrual yeast infection on top of the vulvodynia, and I feel just utter hopelessness and despair over what to do next (I'm overwhelmed, and the pain itself is overwhelming, leaving me feeling paralyzed). I have a referral to a dermatologist who apparently specializes in vulvar pain, but all of my gyn. appointments have yielded little visible irritation, and I'm worried I'll be dropping a ton of money to just hear "Well, it's not x, y, or z dermatological condition." I've heard many of you mention pelvic floor muscle physical therapy, so I suppose I should try that next? (I'm also looking into seeing a neurologist, and maybe trying Neurontin; I have Raynaud's and Erythromelalgia, so it would be a "three birds with one stone" kind of deal.) In the meantime, though, what can I do about the [potential] yeast infection? Usually, I do nothing, and grit my teeth and wait for a week or two for things to settle down, because
a) much of the time, the doc just says, "No yeast. No bacteria. I guess it's just the vulvodynia," and
b) is there any way to get an exam without getting "an exam"? Especially in this increased pain, there is NO WAY I can handle an exam -- speculum or not. (And it's not just during, but AFTER. If it was only "during" that I felt pain, I'd take some pain meds and grit my teeth. But since the pain from an exam lasts for DAYS afterwards, I just can't deal with that.)

Any suggestions for a desperate sufferer?

InPain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Doctors...Where to Start?

Post  Sarah001 on Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:14 pm

Hi and welcome, if you suspect yeast simply buy an over the counter oral treatment and take it, if it is a yeast infection that will help and if not it won't hurt, it's the easy way to figure that problem out without having swabs etc. There isn't a way to get an exam without having an exam unfortunately, can't help you much with that one! Physical therapy is a great idea, the pelvic floor is usually dysfunctional in women with V so biofeedback is a good start but also all the muscles around the pelvis should be examined and the position of the pelvis too in case there's any misalignment. Meds can help some women, I'm on Ami and Lyrica but not having much success with either but it's worth a try. It sounds like you've not tried alot of things so far so don't give up hope, get an oral yeast treatment, try the meds and get your pelvic floor checked as a starting point. Let us know how you get on.
Sarah001

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top