I forgot my password

Similar topics
Latest topics
» Post Vestibulectomy
Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:48 pm by JGD13

» Vestibulectomy
Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:39 pm by Hopeitworks

» Anyone been to see Dr.Claire Bailey in Birmingham?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:36 pm by Kezz

» Recently Diagnosed.... Help!
Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:57 pm by amyhp

» Discomfort from my own liquids
Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:27 am by Hopeitworks

» Anyone else have burning on the front of thighs?
Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:20 am by Hopeitworks

» Partial Vestibulectomy
Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:38 am by infinitelywondering

» Anyone being treated by Drexel University???
Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:50 pm by Hopeitworks

» Post Vestibulectomy Pain !!!
Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:00 pm by sj17

Post Vestibulectomy

Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:15 pm by infinitelywondering

Heya,

I had my vestibulectomy (full) about a day and a half ago. I was very sick and poorly just after the op and experienced intense pain down there Sad

However, today I came home and have done the following things:

-washed with warm water
-applied manuka honey to the area
-ensured I wash at least 3 times a day and dab the area dry gently
-use frozen peas to stop the swelling

As of now I am …

Comments: 1

Partial Vestibulectomy

Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:44 pm by JGD13

Hi all i am new here.
I had a partial vestibulectomy 21/7 for my provoked vulvodynia.
After a painful few days and feeling quite uncomfortable it seemed to get better. 1 week after i noticed some white stuff and gloopy discharge, it wasnt smelly or itchy but i got a check up at the gp surgery and the doctor said the stitches looked fine and i could just have a touch of thrush. He said this is …

Comments: 4

New w/ Secondary Provoked Vestibuldynia

Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:46 pm by Birdy

Hi everyone,

I'm here because I'm pretty sure I have secondary provoked vestibuldynia, even though my gyno is still "optimistic" it is not.  My problem started six months ago when I got my second UTI in as many months (after going 25 years of life without one) and then ended up with a bad yeast infection (also my first one ever) thanks to the antibiotics.  Ever since the yeast …

Comments: 3

Anyone from the PNW?

Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:54 am by jungleclover

I'm located near Portland and I would be really cool to actually meet someone with this issue. I think my roommate in college technically had this problem. She had an overgrown hymen removed and can't deal with penetration as a result. But she is gay so it seems like it hasn't been a huge problem for her (although we didn't talk about it much so there was possibly more to it than she let on). …

Comments: 0

Constant pain, I want to die.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:29 am by Meggiemay

I posted on here a few years ago but my symptoms went away with the inflammation. I didn't get so lucky this time.

For over three months, i've had terrible rawness, burning, soreness in the urethral/vestibule area and pressure/hypersensitivity in the clitoral area. I've also had some lower abdominal pressure and burning on my butt. I can barely walk! My gyno hasn't been much help. I'm on …

Comments: 22

Newbie to the site

Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:16 am by Ksa

Hello. Thank you for this wonderful site. I'm currently under the care of a dr in Phoenix that specializes in vaginal disorders. I will probably be on a suppository of estridol the rest of my life and I am currently on medications for a rare form of vaginitis that's pretty unheard of for my age. My vagina literally hates me. I've struggled with vulvadynia for 20 years, the duration of my …

Comments: 1

New to the site and just had a vestibulectomy

Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:19 am by Hopeitworks

Hello Everyone,

I have been suffering from vulvodynia for years! So I decided to go ahead and have vestibulectomy on July 28, 2017. I really wished I would of found this site before I went through with the surgery. Maybe I would have been more prepared to deal with recovering. I just need someone to talk and I dont mind hearing your story.

Comments: 2

can anyone recommend a good dermatologist in LA?

Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:17 pm by saffron

Hi, I am wondering if anyone knows a vulvar dermatologist in Los Angeles? My problems seem to be external, but I'm having trouble finding a knowledgable doctor. My current dermatologist is pretty cosmetic based and I'm afraid all the products he prescribed actually made my situation so much worse!

I know there a few drs in Orange County/San Diego, but was hoping to stay local as even …

Comments: 3

Vulvodynia and IVF? Anyone done this? What does it do to the vulvadynia?

Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:03 am by Carolyn4

Hi everyone,

I have had vulvodynia since age 27--I am now 43 and it has been in pretty good remission.  I control it with acupuncture and herbs, and some cranial sacral therapy.  I have a 5 year old, had a pretty uneventful pregnancy which ended in a c-section.  My VV worsened after that, and I have worked hard to get it back under control (it took over a year to get it back into pretty good …

Comments: 0

Hypnosis worked for me!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hypnosis worked for me!

Post  paula298 on Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:53 am

Hi, I just thought I would share my story. I have suffered from Vulvodynia for about 7 years. I only feel the pain when I have sex and I have been very lucky that my husband is extremely supportive. I went to see a psychologist/ hypo therapist to deal with sleep issues that I have had all of my life. I also explained to him about the issues I have with my vulvodynia. He cleared my insomnia and we have just dealt with my vulvodynia. I went home after the session with “home work” as he called it and for the first time in 7 years I have pain free sex with my husband. We couldn’t believe it! The fact that it was such a physical problem that I would bleed and have cuts every time we would have sex, it just amazes me that he has switched off something in my subconscious and we had normal pain free sex.
I live in Perth and the phycologist I saw has been practising hypnosis for 30 years and he is a leader in his field so I wouldn’t recommend going to just anyone to try this. Hope this helps someone like it did me.

paula298

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hypnosis worked for me!

Post  ButterflyLiz on Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:12 am

Hi Paula, that’s really interesting. Do you know what it was that he switched off / what directions he gave your subconscious? Really glad that you’re able to have pain free sex now  At my last appointment my consultant mentioned something called auto-hypnosis, basically where you learn to semi-hypnotise yourself, but I got the impression that was more to do with pain management than an out and out cure.

xx
ButterflyLiz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lolainslacks on Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:40 pm

Perth Australia or Perth Scotland?

lolainslacks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  paula298 on Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:05 am

When he put me in a trance (sounds full on but its just listening to his voice and taking deep breaths) he told me that my Vulvodynia wasn’t going to cause me pain any more. He went into more detail than that but along those lines, I think he only spent about 15min with me in a trance.
The crazy thing is, is that I was freaking out thinking it was going to hurt just before my husband and I went to try. I think I built it up in my head so much and wanted it to work, that when we were about to try my conscious mind was freaking but then when we tried there was no pain at all. We couldn’t believe it.
To be honest I don’t think self-hypnosis would have worked for me. I have tried telling positive talk and telling myself before sex that it would be an enjoyable experience making sure there is no negative talk such as saying “this will not hurt” even saying that is classified as negative because the word “hurt” and “will not” is used. This would probably work for some people but I needed more than that.
I only had the hypnosis last week and we have only tested it out once but I am hoping that this is the end of my 7 year stint with Vulvodynia. I live in Perth, Australia so if either of you live here let me know and I’m happy to pass on the details of the guy I went to see.

paula298

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ButterflyLiz on Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:28 pm

Hey Paula thanks for the extra info. I do hope that's the end of your vulvodynia story. Thanks but I'm in the UK. It is definitely something to bear in mind though, I will do some digging and see if there is anyone reputable over here. I seem to be quite susceptible to hypnosis, I have a couple of tracks that I listen to, to help me sleep etc (I know the v's bit different though!). Anyway best wishes.

xx
ButterflyLiz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top