» Constant pain, I want to die.
Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:41 pm by Meggiemay

» What is Vulvodynia?
Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:21 pm by mary jane

» Will I ever be able to wear jeans?
Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:02 pm by jungleclover

» Looking for a friend IRL; LA/OC
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:58 pm by jungleclover

» Anyone else get this from yeast infections? (new member)
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:37 pm by jungleclover

» Owner of vulvodyniSuppoet.com
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:28 pm by LaurenVV

» anyone from southern california in here?
Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:38 am by crypticcalico

Just Diagnosed with Vulvadynia

Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:11 pm by CherryTree23

Well, I was just diagnosed today, yay...my symptoms are just burning pain in vaginal opening. This all came about after taking Bactrim, Monistat, Clindomycin and Diflucan. This doctor was extremely confident I have Vulvadynia. Also told me my vaginal skin isn't red. Yes, it is, mine isn't typically electric red. He prescribed Ampytripline (sp) said, I have a very mild case, and worse case …

Comments: 7

Vulvadynia

Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:53 pm by Linda Williams

I am 68 years old and a year ago was diagnosed with vestibulitis, then vulvadynia. I have a history of chinchilla bladder infections, have had major bladder repair, hysterectomy, mid 30's, an auto immune disease. I take a daily antibiotic to keep UTI's at bay. My doctor has done the Quip test which was uncomfortable but did not test anything. I use Premarin vaginal cream 2 times a week. These …

Comments: 3

Constant pain, I want to die.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:29 am by Meggiemay

I posted on here a few years ago but my symptoms went away with the inflammation. I didn't get so lucky this time.

For over three months, i've had terrible rawness, burning, soreness in the urethral/vestibule area and pressure/hypersensitivity in the clitoral area. I've also had some lower abdominal pressure and burning on my butt. I can barely walk! My gyno hasn't been much help. I'm on …

Comments: 21

Looking for a friend IRL; LA/OC

Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:51 am by crypticcalico

Hello!

I am hoping to find a friend in the LA/OC area that I can meet up with in person. I live in Long Beach, California and I am willing to drive a bit to meet. The only person that I've told about this is my doctor(s) and someone who couldn't wrap their brain around it. It would be nice to be able to talk to someone else who understands.

Comments: 1

Owner of vulvodyniSuppoet.com

Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:28 pm by LaurenVV

Hi, I started vulvodyniasupport.com at the age of 28.
I was a leader when there was no help, no forums etc.

As I went on my path, I found acupuncture, herbs and time helped me recover.
Most never do.

I met a wonderful woman named Hanna. She was a patient and became a support leader. She lived in FLoroda.

I have moved on from the support world and found a career that allowed
Me to bring my …

Comments: 0

anyone from southern california in here?

Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:43 pm by Melissa777

Hi Im just wondering if anyone here is from so cal- USA
I am in san diego- but from LA!!!

Comments: 6

Anyone else try Cold Laser therapy/ Low Level Laser Therapy for their vestibulodynia?

Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:01 am by Tired89

Hello everyone. It's been quite a long time since I've posted. I've been extremely depressed and bottling it all up. I've been seeing a pelvic floor therapist (it's only been 4 visits) for my provoked vestibulodynia and the only reason she can get inside of me to do myofascial release and to use the dilators is because I use BLT (benzocaine, lidocaine, tetracaine) ointment on my vestibule prior …

Comments: 2

Clitoris Issues

Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:17 pm by January

I am going crazyyy trying to figure out what's wrong. Please does anyone else have an issue similar to mine? I'm only 22. So, basically when my clit is lightly rubbed, there is no feeling. However, when rubbed vigorously and directly, the burning and tingling sensations shoot down my legs and feet as if coming to the end of an orgasm but with no good feeling leading up. It's so strange. What …

Comments: 1

Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:37 pm by Lisa1627

Hi ladies. I am new to the forum. I have had what I think is vulvodynia caused from hsv 2. So not only do I have the burning vag but the constant feeling of being contagious. I can honestly say that I hate my life and myself right now. There are days when I think I would rather be dead. I tried the amitryptline and it helped but if it's only making my brain think I don't have pain then it's …

Comments: 12

pain clinic

View previous topic View next topic Go down

pain clinic

Post  maggie on Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:04 pm

Hi, maggie here. Last year my GP refered me to a pain clinic at barts hospital, after a long wait my appointment finally came, i went along and saw the dr had a chat took all my papers with me, (not that it did much good.) I was given pregabalin 75mg to take, after being on them for a while they really did not make any differnce, the pain was still very much there,when i went back i told them this they said to stop taking them and that there not much more they could do , i was so disapointed, i then asked her about acupuncture, she said anything is worth a try,(so it's a good job i asked). so i'm now waiting for an appointment, already been waiting 4 months, will let you all no how i get on. I was told by my gyne to see a psychiatrist because when i saw her i was very tearful and low, i was'nt to please to go but u did never the less, which i'm glad i did because at the thime i was on amitriptyline, he told me to stop them and change to duloxetine, which i did , it's not helped with my pain but mentally i feel a lot better to cope with the pain, i still get bad days where i feel like pulling the hair out of my head where you just had enough. Another thing only had intercorse twice in neally three years, it's so painful, my gyne told me it would make me feel better if i did, how wrong was she, the only thing that will make me better is for ths pain to go away, thank god i've got a very understanding husband. At the mo i'm also using ovista cream which takes the dryness away but that does't always work. will it ever go away.))

maggie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: pain clinic

Post  Sarah001 on Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:29 am

Hi Maggie, that's a real shame about the pain clinic, some of them are better than others I think. Have you seen a vulvar dermatologist to rule out skin conditions? If you have a skin condition the pain relief angle won't be helpful because obviously the condition needs treating.

Also I'm told Sea Buckthorn Oil helps with dryness, you can either apply it directly to the skin or take capsules and they've found it helpful for dryness in the area. I haven't tried it yet myself but I've seen it mentioned on a variety of other sites and usually really positively.

The other thing I've seen mentioned alot is the use of testosterone cream along with oestrogen cream, apparently the two together work better than just oestrogen cream.

Another option is getting your pelvc flor checked out by a womens health physio, it can cause alot of problems if it's tight and weak so that's another option if you haven't already tried it.
Sarah001

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebby (Admin) on Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:23 am

Hi Maggie

Im going to a pain clinic soon, I will be going to King Georges in Redbridge so if i find them more helpful I will let you know as it does depend on the consultant with how much help you get.

It seems daft to try you on just one medication and then say they can do no more for you! From what I have read they should be able to try you on other nerve blockers and I have also heard that sum anit-convulsants help with the pain.

Sarah's suggestions are great and I will be using them myself so thank you Sarah!

Have you tried a anesthetic cream for intercourse? I havnt tried it as Im not in a relationship but Ive heard it helps with the pain

I always have to google the word anesthetic! I soooo cant spell it, I should learn!

Please let us know how the accupuncture works

Take care and dont give up

Sebby
xxx

Sebby (Admin)
Admin

View user profile http://vulvodyniasupport.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

maggie

Post  maggie on Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:04 pm

Hi, thanks for all your advice, i'm taking it all in, just a bit worried about using different creams after what
happered at the beggining.
I have tried the cream for intercorse, but it was still very painful, my husband not to keen on it either ha ha!,

King Georges hospital is not very far from me so i don't know why they sent me all the way to barts, (does anyone
on this nhs know what there doing).

I will try the acupunture, if no better i wii asked to go to king georges, thanks so much for that.

It would be interesting to no how others with vulvodynia are washing, i shower ,iv'e been told it's better then
having a bath, also i use nothing on my vulva but on my bottom i use aquous cream, also i would find it a big help if anyone has a sore bottom like me ( although it's normal skin when you look) would let me no what you use please.

All i can say is, Thank god for this forum and also to all of you who find the time to help others,
God bless you all,xxxxxxxxxx

ps.
I'm also a newbie with this computer hee hee! (still learning).

All take care, xxx maggie.

maggie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  julia on Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:17 pm

hi maggie i realise i didn't get back to you about what I use on my bottom. it's either aqueous cream or good old water at present, i don't have any magic solutions but will let you know as soon as i find one!

julia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jules on Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:45 pm

Maggie, I am on the same medication that you went off of. Pregabalin (aka Lyrica). I didn't have much relief w/ 50 or 75 Mgs. so my pain clinic doc increased it to 150 mgs. that made a big difference. you can take up to 300 mgs of Lyrica. I think its sad they told you there is nothing more they can do for you. that is so not true. i'm glad you came up w/ the idea of acupuncture. studies show that that has been helpful for some. have you tried Neurontin (anti-convulsant)? i was up to 3000 mgs of that. I did not get relief until i started taking around 3000 mgs. the other option is physical therapy. that has been found to be very helpful as well. but you really need something for that nerve pain. can't help you w/ washing your bottom. I get to use soap there :-)

jules

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah001 on Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:16 am

I'm really interested to hear how the acupuncture turns out too, I've read alot of positive things about using it for vulvodynia online so fingers crossed!
Sarah001

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top