I forgot my password

Constant pain, I want to die.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:29 am by Meggiemay

I posted on here a few years ago but my symptoms went away with the inflammation. I didn't get so lucky this time.

For over three months, i've had terrible rawness, burning, soreness in the urethral/vestibule area and pressure/hypersensitivity in the clitoral area. I've also had some lower abdominal pressure and burning on my butt. I can barely walk! My gyno hasn't been much help. I'm on …

Comments: 19

Clitoris Issues

Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:17 pm by January

I am going crazyyy trying to figure out what's wrong. Please does anyone else have an issue similar to mine? I'm only 22. So, basically when my clit is lightly rubbed, there is no feeling. However, when rubbed vigorously and directly, the burning and tingling sensations shoot down my legs and feet as if coming to the end of an orgasm but with no good feeling leading up. It's so strange. What …

Comments: 1

Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:37 pm by Lisa1627

Hi ladies. I am new to the forum. I have had what I think is vulvodynia caused from hsv 2. So not only do I have the burning vag but the constant feeling of being contagious. I can honestly say that I hate my life and myself right now. There are days when I think I would rather be dead. I tried the amitryptline and it helped but if it's only making my brain think I don't have pain then it's …

Comments: 12

Post Full Vestibulectomy - 5 Years Later - Please Read

Tue May 02, 2017 6:18 pm by jen007

Hi All,

It's been awhile since I've written a new topic on the forum. Wondering if any of the same ladies are still here. I've come back to update you all on my post vestibulectomy results. I can't remember if I've done an update on my current state, so forgive me if this is repeated information... I can't remember how to view my old posts! Anyway, let me get on with my update.

For 4 years post …

Comments: 3

Recovered from Vulvodynia

Thu May 04, 2017 9:42 pm by chancesunny

Hey everyone,

Im a new member on this forum and wanted to share my story so I can help anyone who is feeling helpless. Maybe what worked for me can work for you. I'll try to make this short so you can go get better!

I had vulvodynia for about 3-4 years. In the beginning, it started with pain that I thought was just a yeast infection and then I thought it was a urinary tract infection or …

Comments: 2

New here, my story and looking for advice

Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:02 am by rachiecakes

Hi All!

I was really hoping to get some feedback from everyone here - it's very hard dealing with an issue like this because no one really understands what I'm going through!

Im 28 years old I've had interstitial cystitis for 3 years - but never an vaginal issues. About 6 months ago I got a yeast infection following a course of antibiotics - similarly I developed IC after a bad UTI. The itching …

Comments: 4

New w/ Secondary Provoked Vestibuldynia

Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:46 pm by Birdy

Hi everyone,

I'm here because I'm pretty sure I have secondary provoked vestibuldynia, even though my gyno is still "optimistic" it is not.  My problem started six months ago when I got my second UTI in as many months (after going 25 years of life without one) and then ended up with a bad yeast infection (also my first one ever) thanks to the antibiotics.  Ever since the yeast …

Comments: 2

Male visitor

Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:19 pm by outsider

Hello!

I am a 25 year old guy who has erectile dysfunction following an injury a few years ago. I am here because I think that men and women with sexual dysfunction could benefit from dating each other. My experience has been that women have lost interest when they found out that penetrative sex was not possible with me.
So I am interested in learning more about female sexual disorders. Do young …

Comments: 3

New Here: Question/My Story

Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:00 am by overit14

Hi everyone. I came across this site by Googling "vulvar pain support". I feel like my case is different than most I read about so I was wondering if anyone else here experiences this in the way that I do.

This started in 2012 and has happened off and on since. I get really, really red and it's very painful, swollen and burns. Sometimes it may be a little itchy, but mostly it just …

Comments: 6

Come & Go Vulvdoynia

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Come & Go Vulvdoynia

Post  mmorgan on Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:51 pm

Looks like we are getting new members by the truck load lately. Finally doctors are putting a name to the face (sort to speak) to this awful condition. I just wanted to share my story in hopes to maybe 'click' with some of the newly diagnosed or even some of the older members.

My one year of dealing with the 'V' is coming up (such a said thing when you "celebrate" anniversarys to such an awful thing as this). In August of 2010 I started birth control for the first time and was given Microgestin FE 1.5 to start taking. A few months later in November, I was diagnosed with Herpes (HSV-1). I continued to take my birth control pills but due to breakthrough bleeding Planned Parenthood changed my dosage and I began taking Microgestin 3.0 in February of 2011. April 19,2011 I went to PP(Planned Parenthood) because I thought I was having another herpes outbreak due to some bumps on my vulva, turned out it was just bumps from shaving and was prescribed Metronidazole for BV. I had been overly cleaning and stupidly using anti-bacterial wash on my lady parts along with using body powder to keep the bumps dry which caused the BV. I finished my antibiotics on the 26 of April.
This may seem crazy but I remember the first day this burning sensation began, after a vigorous love making session the next day I was all burny; May 11th is the day hell began (my burning felt like a lighter was to my vulva). I waited a week to see if it would go away on it's own and after to my dismay it didn't I took another trip to PP and she had no clue what was going on, she didn't take a swab she didn't think I had bacteria or yeast, said there was no redness or inflammation. So this dumb lady gave me Phenazopyridine which is just like the pills you take when you have a UTI that turns your pee TOXIC ORANGE in color. Though it did help while taking them, the pills have aspirin in them and my burning usually started after my morning void so when I peed I'm guessing the medicine would soak into my vuvla skin and help me find some relief? So after finishing the 3 pills she gave me for that and the burning still didn't stop I decided to discontinue my birth control usage.
Fast forward to 2 doctors later and both of them trying to give me yeast infection medicine (I declined) after they did not even wait for swab results. I had done tons of research so I already sort of knew what to expect. So about 2 months tops of being off birth control my pain dropped to around 2-3 pain level. (YAY no more lighter feeling!)
November of 2011 I find out I'm pregnant (we were trying), for the first two weeks of my pregnancy I felt so normal. Now my pain returns every once in a while throughout the day. I can't understand how it can just come and go like this. I'm so thankful my pain isn't like it was in the beginning.
So my treatment plan was just to let my body "heal" on it's own, of course everyone's cause is different so what may have worked for me won't for others. After this pregnancy I hope to work off the pain level 2-3 by taking Amtrip. and feel normal again. There is hope and I guarantee just by reading all the stories that are here on this board help me when I'm feeling depressed about Firecrotch. Rolling Eyes
mmorgan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Come & Go Vulvdoynia

Post  BpCookie on Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:11 pm

Hello Morgan, First I wanted to say that I love your avatar, In a way its similar to mine.

It pains me that your so young and your having to go through this. Its bad enough to have it when your older but when your so young, it must be terrible. So Im wondering and please correct me if Im wrong, the fire crotch thing started to calm down after you became pregnant? If thats the case then perhaps the change in your hormone levels is what helped you. Right now Im perimenopausal and Ive just started using hormone replacement stuff. Im hoping it will help.

By any chance do you have a thyroid issue and or an autoimmune disease? Im trying to figure out what could be causing this and I have read that many women have these other issues along with the vaginosis.

Stay strong and keep well.
BpCookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mmorgan on Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:56 pm

Yeah times like this sometimes the furry ones help keep the smile going. Smile What's your dogs name?

I stopped the birth control in May a week after the V started, I noticed the pain subside after a month and a half. My date I conceived was in early November so I doubt the initial surge of relief was due to being pregnant as I wasn't yet. After I took my pregnancy test that week and the week before where PAIN FREE, I'm guessing mine really does have to deal with hormones. I would find the most relief when I was on my period, which most ladies here find that the opposite.

I don't have insurance at all but now that I'm pregnant I have medicaid so I had to pay all doctor pills in full before my pregnancy. I haven't had my thyroid checked and as far as I know I don't have any autoimmune disorders. I was perfectly healthy before the herpes and the V. I'm fortunate that I only had the one outbreak, I couldn't imagine what it would be like with an outbreak and the V.

I also found I would get BV if I let my partner cum in me so we cut that out and now so far I'm BV free. KNOCK ON WOOD. The things females have to go through, it's tough! Really tough.

Also my pain spot tends to jump from place to place, it's never in the same place but for a day. I find my V way different then anyone elses here. Sad I have like no one to connect with but I do like supporting those who also feel alone.
mmorgan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BpCookie on Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:52 pm

my fur baby is named Chewy. Whats your babies name? When Im really upset and crying my eyes out my little dog will jump on my lap and give me kisses. Its nice to have something so loving.

About 10 yrs ago I had vaginal warts and had to have them burned off three times. The last time they appeared I asked my Dr. to burn them much deeper and it seemed to work. I do have scaring from it though.

Im so sorry that you feel alone. Its such a tough thing to deal with because its not like we can tell ppl "My vagina burns like Hell so I need to go sit on an ice pack". Ive become a very good actress. When Im around ppl I will TRY to pretend that nothing is wrong but the entire time Im in pain. Sometimes I feel like running down the road naked and screaming "My vagina is killing me!!!!!!! All you men who whine and moan about little things dont know what misery is. So SHUT up!!!". I do still have a sense of humor in all of this. I am also Bipolar so it doesnt help with the depression at all.

We can be a support to each other. Im pretty used to supporting ppl. I have belong to a Bipolar online support group for over 4 years now. It helps me to be able to help others.

BpCookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mmorgan on Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:18 pm

My squishy faced handsome man's name is Punkie. Smile Sometimes my boyfriend gets upset and jealous of him but hey he was here before he was. LOL.

How far along after the removal before things started?
mmorgan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BpCookie on Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:33 pm

Oh I had the warts removed years before this all started. I would guess I had them removed about 10 yrs ago.
BpCookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  penfebruary on Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:54 am

Hi mmorgan, just wanted to say you're not the only one - I think my V started on about May 20th! And mine also moves around and chops and changes and comes and goes so that its ridiculously exhausting even beginning to try to work out what on earth it's doing!
Anyway was just nice to see a similar person, in a way. Take care x
penfebruary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum