Log in

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Can you guys tell me your experiences with diflucan/Fluconazole?
Yesterday at 1:29 am by ryn207

» So frustrating!!
Yesterday at 1:25 am by ryn207

» Looking for suggestions or encouragement
Yesterday at 1:19 am by ryn207

» Looking for a friend..... and new problems
Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:00 pm by VVSSufferer

» Vestibulectomy recovery question!
Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:37 pm by Kezz

» Prescription creams that work!
Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:46 am by Mintaherb

» Struggling
Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:29 am by Mintaherb

» Went Away and Came Back
Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:56 am by mary jane

» Amitriptyline given for vulvodyina pain
Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:39 am by ryn207

So frustrating!!

Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:15 am by Hannah77

Well I'm back in pain after 7 years of pain free days.
I was diagnosed with vulvodynia when I was 17. I suffered for three years with horrible burning all day, painful sex with my boyfriend and just pure misery Sad I went into a spontaneous remission when I was 20. I'm still not sure how the pain stopped but all the sudden I could go an entire day without thinking of my vagina, sex started to …

Comments: 3

Looking for suggestions or encouragement

Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:10 am by ryn207

Hi there. I'm 25 and have been dealing with this for over a year and a half and I'm really starting to lose hope this will ever stop.

In July of 2016 I had a yeast infection. When Monistat didn't work I went to my gynecologist who prescribed Diflucan. When the itching didn't stop she retested me and found that my yeast infection was gone, but I now had a bacterial infection. After taking the …

Comments: 4

Looking for a friend..... and new problems

Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:38 pm by infinitelywondering

Hi everyone,

I hope you're doing well.

I hate to say this, but I feel beaten down and terribly alone. I had a vestibulectomy surgery about 6 months ago and I was absolutely praying it would work. It didn't.

6 months later and here I am, sitting on my bedroom floor crying my eyes out because I know I'll never be able to have painfree sex. I don't know what to do and just need a friend Sad

Comments: 5

Amitriptyline given for vulvodyina pain

Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:46 pm by katycrawford

Hi there,

After years of being misdiagnosed etc as most women have on this forum I have finally been diagnosed with vulvodynia (yay) and have been given the lowest dose of an antidepressant called Amitriptyline. Has anyone been on this before and has any positive (or negative) news to give me? Im feeling down already and I've only been taking it for a few days, I don't have much hope of it …

Comments: 11

7 years later and life looks bleak :(

Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:50 am by RainyShay77

So 7 years ago I had a case of BV...the antibiotic caused a horrible yeast infection which took 5 months to 'get rid of'. During this time I had allergic reactions to 2 of the yeast infection creams which magnified the pain. Over the past 7 years I've tried multiple rounds of physical therapy (they only slightly helped), chiropractic, nerve blocks, medications to target nerve pain (amitriptyline, …

Comments: 7

Newly diagnosed - and prescribed amitriptyline cream/physio/psychology

Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:38 am by sophiarp

Hi everyone,

I'm so happy to have stumbled across this forum. I have just been diagnosed and am really struggling emotionally. It's nice to find this forum and feel a little less alone.

I've been prescribed amitriptyline cream. Has anyone had success with this? I was happy to have avoided the amitriptyline tablets. I'm also participating in physio and have been told I need to see a psychologist …

Comments: 2

Somebody please help me...

Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:05 am by Andlag

Hey everyone,

since I started being sexually active i often experienced burning in my vagina which was often worse during sex /around the time of my period or when using lubricants. I was never able to use tampons because the one time i tried putting them in it felt like acid was poured on my skin. Fast forward to 2 months ago when I got a UTI and an allergic reaction in my vagina. I thought it …

Comments: 11

Amtriptyline, baclofen, gabapentin cream for provoked vestibuldynia

Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:15 pm by WVR00

Has anyone had success with this cream in helping their vulvodynia? How long has it taken to help? I’ve had some success with it, but not completely better. I’ve been on it for a month. I️ was hoping to hear from some ladies who have had major success with this cream. I’m hoping for some encouragement here. This condition is so frustrating. I’m lucky enough to have access to two …

Comments: 1

New diagnosis, any advice whilst I wait for a specialist

Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:47 pm by Julesyjules


I'm new here and wanted to ask for some advice whilst I wait to see a specialist nurse.

After urinary problems which lasted 7 weeks, I finally saw a urologist, who on examination discovered significant inflammation and called in a gynaecologist, who diagnosed vestibulitis. They referred me to a nurse who specialises in vulvar skin issues. That was 5 weeks ago, and I'm still waiting for the …

Comments: 1

Should I See a Specialist ($$$$)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should I See a Specialist ($$$$)

Post  Chase C on Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:38 pm

Hi Everyone!

I am a 43-year old who has been suffering from varying levels of burning and irritation for the last six months. I was recently diagnosed with vulvar vestibulitis after multiple tests and cultures for yeast and STD's. This was appropriate as I stupidly engaged in unprotected sex Sad and there was some tearing involved. I have been to mulitple doctors and the only thing that has shown up in blood tests is HSV-1. The vaginal culture was negative - indicating that like 80% of the population I have been exposed the cold sore virus. I feel lucky, but am still beating myself up about being such an idiot. My symptoms are worst @ Day 7 of my cycle (the house is on fire) with inflammation and swelling of the lower vulvar area. I am contemplating going to see a specialist who deals with vulvar disorders, but the initial consult is $1500! I have been prescribed Mycalog (steroid/yeast cream) and Estrace, but neither have really provided any relief. I am appreciative of your thoughts, and am grateful to the people who built and maintain this forum! THANKS!

Chase C

Posts : 2
Join date : 2012-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should I See a Specialist ($$$$)

Post  Sarah001 on Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:39 pm

I would say get your pelvic floor checked, that frequently shows up as problems in the lower section of the vulva.

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2010-06-11
Age : 44
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should I See a Specialist ($$$$)

Post  Aussie on Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:53 am

I would suggest getting ALL your hormones tested and don't use creams down there at all please.

You will want your E1, E2 E3 Progesterone testoserone SHBG, LH, FSH etc etc just see if anything comes out even slightly out of wack. Estrogen is the biggy. Vulva pain can be caused by lack of it which is frequent in women over 40.

A couple of ladies on the IC network forum found estrogen cream helped their IC and VV.



Posts : 227
Join date : 2011-03-15
Age : 29
Location : Queensland, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should I See a Specialist ($$$$)

Post  noni on Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:42 am

Hi - im sorry you had to find us. But its great we can be here for one another.

I would suggest doing some research about drugs used for V. Like; amitriptyline, gabapentin, neurontin, lyrica etc etc....

Then go to you regular doctor/family doctor with the information in hand, and ask for a treatment plan. Hopefully, your doctor will be willing to listen and help you.

If not, then you may have to see a ''specialist''. These too are sometimes not helpful. Mine was terrible.

Its most important to receive a diagnosis, which is the first hurdle, then you can look inot options for treatments. Its hit or miss with this disorder.

Be patient. Have faith.

I wish you luck Smile

Posts : 242
Join date : 2011-01-10
Age : 30
Location : Ontario

View user profile

Back to top Go down


Post  Chase C on Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:24 am

I had an appt with my regular Ob-Gyn and have decided to go ahead and see a specialist. We have a center in our area that specializes in vulvo-vaginal disorders and my appt is in 3 weeks. I will keep you posted. Thanks for your feedback and support! I love you

Chase C

Posts : 2
Join date : 2012-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should I See a Specialist ($$$$)

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum