I forgot my password

Latest topics
New w/ Secondary Provoked Vestibuldynia

Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:46 pm by Birdy

Hi everyone,

I'm here because I'm pretty sure I have secondary provoked vestibuldynia, even though my gyno is still "optimistic" it is not.  My problem started six months ago when I got my second UTI in as many months (after going 25 years of life without one) and then ended up with a bad yeast infection (also my first one ever) thanks to the antibiotics.  Ever since the yeast …

Comments: 4

Newly diagnosed

Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:37 pm by Brevispink

Hello everyone. I have recently been diagnosed with unprovoked vulvodynia and would really appreciate some advice and support. I have had a chronic urine infection for 16 months and was on antibiotics for 9 of those months. I have been very uncomfortable for the entire time, but now I have absolutely unbearable stinging and burning all day with itching too. The infection has just about gone, …

Comments: 9

Recent "Poke" Pain - So Confused/Losing My Mind

Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:26 am by kelseybeth23

Long Story, but I am losing my mind and getting really depressed, so if I tell the full story maybe someone can help me.

Back in August I started to get an itch down there. Normally, in the past, when this would happen, I would change the way I wore my clothes, take more baths instead of showers, and use Monistat. This time, after about two weeks of no relief, I started to get concerned. I was …

Comments: 5

Does anyone else experience this?

Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:21 pm by Angelmegs

Hi— im new here. Im incredibly desperate so if anyone has any suggestions i would greatly appreciate it. Im a 20 year old female with vulvodynia and vaginismus. I was on the birth control pill (junel fe lo estrin) from age 13-18 because of severe menstrual pain. I used the xulane patch for a few months when i was 18 but eventually stopped BC altogether because it interferes with my med for …

Comments: 0

Post Full Vestibulectomy - 5 Years Later - Please Read

Tue May 02, 2017 6:18 pm by jen007

Hi All,

It's been awhile since I've written a new topic on the forum. Wondering if any of the same ladies are still here. I've come back to update you all on my post vestibulectomy results. I can't remember if I've done an update on my current state, so forgive me if this is repeated information... I can't remember how to view my old posts! Anyway, let me get on with my update.

For 4 years post …

Comments: 4

Do you ever worry that you're making it up?

Fri May 27, 2016 6:50 am by Lucci

Hello,

I was diagnosed with Vaginismus and Vulvar Vestibulitis 10 years ago. I was 18 and scared and moving across the country for college, but luckily was able to find a doctor who specialized in 'Women's Health' who immediately put me into physical therapy. Long story short, I've been in and out of the system ever since.

A few years into treatment, I had the diagnosis of PTSD added on for …

Comments: 7

Clitoris Issues

Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:17 pm by January

I am going crazyyy trying to figure out what's wrong. Please does anyone else have an issue similar to mine? I'm only 22. So, basically when my clit is lightly rubbed, there is no feeling. However, when rubbed vigorously and directly, the burning and tingling sensations shoot down my legs and feet as if coming to the end of an orgasm but with no good feeling leading up. It's so strange. What …

Comments: 2

Cured of Vulvodynia

Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:39 am by angelique2016

I used to post on this forum a long time ago and told everyone of how I was cured of my vulvodynia by a (Melbourne Australia) female dermatologist, she put me on very low doses of Nortriptyline (Allergron) for pain management about 10mgs I believe it was, and she also had me use Advantan Fatty Ointment (not the cream) (although I saw the cream for sale on ebay from germany) so it might help, as …

Comments: 10

Vulvodynia and IVF? Anyone done this? What does it do to the vulvadynia?

Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:03 am by Carolyn4

Hi everyone,

I have had vulvodynia since age 27--I am now 43 and it has been in pretty good remission.  I control it with acupuncture and herbs, and some cranial sacral therapy.  I have a 5 year old, had a pretty uneventful pregnancy which ended in a c-section.  My VV worsened after that, and I have worked hard to get it back under control (it took over a year to get it back into pretty good …

Comments: 1

Finally gone after 5 years

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Finally gone after 5 years

Post  Lara on Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:12 pm

I suffered with this for 5 years. Take Fluconazole for 1 to 2 weeks and then take one when/if symptoms reappear. A few months after doing this week of treatment it went away forever. Over the years I had tried everything else. Nothing else worked and I am so glad that hell is over. Be skeptical of homeopathic remedies.

Lara

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Finally gone after 5 years

Post  JemimaSurrender on Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:19 pm

That's really good news Lara!

I had Fluconazole as a thrush treatment for a good few months. I would take it for a week, then take one tablet at the start of every week to ward off any more thrush outbursts. It worked great for a good while and I stopped taking it with no further trouble. My recurrent thrush then came back, and after taking Fluconazole again for a few weeks I was still suffering, and thus the story of V starts!

It's really interesting that this worked for you though. I think I'll have to look into it again. I'm willing to try anything!

Thanks for the heads up Lara!

JemimaSurrender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lara on Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:02 pm

Yeah so I took 1 and a half 100mg tablets daily. Apparently it was a sub-clinical yeast infection. I had ruled out that it had anything to do with yeast/thrush because I did not have any visible symptoms and the over-the-counter yeast treatments (Monistat etc) didn't help at all. But it was definitely related to yeast, at least in my case.

Lara

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pepper7 on Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:32 pm

Wow that sounds amazing! Ill ask my doctor about it. How long have you been pain free?

pepper7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lara on Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:24 pm

10 months so far. And not even a hint of it! Smile

Lara

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ButterflyLiz on Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:37 pm

OK so I'm being a bit thick but how long did you take it for? Every day for a week once a month? Thanks!
ButterflyLiz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  penfebruary on Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:13 am

Could you tell us a bit more about your story?
As Liz said, how and when did you take the medication etc? And what were your V symptoms? Thanks and I'm really pleased for you!!
penfebruary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blessed on Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:16 pm

after waiting forever to see a gyne, she said she 'thinks' its a yeast, even though i have undoubtedly all the symptoms of V. she put me on fluconzoale which i had taken when all this hell first started. well it never worked and so when i went back to see her the second time, she said well it could be endometriosis. i know it isn't because i had this 9 years ago and had surgery done for it. the pain i had back then is absolutely in no way what i am having now.. nevertheless, being so desperate for some reprieve, i thought, i should just listen to her and go on whatever medication she was about to give me. anyways, she did not prescribe it that day and told me to come again. so this week, for the 3rd time i saw her and thinking she was going to talk about endometriosis, she completely forgot about that, never brought it up and now said maybe its a hernia. so she sent me for another ultrasound, and said if that comes back normal then she cannot help me. this is a very hopeless situation and i'd rather die that go through another day. today i was just lying down in my living room with my husband watching tv.. and i just began to visualize taking all my codeine pills, mashing up them to powder and drinking them down with a glass of juice. but then i had to remind myself, that though it seems i would never ever be able to live a normal life again, God is able to make a way where there is none.. and even if He didn't, well atleast His grace will take me through, ONE DAY AT A TIME. i am glad the fluconzaole worked for you. and maybe something else would work for me.

blessed

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lara on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:09 pm

I took 1 and a half 100mg Fluconazole tablets daily for one week. And then I took one pill a week for about 3 weeks after.

The plan was to take it for 2 weeks because the study my doctor was referring to had participants take it for 2 weeks. But I couldn't tolerate the side effects and I wasn't sure it would work anyway. I don't remember exactly what the side effects were, they weren't too bad but I just wasn't too motivated as I thought it was a shot in the dark. But I have never had any symptoms since, as was the case for a significant proportion of participants in the study.

My V symptoms were, ughh I don't even want to think about it... but, well they were achy V, very painful if not impossible to have intercourse, it felt like my vulva secreted tabasco sauce, achy ovaries, hurt to sit, made me lethargic when it flared up - which was for about a week or more at a time and then it disapated for 1 - 3 weeks. The cycle was not related to my mentrual cycle. Throbbing. Burning. No visible signs, though sometimes had tears like small paper-cuts.

Lara

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ButterflyLiz on Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:08 pm

Thanks Lara, that's really interesting. I'm thinking of taking the idea to my doctor, would love to find that study. Do you know any more about it e.g. did it focus just on people with subclinical infections or all types of yeast? Thanks for your help xx
ButterflyLiz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lara on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:00 pm

I wish I had the study, but I do not. I also moved, so I no longer see that doctor. The study focused on people with vulodynia, not specifically with any recognized yeast infection. You're very welcome! I just read once that V success stories are rarely posted because once the individual is all better, they are less inclined to revisit these sites. So I wanted to make the effort to let you all know. It was horrible to suffer through and after 5 years I almost resigned to the idea that it would never end. But I'm so relieved and so grateful to scientific research studies like these. Best of luck to you!

Lara

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  naomi on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:32 pm

Gutted! I tried this idea...150mg fluconazole DAILY for 3 months...did nothing apart from stop the white discharge...was so upset when it didn't cure me
naomi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  naomi on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:34 pm

If I ever can have sex again though I will def take the weekly dose of fluconazole, as I'm so prone to yeast infections xx
naomi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ButterflyLiz on Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:49 pm

Hm, it's proving difficult to find! This is the only study I can find that mentions vulvodynia & diflucan. I don't think it's the right one cos they do specifically look for yeast, but it's interesting nonetheless cos it shows colposcopy can show up yeast even when a culture doesn't - and in those patients, long-term yeast treatment had a 60% success rate.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17286065
ButterflyLiz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pepper7 on Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:44 pm

So I tried this.... and it seems to have worked not 100% but 85% at least! Iv not had any pain since I last posted which was a month ago (maybe more, maybe less) I still have slight pain but nothing like what I had previously. Im just hoping and praying it continues

Fingers crossed
Px

pepper7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kallista on Wed May 02, 2012 1:21 pm

Candida (yeast) can be systemic as well. A blood test will tell. I tested positive and my doctor, who is not a gyn, but specializes in integrative medicine is treating me with 100 mg Diflucan twice daily. I tried 200 mg once daily, but that way the die-off reaction was so bad I could hardly function. I`m on it for 2 weeks, off for one week. The theory is that the yeast spores, which the Diflucan does not get, can develop during that week off into yeast to be then killed by the meds. We are planning to do this until I have no longer a reaction to the meds, which will tell that the yeast is dead. At the same time I went on a low-carb diet to literally starve the yeast. The only carbs I eat come from veggies. No starches whatsoever. I do have other food issues as well (I posted the histamine topic yesterday), so I`m on a very restricted diet.
There is another yeast though, Candida glabrata, which does not respond to Fuoconazole at all.

Kallista

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top