I forgot my password

Similar topics
    Latest topics
    » Post Vestibulectomy
    Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:48 pm by JGD13

» Vestibulectomy
    Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:39 pm by Hopeitworks

» Anyone been to see Dr.Claire Bailey in Birmingham?
    Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:36 pm by Kezz

» Recently Diagnosed.... Help!
    Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:57 pm by amyhp

» Discomfort from my own liquids
    Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:27 am by Hopeitworks

» Anyone else have burning on the front of thighs?
    Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:20 am by Hopeitworks

» Partial Vestibulectomy
    Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:38 am by infinitelywondering

» Anyone being treated by Drexel University???
    Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:50 pm by Hopeitworks

» Post Vestibulectomy Pain !!!
    Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:00 pm by sj17

Post Vestibulectomy

Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:15 pm by infinitelywondering

Heya,

I had my vestibulectomy (full) about a day and a half ago. I was very sick and poorly just after the op and experienced intense pain down there Sad

However, today I came home and have done the following things:

-washed with warm water
    -applied manuka honey to the area
    -ensured I wash at least 3 times a day and dab the area dry gently
    -use frozen peas to stop the swelling

As of now I am …

Comments: 1

Partial Vestibulectomy

Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:44 pm by JGD13

Hi all i am new here.
    I had a partial vestibulectomy 21/7 for my provoked vulvodynia.
    After a painful few days and feeling quite uncomfortable it seemed to get better. 1 week after i noticed some white stuff and gloopy discharge, it wasnt smelly or itchy but i got a check up at the gp surgery and the doctor said the stitches looked fine and i could just have a touch of thrush. He said this is …

Comments: 4

New w/ Secondary Provoked Vestibuldynia

Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:46 pm by Birdy

Hi everyone,

I'm here because I'm pretty sure I have secondary provoked vestibuldynia, even though my gyno is still "optimistic" it is not.  My problem started six months ago when I got my second UTI in as many months (after going 25 years of life without one) and then ended up with a bad yeast infection (also my first one ever) thanks to the antibiotics.  Ever since the yeast …

Comments: 3

Anyone from the PNW?

Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:54 am by jungleclover

I'm located near Portland and I would be really cool to actually meet someone with this issue. I think my roommate in college technically had this problem. She had an overgrown hymen removed and can't deal with penetration as a result. But she is gay so it seems like it hasn't been a huge problem for her (although we didn't talk about it much so there was possibly more to it than she let on). …

Comments: 0

Constant pain, I want to die.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:29 am by Meggiemay

I posted on here a few years ago but my symptoms went away with the inflammation. I didn't get so lucky this time.

For over three months, i've had terrible rawness, burning, soreness in the urethral/vestibule area and pressure/hypersensitivity in the clitoral area. I've also had some lower abdominal pressure and burning on my butt. I can barely walk! My gyno hasn't been much help. I'm on …

Comments: 22

Newbie to the site

Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:16 am by Ksa

Hello. Thank you for this wonderful site. I'm currently under the care of a dr in Phoenix that specializes in vaginal disorders. I will probably be on a suppository of estridol the rest of my life and I am currently on medications for a rare form of vaginitis that's pretty unheard of for my age. My vagina literally hates me. I've struggled with vulvadynia for 20 years, the duration of my …

Comments: 1

New to the site and just had a vestibulectomy

Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:19 am by Hopeitworks

Hello Everyone,

I have been suffering from vulvodynia for years! So I decided to go ahead and have vestibulectomy on July 28, 2017. I really wished I would of found this site before I went through with the surgery. Maybe I would have been more prepared to deal with recovering. I just need someone to talk and I dont mind hearing your story.

Comments: 2

can anyone recommend a good dermatologist in LA?

Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:17 pm by saffron

Hi, I am wondering if anyone knows a vulvar dermatologist in Los Angeles? My problems seem to be external, but I'm having trouble finding a knowledgable doctor. My current dermatologist is pretty cosmetic based and I'm afraid all the products he prescribed actually made my situation so much worse!

I know there a few drs in Orange County/San Diego, but was hoping to stay local as even …

Comments: 3

Vulvodynia and IVF? Anyone done this? What does it do to the vulvadynia?

Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:03 am by Carolyn4

Hi everyone,

I have had vulvodynia since age 27--I am now 43 and it has been in pretty good remission.  I control it with acupuncture and herbs, and some cranial sacral therapy.  I have a 5 year old, had a pretty uneventful pregnancy which ended in a c-section.  My VV worsened after that, and I have worked hard to get it back under control (it took over a year to get it back into pretty good …

Comments: 0

Sanitary towls, panty liners and tampons

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sanitary towls, panty liners and tampons

Post  Sebby (Admin) on Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:44 pm

Hi Girls

Have you found that you can only use certain brands/types of Sanitary protection?

I dont use tampons, never liked them far to uncomfortable and I wouldnt even bother now with the pain.

I tried Natra Care and had to order them online as they are 100% cotton and orgainic, didnt make a difference and also tried boots cottons.

I dont even bother with panty liners anymore

Recently I have found that I can use Always Silk with the most comfort.

Only a couple of months ago I forgot to buy the Silk and was at work and only had normal towls so I took the chance and I was in so much pain! I went back to the Silk but was then in pain for 2 weeks straight!

These last two periods I have only used Silk and have not had the pain I had then. In fact during and after my period I have had at least half the pain I had when using other pads.

Its maybe cos they are soft?

Sebby
    xxx
    Sebby (Admin)
    Admin

View user profile http://vulvodyniasupport.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanitary towls, panty liners and tampons

Post  Sarah001 on Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:47 am

I use Natra Care panty liners and tampons if I can face a tampon but I stopped using Always because they are apparently the worst brand for chemicals. I changed to Bodyform which don't have that horrible waxy chemical filled layer on the top. I'm not sure it's made any difference whatsoever which ones I use though!
    Sarah001

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top