I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Post Vestibulectomy
Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:48 pm by JGD13

» Vestibulectomy
Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:39 pm by Hopeitworks

» Anyone been to see Dr.Claire Bailey in Birmingham?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:36 pm by Kezz

» Recently Diagnosed.... Help!
Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:57 pm by amyhp

» Discomfort from my own liquids
Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:27 am by Hopeitworks

» Anyone else have burning on the front of thighs?
Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:20 am by Hopeitworks

» Partial Vestibulectomy
Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:38 am by infinitelywondering

» Anyone being treated by Drexel University???
Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:50 pm by Hopeitworks

» Post Vestibulectomy Pain !!!
Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:00 pm by sj17

Post Vestibulectomy

Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:15 pm by infinitelywondering

Heya,

I had my vestibulectomy (full) about a day and a half ago. I was very sick and poorly just after the op and experienced intense pain down there Sad

However, today I came home and have done the following things:

-washed with warm water
-applied manuka honey to the area
-ensured I wash at least 3 times a day and dab the area dry gently
-use frozen peas to stop the swelling

As of now I am …

Comments: 1

Partial Vestibulectomy

Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:44 pm by JGD13

Hi all i am new here.
I had a partial vestibulectomy 21/7 for my provoked vulvodynia.
After a painful few days and feeling quite uncomfortable it seemed to get better. 1 week after i noticed some white stuff and gloopy discharge, it wasnt smelly or itchy but i got a check up at the gp surgery and the doctor said the stitches looked fine and i could just have a touch of thrush. He said this is …

Comments: 4

New w/ Secondary Provoked Vestibuldynia

Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:46 pm by Birdy

Hi everyone,

I'm here because I'm pretty sure I have secondary provoked vestibuldynia, even though my gyno is still "optimistic" it is not.  My problem started six months ago when I got my second UTI in as many months (after going 25 years of life without one) and then ended up with a bad yeast infection (also my first one ever) thanks to the antibiotics.  Ever since the yeast …

Comments: 3

Anyone from the PNW?

Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:54 am by jungleclover

I'm located near Portland and I would be really cool to actually meet someone with this issue. I think my roommate in college technically had this problem. She had an overgrown hymen removed and can't deal with penetration as a result. But she is gay so it seems like it hasn't been a huge problem for her (although we didn't talk about it much so there was possibly more to it than she let on). …

Comments: 0

Constant pain, I want to die.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:29 am by Meggiemay

I posted on here a few years ago but my symptoms went away with the inflammation. I didn't get so lucky this time.

For over three months, i've had terrible rawness, burning, soreness in the urethral/vestibule area and pressure/hypersensitivity in the clitoral area. I've also had some lower abdominal pressure and burning on my butt. I can barely walk! My gyno hasn't been much help. I'm on …

Comments: 22

Newbie to the site

Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:16 am by Ksa

Hello. Thank you for this wonderful site. I'm currently under the care of a dr in Phoenix that specializes in vaginal disorders. I will probably be on a suppository of estridol the rest of my life and I am currently on medications for a rare form of vaginitis that's pretty unheard of for my age. My vagina literally hates me. I've struggled with vulvadynia for 20 years, the duration of my …

Comments: 1

New to the site and just had a vestibulectomy

Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:19 am by Hopeitworks

Hello Everyone,

I have been suffering from vulvodynia for years! So I decided to go ahead and have vestibulectomy on July 28, 2017. I really wished I would of found this site before I went through with the surgery. Maybe I would have been more prepared to deal with recovering. I just need someone to talk and I dont mind hearing your story.

Comments: 2

can anyone recommend a good dermatologist in LA?

Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:17 pm by saffron

Hi, I am wondering if anyone knows a vulvar dermatologist in Los Angeles? My problems seem to be external, but I'm having trouble finding a knowledgable doctor. My current dermatologist is pretty cosmetic based and I'm afraid all the products he prescribed actually made my situation so much worse!

I know there a few drs in Orange County/San Diego, but was hoping to stay local as even …

Comments: 3

Vulvodynia and IVF? Anyone done this? What does it do to the vulvadynia?

Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:03 am by Carolyn4

Hi everyone,

I have had vulvodynia since age 27--I am now 43 and it has been in pretty good remission.  I control it with acupuncture and herbs, and some cranial sacral therapy.  I have a 5 year old, had a pretty uneventful pregnancy which ended in a c-section.  My VV worsened after that, and I have worked hard to get it back under control (it took over a year to get it back into pretty good …

Comments: 0

HOW I CURED MY VULVODYNIA

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HOW I CURED MY VULVODYNIA

Post  ivyrose on Thu May 03, 2012 11:45 pm

Hello. Please read this, I want to help as many women as possible. One thing I have learned over the last 3 yrs suffering from this condition is NOT TO ACCEPT EVERYTHING YOUR DR TELLS YOU.

I posted on here a while ago claiming that I had experienced a large decrease in my provoked pain due to taking baking soda baths. Since then the pain came back with vengeance and I realised I was wrong. The depression hit again. Suddenly, a light bulb went on in my head - I had been bedridden the whole week of my miraculous 'cure' due to having the flu. I started to wonder whether my pain was something to do with my back, as it seemed to decrease to the point of almost disappearing completely when I was lying flat for a long period of time. Then, I remembered something else. Just before the onset of my pain, I had experienced a strange spasming and pain down the left side of my back, left leg, foot and toe. This pain and spasming was on and off and had been going on about 2 months previous but I never saw a doctor about it. Embarrassingly, the pain came to a head one time in the middle of sex when my toe started spasming and then shot out at a right angle, causing excruciating pain to run up and down the inside of my left leg. It was the time I had sex after this that my vulvodynia had started, at first only in the left hand side (then it eventually spread to all over the vulva). But I had completely shrugged this toe thing off until now, not connecting it with the vulvodynia. That's why I never mentioned it before. (also, its a bit embarrassing so I didn't really tell anybody!)

I asked a doctor who was experienced in vulvodynia about whether my problem could stem from these foot spasms, and he shot down the idea before I had even finished explaining it to him and put me on amitriptyline. Didn't even test my blood pressure or anything first. This is a Dr who claims to have been 'treating' women with vul. for 40 yrs, but who admits he has not ever found a definitive cure for any of his patients. Basically when I saw him (feeling completely miserable with and deserted by my body aged 18) he told me that it would be likely I would suffer from the condition my whole life. He didn't exatly sugar coat it and when I left the hospital I burst into tears. I decided I needed to take matters into my own hands.

Through the Vulval Pain Society I heard about a chiropractic group called the McTimoney Group based in the UK, who are carrying out research on whether back problems can cause vulvodynia. I contacted the group and booked an appointment.

My chiropractor identified that my pelvis was incredibly misaligned - the left side more than a centimetre higher than the right. The symptoms such as the spasming and shooting pain I described led her to believe that I had a trapped nerve somewhere in my back, probably caused by this twisted pelvis. When I started the chiropractic treatment, I came off the amitriptyline first to make absolutely sure that it wasn't just the drugs that were dulling my provoked pain. The first few sessions left me in incredible pain afterwards. The spasming that had mysteriously disappeared after the onset of the vulvodynia came back. I tried sex during this time and was forced to discontinue, it was so painful. I was sceptical of the treatment at first and it is certainly pricey.

However, after about seven sessions (a session a week) with the chiropractor sorting out my back and pelvis my pain has gone from about 9/10 to 0.5. It has pretty much disappeared completely and my chiropractor is now certain my vulvodynia was caused by a trapped nerve. She has completely straightened my pelvis and I have responded very well to the treatment. Everything is in the right place now! I will have to visit her intermittently throughout my life to make sure the pain stays away and my back / pelvis doesn't slip back to the way it was, but we are both optimistic that in a few more sessions my pain will have disappeared completely. I am over the moon.

I am now living my life the way I have wanted to for so long. I have a new boyfriend and painful sex is no longer an issue. It feels like a miracle. Manipulation from a chiropractor is all it has taken for me to go from feeling like hot pokers were on my skin during all sexual contact to no pain. I am so happy and relieved, but in a way I also feel quite guilty that I have found a cure when so many women out there are still suffering from this terrible affliction. PLEASE, even if you think it unlikely to be the cause of your pain, go see a chiropractor. It might be the best thing you ever do. The money is worth it, and at the McTimoney practice all patients' case studies will (anonymously) support their research, so you are doing your bit for other women with the condition!

I have an appointment to see my Dr in a few weeks to see 'how the amitriptyline is progressing'. I'm going to give him a piece of my mind. I think that many of the problems with this illness is Drs only want to treat the symptoms and not find the cause. In my opinion this is negligence. Tricyllic antidepressants are not pretty. The ami made me pile on weight and act a bit like a vegetable. Over 2 months after stopping it I am still suffering from terrible insomnia. It is not worth it when there are other methods to actually CURE vulvodynia.

I hope this helps. If anyone would like more information about the McTimoney Group and which particular chiropractor I visit please contact me, I am happy to help.

Good luck!!

PS: I would also like to add that my chiropractor has 2 more success stories where the vulvodynia has completely gone away for her patients. It certainly is very promising.

ivyrose

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: HOW I CURED MY VULVODYNIA

Post  londonlady on Fri May 04, 2012 9:21 pm

Hi Ivy Rose,

Thanks a lot for sharing your story. it sounds hopeful!

I have also been thinking about chiropractic treatment. I was thinking about going for my lower back, because I get back ache from the way that I sit and the chair which I use at work, using a flat wooden one means I can actually sit and focus on work without too much pelvic pain, but it leaves me an achy back.

Which of the mctimmoney people did you go to see? I live in London so they are little bit far away but possibly worth a try Smile

Did your practioner tell you anything else about the kind of problems which other ladies coming to see her have had i.e. have they all had pain like yours in other places than their pelvis (which is different to mine, which is more localised)?

thanks
xxx

londonlady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ivyrose on Thu May 17, 2012 9:38 pm

Hello, sorry I'm only just replying...
This is my chiropractor: http://www.mctimoneychiropractic.org/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user=138

As far as pain goes, I never experienced pain anywhere else but the vulval area (apart from when I had the foot spasms which disappeared when the vulvodynia started). My pain was very localised. My chiropractor has mainly cured women with unprovoked pain but she says that often these women have provoked pain as well.... the first thing to go is the unprovoked pain and then it takes a few more sessions to get rid of the provoked. With me, I never had any unprovoked pain at all. I guess every case is different. But she is a very good chiropractor and chiropractic treatment is definitely worth looking into!
Good luck!

ivyrose

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate1981 on Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:22 am

Hi Ivy Rose

Your story is very interesting and its amazing you have found a cure. I have took your advice and also started seeing a chiro who follows the McTimoney approach. I saw her yesterday for the first time and after analying me she said my pelvis was also massively misaligned the right side being much lower than the left. After the procedure I noticed the burning back in my vulva and shooting pains in my vagina. However today I do feel much better and the burning has gone. Fingers crossed I hope my v has been caused from this and hopefully with continued treatment will disappear like your v. How are you doing now? Are you still pain free? I really hope you doing well x

Kate1981

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I've been suffering with Vulvodynia for five years now!

Post  Gizzy on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:07 pm

Hello,
I'm new to this website,i've been in pain for fives years and every day gets even harder it's affected my sex life and has nearly destroyed my relationship.I've finally decided that the doctors cannot help me with there drugs because they don't work and i still feel pain when taking them and they only make me feel worse.So i've decided to go drug free and i'm starting to help myself.I saw your blog and i thought wow this can actually be cured so i've made a doctors appointment and i'm going to suggest the chiropractor route and if i can't get it free on the NHS then i''l save up and pay myself!My life is more than pain so i'm taken action and hopefully this will cure me too!Is there anything you have taken naturally which will help the pain?
Thanks
Very Happy xx
Gizzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top