I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Post Vestibulectomy
Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:48 pm by JGD13

» Vestibulectomy
Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:39 pm by Hopeitworks

» Anyone been to see Dr.Claire Bailey in Birmingham?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:36 pm by Kezz

» Recently Diagnosed.... Help!
Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:57 pm by amyhp

» Discomfort from my own liquids
Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:27 am by Hopeitworks

» Anyone else have burning on the front of thighs?
Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:20 am by Hopeitworks

» Partial Vestibulectomy
Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:38 am by infinitelywondering

» Anyone being treated by Drexel University???
Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:50 pm by Hopeitworks

» Post Vestibulectomy Pain !!!
Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:00 pm by sj17

Post Vestibulectomy

Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:15 pm by infinitelywondering

Heya,

I had my vestibulectomy (full) about a day and a half ago. I was very sick and poorly just after the op and experienced intense pain down there Sad

However, today I came home and have done the following things:

-washed with warm water
-applied manuka honey to the area
-ensured I wash at least 3 times a day and dab the area dry gently
-use frozen peas to stop the swelling

As of now I am …

Comments: 1

Partial Vestibulectomy

Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:44 pm by JGD13

Hi all i am new here.
I had a partial vestibulectomy 21/7 for my provoked vulvodynia.
After a painful few days and feeling quite uncomfortable it seemed to get better. 1 week after i noticed some white stuff and gloopy discharge, it wasnt smelly or itchy but i got a check up at the gp surgery and the doctor said the stitches looked fine and i could just have a touch of thrush. He said this is …

Comments: 4

New w/ Secondary Provoked Vestibuldynia

Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:46 pm by Birdy

Hi everyone,

I'm here because I'm pretty sure I have secondary provoked vestibuldynia, even though my gyno is still "optimistic" it is not.  My problem started six months ago when I got my second UTI in as many months (after going 25 years of life without one) and then ended up with a bad yeast infection (also my first one ever) thanks to the antibiotics.  Ever since the yeast …

Comments: 3

Anyone from the PNW?

Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:54 am by jungleclover

I'm located near Portland and I would be really cool to actually meet someone with this issue. I think my roommate in college technically had this problem. She had an overgrown hymen removed and can't deal with penetration as a result. But she is gay so it seems like it hasn't been a huge problem for her (although we didn't talk about it much so there was possibly more to it than she let on). …

Comments: 0

Constant pain, I want to die.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:29 am by Meggiemay

I posted on here a few years ago but my symptoms went away with the inflammation. I didn't get so lucky this time.

For over three months, i've had terrible rawness, burning, soreness in the urethral/vestibule area and pressure/hypersensitivity in the clitoral area. I've also had some lower abdominal pressure and burning on my butt. I can barely walk! My gyno hasn't been much help. I'm on …

Comments: 22

Newbie to the site

Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:16 am by Ksa

Hello. Thank you for this wonderful site. I'm currently under the care of a dr in Phoenix that specializes in vaginal disorders. I will probably be on a suppository of estridol the rest of my life and I am currently on medications for a rare form of vaginitis that's pretty unheard of for my age. My vagina literally hates me. I've struggled with vulvadynia for 20 years, the duration of my …

Comments: 1

New to the site and just had a vestibulectomy

Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:19 am by Hopeitworks

Hello Everyone,

I have been suffering from vulvodynia for years! So I decided to go ahead and have vestibulectomy on July 28, 2017. I really wished I would of found this site before I went through with the surgery. Maybe I would have been more prepared to deal with recovering. I just need someone to talk and I dont mind hearing your story.

Comments: 2

can anyone recommend a good dermatologist in LA?

Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:17 pm by saffron

Hi, I am wondering if anyone knows a vulvar dermatologist in Los Angeles? My problems seem to be external, but I'm having trouble finding a knowledgable doctor. My current dermatologist is pretty cosmetic based and I'm afraid all the products he prescribed actually made my situation so much worse!

I know there a few drs in Orange County/San Diego, but was hoping to stay local as even …

Comments: 3

Vulvodynia and IVF? Anyone done this? What does it do to the vulvadynia?

Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:03 am by Carolyn4

Hi everyone,

I have had vulvodynia since age 27--I am now 43 and it has been in pretty good remission.  I control it with acupuncture and herbs, and some cranial sacral therapy.  I have a 5 year old, had a pretty uneventful pregnancy which ended in a c-section.  My VV worsened after that, and I have worked hard to get it back under control (it took over a year to get it back into pretty good …

Comments: 0

My 7-month quest so far...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My 7-month quest so far...

Post  Julie on Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:18 pm

I never thought I would be so emotionally drained and distraught as a result of a gynecological issue!

In December of 2009, I started having some uncomfortable itching and pain, and I visited a gynecologist who performed some cultures and diagnosed me with bacterial vaginosis (BV). I was prescribed a gel insert which didn't fully work, so I was then given a pill, which cleared up all of the symptoms -- except a bit of the pain. I found that over the next few weeks, sex with my boyfriend (whom I have been dating now for over 2 years... quite an understanding guy, thank goodness) was becoming more and more uncomfortable. I became more irritated (physically AND mentally!) as time wore on, and in March, I saw another gynecologist. He first suggested I try an over-the-counter hydrocortisone cream -- which, predictably, failed -- and then gave me a prescription form (i.e. slightly stronger), which still did nothing. My cultures and tests all came back normal -- no infections, no STDs, normal pap smear -- so his last move was to perform a biopsy on the vulvar skin to check for any unlikely (but scary) possibilities.

Of course, the biopsy came back all clear, and I was told to try the hydrocortisone cream once again.

At this point, I was not able to have any sex at all, and even after the biopsied spot healed, my overall irritation was so severe that I finally had to stop using tampons. The bits of time before, during, and after my period seriously exacerbated the situation, and my frustration grew. I saw one more doctor in June, who prescribed me the strongest steroidal cream he could think of -- to no avail.

At this point, my emotions were shot. I had become so discouraged and resigned myself to a sexless, uncomfortable life. I hated thinking such dramatic things, but I seriously (albeit VERY briefly) considered the pros of having a hysterectomy (no more periods, no more hormonal surges, etc.), but I wanted to have children first, so I thought...hey, IVF!... I could have a child via C-section and then get my tubes tied, and at least remove some of the issue. Obviously a ridiculous notion, but the frustration ran that deep.

I also began to experience an attack on my sense of womanhood that I never fathomed before. I am not particularly into feminism and I don't often think very deeply about gender norms, but here I was, rendered unable to be intimate with my boyfriend, unable to be comfortable during my period, and in pain while I exercised, used toilet paper, wore tight clothing/thongs, and sometimes when I just WALKED... I felt hopeless. I felt incomplete.

A lot of research led me to the term "vulvodynia" -- chronic vulvar pain -- and FINALLY, the last gynecologist I had seen mentioned the word to me as he referred me to another doctor in his practice, a woman who has been researching the condition. Merely hearing him speak that magic word lifted my spirits!

I visited this new doctor a week ago. She changed my entire regimen -- new detergent, new soap, different pads...everything to cut down on excess irritation. I asked to be put on Seasonique, a birth control on which you only get your periods every 3 months (I never felt comfortable doing this before, but once my periods became living embodiments of hell, I didn't think twice!). She also did some cultures and found that there was some sort of yeast present, so I was put on Diflucan, 6 pills, once a week.

I am still just as discouraged as I was before... my libido has hit rock-bottom and I feel that I cannot become as close to my boyfriend as I did before (although this is most DEFINITELY a testament to our bond, as a lesser person would not have wanted to put up with a dearth of sex... and I know from experience); my moods align almost perfectly with the degree of pain I am in, to the point where I just want to curl up and do nothing, see no one; and I am seriously doubting the existence of any sort of solution -- and, by extrapolation, my future as a woman/girlfriend/wife/normal human -- but at least I am getting somewhere.

I am about to pursue a master's degree in public health, starting next month, and my goal after that is to get a PhD in psychology. At this point, I've had some very interesting conversations with my boyfriend about dissertation ideas, and we converged on this working title from which to start -- "Sexual Dysfunctions and the Psychology of Femininity."

I hope to speak with people who have gone through similar issues, and to make a difference in the field regardless of my success or lack thereof. I have to remain hopeful!

Julie

Julie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

argh

Post  Julie on Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:22 pm

No matter how positive I try to be, it falls back on me and leaves me so depressed. bleh!

Julie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My 7-month quest so far...

Post  naomi on Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:00 pm

I can totally relate to you hun, seems like it came out of my mouth and head! Like many of us ladies on here Sad Its such a struggle everyday to even get out of bed, let alone try and lead a happy and fulfilling life etc etc etc

All I know is, there might not be any quick, simple answers out there but I know there is support and friendship. I dont know what I would have done if I hadnt found a site like this. It is the isolation that gets me, none of my friends or family have ever experienced anything along these lines or to this degree. I wake up some days thinking "whats the point?"...and that scares me as I have never been that type of person to be so negative and pessimistic. But I havent been given any hope, so i have nothing to go by.

We've got to get some answers soon. I dont believe there hasnt been any advances on research or treatment. WE'LL FRIGGIN GET THERE!!!! (hey that was a bit of positivity there i think!?!)

I'll write some more later Im afraid I'm totally wiped out after crappy tribunal earlier.

Love to you all

Nai xxxxxxx

naomi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie on Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:45 pm

Thanks for the response =) I hadn't until now tried to reach out for support, and the few friends with whom I've talked really can't get a feel for what's going on, so it is REALLY reassuring. Just made myself get up and go walk a few miles at the gym while reading a science magazine (nerdy, I know!) to get my mind off of things.

Julie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebby (Admin) on Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:53 pm

Welcome Julie!

I can totally relate to everything you said. I have been battling with doctors to take me seriously and have used every friggin cream under the sun! I was living on Hydrocortisone cream and canestan at one point.

At present I am due to see a pain clinic on Monday and just hope when I say the word Vulvodynia I dont get a blank stare! Shocked like ive just walked in with a chicken attached to my face lol

I also feel its robbed me of feeling like a 'woman' I felt like I should just run away to a nunnery and be done with it!

Im still trying to fight on so dont give up, keep posting and let us know how u get on.

Im hoping to try and go down the whole physcial therapy - pelvic floor road.

Take care and keep us updated

Sebby

xxxx
Sebby (Admin)
Admin

View user profile http://vulvodyniasupport.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top