I'm sorry im rambling

Go down

I'm sorry im rambling Empty I'm sorry im rambling

Post  Jet227 on Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:49 am

hey, im 19, ive been struggling with this almost a year. The first week I became itchy I went in to check about a yeast infection another week later. I have been to 10 different doctors a total of about 15 appointments for this problem for the past 11 months. I have been tested for everything including having a biopsy. I was first told basically to just go home and use hydrocortazone, then I went in again and again and they just treated for bacterial vaginosis with antibiotics and nystat cream 2 times, then i did an internal bacteria vaginosis gel treatment as well. I had been prescribed Lidocane and a ph balance cream. at this point i still hadn't gotten a diagnosis (roughly the 9th/10th month) I have recently been diagnosed with vulvadynia and past month been going to physical therapy, I have since had to discontinue because it was not giving me any relief and the doctor said she couldn't help me. I also have been on a testosterone cream and that did nothing so I have discontinued this as well. I am on a probiotic and here is no change. I don't use soap at all anymore- to wash my body (hands as an exemption) and my clothes i use hypoallergenic stuff but i still cant use fabric softener. I am not supposed to have sex, go in my family's hot tub, exercise, or do anything that could exacerbate my symptoms. They are sending me now to a special clinic that I will actually have to travel away from my city to go be seen. I've been diagnosed but no treatment they say works for me. I didn't want to be a special case, i wanted it to be a simple yeast infection or allergic to something in a lube or soap or something, I didn't want this to take over my life but it has. I can't exercise so I can't lose weight and then on top of it i have been stress eating because of this and I feel horrible for my boyfriend because I can have sex, it isn't painful at all but if i am already flaring up I can't have sex and its almost every night, and the night I'm not in pain I don't want to have sex to enjoy the feeling of not pain cause sex doesn't necessarily cause it but any sort of touching can trigger a flair up. I am so discouraged with how disgusting I feel and how much pain I am in. I still invalidate my own pain because my mother has endometriosis and my pain isn't as severe as hers was when she was young. It is not something you can talk about and get ideas for. I was told to find a support group so I guess here I am. I couldn't do one on Facebook like I have found because I am not somebody who wants their medical history for everyone to see, id rather be anonymous. I'm sorry I'm rambling. Sad

Jet227

Back to top Go down

I'm sorry im rambling Empty Life is for living

Post  scrumptuous on Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:34 pm

Hello,

Oh gosh you are not rambling ,but simply expressing all the emotions you are feeling inside from hurt, fear, anger, frustration just to mention a few.

I myself have suffered with Vulvodynia for 28 years and have been through everything you have mentioned, including numerous surgeries to cut bits away and a vulval skin graft, as that is what they used to do then. Now I do feel that there is a little more understanding, depending on the particular health care professional and many different medications and therapies to try.

I think that one of the most confusing things, is that there is so much out there and we are so desperate to try and resolve the situation, that we do not know where to start. I can relate to this when years ago, I was advised by the health shop to take garlic capsules, but after taking so many, I then became sensitive to garlic, which meant that I could not even eat garlic bread!!

Still maintaining my relationship with my husband, was an extremely important element to me being a woman and although it used to flare up for a few days after intercourse, I was able to enjoy it at the time and it was my choice. Times when I was unable to have a sexual relationship, being young and in our thirties, I used to instigate a game, where I pleasured him. Although this may not be ideal for many, for us, it meant that we were still very close and I was at least in control of some part of my relationship, as a wife and a woman.

Over the years, I now live a full and varied life and are able to concentrate on other areas, which in time, I know you will be able to do to.

X

scrumptuous

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum