I forgot my password

Similar topics
    I'm new to this forum and would love some advice! :)

Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:13 am by anikita

Hi lovely gals!

I'm honestly hoping to get any bit of advice anyone might have to offer. I go from bouts of sobbing hysterically in my boyfriend's arms to feeling confident that I can beat this.

I haven't been actually diagnosed with vulvodynia but EVERYTHING under the sun has come back negative. I started having sex 4 years ago after starting Lo Loestrin, with my first and current boyfriend …

Comments: 9

Hello. Happy to have found this group.

Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:01 pm by foxysugarpants

I am new here and hope to gain some insight into my vulva pain. I suffered for a long time not realizing that there are ways to feel better. I saw the Dr. yesterday and I am starting P/T pelvic and valium suppositories. queen

Comments: 0

New and need advice and help

Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:26 pm by Cin124

Hi everyone,

About three months ago, I started having vaginal and vulval itching. Then, about two months ago, my vulva started to feel painful and look swollen, so I went to the doctor. I was tested for herpes, chlamydia, and gonorrhea which all came back negative. I also had to do a vaginal swab test and the only thing that came back positive was yeast infection. I was prescribed hydrozole …

Had this for 5 years, looking for people who understand

Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:46 pm by blackberrie

Hey all. I'm really struggling to find anyone in real life who can really understand what I'm going through. I've had vestibulodynia for 5 years now and I'm single. Obviously it has completely affected how I approach dating and sex and the fact that I can't really talk to people irl about it has made me feel very lonely. I've found that a lot of the women who have this problem are married and …

Comments: 3

Anyone have pain with urination?

Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:35 pm by mertzwl

Hi everyone - I can't believe I've been dealing with this for almost 10 years and an appointment scheduler at a urogyn office is the one to suggest I look into vulvodynia. Honestly, I don't care, I just thankful I might have an answer.

I have pain in one specific spot right around the urethral opening so it always coincides with urinating (it's not a uti). Does anyone else deal with pain …

Comments: 6

Diagnosed recently, looking for advice

Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:51 am by Cloudberry

Hi everyone,

I'm so glad I found this forum! I was diagnosed with vulvodynia/vulvar vestibulitis (still not sure about the difference between all the different terms) a couple of months ago and I could do with some advice. This is probably going to be a lot of text because I just want to get everything off my chest, so please bear with me.

I’m a woman in my late 20s. Before getting diagnosed …

Comments: 4

From a concerned husband

Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:45 pm by ConcernedYorkieHubby

Hello everyone,

This is probably a little unconventional, but I’m a man who is here because his wife has been diagnosed with vulvodynia. The poor girl has been suffering with vulva pain for around 10 years now, and I’ve been by her side through the pain and tears and doctors misunderstandings the whole way, and we’re both exhausted and terrified by the whole experience.

I’m sure a lot …

Comments: 4

6 year sufferer but I’ve found some hope

Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:33 am by Npage14

Hey, ladies! I’m new to this support group, I’ve thought about doing something like this for a while so I wanted to try this out! I’ve had vulvodynia for 6 years now, I am self diagnosed. I’m 20 now and the pain started when I had my first encounter with sexual contact when I was 14(I still remained a virgin though it was fingering). For a couple years the pain was so bad I could hardly …

Hurting, Burning, Itching, and Worn Out

Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:55 pm by donnambr

This vulvodynia that I'm currently suffering with is so cruel. I hurt, I burn, I itch. When I first got this several years ago, before the internet, I though I was the only one with this awful disorder. Doctors couldn't figure it out. I felt so alone and devastated. Somehow it disappeared for a few years and now I'm suffering again. This dreaded V misery is back and I feel like I will be with …

Comments: 5

Just a little self-pity...

Go down

Just a little self-pity...

Post  emalita on Mon May 02, 2016 11:35 pm

I feel almost ridiculous writing this since I've felt the best I have in probably 7 or 8 months. My LS pain is barely registrable, and my vestibule pain is far better than expected during this time of the month. And yet I am so frozen with fear and anxiety, my vulva is all I can think about. Constantly worrying about when the next flare up is going to come. Worrying that the diet changes that I think have made a huge difference are nothing more than a coincidence. Is my relief all just a pleasant side effect of the steroid cream? One would think that I would just be happy to have the relief, and although I'm grateful, I'm terrified that these conditions are out of my control. They are going to be the one thing I haven't been able to "cure" with food or lifestyle changes. They will truly be lifelong and only manageable.

I have found relief from mental health struggles by indulging in as many whole foods as I care to eat. I've healed the chronic inflammation that plagued my sinuses for almost a decade by eliminating processed candy. I've given my skin peace from inflamed painful body rashes and hand blisters by avoiding chemical-laden new clothing. But this...this is escaping my grasp of understanding. "Give it more time" I hear you saying. It is true that it took me many years to find the solutions to my other sensitivities, but I just don't know that I have it in me to fight for another decade to figure this one out.

I often wonder what I must have done in a past life to deserve all of the suffering throughout this life. Many people suffer far worse than I do, and I rarely would say they had done anything to deserve it. However, when the constant struggles are in our court, it's hard to not contemplate the spiritual implications.

Who on earth did I wrong, and how the heck do I make amends?

emalita

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Just a little self-pity...

Post  WaahwaahUK on Tue May 03, 2016 5:43 pm

Of course you're anxious, you've been through something physical that will have affected you psychologically. Don't be hard on yourself just because the physical pain is feeling better. Your mind will still be in pain for the months of what it has endured. I know it must be incredibly difficult to focus on the positives, but there are positives. At the moment, your pain is low. None of us deserve this, you don't deserve this. There is no point looking to punish yourself with those thoughts. On good days pain wise, I tortuee myself mentally with anxiety over another potential flare. It will take time to mend the psychological damage. Be kind to yourself x

WaahwaahUK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  emalita on Tue May 03, 2016 6:46 pm

Thank you so much for your kind words. I have managed to hold back tears for quite a few days, but for some reason your message brought me to tears (a sigh of relief kind of tears). Sometimes all we need to hear is that this isn't our fault, and it is okay to feel these feelings. Just knowing I'm not the only one with these emotions on low pain days makes me feel a little less ungrateful.

Thank you again!

emalita

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WaahwaahUK on Tue May 03, 2016 7:05 pm

You're very welcome. Wishing you many more good days to come. Sometimes we need a bit of a cry to pick ourselves back up again.

WaahwaahUK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down