I forgot my password

Latest topics
» I think I've developed vulvodynia?? Please help!
Yesterday at 9:10 pm by Necromeowncer

» MY STORY & Vestibulectomy 2/8/17
Yesterday at 12:38 pm by Mel T

» New w/ Secondary Provoked Vestibuldynia
Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:47 am by Birdy

» Newly diagnosed
Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:50 pm by sarisbaris

» Prednisone Injections?
Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:07 am by sarisbaris

» Has anyone had continued success with gabapentin or Botox injections?
Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:47 am by sarisbaris

» Recent "Poke" Pain - So Confused/Losing My Mind
Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:37 am by sarisbaris

» What is Vulvodynia?
Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:57 pm by Jenjen

» CURED FROM VULVODYNIA - PAIN FREE FOR 2 YEARS
Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:22 am by Sagewoman

New w/ Secondary Provoked Vestibuldynia

Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:46 pm by Birdy

Hi everyone,

I'm here because I'm pretty sure I have secondary provoked vestibuldynia, even though my gyno is still "optimistic" it is not.  My problem started six months ago when I got my second UTI in as many months (after going 25 years of life without one) and then ended up with a bad yeast infection (also my first one ever) thanks to the antibiotics.  Ever since the yeast …

Comments: 4

Newly diagnosed

Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:37 pm by Brevispink

Hello everyone. I have recently been diagnosed with unprovoked vulvodynia and would really appreciate some advice and support. I have had a chronic urine infection for 16 months and was on antibiotics for 9 of those months. I have been very uncomfortable for the entire time, but now I have absolutely unbearable stinging and burning all day with itching too. The infection has just about gone, …

Comments: 9

Recent "Poke" Pain - So Confused/Losing My Mind

Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:26 am by kelseybeth23

Long Story, but I am losing my mind and getting really depressed, so if I tell the full story maybe someone can help me.

Back in August I started to get an itch down there. Normally, in the past, when this would happen, I would change the way I wore my clothes, take more baths instead of showers, and use Monistat. This time, after about two weeks of no relief, I started to get concerned. I was …

Comments: 5

Does anyone else experience this?

Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:21 pm by Angelmegs

Hi— im new here. Im incredibly desperate so if anyone has any suggestions i would greatly appreciate it. Im a 20 year old female with vulvodynia and vaginismus. I was on the birth control pill (junel fe lo estrin) from age 13-18 because of severe menstrual pain. I used the xulane patch for a few months when i was 18 but eventually stopped BC altogether because it interferes with my med for …

Comments: 0

Post Full Vestibulectomy - 5 Years Later - Please Read

Tue May 02, 2017 6:18 pm by jen007

Hi All,

It's been awhile since I've written a new topic on the forum. Wondering if any of the same ladies are still here. I've come back to update you all on my post vestibulectomy results. I can't remember if I've done an update on my current state, so forgive me if this is repeated information... I can't remember how to view my old posts! Anyway, let me get on with my update.

For 4 years post …

Comments: 4

Do you ever worry that you're making it up?

Fri May 27, 2016 6:50 am by Lucci

Hello,

I was diagnosed with Vaginismus and Vulvar Vestibulitis 10 years ago. I was 18 and scared and moving across the country for college, but luckily was able to find a doctor who specialized in 'Women's Health' who immediately put me into physical therapy. Long story short, I've been in and out of the system ever since.

A few years into treatment, I had the diagnosis of PTSD added on for …

Comments: 7

Clitoris Issues

Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:17 pm by January

I am going crazyyy trying to figure out what's wrong. Please does anyone else have an issue similar to mine? I'm only 22. So, basically when my clit is lightly rubbed, there is no feeling. However, when rubbed vigorously and directly, the burning and tingling sensations shoot down my legs and feet as if coming to the end of an orgasm but with no good feeling leading up. It's so strange. What …

Comments: 2

Cured of Vulvodynia

Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:39 am by angelique2016

I used to post on this forum a long time ago and told everyone of how I was cured of my vulvodynia by a (Melbourne Australia) female dermatologist, she put me on very low doses of Nortriptyline (Allergron) for pain management about 10mgs I believe it was, and she also had me use Advantan Fatty Ointment (not the cream) (although I saw the cream for sale on ebay from germany) so it might help, as …

Comments: 10

Vulvodynia and IVF? Anyone done this? What does it do to the vulvadynia?

Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:03 am by Carolyn4

Hi everyone,

I have had vulvodynia since age 27--I am now 43 and it has been in pretty good remission.  I control it with acupuncture and herbs, and some cranial sacral therapy.  I have a 5 year old, had a pretty uneventful pregnancy which ended in a c-section.  My VV worsened after that, and I have worked hard to get it back under control (it took over a year to get it back into pretty good …

Comments: 1

New YES VM

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New YES VM

Post  emalita on Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:41 am

Has anyone tried the new YES VM vaginal moisturizer?

I've tried the YES water based lubricant in the past, but with my skin issues now, it seems to sting/burn too much. Plus, it sounds like they reformulated the water based lubricant, and women are seeming to report more irritation with it, which is sad.

The new YES VM ingredients (see below) don't sound too great, but as long as it doesn't produce that creepy white discharge like RepHresh, I would be willing to give it a go.

Ingredients: Water, flax gum*, aloe vera*, locust bean gum*, guar gum*, sodium chloride, xanthan gum, potassium sorbate, citric acid, phenoxyethanol
*certified organic ingredients

emalita

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New YES VM

Post  PainBlogger on Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:01 am

I haven't tried the VM, but I might be able to shed some light on possible reformulation of the lubricant. They changed the packaging a few months ago to a much more sensible tube shape. I haven't noticed any difference in the ingredients or the product itself though.

PainBlogger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  emalita on Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:25 pm

Do you find that the water based lubricant actually makes a difference with dryness on the vulva, or do you only use it for sex or internally?

I really need to put something on my skin to help it heal, and all my doctor wants to throw at me are steroid creams, which I'm not interested in.

emalita

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PainBlogger on Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:06 pm

I only really use it for physio exercises with dilators and recently for sex. That means I'm using it virtually every day internally (for the dilator exercises that is!). Some of it obviously ends up on the outside and acts as a moisturising layer but I don't apply it externally. I don't know if I'd have any dryness without it. I suspect probably not as I don't think the root of my problems was ever dermatological. It's difficult to say though.

PainBlogger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lindsey_taylor on Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:14 pm

Oh my. I just ordered this water based lubricant YES, myself. I guess we shall see how it does for me when I get it. I read there is an oil-based one too.

lindsey_taylor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  emalita on Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:04 pm

A few weeks ago I ordered a small tube of the vaginal moisturizer, and I just tried it last night for the first time. Thought I would post my initial thoughts on it  Smile

I didn't notice any crazy irritation from it, but my skin is overly sensitive right now, so the mild burning it caused for maybe a minute after application didn't worry me much (YES WB can do that to me too).

YES VM is thicker and less runny than the water based lubricant, which can be either good or bad. I apply it to almost my entire vulva, and it was nice that I didn't have to worry about it running down my bum when in bed. However, I have been applying YES WB to the top part of my vulva and letting it run down the rest of my skin so I didn't have to do a lot of rubbing or anything else irritating (doesn't take much YES WB to use it this way). You can't do this with YES VM. It just sits there in a gel glob unless you rub it in. If touching my skin didn't set off a flare up for me, I would probably say that I would appreciate the thicker formula, but for what I need right now, it requires too much fiddling to make it go where I need it.

Also, I was hoping that YES VM wouldn't cause dried "flakes" in my hairline like the YES WB, but unfortunately it does. It seems to be less, but I'm sure that's because it is too thick to move everywhere the YES WB can.

Since it hasn't caused any extreme reactions so far, I'd say I'm willing to keep using it Very Happy

emalita

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  emalita on Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:06 pm

Just an update on the YES VM...

I can't speak to how well it moisturizes compared to YES WB, but I do have a complaint for those who may be wanting to use it on vulvar skin. After having it on for a while, it turns white and almost sticky. I thought I was having horrible discharge, but I've now realized it happens every time I use YES VM.

It makes such a mess that I'm probably not going to keep using it for now. Not sure how it behaves if used vaginally, but I sure hope it doesn't create a white fallout like RepHresh (thought the website said it didn't do that but who knows).

emalita

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  meelie on Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:58 pm

sorry, you had such a problem. I have never had that problem. No whiteness. It just dries up and never had a problem with stickyness. I am referred to Yes, water based. I wouldn't use anything else, at least I haven't found anything else that works so well and feels so natural.

meelie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  emalita on Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:51 pm

It's the YES VM that's causing the issue, not the YES WB. The only real negative about YES WB is that it can dry in flakes in the hairline.

emalita

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  meelie on Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:05 pm

Haven't heard of Yes VM, what is that. I haven't had any problems with flaking with the WB.

meelie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  emalita on Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:12 am

YES VM is their new vaginal moisturizer.

emalita

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  meelie on Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:22 pm

Will have to check it out.

meelie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content