I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Anyone been to see Dr.Claire Bailey in Birmingham?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:36 pm by Kezz

» Recently Diagnosed.... Help!
Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:57 pm by amyhp

» Vestibulectomy
Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:54 am by infinitelywondering

» Discomfort from my own liquids
Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:27 am by Hopeitworks

» Anyone else have burning on the front of thighs?
Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:20 am by Hopeitworks

» Partial Vestibulectomy
Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:38 am by infinitelywondering

» Anyone being treated by Drexel University???
Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:50 pm by Hopeitworks

» Post Vestibulectomy Pain !!!
Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:00 pm by sj17

» Pain management - what works for me
Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:58 am by sj17

Partial Vestibulectomy

Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:44 pm by JGD13

Hi all i am new here.
I had a partial vestibulectomy 21/7 for my provoked vulvodynia.
After a painful few days and feeling quite uncomfortable it seemed to get better. 1 week after i noticed some white stuff and gloopy discharge, it wasnt smelly or itchy but i got a check up at the gp surgery and the doctor said the stitches looked fine and i could just have a touch of thrush. He said this is …

Comments: 4

New w/ Secondary Provoked Vestibuldynia

Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:46 pm by Birdy

Hi everyone,

I'm here because I'm pretty sure I have secondary provoked vestibuldynia, even though my gyno is still "optimistic" it is not.  My problem started six months ago when I got my second UTI in as many months (after going 25 years of life without one) and then ended up with a bad yeast infection (also my first one ever) thanks to the antibiotics.  Ever since the yeast …

Comments: 3

Anyone from the PNW?

Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:54 am by jungleclover

I'm located near Portland and I would be really cool to actually meet someone with this issue. I think my roommate in college technically had this problem. She had an overgrown hymen removed and can't deal with penetration as a result. But she is gay so it seems like it hasn't been a huge problem for her (although we didn't talk about it much so there was possibly more to it than she let on). …

Comments: 0

Constant pain, I want to die.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:29 am by Meggiemay

I posted on here a few years ago but my symptoms went away with the inflammation. I didn't get so lucky this time.

For over three months, i've had terrible rawness, burning, soreness in the urethral/vestibule area and pressure/hypersensitivity in the clitoral area. I've also had some lower abdominal pressure and burning on my butt. I can barely walk! My gyno hasn't been much help. I'm on …

Comments: 22

Newbie to the site

Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:16 am by Ksa

Hello. Thank you for this wonderful site. I'm currently under the care of a dr in Phoenix that specializes in vaginal disorders. I will probably be on a suppository of estridol the rest of my life and I am currently on medications for a rare form of vaginitis that's pretty unheard of for my age. My vagina literally hates me. I've struggled with vulvadynia for 20 years, the duration of my …

Comments: 1

New to the site and just had a vestibulectomy

Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:19 am by Hopeitworks

Hello Everyone,

I have been suffering from vulvodynia for years! So I decided to go ahead and have vestibulectomy on July 28, 2017. I really wished I would of found this site before I went through with the surgery. Maybe I would have been more prepared to deal with recovering. I just need someone to talk and I dont mind hearing your story.

Comments: 2

Post Vestibulectomy

Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:15 pm by infinitelywondering

Heya,

I had my vestibulectomy (full) about a day and a half ago. I was very sick and poorly just after the op and experienced intense pain down there Sad

However, today I came home and have done the following things:

-washed with warm water
-applied manuka honey to the area
-ensured I wash at least 3 times a day and dab the area dry gently
-use frozen peas to stop the swelling

As of now I am …

can anyone recommend a good dermatologist in LA?

Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:17 pm by saffron

Hi, I am wondering if anyone knows a vulvar dermatologist in Los Angeles? My problems seem to be external, but I'm having trouble finding a knowledgable doctor. My current dermatologist is pretty cosmetic based and I'm afraid all the products he prescribed actually made my situation so much worse!

I know there a few drs in Orange County/San Diego, but was hoping to stay local as even …

Comments: 3

Vulvodynia and IVF? Anyone done this? What does it do to the vulvadynia?

Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:03 am by Carolyn4

Hi everyone,

I have had vulvodynia since age 27--I am now 43 and it has been in pretty good remission.  I control it with acupuncture and herbs, and some cranial sacral therapy.  I have a 5 year old, had a pretty uneventful pregnancy which ended in a c-section.  My VV worsened after that, and I have worked hard to get it back under control (it took over a year to get it back into pretty good …

TREAT THE UNDERLYING PROBLEM (still cured btw)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TREAT THE UNDERLYING PROBLEM (still cured btw)

Post  EverythingIsDifferentNow on Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:11 pm

This mostly revolves around unprovoked vulvodynia (since I had it and I'm talking from experience), but it might work for provoked. Not everyone with unprovoked vulvodynia may feel this applies to them.
Hi guys, I've been cured for more than a year now. I've done everything holistically and through months of research. I am confident the majority (if not all) cases of vulvodynia victims have kidney issues/sensitivities and may have an underlying chronic disease they don't know about. Chronic illnesses include diverticulitis, celiac, ezcema, any autoimmune condition, and so much more. If you don't know, look at the simple things. Do you get dandruff a lot, do you have bad body odor, do you have a lot of gas, are you lactose intolerant?  Why do I say this? Everything is connected. If there's even one organ of your body that contains high levels of toxicity, chances are 3 other organs and probably your whole body is affected. This sets off imbalance, and imbalance is everything vulvodynia stands for.  If you have chronic illness, that means your body is in a state of toxicity/acidity, and is more unable to get rid of the toxins that have accumulated in your body since you were born/started to develop the illness. Since curing vulvodynia, I learned I had MANY different diseases going on in my body (almost all chronic illnesses). Don't worry, this is probably not the case for you. What I have is rare, but I just wanted to give you some background info. on me.

When the body is unable to get rid of the toxins that accumulate in your body (in this case, the toxins found in western diet food - processed, GMO, not organic, etc.), then the kidneys aren't fully able to break down the oxalates found even in simple foods like spinach or other high level oxalate foods. Not just that, but acidic foods definitely don't help either (coffee is a biggie). Combine acidic foods in your already acidic body, and high level oxalate foods (or even medium oxalate foods that build up oxalate crystals over time in your body- then BOOM, suddenly you wake up and get a horrible acidic feeling down there -happened to me) and you get the worst disease I myself have ever experienced. The other 7 diseases I have are absolutely fine compared to this nightmare and that says a lot, and that's the only reason why I STILL go on here once in a blue moon to give insight to women/girls out there who were in my terrible shoes long ago.

Solutions? First and foremost, get rid of those oxalate crystals (which are basically acidic crystals) through calcium citrate or calcium/magnesium supplement. Take it EVERYDAY. You will not feel cured immediately, especially if you have a bad case of vulvodynia. For me it took maybe 2 weeks to see improvement, then a month in I felt a lot better. However, take it continually at least for 3 months. In conjunction with this, stop taking acidic foods/beverages like coffee, try to cut out high caffeine drinks like black tea, eat organic as much as possible (with all the research and books I've read, I'm convinced the food in western society is poison and responsible for most diseases today), eat a mainly alkaline diet (this diet greatly soothes the body) and DESTRESS. I didn't think stress was a big deal and dismissed it first coming here, but lemme tell you, it's a pillar of health. It can literally save you from death. Yoga helped me a lot, especially ab workouts.

Recommendations include enemas, liver tonics, prebiotics/probiotics, yoga/saunas, and removal of gut irritating foods. This changed my world around. My mind feels more at peace than ever.

Most western doctors aren't trained in vulvodynia. They are trained in giving patients pharmaceutical drugs to treat the symptom of the problem, which literally makes no sense, since the symptom is the body's natural way of healing itself. This absurd thinking usually ends up making the problem worse/causes confusion and stress in patients. Been there, done that. Been called "crazy...it's just a yeast infection. Here's a $500 cream that doesn't even work. affraid "...ya right. Don't worry, nature is here to help (and cheaper  Razz ).

If you are not your own doctor, you're a fool. -Hippocrates

While you're at it, you might want to address if you have any other health problems. Anything is impossible. The word impossible has "I'm possible". Hope this helps. sunny sunny sunny

Last edited by EverythingIsDifferentNow on Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

EverythingIsDifferentNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

almost

Post  mary jane on Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:55 pm

I really like your approach to this, I do think STRESS can cause inflammation and a million other diseases. ALso doing Yoga is very clever to add to this. I've read that if you have central sensitization (meaning nerve pain, IBS, TMJ and other pain) then doing sports is considered one of the treatments.

I have read a lot of books on this topic, I do agree that a low oxalate diet and supplements can help or cure vulvodynia.

However western medicine CAN help and without it we would be dead. For me, medication works, and it works very well. I do add mindfulness, magnesium supplements and probiotics to the mix and they do help, however for NEUROPATHY  it's unlikely that one can be cured through detoxes and supplements. Pain occurs in the brain, that is why we need to take these medications. If you search for some users here, they have had remission from vulvodynia using Lyrica or others. Myself included. They don't mask the symptoms, their point is to interrupt pain signals so they don't become permanent.  you can research this theory. It's about nerve memory. Medications do work for some, as vulvodynia can have very different symptoms from one person to another. I don't know how much GMO is present in UK foods, I've never heard of GMOs cause burning pain or nerve symptoms, maybe it can happen, but to say that your solution works for everyone is sending the wrong message.
mary jane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top