» Constant pain, I want to die.
Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:41 pm by Meggiemay

» What is Vulvodynia?
Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:21 pm by mary jane

» Will I ever be able to wear jeans?
Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:02 pm by jungleclover

» Looking for a friend IRL; LA/OC
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:58 pm by jungleclover

» Anyone else get this from yeast infections? (new member)
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:37 pm by jungleclover

» Owner of vulvodyniSuppoet.com
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:28 pm by LaurenVV

» anyone from southern california in here?
Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:38 am by crypticcalico

Just Diagnosed with Vulvadynia

Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:11 pm by CherryTree23

Well, I was just diagnosed today, yay...my symptoms are just burning pain in vaginal opening. This all came about after taking Bactrim, Monistat, Clindomycin and Diflucan. This doctor was extremely confident I have Vulvadynia. Also told me my vaginal skin isn't red. Yes, it is, mine isn't typically electric red. He prescribed Ampytripline (sp) said, I have a very mild case, and worse case …

Comments: 7

Vulvadynia

Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:53 pm by Linda Williams

I am 68 years old and a year ago was diagnosed with vestibulitis, then vulvadynia. I have a history of chinchilla bladder infections, have had major bladder repair, hysterectomy, mid 30's, an auto immune disease. I take a daily antibiotic to keep UTI's at bay. My doctor has done the Quip test which was uncomfortable but did not test anything. I use Premarin vaginal cream 2 times a week. These …

Comments: 3

Constant pain, I want to die.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:29 am by Meggiemay

I posted on here a few years ago but my symptoms went away with the inflammation. I didn't get so lucky this time.

For over three months, i've had terrible rawness, burning, soreness in the urethral/vestibule area and pressure/hypersensitivity in the clitoral area. I've also had some lower abdominal pressure and burning on my butt. I can barely walk! My gyno hasn't been much help. I'm on …

Comments: 21

Looking for a friend IRL; LA/OC

Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:51 am by crypticcalico

Hello!

I am hoping to find a friend in the LA/OC area that I can meet up with in person. I live in Long Beach, California and I am willing to drive a bit to meet. The only person that I've told about this is my doctor(s) and someone who couldn't wrap their brain around it. It would be nice to be able to talk to someone else who understands.

Comments: 1

Owner of vulvodyniSuppoet.com

Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:28 pm by LaurenVV

Hi, I started vulvodyniasupport.com at the age of 28.
I was a leader when there was no help, no forums etc.

As I went on my path, I found acupuncture, herbs and time helped me recover.
Most never do.

I met a wonderful woman named Hanna. She was a patient and became a support leader. She lived in FLoroda.

I have moved on from the support world and found a career that allowed
Me to bring my …

Comments: 0

anyone from southern california in here?

Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:43 pm by Melissa777

Hi Im just wondering if anyone here is from so cal- USA
I am in san diego- but from LA!!!

Comments: 6

Anyone else try Cold Laser therapy/ Low Level Laser Therapy for their vestibulodynia?

Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:01 am by Tired89

Hello everyone. It's been quite a long time since I've posted. I've been extremely depressed and bottling it all up. I've been seeing a pelvic floor therapist (it's only been 4 visits) for my provoked vestibulodynia and the only reason she can get inside of me to do myofascial release and to use the dilators is because I use BLT (benzocaine, lidocaine, tetracaine) ointment on my vestibule prior …

Comments: 2

Clitoris Issues

Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:17 pm by January

I am going crazyyy trying to figure out what's wrong. Please does anyone else have an issue similar to mine? I'm only 22. So, basically when my clit is lightly rubbed, there is no feeling. However, when rubbed vigorously and directly, the burning and tingling sensations shoot down my legs and feet as if coming to the end of an orgasm but with no good feeling leading up. It's so strange. What …

Comments: 1

Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:37 pm by Lisa1627

Hi ladies. I am new to the forum. I have had what I think is vulvodynia caused from hsv 2. So not only do I have the burning vag but the constant feeling of being contagious. I can honestly say that I hate my life and myself right now. There are days when I think I would rather be dead. I tried the amitryptline and it helped but if it's only making my brain think I don't have pain then it's …

Comments: 12

Vestibulodynia wiith cuts and sores

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vestibulodynia wiith cuts and sores

Post  Ukvestibulodynia on Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:53 pm

I have had pain with sex for 3 years and was diagnosed with vestibulodynia yesterday. I get pain and also little cuts and sores after sex and found it hard to believe that its a nerve cell problem and not a skin problem when I do get grazes and cuts. It was a dermatologist who eventually diagnosed me with this after gyno's and gp's had no idea. I would have thought a derm would have said it was eczma or something similar but she said the cuts probably just happen to most people and they don't notice. A bit unconvinced and wondered if anyone else gets physical signs or their pains eg cuts/redness.

Ukvestibulodynia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vestibulodynia wiith cuts and sores

Post  Sarah001 on Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:20 pm

Hi and welcome, I have vulvar vestibulitis syndrome (VVS) as well as generalised vulvodynia and I have very red areas that get worse with any contact. I too see a dermatologist because my doctor was convinced it was a skin problem but got told no it wasn't. I don't buy the nerve theory for some women because it's caused by different things but tight pelvic floor muscles can affect the area and produce red inflamed skin by cutting off the blood supply to that area and no new blood, nutrients and oxygen getting to it so that's the theory I think fits me. It depends on the source of the problem, for some women it is nerves and others it's not. As for cuts and sores you could try sea buckthorn oil to heal the skin, some of the members of www.vulvarvestibulitisrelief.com have had great results with it. I didn't get on with it but it might be worth a go. It is orange though and does stain underwear so be warned! A good book is "When Sex Hurts" which explains the various types of vulvar pain and the various causes they've found so it could help you solve why you have the problem in the first place and point you in the right direction for treatment. Get used to doing your own legwork and research though, doctors just want to throw medication at it which isn't very successful if it's not the nerves (I know because I'm a fair way down that road now.).
Sarah001

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I hate those soars :(

Post  skippypie23 on Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:53 pm

I have VVS and I get the soars too; they're tiny but incredibly painful - sometimes it's almost impossible to walk.
They don't appear all the time; i remember i first started getting them after taking antibiotics (for a flu). I'm wondering if they could be triggered by yeast infections, because antibiotics often cause them.

I wish you all the best, and hope we can find a solution to this.

skippypie23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ButterflyLiz on Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:22 pm

I do get those little cuts but rarely. My consultant told me they're down to thrush, which would make sense as I don't get them most of the time (I'm sure I would notice, I'm forever examining myself!). Then again I guess there could be other reasons too, but this is what I've been told.

Liz
ButterflyLiz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  naomi on Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:44 pm

me too! wooooop we are lucky lasses! I apply Emu oil, soothes it more than the coconut oil i was using. not as nice smell though!
naomi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa777 on Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:55 am

Have any of you been tested for hsv 1 or 2. These symptoms sound typical of that

Melissa777

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  raven86 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:59 pm

I have lichen sclerosis, which has caused significant thinning of the skin of my vulva and anus, and as a result get cracks/sores during flare ups. They definitely suck! My gyno also explained that you are more prone to getting them around your period, since menstrual fluid can be hard on your skin. Eczema can also cause sores and redness, especially if you are scratching in your sleep.

raven86

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lindilou on Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:51 am

I get a 'paper cut' at the base entrance of my vagina [perineum end], I just posted elsewhere about this, sorry, my head and eyes are jumping aroudn all over the place and I might post in the wrong place. However mine could be due to my anatomy

Lindilou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top