Vulvodynia and beig high sensitve

Go down

Vulvodynia and beig high sensitve Empty Vulvodynia and beig high sensitve

Post  Antaea on Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:47 pm

Hi Ladies,
recently I came to think whether there could be a connection between high sensitivity and vulvodynia.... I have generalized and provoked v which is hormone dependent to a great extent.

When I think of my earliest life, my childhood, I always reacted very strong to all kind of impressions belonging to my senses. I have been a high sensitive person all my life. And my skin always reacted very strongly. Even I never had any allergies. Well, one exception: I reacted to a very harsh laundry detergent used during the fifties.
Do you have experienced similar connections?
Antaea
Antaea

Back to top Go down

Vulvodynia and beig high sensitve Empty Re: Vulvodynia and beig high sensitve

Post  aspaceodyssey on Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:19 pm

yes, absolutely. I'm a highly sensitive person as well and have a very sensitive system in a lot of ways. I also have autoimmunity which sadly very closely parallels the fact that I've always internalized a lot of my emotional distress and pain. I definitely think there is a connection among highly sensitive people, neurotransmitter levels, and expression/experience of pain and chronic pain, particularly if you went through any kind of traumatic early experiences. I bet these connections will become more clear as research continues. in fact, apparently there's already more and more evidence showing that therapies like EMDR (eye movement desensitization and reprocessing) which have been used for PTSD and emotional trauma are also effective at healing physical pain. more theories are popping up that traumatic emotional experiences can stay with you and not only cause recurring emotional pain but physical conditions and pain as well. I'm very interested in trying it myself as a healing tool for my mental health and my chronic pain. but yes, definitely a connection and it is a pretty fascinating one that hopefully continues to inform new treatments for these problems.

aspaceodyssey

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum