» New member - just looking for feedback
Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:40 pm by mertzwl

» Will I ever be able to wear jeans?
Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:14 pm by Npage14

» Amitriptyline Success and new-found love
Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:29 pm by megaanx

» Diagnosed recently, looking for advice
Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:30 pm by wuhujen

» Dose HAVING VULVODYNIA MEANS YOU HAVE LUPUS?? HELP IM FREAKING OUT!
Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:01 pm by pussycat

» From a concerned husband
Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:46 pm by shope610

» Had this for 5 years, looking for people who understand
Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:55 am by Npage14

» 6 year sufferer but I’ve found some hope
Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:33 am by Npage14

Anyone have pain with urination?

Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:35 pm by mertzwl

Hi everyone - I can't believe I've been dealing with this for almost 10 years and an appointment scheduler at a urogyn office is the one to suggest I look into vulvodynia. Honestly, I don't care, I just thankful I might have an answer.

I have pain in one specific spot right around the urethral opening so it always coincides with urinating (it's not a uti). Does anyone else deal with pain …

Comments: 6

Diagnosed recently, looking for advice

Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:51 am by Cloudberry

Hi everyone,

I'm so glad I found this forum! I was diagnosed with vulvodynia/vulvar vestibulitis (still not sure about the difference between all the different terms) a couple of months ago and I could do with some advice. This is probably going to be a lot of text because I just want to get everything off my chest, so please bear with me.

I’m a woman in my late 20s. Before getting diagnosed …

Comments: 4

From a concerned husband

Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:45 pm by ConcernedYorkieHubby

Hello everyone,

This is probably a little unconventional, but I’m a man who is here because his wife has been diagnosed with vulvodynia. The poor girl has been suffering with vulva pain for around 10 years now, and I’ve been by her side through the pain and tears and doctors misunderstandings the whole way, and we’re both exhausted and terrified by the whole experience.

I’m sure a lot …

Comments: 4

Had this for 5 years, looking for people who understand

Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:46 pm by blackberrie

Hey all. I'm really struggling to find anyone in real life who can really understand what I'm going through. I've had vestibulodynia for 5 years now and I'm single. Obviously it has completely affected how I approach dating and sex and the fact that I can't really talk to people irl about it has made me feel very lonely. I've found that a lot of the women who have this problem are married and …

Comments: 2

6 year sufferer but I’ve found some hope

Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:33 am by Npage14

Hey, ladies! I’m new to this support group, I’ve thought about doing something like this for a while so I wanted to try this out! I’ve had vulvodynia for 6 years now, I am self diagnosed. I’m 20 now and the pain started when I had my first encounter with sexual contact when I was 14(I still remained a virgin though it was fingering). For a couple years the pain was so bad I could hardly …

Comments: 0

Hurting, Burning, Itching, and Worn Out

Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:55 pm by donnambr

This vulvodynia that I'm currently suffering with is so cruel. I hurt, I burn, I itch. When I first got this several years ago, before the internet, I though I was the only one with this awful disorder. Doctors couldn't figure it out. I felt so alone and devastated. Somehow it disappeared for a few years and now I'm suffering again. This dreaded V misery is back and I feel like I will be with …

Comments: 5

Hi girls! New in this forum

Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:31 pm by Gaby

Hi everyone!

Also joining the V club, Here my story:

It all started last year in september with a very bad throat infection for which i had to take antibiotics for about a month. This cause several yeast infections (candidia albicans).... one after the other!. I had them every month from october 2017 till march 2018. During this period i use an incredible amount of anti-fungal creams and …

Comments: 1

Newbie and feeling helpless

Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:52 pm by Taylor1

Hi, I found out a few weeks ago that I have this condition, started off at the end of April as a uti took strong antibiotics then got a thrush infection and now this.. My doctor has tried me on amitriptyline and gabipentin and both made me so poorly I couldn't take it plus I have seen what long use of these drugs has done to my mom for pain and its not good. I am using coconut oil which does …

Comments: 3

I'm new to this forum and would love some advice! :)

Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:13 am by anikita

Hi lovely gals!

I'm honestly hoping to get any bit of advice anyone might have to offer. I go from bouts of sobbing hysterically in my boyfriend's arms to feeling confident that I can beat this.

I haven't been actually diagnosed with vulvodynia but EVERYTHING under the sun has come back negative. I started having sex 4 years ago after starting Lo Loestrin, with my first and current boyfriend …

Comments: 6

Post Vestibulectomy Vulva Pain?

Go down

Post Vestibulectomy Vulva Pain?

Post  ehesser on Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:07 am

Hi Everyone,

I had a vestibulectomy (with vaginal advancement) 4 weeks ago, and last week I developed new pain not associated with the surgical site on the right side of my labia minora. My recovery was going so well and then this burning, stinging, throbbing pain developed and I've had it for a week now. Has anyone experienced this post surgery? Is this temporary or here to stay? The pain spot seems inconsistent too, like there's sensitivity on my clit and left side of labia as well.. in the past week I've been using hydrocortisone cream and have been soaking in warm bathes abs have tried acupuncture. I feel as though my pain went from a 9 to an annoying 3, which seems like improvement but it worries me as I haven't had this kind of pain before so I don't know if it's temporary irritation or if I traded in my provoked vestibular pain for now unprovoked vulva pain?! I'm scared. Anyone one else experience the during healing process? Does it go away? Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

ehesser

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Post Vestibulectomy Vulva Pain?

Post  emalita on Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:53 pm

Hi ehesser,

I've never personally had the surgery, but I've read posts from other women on here that have said it takes MANY months to heal (like 4+). I can't remember which post it was, but there was at least one lady talking about her pain being far worse until about 6 months after her surgery. Do a search on this forum and read some of the surgery experience posts (unfortunately this forum isn't really very active anymore).

I hope your new symptoms subside and you fully heal quickly Very Happy

emalita

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PelvicStrong on Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:02 pm

Hi, I had the vestibulectomy done on the 12th of August and I'm 3 weeks into recovery.

My doctor took out the stitches yesterday which was very painful and I just can't resist to look at it today. There's a really ugly growth on the surgical area. My doctor said that there's some swelling because of the stitches. It just looks and feels like scar tissues to me. I have minor hypertrophic scars from my laparascopy but my doctor said that the tissue on the skin is different than the mucosa skin on the vestibule so I shouldn't form those hypertrophic scars when it's healed. I'm wondering if you experienced the same thing?

Another thing I'm also a bit concerned about is that he did a very partial vestibulectomy, only the lower and the most painful part of the vestibules were removed. I still had some redness and a bit of stinging on the upper part but it's nothing compared to the 6 o'clock location. Those minor stings and redness were always there but went away when I used Valium suppositories for pelvic floor muscle spasms. I read the book "When Sex Hurts", Dr. Goldenstein suggested to do a full vestibulectomy just in case so the pain doesn't get worst going to the remnant vestibules but everyone's different and my doctor did a q-tip test b4 he started surgery so I guess the pain scale I evaluated made him determine which needs to be removed. Not sure if this is what ou experienced or any of you had the same experience? I'm a bit worried too honestly but nothing we can do right now.

PelvicStrong

View user profile

Back to top Go down

vestibulectomy

Post  CarolRD on Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:27 pm

What was your results of the vulva biopsy? What was the main reason for your biopsy? Do they numb you?

CarolRD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alana3 on Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:57 pm

I had a nasty yeast infection after my surgery that I flipped out about, but that's all it was. Maybe its something along those lines?

Alana3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down