I forgot my password

New w/ Secondary Provoked Vestibuldynia

Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:46 pm by Birdy

Hi everyone,

I'm here because I'm pretty sure I have secondary provoked vestibuldynia, even though my gyno is still "optimistic" it is not.  My problem started six months ago when I got my second UTI in as many months (after going 25 years of life without one) and then ended up with a bad yeast infection (also my first one ever) thanks to the antibiotics.  Ever since the yeast …

Comments: 4

Newly diagnosed

Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:37 pm by Brevispink

Hello everyone. I have recently been diagnosed with unprovoked vulvodynia and would really appreciate some advice and support. I have had a chronic urine infection for 16 months and was on antibiotics for 9 of those months. I have been very uncomfortable for the entire time, but now I have absolutely unbearable stinging and burning all day with itching too. The infection has just about gone, …

Comments: 9

Recent "Poke" Pain - So Confused/Losing My Mind

Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:26 am by kelseybeth23

Long Story, but I am losing my mind and getting really depressed, so if I tell the full story maybe someone can help me.

Back in August I started to get an itch down there. Normally, in the past, when this would happen, I would change the way I wore my clothes, take more baths instead of showers, and use Monistat. This time, after about two weeks of no relief, I started to get concerned. I was …

Comments: 5

Does anyone else experience this?

Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:21 pm by Angelmegs

Hi— im new here. Im incredibly desperate so if anyone has any suggestions i would greatly appreciate it. Im a 20 year old female with vulvodynia and vaginismus. I was on the birth control pill (junel fe lo estrin) from age 13-18 because of severe menstrual pain. I used the xulane patch for a few months when i was 18 but eventually stopped BC altogether because it interferes with my med for …

Comments: 0

Post Full Vestibulectomy - 5 Years Later - Please Read

Tue May 02, 2017 6:18 pm by jen007

Hi All,

It's been awhile since I've written a new topic on the forum. Wondering if any of the same ladies are still here. I've come back to update you all on my post vestibulectomy results. I can't remember if I've done an update on my current state, so forgive me if this is repeated information... I can't remember how to view my old posts! Anyway, let me get on with my update.

For 4 years post …

Comments: 4

Do you ever worry that you're making it up?

Fri May 27, 2016 6:50 am by Lucci

Hello,

I was diagnosed with Vaginismus and Vulvar Vestibulitis 10 years ago. I was 18 and scared and moving across the country for college, but luckily was able to find a doctor who specialized in 'Women's Health' who immediately put me into physical therapy. Long story short, I've been in and out of the system ever since.

A few years into treatment, I had the diagnosis of PTSD added on for …

Comments: 7

Clitoris Issues

Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:17 pm by January

I am going crazyyy trying to figure out what's wrong. Please does anyone else have an issue similar to mine? I'm only 22. So, basically when my clit is lightly rubbed, there is no feeling. However, when rubbed vigorously and directly, the burning and tingling sensations shoot down my legs and feet as if coming to the end of an orgasm but with no good feeling leading up. It's so strange. What …

Comments: 2

Cured of Vulvodynia

Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:39 am by angelique2016

I used to post on this forum a long time ago and told everyone of how I was cured of my vulvodynia by a (Melbourne Australia) female dermatologist, she put me on very low doses of Nortriptyline (Allergron) for pain management about 10mgs I believe it was, and she also had me use Advantan Fatty Ointment (not the cream) (although I saw the cream for sale on ebay from germany) so it might help, as …

Comments: 10

Vulvodynia and IVF? Anyone done this? What does it do to the vulvadynia?

Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:03 am by Carolyn4

Hi everyone,

I have had vulvodynia since age 27--I am now 43 and it has been in pretty good remission.  I control it with acupuncture and herbs, and some cranial sacral therapy.  I have a 5 year old, had a pretty uneventful pregnancy which ended in a c-section.  My VV worsened after that, and I have worked hard to get it back under control (it took over a year to get it back into pretty good …

Comments: 1

Two things... IBS & Periods.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Two things... IBS & Periods.

Post  JemimaSurrender on Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:05 pm

First of all...

For the last two days I have been beyond sore. Most notable is the extreme burning pain whenever I sit down. Generally I get pain when I'm sat leaning forward (like at the dinner table, or at a desk) but it's more of an ache, like a bruise. But for some reason, as of yesterday afternoon, it's been burning like mad, stinging, and is very, very tender. It's also been very itchy, but, as always, only around the vestibule.

Now, I was just wondering if there's any link between vestibulodynia and your menstruation cycle? It's something I'd never really considered before, and as I'm not taking the pill I'd kind of ruled any hormone changes out. But I realised I should be due on in about a weeks time, and my skin has just started getting spotty again. I don't usually notice until I actually start, then I think "oh, so that's why I've been covered in spots for the last week". But I thought... If my hormone changes affect my skin, than I guess it could do the same down there, right?

Does anyone know anymore about it?

Moving on to... IBS! Yay. (excuse any grossness... I'm sorry!)

For nearly 4 years I've had a change in *ahem* toilet habits. Instead of experiencing the normal kind of, erm, stool (eek!) I've consistently had very soft, brightly coloured ones. Now, it was at this time four years ago that I started having regular sex, I started taking the pill, and I became vegetarian, so as a result I never really bothered looking into it as I just thought it could be something like that causing the change, and as it wasn't having that much of an effect on my day to day life, I ignored it. Until now.

Looking over the forum I spotted something about IBS being link to VV. Can anyone tell me more about it?

I've thought in the past I may have had IBS, but never looked it up really as I'd assumed it's only really diagnosed by what you tell the doctor you have, as in, there's no actual tests for it or anything.

Anyway... I also read on here something about IBS, carbs & VV? I'm a little mixed up about it all but maybe some of you VV docs in waiting can help me! Basically, VV started for me, really, 3 years ago (ibs like symptoms 4) and I am absolutely CRAZY for carbs! I eat bread atleast once a day, sometimes twice, and live off things like pasta, potatoes and all that yummy stuff.

Now... Is this bad??? Could my bread obsession me exacerbating my symptoms? Could it be aiding the IBS (if I have it)? And how on Earth do I suggest this to my doctor, along with the 200 other things I've got to bring up with her, in my next 10 minute appointment??

Any suggestions/advice/tips for any of the above would me greatly received! Thanks guyyyyys.

JemimaSurrender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Two things... IBS & Periods.

Post  Sarah001 on Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:13 pm

They have found that lots of women with V have things like IBS but they don't know why, typical. Your carb eating could be playing a role if you have a wheat intolerance or gluten sensitivity but the only way to know for sure is to cut out carbs and see what happens to your IBS.

As for V and menstrual cycles there is often a connection but again they don't really know why, right before my period I have a reduction in symptoms which then increase again a couple of days into my period but alot of the women on here get worse right before a period too. As you can see there's no way they can know why for sure as it varies from woman to woman how and when we are affected by our cycles.

It is possible for a food allergy to cause V though so it might be an idea to reduce your carbs to see if it helps, you could start by removing one at a time to see what happens so you can pinpoint which one is to blame (if any) or cut them all out and then if it works gradually reintroduce them one at a time to see if one triggers symptoms again. To be honest you're probably better trying this on your own and using your doctor for other possible causes rather than just have her/him tell you the same thing, that way you get good value at your drs appointments as well as trying things yourself.
Sarah001

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JemimaSurrender on Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:18 pm

Ahh, that's great, thanks so much.

Sometimes you read so many different things that they get all mixed up in your head!

I'll try and ween myself off all these loooovely carbs then. Is it still possible to get allergy testing done? I know Holland & Barrett used to do it but they've stopped now, although the ladies in there did suggest another place for me to try. But I heard testing's not very reliable really and it just tends to give a result of an allergy towards anything you've just eaten that's still in your stomach!

I'll definitely try and cut things out anyway and see what helps, but I'm scared I'll be breadless for life. Bye bye wholemeal... It's been nice knowing ya!

JemimaSurrender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top