Prescription creams that work!

Go down

Prescription creams that work! Empty Prescription creams that work!

Post  karris87 on Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:48 pm

Prescription creams that work!

Ask your doctor to send in a prescription to a compounding pharmacy. In the hormone replacement therapy cream (HRT), they can put 2% baclofen, 0.1% triamcinolone, and 2% amitriptyline.
Use it one or twice a day on the sore parts of the vestibule. My doctor says I can use it while pregnant, but I am removing the amitriptyline part just to be cautious.

To avoid taking an estrogen pill to help your vestibulitis, you can also have a 0.01% estradiol compounded in the HRT cream as a separate prescription. You can apply this once a day. However, it is not advised that you use this while pregnant (category D drug).

This has not only helped with sexual intercourse but also with urination pain. I had vestibulitis for 7 years before I found these creams, and they've made quite a difference.

karris87

Back to top Go down

Prescription creams that work! Empty Re: Prescription creams that work!

Post  sophiarp on Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:04 am

Hello Smile How are you finding your prescription cream?
I know this post is almost a year old, but I've just been diagnosed and have been using an amitriptyline cream twice a day for about a month. Applying it with my finger feels less overwhelming than it did to begin with, but I'm experiencing more pain than I did before the cream. For example, I used to only experience pain when it was provoked by touching or penetration. Now, wearing a pad sometimes hurts; sometimes it hurts just sitting etc. Did you find that it got worse before it got better?

Hoping things are going well for you!

sophiarp

Back to top Go down

Post  Mintaherb on Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:46 am

It might be that the base is irritating your skin. You could try having the treatment compounded in a different base - I've heard that emu oil is very gentle.

Mintaherb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down