Newly diagnosed - and prescribed amitriptyline cream/physio/psychology

Go down

Newly diagnosed - and prescribed amitriptyline cream/physio/psychology Empty Newly diagnosed - and prescribed amitriptyline cream/physio/psychology

Post  sophiarp on Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:38 am

Hi everyone,

I'm so happy to have stumbled across this forum. I have just been diagnosed and am really struggling emotionally. It's nice to find this forum and feel a little less alone.

I've been prescribed amitriptyline cream. Has anyone had success with this? I was happy to have avoided the amitriptyline tablets. I'm also participating in physio and have been told I need to see a psychologist - especially because the psychological aspect is likely rooted in my religious upbringing.

It's funny what you realise once you know that there's something wrong. I'm currently in a lot of pain just wearing a pad. I'm wondering if it's to do with using the cream and aggravating the area, or just being a little more aware of my body.

I'd love to hear what has worked for you. I feel pretty hopeless right now. Sad

sophiarp

Back to top Go down

Newly diagnosed - and prescribed amitriptyline cream/physio/psychology Empty Re: Newly diagnosed - and prescribed amitriptyline cream/physio/psychology

Post  infinitelywondering on Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:35 pm

Hi there,

I'm so sorry you are going through this. But honestly, this forum is so valuable to me and I'm sure it will become the same for you too.

Are you in the US or the UK?
I really need to see a physio and am just wondering who you've seen because in the U.K. Where I am, I can't seem to find anyone good....

The anytriptyline cream sounds really good, I wanna try that too and maybe Botox!

Hope you start to feel better xx

infinitelywondering

Back to top Go down

Newly diagnosed - and prescribed amitriptyline cream/physio/psychology Empty Re: Newly diagnosed - and prescribed amitriptyline cream/physio/psychology

Post  sophiarp on Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:07 am

Thanks so much for your reply. I'm really glad to hear that this forum has been helpful for you. Have you looked into the botox much? I couldn't find a lot about it where I'm from.

I'm actually in Australia - I wish I could give you a helpful physio recommendation! My Gyno referred me to a fantastic Physio - the clinic director has a special interest in vulvodynia and my physio is so lovely and knowledgable. I really hope you can find the same. Have you had a Gyno make a referral? They might know of someone with experience in this issue. Potentially there's also a database online where you can search for physios with relevant interests? I know there's a database like that for psychologists in Australia, so perhaps other health professionals too.

Let me know if you try the cream - I'd be really interested to chat about it. Apparently the topical form avoids the side effects of taking the medication systemically.

Thank you for the encouragement, wishing you luck in your physio search <3

infinitelywondering wrote:Hi there,

I'm so sorry you are going through this. But honestly, this forum is so valuable to me and I'm sure it will become the same for you too.

Are you in the US or the UK?
I really need to see a physio and am just wondering who you've seen because in the U.K. Where I am, I can't seem to find anyone good....

The anytriptyline cream sounds really good, I wanna try that too and maybe Botox!

Hope you start to feel better xx

sophiarp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum