I forgot my password

Constant pain, I want to die.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:29 am by Meggiemay

I posted on here a few years ago but my symptoms went away with the inflammation. I didn't get so lucky this time.

For over three months, i've had terrible rawness, burning, soreness in the urethral/vestibule area and pressure/hypersensitivity in the clitoral area. I've also had some lower abdominal pressure and burning on my butt. I can barely walk! My gyno hasn't been much help. I'm on …

Comments: 19

Clitoris Issues

Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:17 pm by January

I am going crazyyy trying to figure out what's wrong. Please does anyone else have an issue similar to mine? I'm only 22. So, basically when my clit is lightly rubbed, there is no feeling. However, when rubbed vigorously and directly, the burning and tingling sensations shoot down my legs and feet as if coming to the end of an orgasm but with no good feeling leading up. It's so strange. What …

Comments: 1

Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:37 pm by Lisa1627

Hi ladies. I am new to the forum. I have had what I think is vulvodynia caused from hsv 2. So not only do I have the burning vag but the constant feeling of being contagious. I can honestly say that I hate my life and myself right now. There are days when I think I would rather be dead. I tried the amitryptline and it helped but if it's only making my brain think I don't have pain then it's …

Comments: 12

Post Full Vestibulectomy - 5 Years Later - Please Read

Tue May 02, 2017 6:18 pm by jen007

Hi All,

It's been awhile since I've written a new topic on the forum. Wondering if any of the same ladies are still here. I've come back to update you all on my post vestibulectomy results. I can't remember if I've done an update on my current state, so forgive me if this is repeated information... I can't remember how to view my old posts! Anyway, let me get on with my update.

For 4 years post …

Comments: 3

Recovered from Vulvodynia

Thu May 04, 2017 9:42 pm by chancesunny

Hey everyone,

Im a new member on this forum and wanted to share my story so I can help anyone who is feeling helpless. Maybe what worked for me can work for you. I'll try to make this short so you can go get better!

I had vulvodynia for about 3-4 years. In the beginning, it started with pain that I thought was just a yeast infection and then I thought it was a urinary tract infection or …

Comments: 2

New here, my story and looking for advice

Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:02 am by rachiecakes

Hi All!

I was really hoping to get some feedback from everyone here - it's very hard dealing with an issue like this because no one really understands what I'm going through!

Im 28 years old I've had interstitial cystitis for 3 years - but never an vaginal issues. About 6 months ago I got a yeast infection following a course of antibiotics - similarly I developed IC after a bad UTI. The itching …

Comments: 4

New w/ Secondary Provoked Vestibuldynia

Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:46 pm by Birdy

Hi everyone,

I'm here because I'm pretty sure I have secondary provoked vestibuldynia, even though my gyno is still "optimistic" it is not.  My problem started six months ago when I got my second UTI in as many months (after going 25 years of life without one) and then ended up with a bad yeast infection (also my first one ever) thanks to the antibiotics.  Ever since the yeast …

Comments: 2

Male visitor

Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:19 pm by outsider

Hello!

I am a 25 year old guy who has erectile dysfunction following an injury a few years ago. I am here because I think that men and women with sexual dysfunction could benefit from dating each other. My experience has been that women have lost interest when they found out that penetrative sex was not possible with me.
So I am interested in learning more about female sexual disorders. Do young …

Comments: 3

New Here: Question/My Story

Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:00 am by overit14

Hi everyone. I came across this site by Googling "vulvar pain support". I feel like my case is different than most I read about so I was wondering if anyone else here experiences this in the way that I do.

This started in 2012 and has happened off and on since. I get really, really red and it's very painful, swollen and burns. Sometimes it may be a little itchy, but mostly it just …

Comments: 6

Lyrica gave me my life back

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lyrica gave me my life back

Post  BpCookie on Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:57 pm

Hi ladies, Ive had LSC for over a year and it had complete control over my life. I couldnt go swimming because I couldnt wear a swimming suit, couldnt go out to dinner because it hurt to sit, couldnt go to a movie theater, couldnt attend many parties, was restricted to when I could have guests come over, couldnt have sex with out pain.....etc. I was so depressed and at times I had wished that I were dead. I went to my Gyno's office and saw a NP and she prescribed me Lyrica. I kinda rolled my eyes and thought "Oh great, another useless med. that will cost me too much money". After I took the med. my pain was gone, I couldnt believe it. OMG, I was so happy, I wanted to run around the house doing the Snoopy dance. lol. Ive been taking Lyrica for a little over a week now and sometimes it takes away the pain completely and sometimes it reduces the pain to a level that I can handle. The only draw backs are that it makes me feel really druggy, I have a hard time concentrating and I cant drive. I really dont like the druggy feeling but I will take that over pain any day. If you havent tried Lyrica then by all means, give it a try. I want very single woman who has vulva pain to be able to have a life with out pain. I wish you all luck. hugs
BpCookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Me too!

Post  sadone on Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:11 pm

Hi BpCookie,

So glad that the Lyrica helped you. What dose are you on? I used to take it daily- 150 mg twice a day was the prescribed dose, but I ended up taking just 150 at bedtime. Definitely helped with pain, and it made me feel drugged also. But thought it was quite a pleasant feeling actually! Was scared to take it during the day b/c of the loopy feeling. Now I take it "as needed", and it works. I only take it when I have a flare up. I was happy too when I found this med. The other meds I had tried had intolerable side effects and/or did not work. Hope you continue to do well. You may want to try just taking a dose at bedtime and see if that helps with the druggy feeling. Smile

sadone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lyrica gave me my life back

Post  BpCookie on Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:17 pm

Hi ya, I take 150 mgs twice a day, just like you did. Im going to try 100 mgs in the day and 150 mgs at night to see if that helps with the pain but also with the druggy feeling. Im so glad that Lyrica has helped you also. Its amazing what one little pill can do and to think that I went through pain for a year and all somebody had to do was to prescribe me that drug. gggggrrrrr Makes me want to slap some Dr.s lol.

Anyways, take care of yourself and once again, Im ssssoooo glad you have found something that helps your pain. Its wonderful to have your life back isnt it?! hugs
BpCookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebby (Admin) on Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:57 am

Yes I'm pleased with Lyrica, been on it for nearly two years. I had a bad flare up about a year ago and it was put up to 400mg from 300 a day. The pain has reduced a lot and flare ups are milder and less frequent. The druggy feeling goes away after a few weeks.
Sebby (Admin)
Admin

View user profile http://vulvodyniasupport.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Shebby

Post  BpCookie on Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:30 pm

I see ppl talking about flare ups quite a bit. I have Lichen Simplex Chronicus and my burning is a 24 hour thing. Can you explain what you mean when you say flare up? Do you still have daily pain even when you arent having a flare up?

Glad Lyrica help you as well. Have a nice day. hugs
BpCookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebby (Admin) on Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:50 am

Luckily I don't always have daily pain now but when I talk about a flare up it means a bout of extra bad pain which is more severe than daily pain. They tend to come and go and you don't always know what the trigger was or if its just a random cycle v goes through.

admin@vulvodyniasupportforum.com
Sebby (Admin)
Admin

View user profile http://vulvodyniasupport.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  penfebruary on Sun May 06, 2012 5:27 pm

Hi there sorry if this is a stupid question but what type of drug is Lyrica? I'm currently on amitryptaline and it seems to be losing its effectiveness. This month is my one year anniversary of having vulvodynia so I'm pretty down in the dumps.
BPCookie I'm so glad that you're doing so much better - I've read several of your posts before and it's lovely to hear that you're getting your life back, you deserve it! Smile
penfebruary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BpCookie on Mon May 07, 2012 6:57 pm

Hello penfebruary, Lyrica is an anticonvulsant drug used for neuropathic pain. I tried Amitryptaline but it didnt work for me. I do used the Amitryptaline ointment twice a day. It numbs the area. I suggest giving that a try as well.

Im so very sorry that your having such a rough time. I feel your pain and have been through it myself. Over one year of constant burning pain with out much relief. I got so depressed and was mad at the world. There were time that I just wanted to die because I had lost hope in ever getting any relief. Now since Im taking Lynesta, Im back to being my old self again. Im able to watch movies with out constantly thinking about the pain, able to go to restaurants and sit with out being uncomfortable, I can have sex again (wwwooootttt) I can actually go places and do things that I couldnt do before. I still have some days where Im in pain but thats ok, as long as most days are good.

If you decide to try Lyrica, I hope it works for you. Everyone deserves to be pain free!!!!!!

Hugs to you
Cookie

p.s. if you would like to email me, my email addy is runracey@msn.com Smile
BpCookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top