I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Post Vestibulectomy
Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:48 pm by JGD13

» Vestibulectomy
Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:39 pm by Hopeitworks

» Anyone been to see Dr.Claire Bailey in Birmingham?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:36 pm by Kezz

» Recently Diagnosed.... Help!
Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:57 pm by amyhp

» Discomfort from my own liquids
Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:27 am by Hopeitworks

» Anyone else have burning on the front of thighs?
Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:20 am by Hopeitworks

» Partial Vestibulectomy
Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:38 am by infinitelywondering

» Anyone being treated by Drexel University???
Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:50 pm by Hopeitworks

» Post Vestibulectomy Pain !!!
Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:00 pm by sj17

Post Vestibulectomy

Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:15 pm by infinitelywondering

Heya,

I had my vestibulectomy (full) about a day and a half ago. I was very sick and poorly just after the op and experienced intense pain down there Sad

However, today I came home and have done the following things:

-washed with warm water
-applied manuka honey to the area
-ensured I wash at least 3 times a day and dab the area dry gently
-use frozen peas to stop the swelling

As of now I am …

Comments: 1

Partial Vestibulectomy

Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:44 pm by JGD13

Hi all i am new here.
I had a partial vestibulectomy 21/7 for my provoked vulvodynia.
After a painful few days and feeling quite uncomfortable it seemed to get better. 1 week after i noticed some white stuff and gloopy discharge, it wasnt smelly or itchy but i got a check up at the gp surgery and the doctor said the stitches looked fine and i could just have a touch of thrush. He said this is …

Comments: 4

New w/ Secondary Provoked Vestibuldynia

Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:46 pm by Birdy

Hi everyone,

I'm here because I'm pretty sure I have secondary provoked vestibuldynia, even though my gyno is still "optimistic" it is not.  My problem started six months ago when I got my second UTI in as many months (after going 25 years of life without one) and then ended up with a bad yeast infection (also my first one ever) thanks to the antibiotics.  Ever since the yeast …

Comments: 3

Anyone from the PNW?

Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:54 am by jungleclover

I'm located near Portland and I would be really cool to actually meet someone with this issue. I think my roommate in college technically had this problem. She had an overgrown hymen removed and can't deal with penetration as a result. But she is gay so it seems like it hasn't been a huge problem for her (although we didn't talk about it much so there was possibly more to it than she let on). …

Comments: 0

Constant pain, I want to die.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:29 am by Meggiemay

I posted on here a few years ago but my symptoms went away with the inflammation. I didn't get so lucky this time.

For over three months, i've had terrible rawness, burning, soreness in the urethral/vestibule area and pressure/hypersensitivity in the clitoral area. I've also had some lower abdominal pressure and burning on my butt. I can barely walk! My gyno hasn't been much help. I'm on …

Comments: 22

Newbie to the site

Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:16 am by Ksa

Hello. Thank you for this wonderful site. I'm currently under the care of a dr in Phoenix that specializes in vaginal disorders. I will probably be on a suppository of estridol the rest of my life and I am currently on medications for a rare form of vaginitis that's pretty unheard of for my age. My vagina literally hates me. I've struggled with vulvadynia for 20 years, the duration of my …

Comments: 1

New to the site and just had a vestibulectomy

Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:19 am by Hopeitworks

Hello Everyone,

I have been suffering from vulvodynia for years! So I decided to go ahead and have vestibulectomy on July 28, 2017. I really wished I would of found this site before I went through with the surgery. Maybe I would have been more prepared to deal with recovering. I just need someone to talk and I dont mind hearing your story.

Comments: 2

can anyone recommend a good dermatologist in LA?

Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:17 pm by saffron

Hi, I am wondering if anyone knows a vulvar dermatologist in Los Angeles? My problems seem to be external, but I'm having trouble finding a knowledgable doctor. My current dermatologist is pretty cosmetic based and I'm afraid all the products he prescribed actually made my situation so much worse!

I know there a few drs in Orange County/San Diego, but was hoping to stay local as even …

Comments: 3

Vulvodynia and IVF? Anyone done this? What does it do to the vulvadynia?

Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:03 am by Carolyn4

Hi everyone,

I have had vulvodynia since age 27--I am now 43 and it has been in pretty good remission.  I control it with acupuncture and herbs, and some cranial sacral therapy.  I have a 5 year old, had a pretty uneventful pregnancy which ended in a c-section.  My VV worsened after that, and I have worked hard to get it back under control (it took over a year to get it back into pretty good …

Comments: 0

I hate this!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I hate this!!!!!

Post  ameliaamelia on Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:27 am

I am really not sure what to do at this point in time. I hate this condition so much but was not told by my gyno any types of treatments available- all she gave me was the NVA self help tips for vulva skin care, and didn't even tell me the name of the condition. I will describe all my symptoms so if any of you have very similar ones/treatements that work you can let me know.

I have been prone to yeast infections all my life and over the fall I noticed an increase in them. I would also have random periods where I would have almost unbearable itching sensations from my vagina. I didn't really think much of it because usually they would go away. In January I had one incident where the I itched the area so much that it caused one outer lip of my vagina to swell almost 4 times the size it usually is. Towards the end of the month sex began becoming slightly painful. I could still have intercource but I could only do very basic positions that had no deep penetration, and after sex I would have slight burning, stinging, and itching from the area.

Forward to march, it became too painful to have sex. Sex felt like sharp shooting pains and it burned too much to even try. I also have this weird white pilly discharge that happens if I dont wash my vaginal area at least twice a day. I went to a doctor in april who had no clue what it was and ran several tests on me for stis and yeast infections etc. After the results being inconclusive he directed me to a gyno.

She seemed to know what my problem was right away but did not tell me the name of the condition. I only found out what the condition is called TODAY! I have felt so absolutely alone during all of this and I am so happy to finally have a name for my condition and a support network. I have broken down crying to my mom several times from feeling so alone and frustrated but she doesn't understand. My doctor only gave me the NVA self help tips and did not tell me the name of this horrible condition which made me feel even more issolated.

My symptoms include: constant redness, periodic intense itching sensations, soreness, burning, white bally discharge, and stinging (all of this is on the vulva), and in my actual vagina there is just extreme soreness if any pressure is applied. It is the most frustrating thing in the entire world. My age is 18 by the way. Non of my friends understand at all what I am going through but they feel really bad for me. I have diarrhea almost daily and I think it could be related to my condition.

The only thing I have found to help is rinsing my vulva area out with cold water. I haven't really tried anything else except for flora pills but those didnt work. I went off of my birth control pills and also have tried to modify my diet to stop my diarrhea. Please recommend treatments if you know of any that have high success rates! (I react badly to anti depressants).

I am so sorry if this entire thing was badly worded or sounded stupid. If any of you took the time to read this THANK YOU. I feel so much better after finding this website. I can not believe there is a support group. This is exactly what I needed. All I can say is this is the most frustrating thing ever and I am so sorry that so many of you have to deal with it.

ameliaamelia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I hate this!!!!!

Post  ameliaamelia on Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:37 am

Some other symptoms ive identified after reading other peoples posts:
-Strange shooting pain that goes up from vulva randomly
-Muscle cramps in toes/feet/legs/hips

ameliaamelia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sailor_moon on Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:52 pm

Oh babe, your vulva symptoms sound exactly like mine! Itching, swelling, the discharge. The only thing that is different is the pain on touch, I don't have that.

Do you have any other symptoms or are you in good health otherwise? I am finally seeing a decent doctor and he thinks it may be hormonal, as my symptoms go in a cycle at certain times of the month....and my period is not regular. I am sick and nauseous every day. Like morning sickness but im not pregnant.

Im only 26 so I know how hard it is being a young person trying to live with this horrific condition. X
sailor_moon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sailor_moon on Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:56 am

Oh babe, your vulva symptoms sound exactly like mine! Itching, swelling, the discharge. The only thing that is different is the pain on touch, I don't have that.

Do you have any other symptoms or are you in good health otherwise?  I am finally seeing a decent doctor and he thinks it may be hormonal,  as my symptoms go in a cycle at certain times of the month....and my period is not regular. I am sick and nauseous every day. Like morning sickness but im not pregnant.

Im only 26 so I know how hard it is being a young person trying to live with this horrific condition.  X
sailor_moon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

My vulvodynia has basically vanished

Post  EverythingIsDifferentNow on Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:54 pm

I'm gonna go straight to the point, try out these treatments:
-calcium citrate pills (cheap, won't upset stomach, can be taken with/without food)
-1 vitamin pill daily (natural!)
-The nerves that are shooting pain in ur leg and foot sound like you have some pelvic nerve damage, so try out pelvic muscle exercises (you don't NEED a physical therapist, you can do it at home like me, can find it on youtube)
-eat organic, low oxalate, not super acidic (Whole Foods will become your best friend, && DON'T TRY AZO CRANBERRY PILLS, they won't help you!)
-EXERCISE daily

to be honest, I dealt with problems with my Vjj since I became 13 or 14, but it got really bad this year, so I feel your pain. I couldn't go to social events, I was in a bad mood a lot of the times, and felt depressed and a bit suicidal. But doing research on my own I found my own *cure*. However, this may not work for you. It varies from woman to woman, but HONESTLY I don't see why it wouldn't.

I hope you get better. PLEASE TAKE MY ADVICE. I am young proof that this can be cured. Don't trust doctors, or at least most of them (;

EverythingIsDifferentNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  EverythingIsDifferentNow on Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:56 pm

Btw email me if you need support and advice, I'm here for u I love you

EverythingIsDifferentNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content