I forgot my password

New w/ Secondary Provoked Vestibuldynia

Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:46 pm by Birdy

Hi everyone,

I'm here because I'm pretty sure I have secondary provoked vestibuldynia, even though my gyno is still "optimistic" it is not.  My problem started six months ago when I got my second UTI in as many months (after going 25 years of life without one) and then ended up with a bad yeast infection (also my first one ever) thanks to the antibiotics.  Ever since the yeast …

Comments: 4

Newly diagnosed

Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:37 pm by Brevispink

Hello everyone. I have recently been diagnosed with unprovoked vulvodynia and would really appreciate some advice and support. I have had a chronic urine infection for 16 months and was on antibiotics for 9 of those months. I have been very uncomfortable for the entire time, but now I have absolutely unbearable stinging and burning all day with itching too. The infection has just about gone, …

Comments: 9

Recent "Poke" Pain - So Confused/Losing My Mind

Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:26 am by kelseybeth23

Long Story, but I am losing my mind and getting really depressed, so if I tell the full story maybe someone can help me.

Back in August I started to get an itch down there. Normally, in the past, when this would happen, I would change the way I wore my clothes, take more baths instead of showers, and use Monistat. This time, after about two weeks of no relief, I started to get concerned. I was …

Comments: 5

Does anyone else experience this?

Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:21 pm by Angelmegs

Hi— im new here. Im incredibly desperate so if anyone has any suggestions i would greatly appreciate it. Im a 20 year old female with vulvodynia and vaginismus. I was on the birth control pill (junel fe lo estrin) from age 13-18 because of severe menstrual pain. I used the xulane patch for a few months when i was 18 but eventually stopped BC altogether because it interferes with my med for …

Comments: 0

Post Full Vestibulectomy - 5 Years Later - Please Read

Tue May 02, 2017 6:18 pm by jen007

Hi All,

It's been awhile since I've written a new topic on the forum. Wondering if any of the same ladies are still here. I've come back to update you all on my post vestibulectomy results. I can't remember if I've done an update on my current state, so forgive me if this is repeated information... I can't remember how to view my old posts! Anyway, let me get on with my update.

For 4 years post …

Comments: 4

Do you ever worry that you're making it up?

Fri May 27, 2016 6:50 am by Lucci

Hello,

I was diagnosed with Vaginismus and Vulvar Vestibulitis 10 years ago. I was 18 and scared and moving across the country for college, but luckily was able to find a doctor who specialized in 'Women's Health' who immediately put me into physical therapy. Long story short, I've been in and out of the system ever since.

A few years into treatment, I had the diagnosis of PTSD added on for …

Comments: 7

Clitoris Issues

Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:17 pm by January

I am going crazyyy trying to figure out what's wrong. Please does anyone else have an issue similar to mine? I'm only 22. So, basically when my clit is lightly rubbed, there is no feeling. However, when rubbed vigorously and directly, the burning and tingling sensations shoot down my legs and feet as if coming to the end of an orgasm but with no good feeling leading up. It's so strange. What …

Comments: 2

Cured of Vulvodynia

Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:39 am by angelique2016

I used to post on this forum a long time ago and told everyone of how I was cured of my vulvodynia by a (Melbourne Australia) female dermatologist, she put me on very low doses of Nortriptyline (Allergron) for pain management about 10mgs I believe it was, and she also had me use Advantan Fatty Ointment (not the cream) (although I saw the cream for sale on ebay from germany) so it might help, as …

Comments: 10

Vulvodynia and IVF? Anyone done this? What does it do to the vulvadynia?

Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:03 am by Carolyn4

Hi everyone,

I have had vulvodynia since age 27--I am now 43 and it has been in pretty good remission.  I control it with acupuncture and herbs, and some cranial sacral therapy.  I have a 5 year old, had a pretty uneventful pregnancy which ended in a c-section.  My VV worsened after that, and I have worked hard to get it back under control (it took over a year to get it back into pretty good …

Comments: 1

I hate this!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I hate this!!!!!

Post  ameliaamelia on Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:27 am

I am really not sure what to do at this point in time. I hate this condition so much but was not told by my gyno any types of treatments available- all she gave me was the NVA self help tips for vulva skin care, and didn't even tell me the name of the condition. I will describe all my symptoms so if any of you have very similar ones/treatements that work you can let me know.

I have been prone to yeast infections all my life and over the fall I noticed an increase in them. I would also have random periods where I would have almost unbearable itching sensations from my vagina. I didn't really think much of it because usually they would go away. In January I had one incident where the I itched the area so much that it caused one outer lip of my vagina to swell almost 4 times the size it usually is. Towards the end of the month sex began becoming slightly painful. I could still have intercource but I could only do very basic positions that had no deep penetration, and after sex I would have slight burning, stinging, and itching from the area.

Forward to march, it became too painful to have sex. Sex felt like sharp shooting pains and it burned too much to even try. I also have this weird white pilly discharge that happens if I dont wash my vaginal area at least twice a day. I went to a doctor in april who had no clue what it was and ran several tests on me for stis and yeast infections etc. After the results being inconclusive he directed me to a gyno.

She seemed to know what my problem was right away but did not tell me the name of the condition. I only found out what the condition is called TODAY! I have felt so absolutely alone during all of this and I am so happy to finally have a name for my condition and a support network. I have broken down crying to my mom several times from feeling so alone and frustrated but she doesn't understand. My doctor only gave me the NVA self help tips and did not tell me the name of this horrible condition which made me feel even more issolated.

My symptoms include: constant redness, periodic intense itching sensations, soreness, burning, white bally discharge, and stinging (all of this is on the vulva), and in my actual vagina there is just extreme soreness if any pressure is applied. It is the most frustrating thing in the entire world. My age is 18 by the way. Non of my friends understand at all what I am going through but they feel really bad for me. I have diarrhea almost daily and I think it could be related to my condition.

The only thing I have found to help is rinsing my vulva area out with cold water. I haven't really tried anything else except for flora pills but those didnt work. I went off of my birth control pills and also have tried to modify my diet to stop my diarrhea. Please recommend treatments if you know of any that have high success rates! (I react badly to anti depressants).

I am so sorry if this entire thing was badly worded or sounded stupid. If any of you took the time to read this THANK YOU. I feel so much better after finding this website. I can not believe there is a support group. This is exactly what I needed. All I can say is this is the most frustrating thing ever and I am so sorry that so many of you have to deal with it.

ameliaamelia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I hate this!!!!!

Post  ameliaamelia on Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:37 am

Some other symptoms ive identified after reading other peoples posts:
-Strange shooting pain that goes up from vulva randomly
-Muscle cramps in toes/feet/legs/hips

ameliaamelia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sailor_moon on Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:52 pm

Oh babe, your vulva symptoms sound exactly like mine! Itching, swelling, the discharge. The only thing that is different is the pain on touch, I don't have that.

Do you have any other symptoms or are you in good health otherwise? I am finally seeing a decent doctor and he thinks it may be hormonal, as my symptoms go in a cycle at certain times of the month....and my period is not regular. I am sick and nauseous every day. Like morning sickness but im not pregnant.

Im only 26 so I know how hard it is being a young person trying to live with this horrific condition. X
sailor_moon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sailor_moon on Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:56 am

Oh babe, your vulva symptoms sound exactly like mine! Itching, swelling, the discharge. The only thing that is different is the pain on touch, I don't have that.

Do you have any other symptoms or are you in good health otherwise?  I am finally seeing a decent doctor and he thinks it may be hormonal,  as my symptoms go in a cycle at certain times of the month....and my period is not regular. I am sick and nauseous every day. Like morning sickness but im not pregnant.

Im only 26 so I know how hard it is being a young person trying to live with this horrific condition.  X
sailor_moon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

My vulvodynia has basically vanished

Post  EverythingIsDifferentNow on Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:54 pm

I'm gonna go straight to the point, try out these treatments:
-calcium citrate pills (cheap, won't upset stomach, can be taken with/without food)
-1 vitamin pill daily (natural!)
-The nerves that are shooting pain in ur leg and foot sound like you have some pelvic nerve damage, so try out pelvic muscle exercises (you don't NEED a physical therapist, you can do it at home like me, can find it on youtube)
-eat organic, low oxalate, not super acidic (Whole Foods will become your best friend, && DON'T TRY AZO CRANBERRY PILLS, they won't help you!)
-EXERCISE daily

to be honest, I dealt with problems with my Vjj since I became 13 or 14, but it got really bad this year, so I feel your pain. I couldn't go to social events, I was in a bad mood a lot of the times, and felt depressed and a bit suicidal. But doing research on my own I found my own *cure*. However, this may not work for you. It varies from woman to woman, but HONESTLY I don't see why it wouldn't.

I hope you get better. PLEASE TAKE MY ADVICE. I am young proof that this can be cured. Don't trust doctors, or at least most of them (;

EverythingIsDifferentNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  EverythingIsDifferentNow on Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:56 pm

Btw email me if you need support and advice, I'm here for u I love you

EverythingIsDifferentNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content